Stanford University Reviews

Alle 384 reviews worden getoond
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA3 juni 2017
Stanford University School of Medicine is a nice place to work, however, pay increases are difficult to come by. Hard work, extra effort are difficulty for the institution to reward.
beautiful
tight with money
Bedrijfscultuur
Zone Engineer - Facility Engineer (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA2 juni 2017
No complains. Friendly, Silicon valley environment, fast paced, with excellent benefits program. My team was always supportive, they care for the mission of the Institution.
Bedrijfscultuur
Work in acedemia that is rewarding and challenging
Desktop Support Analyst Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA30 mei 2017
Open door policy
Tasks are learly defined
team meetings to discuss pressing issues
Work on customer (Stanford community) issue.
Working with latest desktop technologies
Intern
Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA25 mei 2017
During the two summers that I worked at Stanford University I spent my time putting data into an excel spreadsheet for documenting and studying coral samples and seeing how EL Nino patterns affected them. The grad students and professors there were great and I learned a lot about geology as well.
Experience
Great entry level job
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA23 mei 2017
Stanford was a great place to work. The only reason I left was that Stanford can not compete with the salary's biotech offers. As far a science, the benefit to working here is doing cutting edge work.
3D Lab Technologist (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA20 mei 2017
Felt right at home here. Only left to be closer to family on the East coast. Lots of perks. Able to take the train to work instead of driving in CA traffic!
Great Workplace!
Men's Basketball Intern (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA 9430513 mei 2017
Great workplace!

Easy to show up to work and perform to your highest potential. Friendly staff who are encouraging and helpful. Best athletic department in the country!
Great Place To Start Your Career
Associate Director of Major Gifts (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA10 mei 2017
I had a very good experience at Stanford, working there 13 years and starting in events management before moving into a role as a development officer (fundraising).
Pluspunten
beautiful campus, very strong benefits, 401K match, ability to monitor some classes, work-life balance
Minpunten
pay scale is lower relative to similar work in for-profit Silicon Valley
temporary workers
Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA8 mei 2017
Nice, relaxed atmosphere with good benefits.
A bit behind with technology
Very insular. Hiring is done from within
Excellent workplace setting and campus
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
A day in a life at Stanford Health Care
Clinical Application Analyst Sr (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA8 mei 2017
I enjoy working with my co-workers and especially my managers. I have the opportunity to work on innovating healthcare technologies. The physicians and support staff is passionate in their work and they strive to increase productivity and provide favorable results when treating the patients.
Bedrijfscultuur
My research work was enjoyable
Postdoctoral fellow (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA4 mei 2017
Nice place to work. Enjoyable part was my research work. Hardest part was that there was little opportunity and support to progress and start independent research carrier.
Great Company to Work For
Staff Accountant (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA1 mei 2017
Working independently for Stanford given all the support needed to get job done and progress nicely in my career. Highly recommend working for this University.
Terrible workplace
Director of Curriculum Design and Development (huidige medewerker) –  School26 april 2017
Professors are terrible managers, leaders of supervisors. Their ego is greater than the vision they may potentially have for whatever projects they are doing. Their main aim is to use your labor as a resource to increase their fame, NOT TO HELP YOU GROW. in fact, because they feel threatened by your youth, talents, creativity and curiosity, they must push you down, so they can remain on top. I DO NOT recommend anyone with a degree of self-worth and thirst for their future to work for a famous professor at Stanford research facilities.
401K is generous
Minpunten
EVERYTHING ELSE - The commute, the lack of parking space, the cost to park, the work environment, the red tape, the politics, their ego.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Flexible and Productive place
Systems Administrator Intern (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA25 april 2017
I learnt a lot while working at Stanford. My manager and my mentors were very helpful people. It is a very friendly environment. I always got most of the help I needed to finish any given task from my mentors or my team's documentation. I resolved a considerable number of tickets and that helped me learn how to monitor the systems my team owned.
Bagel Tuesdays, beautiful campus
Bedrijfscultuur
An exquisite experience in tech
IT Systems Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  na25 april 2017
In this environment you will be exposed to a range of amazing talents from various fields. From mechanical engineers to molecular biology to project management, you will be able to articulate your talent to some of the most important research body of America. Take the time to discover your environment and you will be rewarded with the latest technologies built in the Silicon Valley.
Amazing campus
not for profit
Bedrijfscultuur
Stanford is a marvelous environment to work; dormitories are energetic environments in which to live and interact with students
Educator/Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA24 april 2017
Resident fellow program provided housing benefit to professors and spouses at Stanford University in exchange for dormitory services
Resident fellows selected and supervised student resident assistants
Resident fellows planned programs for students and worked closely with resident assistants
Pluspunten
Resident fellow program provided housing to faculty and spouses in a very expensive community
Resident fellow program required 24 hour a day availability
Great Environment to work
Data Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA24 april 2017
Good work balance and great benefit. Depending on management the culture can be good or bad. Employees tend to stay at Stanford for a long time. Thanks
Pluspunten
Good work balance and great benefits
Minpunten
Pay is lower than industry
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Loved work temp at Stanford
Contractor (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA21 april 2017
I was a temporary Office Assistant at Stanford. Loved working there, Love the campus! my ratings we just ok only because of the Staffing Agency/Office Team who sent me out there. Their pay is low. But Stanford is great.
Pluspunten
Great campus, relaxed and happy employees
no cons, all good
Bedrijfscultuur
A typical post-doc experience, but with great support
Postdoctoral Fellow (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA19 april 2017
Post-docs will never be fun, but at least at Stanford you get all the support you could really dream of. There are a lot of great researchers here, and collaborations abound.
Exciting and learning experience
Lead Event Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA18 april 2017
With coworkers looking to further their career in sports management, most are fun, quick learning, and proactive about getting the next task done in a timely manner.
Pluspunten
lunches, connections, hours, fun environment

Algehele waardering