Stanford University Reviews

Alle 416 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
this is a review summary
Kitchen Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford18 september 2017
the place to work was a place to work this is interesting particularly in light if the semantic contact at symantex. I like goretex and gorp and gorillas and gangrene killed a character in a hemmingway story i believe. Was it snows of kilimanjaro?
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent place for collaboration and experience
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA16 september 2017
I was a research associate helping a PhD student with her research. I worked with her and 5 or 6 other research associates. We performed literature reviews, designed experiments, wrote those experiments into Qualtrics, coded data, and processed the results.
Good job, horrid commute
Community Relations Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA15 september 2017
Working at Stanford was a prospect I relished, however once in the job I quickly learned the commute (1.5 - 2.0 hours each way on average) was too much for me to handle.

I highly recommend Stanford as an employer, however I also recommend thinking it over very closely if you do not live within 10 miles or so from the job site as both driving and taking transit can be a MAJOR undertaking.
Pluspunten
Work atmosphere, coworkers, benefits and pay.
Challenging commute.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Community Manager for ResEd
Community Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA14 september 2017
I was a community manager for the house I lived at, a position only available for students. It was a great job that had its own set of stresses, but those mostly came from self-inflicted pressure to do a good job for the community I was part of.
Bedrijfscultuur
Student Service Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA13 september 2017
Good company to work for, great benefits and atmosphere. Parking is tough but overall it is a great place to be. Campus is very nice and so are the people.
parking can be tough
Productive and meaningful workplace
Title IX Hearing Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA13 september 2017
Stanford is dedicated to employees and students. I love the work I do here! Title IX is on the cusp at the moment. I like being part of creating the process and procedures for our students!
My manager
Job growth
Excellent Place to Work
Graduate Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA12 september 2017
I enjoyed working for professors who were excellent mentors both in terms of academic advising and in terms of preparation for a career. I learned so much!
Good job experience
No insurance
Excellent place of employment
Help Desk Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA11 september 2017
My work at Stanford University spanned over a 30 year period. My advancements in 5 positions throughout those years only got better each time I moved on. The culture, diversity, and student life was exhilarating and educational. Stanford U. offers *many* opportunities for a rich and fulfilling career. I can not say enough great things about this place of employment.
Pluspunten
Benefits, opportunities, life-long career.
Parking.
Nice to work
Lead Developer (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA8 september 2017
Nice place to work
Get more chance to learn new technology again depends on Manager you worked with
Work Professional
Played with more data and got change to work with business users
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
R&DE IT is not the place work
Sr. User Systems Support Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA6 september 2017
Stanford as a whole is a great place, however there are certain groups to stay away from R&DE is one of them. Hands down this was the worst working experience in my career, very unprofessional group of people in IT and very cut throat. Everything you do is scrutinized. Avoid this group at all costs.
Pay, Benetifts, Time Off, Huge discount on Dining halls
Minpunten
Unprofessional cut throat staff in IT
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Stanford
Financial Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA5 september 2017
Position too manual and administrative. Not very collaborative. My team is very siloed, and management does not know job duties. They expect more than what can be delivered
Great organization
Administrative
Great Place to work.
EXECUTIVE ADMINSTATIVE ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA4 september 2017
Great environment that promotes learning and advancement with great benefits. Stanford can be a complex environment and there is a lot to learn. Candidate should be willing to invest time on learning resources.
Great Benefits
Lots to learn
Bedrijfscultuur
Everyday we are making a positive difference in the world.
Workforce Attraction Talent Acquisition Lead (huidige medewerker) –  Menlo Park, CA2 september 2017
Working at SLAC a National Department of Energy Lab operated by Stanford, is a learning experience everyday. It is a beautiful safe place to work, environmentally responsible. However, the Human Resources Development and Services management is clueless as to how negative they impact the organization. The HR organizations culture is demeaning and abusive.
Pluspunten
Brilliant colleagues, excellent benefits and good salary
Minpunten
HR Management is clueless, no engagement with their own people.
Bedrijfscultuur
Management was open and fair on a personal level as well as business level.
Medical Records Clerk/Data Entry (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA1 september 2017
I believe a job is what you make of it. I worked very hard for the accomplishments made at this establishment and would be enthusiastic about returning.
Pluspunten
Pot lucks and weekend outings.
Minpunten
Short breaks and no benefits.
Educative
Research Assistant in Statistics Lab (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford25 augustus 2017
Being exposed to a lot of big data processing and machine learning modeling. Professors are very helpful and guided me a lot while I met bottlenecks. ..
Bedrijfscultuur
Amazing place to work, awful cost of living
Lecturer, Program in Writing and Rhetoric (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA23 augustus 2017
Stanford University is a fantastic place to work, but the cost of living in Silicon Valley has skyrocketed so much over the past 12 years that it's impossible to live here anymore on a lecturer salary if you reside here alone. So sad that I need to relocate.
Pluspunten
Endless opportunity for professional growth
Minpunten
Cost of living is prohibitive
Work Life Balance opportunity to grow infinite
LEVEL III IT LEAD SUPPORT PERSON (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA20 augustus 2017
Constant on the go with users!
Days went by like they didn't happen!
Learned management, better written skills, time management, personable relationships.
Culture was like everyone was family!
Learning to prioritize in the beginning!
The people, I loved them all!
Pluspunten
Time off, Work life balance, guidance from supervisor
Supportive Dean of Students
Office Assistant for Educators (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA19 augustus 2017
My experience as an Office Assistant at Stanford University was very positive. The professors and administration were supportive and mentored the staff in a friendly and professional way.
Professional, supportive envrionment
Bedrijfscultuur
Not what I expected at all!!
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA15 augustus 2017
I thought this was going to be a fairly traditional EA type position, but I was in for a big, rude surprise!
This is the most bureaucratic, procedure-driven, complicated admin job I've ever had. Every little thing takes 5 times as long to complete compared to any other job I've had. The bulk of the job involved tons of expenses to process in different departments, and it was very complicated. There was video training and some by another admin, but it just takes a long time to get the hang of it because of all of the regulations, funds, codes, processes, etc. It took too many steps to do simple things. The people were very nice but overworked, so not a lot of hands-on help. I've worked in many different types of industries, so I've got a lot of admin experience.
I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Very stressful for me, not at all suited to my abilities.
Pluspunten
Nice people and outside grounds, good cafeterias
THE DUTIES!!
Bedrijfscultuur
There is a sense of community at Stanford and i love that
Program Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA15 augustus 2017
Stanford represents a state if the art learning environment with many resources and both students and staff feel lucky to be part if such an innovative and ever evolving type of environment. The University is a research institution and a training camp at the same time. It's always busy and exciting on campus because there's is so much happening and at time because of all the various competing multiple priorities it can get hard to keep up. Stressful time could be proposal preparation and submission time as everyone is focused and under tight deadlines. Tension eases off after the submission of proposal and some of the fun activities on campus pus are the cultural festivals every year and the entertainment and the music for the rest of the day. There are lots of events and conferences that go on on campus and tons of visitors coming to admires the many landmarks and must see exhibits around campus, in all it's a fun environment to work.
Pluspunten
There is always lots of food around
Minpunten
You must exercise self control as food seems to be everywhere

Algehele waardering