Stanley Black & Decker
Information from Stanley Black & Decker:

Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

Showing all 1.795 reviews
4,0
They have the excellent schedule for break and lunch, Good environment for the workers. Employee anew friendly and helping nature.every thing is good.
4,0
SBD is a really good company to work for. I felt like there was a lot of opportunities to grow. However, the position I was in (Call Center) was just not for me. The breaks were extremely short and they constantly monitored you. Also, SBD covers so many different brands which have so many products and pieces that helping with these things was very stressful. However, that is just my personal experience. I do not work well under these conditions. They had plenty of resources for you to consult though it was hard to find what you needed sometimes. You get paid weekly and there are opportunities for over time which I really liked. The people there were friendly too and supportive.
Pros
Weekly pay, opportunities for growth, team work
Cons
Short breaks, high call volume, complicated problems
5,0
I am a retired Police Officer and coming to work at Stanley Black and Decker has been a wonderful experience so far. Great bosses and a very professional team.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Would like more hours
3,0
Day in and day out you would always see new people and working different departments so it was helpful to learn new things and deal with a lot of different cultures.
5,0
Belle expérience, malheureusement trop courte.
Personnel et encadrement très pro.
4,0
Stanley would pay above what would be expected within a skilled workforce. They have an American drive that puts the company first and you must believe in the aim and heavy targets as achievable or the roles/job may not be for you.
Pros
Salary, benefits, commission structure (if applicable)
Cons
Heavily targeted. stressful environments
2,0
SBD is a company that is notorious for significant lay-offs, job security is minimal, however it is a company that is going through significant transformation and can provide you with opportunities to learn and partake in exciting projects.
1,0
Very low pay, mandatory Saturdays Overtime for months, no sick days, only 5 days vacation days after 6 months of work and those days are mandatory to use went you are sick o snow day, so an reality, there are not vacation time, manager Don't help you because they don't know the job only repeat what other manager said or employees, very disappointed.. at the time of interview I was very surprised about the company but went I started working. The sad but, true came on....!!
4,0
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people and the direct management were easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was getting answers from the Salesforce.

While there I learned a new system which is invaluable for the future.
Pros
Friendly people and free tea, coffee and fruit.
3,0
I enjoyed the cleanliness of the warehouse but the management team was not professional at all.
4,0
Truly enjoyed working with the team that was there, had the opportunity to make many friends and demonstrate great stride and devotion to the distributions center.
Pros
Lots of Employee Incentives
Cons
Management was not reliable
1,0
Absolutely horrible don't do it unless your on machine or forklift then it's laid back somewhat if u are a stock boy they train you with two people who work together as a team then for whatever reason I think greed they try and make you work the whole life all by yourself and talk to you like a dog while they walk through daisys and smile and prance around while you run around like a fool.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
1,0
This company is terrible! I cannot believe top management will lie, cheat, steal, and place workers in harm as part of their everyday work culture. This company is headed for disaster. Dump their stock if it's in your portfolio while you're ahead.
Cons
Almost everything
4,0
Trying to be innovative, it’s a struggle
Struggle between departments, hard to know who makes decisions but’s upper management for sure.

Not into risks. Not a lot of patience for trying new products

Pros
Resources
Cons
Decision making
3,0
The way they handled COVID speaks volumes. They have no regard for their employees only the production numbers. If you do well they’ll want you to do better, basically stand for 8-12 hours. And only work, it’s summer time so it’s constantly 85-100°with a mask it’s hard to breathe, they don’t offer any extra breaks. Must see supervisor for new mask.
1,0
I must say that most of the supervisors are highly unqualified. For example one if the supervisors was responsible for certification of forklift operation. They would only test the individual on how they drove but not on how they operated the machinery. Then when thing were stacked and racked the wrong way they would unprofessionally display an obtuse attitude. I was fired when I was injured on the job. This should tell you how these people operate. Evil scum bag management.
Pros
Cons
Many
2,0
In the time I've worked for SBD they've had constant merit freezes, even before Covid-19. They will say that their people are their top resource but they are clearly growth driven. They made cuts to hours, furloughed whole teams due to covid-19. Not because they were in the red, but because growth had slowed (they were still making a profit, in fact the entire time I've worked with them they have had record profits). They set up a fund to help out employees hit hard financially and encouraged fellow employees to donate to the fund, which on the surface seems nice but they are the ones that put their employees in that position. With all the cuts, they still paid out a massive dividend, which if applied to the employees would have negated the need for some of the cuts.

Morale has been going down since I was hired. Turn over is increasing, especially since a large portion of those laid off have found jobs elsewhere.

The tools are designed based off of legacy programs and the amount of actual engineering in many of the tools is laughable.
Pros
Get to use and test tools
Cons
poor morale, profit/growth focus, Large company but acts like a small company in a bad way
5,0
Strong product and service line portfolio
Constantly seeking improvement across the board

Global and long term outlook

Solid management structures and processes
Pros
Strong processes; Development orientated; loyalty thru many long time employees
Cons
constant reinvention outlook creates an undercurrent of change
1,0
u are basically just a number.I have been there for 3 years & they have a high turn over rate & alot of racism and harassment. not a good job 4 black
Pros
you will get 40 plus hrs
Cons
no family time
5,0
I enjoyed working there and the diverse work force.
Due to investor pressures, company had a tendency to reorganize every 6-9 months, jeopardizing job security.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Too many reorganizations
5,0
Always busy and fun place to work for and always things to do around the warehouse and cleaning up the work place whenever there was free time and prep for the next color change of the cabinets
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Working 6 days stright 10 hours for 7 months
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.
3,6