Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Showing all 46.186 reviews
its a fun job to have but it doesn't pay well. I really injoy the people but the management was not up to standards and make it hard to work with them .
The atmosphere was challenging but great overall. The only thing wrong was the manager they hired for the new store. She had never worked at Starbucks before and didn't ever work on the floor--even though she was supposed to. She was rude and arrogant to staff. Other than her, it was a great job.
I was trained to assume the best in people at this job and I often saw the worst in them. There was no teamwork just a system designed to weed out anyone who didn’t want to play the game. I don’t enjoy gossip, lying or treachery so no I won’t play.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Lying and backstabbing
Starbucks is a very inclusive environment. its a good part time job for benefits, you gain stock in the company. You also receive free drinks and one free food item a day. You also get a weekly mark-out, this would be a one pound coffee of your choice.
I enjoyed my job at starbucks. They really worked with my schedule since I was in school, and they kept my shifts pretty consistent. Great job for a college student.
Can get stressful during morning and lunch rushes. The afternoon shift was the best because it was a little slower and I mostly stocked and cleaned the store. I had regular customers most of them were friendly until you didn’t have their coffee ready on time or forget a special request.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Morning rush
I truly enjoyed my here. Free drinks and amazing customers. I enjoyed the holidays, benefits , training on drinks and pastries. It can get very busy but fun. I had the best coworkers and managers
It was a good atmosphere, friendly people and a good time! We would work together to make sure customers were satisfied and had a good company culture.
Pros
Coffee!
Cons
Not much
In all honesty I believe that if you are an adult this isn’t worth it at all. The pay isn’t great the hours are extremely long and tiring and the customers have no respect. You’re mostly be seeing $9 to $10 as a barista if you’re lucky.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
tiresome, stressful, management
Working at starbucks is a good job for people who have just joined the work force . The job can get kind of stressful when everyone is rushing to get their coffee but its not unbearable .
it was fast paced and stressful but you’re well supported and the management is so understanding and welcoming. good place if you like moving around a lot and staying on your feet
Pros
benefits, pay.
Cons
tiring, customers
Great place to meet new people but did not really push me towards my career goals. Supervisors are a hit or miss. I had a manger who really helped me when I got lost and one that had no knowledge on the drinks we were making.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks sometimes
My Starbucks experience being good has relied entirely upon those I work with. My manager is amazing, and I am close with most of my coworkers; however, if you do not have those things the job becomes very demoralizing, very fast. The customers are generally awful but it does depend on where you live. Tips are nice, but just because you work at one of the busiest stores in the district doesn’t mean they’ll be more than 10 extra bucks a week. Learning to make drinks is fun, but if you work in a drive through store you have to worry about speed, not quality. You probably won’t be on bar for the first 5 or so months of working there as productivity comes first, so you’d better hope you’re a quick learner. If you can prove yourself on bar quickly you’ll be placed there more often. Overall, it could be worse. But it certainly isn’t good.
Pros
Free food, drinks, weekly tips
Cons
Stressful, exhausting
The managers where I worked at were entirely disorganized and did not care about employee well-being and would frequently berate you in front of customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
negative workplace
In store the staff were all fantastic, however the higher management at Queensway Coffee Houses were dreadful. I worked there as a young woman, and I was constantly ignored and belittled by off-site management to the point of constructive dismissal. Hopefully since then the management has improved, but tread carefully.
Pros
Great team in store and lovely customers
Cons
Long hours, unpleasant off site higher management
Working here has helped me both work and go to school. They've been really flexible with scheduling. The pay isn't the best, but the benefits are very helpful.
They are a million dollar corporation and yet they still don’t pay their shift supervisors a fair wage in my opinion. We do more than most assistant managers and all for just one dollar more than a normal barista
No longer flexible hours forced into day or night shift. Not able to work less or more than exactly 26 hours but have to available 6 days a week. My manager sucked.
Worked alongside a great time, providing excellent customer service while also tending to customer orders throughout the day, and being a reliable and friendly face for the storefront
Customers can be the worst part of this job, just like any food service or retail. Bad management can lead to misdirection and sometimes moderate chaos on busier days, especially at a drive-thru location. If you aren't skilled in communicating well with strangers, multitasking various tasks at once while under pressure, and being on your feet for eight hour shifts, I wouldn't fully recommend Starbucks. You might get lucky at a less busy café-only location, but that usually means less tips for your pockets.
Pros
Free drinks, discounted food items, solid benefits options
Cons
Rude customers, low pay, poor management, understaffing
Learning the drinks is quite difficult, but after 3 months, you’ll be a pro. There is very little “training” - after a day or two, they “throw you to the wolves” and you get to make drinks and learn firsthand. Starbucks coworkers are the kindest I’ve ever worked with, and there is a real sense of teamwork. Be prepared to move quick and work hard - and be covered in all kinds of sticky syrups and milks at the end of the day.
Pros
Free food and drink items, wonderful coworkers, benefits
Cons
Brief training, very fast paced