Stanford University Reviews

Alle 528 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Good and not-so-good
Administrative Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA16 oktober 2018
Overall Stanford is a decent place to work, depending on what you want in a job/career. As with most companies, the department where you work, and whom you work with, are key factors. My most recent position at Stanford was in a small office that was part of a bigger department. Other than meetings, I felt isolated. My manager was fine in terms of having an open-door policy and being easy to talk to, but I concluded that I wouldn't get a chance to learn anything beyond what I had been doing. There is definitely a lot of "office politics" in certain departments. The campus itself is stunning; I never got tired of seeing it. If you want to work with the latest technology, however, Stanford is probably not the place for you. The bureaucracy can be frustrating; things that seem relatively easy to accomplish take longer than they should.
Free CalTrain pass, 403(B) plan
Minpunten
Health insurance is kind of expensive
This is not a review
CNS Engineering Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA16 oktober 2018
I am typing because some fool at Indeed though it would be a good idea to make this a requirement. Well, if you are doing to think that irrationally, here you do.
Secure
Animal Caretaker 4 (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA15 oktober 2018
I felt safe and secure working there, i was there fir ren years, they helped pur my sin through college. I wouldnt mind retiring from there someday.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Far
Inefficient management
Clinical Research Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA14 oktober 2018
Working at Stanford provides good work-life balance and descent benefits; the management team is dysfunctional which results in extra stress from time to time.
Out sourced management
Operations Manager III, Environmental Services (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA13 oktober 2018
Worked with a wonderful team of EVS staff, making sure that the facility had the highest cleaning standards possible. The direct co-managers where knowledgeable and professionalm
EVS Staff and Co-Managers
Minpunten
Lack of opportunities to grow or advance
Community Associate
Community Associate for family courtyard (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA9 oktober 2018
I only worked here briefly as a Community Associate while living there as a grad student family. I helped work with the families to create activities and events for the families.
Bedrijfscultuur
Staff are considered second class citizens
Student Services Officer (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA3 oktober 2018
I have worked in a couple positions at Stanford and it is pretty clear to me that management on campus do not value their employees. They regularly ignore the concerns and needs of the staff and continue to overly tend to the faculty and students. If you work with students, you will find that many are quite entitled and that they have been hand held their entire academic career at Stanford. Faculty are extremely difficult to work with as they believe that all staff are essentially their secretaries. The Stanford name means something on your resume but once you get here, it is not necessarily a good place to work. I am sure that many departments and centers have excellent support of their staff but what I have seen so far has been quite disappointing and it makes me want to leave the education field entirely.
Beautiful campus
Minpunten
Expensive parking, lack of opportunities for promotion, low pay for the area
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Look at rent in the area before accepting a job
Postdoctoral Researcher (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA29 september 2018
Great opportunity for exposure to different lines of research, collaborations, great ideas. The work was challenging but I grew from the experience. I would have liked to collaborate more to get publications.
Flexible and Fun work enviroment
Computer Resource Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA25 september 2018
Stanford was an awesome place to work at. I have grown and polished up so much in my career here. The work schedule is very flexible and resources from my team were always available using Slack. I recommend working here if you want to grow knowledge and have fun.
Variety of collaboration
Research nurse II (huidige medewerker) –  800 welch road22 september 2018
Checking in with patients initiates collaboration with study team (PIs and study coordinators), pharmacy, and clinical/research lab for smooth my nursing care. I normally have 4-5 patients on my 10 hours shifts with at least two infusions for my assignment. Managing my priority and providing best patient care to improve nursing quality, clinical outcomes, patient and study team satisfactory have rooted in my heart, and patients and study team recognition has been my best rewarding for my every busy work day.

Challengers occur every day when we are short of staff with busy schedule, but it turns out close bonding when accomplishment a busy complicated clinical day. Team work and teaching our new staff to grow is continuously demanding but rewarding.
Excellent tranning
Fellow (voormalige medewerker) –  Red Wood City and Stanford Hospital22 september 2018
One of the best place to get pain management training. I like the ''everything under one roof'' environment, including interventional pain management, PT, pain psychology, et al, a truly multidisciplinary pain management.
Stanford University
Postdoctoral Scholar, Dept. of Urology (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA 9430521 september 2018
It is a place learn and achieve. There are lots of smart people who have done well in the research arena. So if you are curious, want to do good work and learn a lot then there are lots of resources available at your disposal.
Professional and Structured workplace
Finance Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA21 september 2018
Overall experience was exactly what I expected. Professional, diverse environment, and room for growth. The consistency of the staff was also exceptionally attentive to our departments needs.
RA experience
Research Assistant, Department of Sociology (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA18 september 2018
• Investigated the mobility and inter-organizational relationships of the Chinese bureaucracy
• Applied statistical models and parsed large social network datasets to extrapolate patterns of career movement among different government offices using R
• Designed and implemented algorithms to calculate and visualize social network structures and dynamics
Cutthroat
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA13 september 2018
You don't mean jack unless you know somebody or have been there for 5+ years. Everyone treats you like you're easily replaceable. Unfortunately everything runs downhill.
Bedrijfscultuur
Well managed and fun place to collabort
Assistant Event Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA11 september 2018
I loved working at Stanford. Most days were very busy. I have learned so much in these three month. For example, how Stanford financial system works where money comes from, which organization gets the most funds. If one organization runs out of funds where can they get more. what does different PTA mean. It well managed business. I love the culture of Stanford it is very collaborative. The hardest part of my job was chasing students to get all the documents together to reconcile the end of month financial statements. Most enjoyable part was that working with people who been there for ten, fifteen and thirty years. If I didn't understand any thing they helped me out and explained how Stanford system works. I loved working at Stanford Law School. Would love to work with those amazing people again.
Stanford
Undergraduate Housing Building Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA10 september 2018
Great work life balance, beautiful campus, surrounded by positive and intelligent colleagues. Working with students allows for new and exciting challenges.
Long time ago
Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  United States7 september 2018
I had an internship experience at the university five years ago, and it is not a very vague memory to me. Friendly environment although with little management.
Bedrijfscultuur
Wants to be flexible/progressive and isn't
Human Resources (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford University6 september 2018
A lot of ideas are touted at Stanford (flexible schedules, ability to telecommute to name a few) but your access to these arrangements is entirely dependent on your manager. If you get a conservative manager, you won't get any of these benefits. Stanford should find a way to make sure that these types of things are offered to the entire workforce and that their management can't interpret the rules as they see fit.
Pluspunten
Backup care benefit, tuition reimbursement, yearly funds for training
Minpunten
Decentralized, if you get a bad manager, you will be a bit stuck.
Bedrijfscultuur
Telecommunications Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA30 augustus 2018
Love Stanford University. Great benefits and room for advancements . They always have fun events to attend , not sure about other departments but mine the management allowed us to attend during work hours
Claim deze bedrijfspagina

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Stanford University. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag