Stanford University Reviews

Alle 539 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Work
Physical Education Golf Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA6 december 2018
I love working at Stanford. Everyone is so professional and intelligent but also friendly, communicative, and realistic. I was shown respect right away and although my bosses are very particular and prepared I am also allowed some creative freedom. It's a great environment to be part of.
Many different work environments
Accountant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA2 december 2018
At Stanford as a staff member you might work in one job your entire tenure or you might transfer for promotion or new experiences. At each position you can find various work environments. Not all departments and offices operate the same. For instance you might work in an academic department that is in a particular science and the administration is flexible and friendly. Or you might find that faculty is difficult and does not want to adhere to all of the red tape. Perhaps you will work in an operations office that is not directly connected to academics. There you might find strict rules but fun activities. You might be in a physically tight space or in a wide open office. Stanford is a huge operation with much variety in the workspace.
Nice campus
Minpunten
Staff salaries a bit low
A great place to work
Housing Executive Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA29 november 2018
A lot of opportunities at Stanford and most the people are willing to collaborate and treat each other well. Pay is great and so are benefits if you are full time.
Slow paced job
Preventive Maintenance Mechanic (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA28 november 2018
I have had to fill in every employer to be able to get back to my resume, just because I uploaded a new one. don't do this unless you have to. my advice.
Researcher (huidige medewerker) –  Santa Clara County, CA14 november 2018
I'm a graduate student so it is up to me to get my job done. This means a lot of freedom but also a standard salary for someone in my position. Hours are whatever I choose.
Great Environment
Process Improvement Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA11 november 2018
Unfortunately, I worked on a project that was not very well defined. As a result, it made it difficult to succeed in a position that was fuzzy to groups external to mine.
Research Intern
Research Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA7 november 2018
May 2016 – May 2017
Researched consumer market for virtual and augmented reality
Analyzed commercial value of new technology

Worked with Stanford Professor who sparked my interest in Economics and a career in research.
Bedrijfscultuur
Student Services Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA4 november 2018
As one of the top ten universities and colleges in the country, Stanford offers a lovely campus to explore. Working in this environment makes it a top choice for places to works. The benefits are outstanding and the hours a reasonable.
Campus is beautiful
Finance Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA25 oktober 2018
Lower Pay, Great Benefits, Highly Political, Close-Minded Management, Intelligent Workforce, Understaffed, Workplace Flexibility, Free CalTrain use, Medium Satisfaction
great
Ticket Office Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA24 oktober 2018
Only a seasonal job that occurede during the fall. but everything was ran smoothly and lunch was always provided. Good pay and supervisor relation was also a plus.
Excellent staff
Surgical Technologist (huidige medewerker) –  Redwood City, CA17 oktober 2018
Great place to work. Helpful staff, good training. Able to transfer to another facility. Well organized staff and sterile processing department. Plenty of instrumentation.
Good and not-so-good
Administrative Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA16 oktober 2018
Overall Stanford is a decent place to work, depending on what you want in a job/career. As with most companies, the department where you work, and whom you work with, are key factors. My most recent position at Stanford was in a small office that was part of a bigger department. Other than meetings, I felt isolated. My manager was fine in terms of having an open-door policy and being easy to talk to, but I concluded that I wouldn't get a chance to learn anything beyond what I had been doing. There is definitely a lot of "office politics" in certain departments. The campus itself is stunning; I never got tired of seeing it. If you want to work with the latest technology, however, Stanford is probably not the place for you. The bureaucracy can be frustrating; things that seem relatively easy to accomplish take longer than they should.
Free CalTrain pass, 403(B) plan
Minpunten
Health insurance is kind of expensive
This is not a review
CNS Engineering Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA16 oktober 2018
I am typing because some fool at Indeed though it would be a good idea to make this a requirement. Well, if you are doing to think that irrationally, here you do.
Secure
Animal Caretaker 4 (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA15 oktober 2018
I felt safe and secure working there, i was there fir ren years, they helped pur my sin through college. I wouldnt mind retiring from there someday.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Far
Inefficient management
Clinical Research Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA14 oktober 2018
Working at Stanford provides good work-life balance and descent benefits; the management team is dysfunctional which results in extra stress from time to time.
Out sourced management
Operations Manager III, Environmental Services (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA13 oktober 2018
Worked with a wonderful team of EVS staff, making sure that the facility had the highest cleaning standards possible. The direct co-managers where knowledgeable and professionalm
EVS Staff and Co-Managers
Minpunten
Lack of opportunities to grow or advance
Community Associate
Community Associate for family courtyard (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA9 oktober 2018
I only worked here briefly as a Community Associate while living there as a grad student family. I helped work with the families to create activities and events for the families.
2,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Staff are considered second class citizens
Student Services Officer (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA3 oktober 2018
I have worked in a couple positions at Stanford and it is pretty clear to me that management on campus do not value their employees. They regularly ignore the concerns and needs of the staff and continue to overly tend to the faculty and students. If you work with students, you will find that many are quite entitled and that they have been hand held their entire academic career at Stanford. Faculty are extremely difficult to work with as they believe that all staff are essentially their secretaries. The Stanford name means something on your resume but once you get here, it is not necessarily a good place to work. I am sure that many departments and centers have excellent support of their staff but what I have seen so far has been quite disappointing and it makes me want to leave the education field entirely.
Beautiful campus
Minpunten
Expensive parking, lack of opportunities for promotion, low pay for the area
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Look at rent in the area before accepting a job
Postdoctoral Researcher (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA29 september 2018
Great opportunity for exposure to different lines of research, collaborations, great ideas. The work was challenging but I grew from the experience. I would have liked to collaborate more to get publications.
Flexible and Fun work enviroment
Computer Resource Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA25 september 2018
Stanford was an awesome place to work at. I have grown and polished up so much in my career here. The work schedule is very flexible and resources from my team were always available using Slack. I recommend working here if you want to grow knowledge and have fun.
Claim deze bedrijfspagina

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Stanford University. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag