Stanford University Reviews

Alle 386 reviews worden getoond
Great Experience
Executive (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA25 oktober 2017
Very stimulating and rewarding environment. Extremely fast paced, but there were great rewards that came with it. Stanford is an amazing place, you are surrounded by extremely smart and ambitious people that make you feel excited about being part of the workplace.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA24 oktober 2017
I enjoy my job and everyone I work with! I have learned a lot in the time I have been here. Everyone is friendly and has a good work life balance. However, the cost of living is very expensive.
People are nice
Great!
Co-President - InSITE Fellowship (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA22 oktober 2017
Would definitely recommend. Great culture, great people and great opportunities here in this area. The hardest part is definitely being around all these amazing people but it is great.
Great culture and environment
Associate Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA21 oktober 2017
Smart people, interesting work, and great work-life balance. The future is being developed here. Love the college atmosphere. Tons of opportunity to learn and have fun.
Pluspunten
access to resources: Library, athletic facilities, speakers, concerts, learning.
pay is lower than industry in the Bay Area
Bedrijfscultuur
Extremely productive workplace with some fun activites
Visiting Research Fellow (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA20 oktober 2017
The workplace culture is very competitive yet there are lots of opportunities for social interaction with colleagues. The environment is extremely inspiring and rewarding.
Productive and innovative workplace
Visiting Scholar (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA9 oktober 2017
It is a productive and innovation place to work. You will meet a lot of smart and energetic people to talk and discuss. Also, there are many events and activities happening almost every day.
Finance Analyst 2 (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA8 oktober 2017
- Employee first attitude
- Great place to learn different skills
- Many intelligent coworkers that usually have a good personality
- Great benefits, especially 401k and vacation
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Great Management, Hit-or-Miss Leadership
Academic Technology Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA3 oktober 2017
I had three of the best managers I've ever worked with at Stanford. Not the very best, but among the best.

In my unit, there was a culture of continuous improvement: let's do what we did before--but better.

When I was there, however, leadership consistently made the wrong bet (put money or effort into something that ultimately didn't work) or simply couldn't make a decision.
great colleagues, lovely campus
Minpunten
expensive area to live in, or a long commute
Bedrijfscultuur
Casual and temp employees don't feel the love
Biometric Health Screener (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA2 oktober 2017
Although I was required to have a bachelor's degree and some form of experience for the job, it was pretty loose. The role I had was to directly serve the over entitled benefitted employees and in doing so they earned a cash payment of $300+. My hours varied by the season and were paid an hourly rate of $20. After parking and taxes it's about $13/hr. It was stressed to all of us working in this program that the employee treatment was to be exceptional and comment cards bore the evidence. The program was not officially funded so the workers on the hourly side had no assurance of employment. However employees on another side were fully Stanford benefitted. I saw classic class politics at play and decided all in all it wasn't working for me.
Good for resume
Minpunten
Hourly workers not earning enough
UAV Piloting
UAV Pilot (PT) (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA30 september 2017
Piloting unmanned aircraft for Stanford students to achieve their thesis in GPS and UAV technology. Recommending solutions to everyday problems that requires radio control modeling experience.
Being apart of the success of 4 students which achieved their PHD's
None.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work and lean on new research techniques and technology. Highly competitive and fast pace environment.
Postdoctoral Fellow (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA27 september 2017
Great place to work and lean on new research techniques and technology. Highly competitive, fast pace environment and easy to collaborate with highly experienced scientists.
Bedrijfscultuur
this is a review summary
Kitchen Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford18 september 2017
the place to work was a place to work this is interesting particularly in light if the semantic contact at symantex. I like goretex and gorp and gorillas and gangrene killed a character in a hemmingway story i believe. Was it snows of kilimanjaro?
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent place for collaboration and experience
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA16 september 2017
I was a research associate helping a PhD student with her research. I worked with her and 5 or 6 other research associates. We performed literature reviews, designed experiments, wrote those experiments into Qualtrics, coded data, and processed the results.
Good job, horrid commute
Community Relations Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA15 september 2017
Working at Stanford was a prospect I relished, however once in the job I quickly learned the commute (1.5 - 2.0 hours each way on average) was too much for me to handle.

I highly recommend Stanford as an employer, however I also recommend thinking it over very closely if you do not live within 10 miles or so from the job site as both driving and taking transit can be a MAJOR undertaking.
Pluspunten
Work atmosphere, coworkers, benefits and pay.
Challenging commute.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Community Manager for ResEd
Community Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA14 september 2017
I was a community manager for the house I lived at, a position only available for students. It was a great job that had its own set of stresses, but those mostly came from self-inflicted pressure to do a good job for the community I was part of.
Bedrijfscultuur
Student Service Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA13 september 2017
Good company to work for, great benefits and atmosphere. Parking is tough but overall it is a great place to be. Campus is very nice and so are the people.
parking can be tough
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Productive and meaningful workplace
Title IX Hearing Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA13 september 2017
Stanford is dedicated to employees and students. I love the work I do here! Title IX is on the cusp at the moment. I like being part of creating the process and procedures for our students!
My manager
Job growth
Excellent place of employment
Help Desk Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA11 september 2017
My work at Stanford University spanned over a 30 year period. My advancements in 5 positions throughout those years only got better each time I moved on. The culture, diversity, and student life was exhilarating and educational. Stanford U. offers *many* opportunities for a rich and fulfilling career. I can not say enough great things about this place of employment.
Pluspunten
Benefits, opportunities, life-long career.
Parking.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Nice to work
Lead Developer (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA8 september 2017
Nice place to work
Get more chance to learn new technology again depends on Manager you worked with
Work Professional
Played with more data and got change to work with business users
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
R&DE IT is not the place work
Sr. User Systems Support Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA6 september 2017
Stanford as a whole is a great place, however there are certain groups to stay away from R&DE is one of them. Hands down this was the worst working experience in my career, very unprofessional group of people in IT and very cut throat. Everything you do is scrutinized. Avoid this group at all costs.
Pay, Benetifts, Time Off, Huge discount on Dining halls
Minpunten
Unprofessional cut throat staff in IT
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren