Reviews voor Research Assistant bij Stanford University

30 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 528 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
It's Stanford
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA14 mei 2018
Stanford is a wonderful place filled with amazing people. People at Stanford tend to be the brightest in their fields, and thankfully the community is mostly welcoming and engaging.
Summer job
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA23 maart 2018
Worked for a Stanford employee: not for Stanford University itself. Was compensated generously and given fair hours and breaks as needed. No complaints on my end.
Stanford University
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA28 december 2017
Offers a wide range of student-friendly or part time positions. Pay was higher than minimum wage in my experience. It is a lively community of undergraduate and graduate students.
Mileage may vary
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA19 december 2017
Great benefits and access to all resources. It obviously varies depending on your specific position. In general Stanford is one of the best academic institutions.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent place for collaboration and experience
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA16 september 2017
I was a research associate helping a PhD student with her research. I worked with her and 5 or 6 other research associates. We performed literature reviews, designed experiments, wrote those experiments into Qualtrics, coded data, and processed the results.
Educative
Research Assistant in Statistics Lab (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford25 augustus 2017
Being exposed to a lot of big data processing and machine learning modeling. Professors are very helpful and guided me a lot while I met bottlenecks. ..
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
workplace
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA14 augustus 2017
Elite place with very smart people. Work is fun if you enjoy applying the scientific process and thinking about things methodically. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
excellent research facilities
Life science research assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA13 juli 2017
Who doesn't want to work at Stanford University Medical school. Great benefit and reasonable salary. Especially every single person in there was professional.
Great experience
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA9 juni 2017
You get to interact, work, and collaborate with very brilliant people from all over the world. It is a business minded school so everyone is trying to figure out the next step...
Great entry level job
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA23 mei 2017
Stanford was a great place to work. The only reason I left was that Stanford can not compete with the salary's biotech offers. As far a science, the benefit to working here is doing cutting edge work.
Challenging but formative
Life Science Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA4 april 2017
Research at Stanford is limited only by hours in the day. There is abundant expertise and resources to facilitate smooth training and data production.
Productive Environment
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA2 juni 2016
Flexible work schedule and positive environment. You have access to a lot of resources. Very productive and supportive atmosphere. I enjoyed my time here.
Good experience
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA20 april 2016
- challenging yet rewarding
- great way to get research experience
- high standard encouraged high work ethic and produced good work that gave me invaluable skills
Pluspunten
good on resume
Minpunten
big time commitment
Bedrijfscultuur
Job Stability and great co workers
Life Science Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA13 april 2016
Very high paced and stressful workplace due to the nature of the job. But the team effort of great coworkers made it doable and less stressful.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Very cramped working conditions
Bedrijfscultuur
great work atmosphere with perfct balance of job and life
research assistant (huidige medewerker) –  palo alto, CA5 januari 2015
A typical day at work starts with setting up an experiment,
and about 20% managing the lab.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Great experience
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA23 juli 2014
As a research assistant, I really enjoyed working with a research lab at Stanford. I got to contribute to their ongoing projects and present a poster at a conference.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Get to travel for work, I love to travel long distance.
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Stanford, CA24 juni 2014
I mostly work with the communities. I always have the support I need.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good work and research environment
Life Science Research Assistant-Contractor (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA15 maart 2014
It was a good working environment. People were nice and friendly.
Bedrijfscultuur
Highly motivated and committed to exploring innovative research topics
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanford, California4 februari 2014
A typical day as a research assistant at Stanford University heavily depends on the stage of a given research project. Performing literature reviews are crucial before designing any research project as reading relevant and recently published articles keep you informed recent developments in your field of research. Working as a research assistant includes collaboration of study design and format. We hold weekly lab meetings where Ph.D. students and faculty present their research at various stages, as peers providing constructive suggestions for improvement. Study materials, such as surveys, are constructed using Qualtrics, and are easily distributed via email. Other studies require strong interpersonal skills as we must approach participants in real world settings (i.e. train stations) and asking for their participation in a confidential study. I am also responsible for running studies on campus, often in a computer lab, where I brief students on the study they are participating in, and guide them through the necessary steps for participation completion Data entry can consume entire days, ensuring the data is entered correctly, proofing reliability to ensure data confidence, and cleaning and transferring data to Excel and SPSS requires immense attention to detail. Along with collecting and entering data comes analyses via SPSS software where we observe statistical trends our data, providing tangible results to prove or disprove hypothesis. Overall as a research assistant at Stanford I must be well read on all topics that broach our area of study, dedicate many hours to insurance  meer... of data and study materials and always be prepared and receptive for last minute tasks and changes in ongoing research studies.  minder
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Don't hold your breath
Life Science Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA25 november 2013
Don't expect to be treated well, it won't happen. You will work too long and too hard and not be paid nearly what you're worth.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 4Rapporteren
Claim deze bedrijfspagina

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Stanford University. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag