SWIFT

SWIFT Employee Reviews

4,0
Environnement de travail agréable et professionnel
3,0
As a company driver, you're for the most part, never in control of your own destiny. Their Qualcomm system is very faulty and takes too long to send messages in to your driver manager. If I owned my own truck, I probably would have stayed.
Pros
Recession proof. Safest trucks on the market. Terminals everywhere.
Cons
Limited priority. Frequent down times. Target for sabotage from truckers of other companies.
3,0
SWIFT is a great place to work straight out of college, but if you want comparable pay, you’ll have to branch out somewhere else. The healthcare benefits and 401K match are amazing, but unfortunately you can’t survive off of those things.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Remote at least 2 days per week (Pre-COVID), Benefits
Cons
The pay is not comparable at all
1,0
Every since fuel went above 3 dollars a gal. Trucking is nothing but living in truck stops broke waiting for your next load. If your lucky you’ll get to see your actual home 2 days a month. The more govern the truck is the harder you have to not sit in truck stops. Dispatch is not your friend. If your truck breaks down there goes that weeks pay. If your truck breaks down more that once start fasting. Etc.
Pros
Mechanic don’t usually make you wait more than one day.
Cons
Live broke
1,0
don't work here.They pay awful, they lie about bonuses and time off, and they treat you like trash. there are far better trucking jobs. also don't drive for an owner op if your a student.
1,0
Poor management from above very misunderstanding and unfair would highly recommend avoiding this company. The staff are over worked and pushed to do more which is unfair how they are treat.
4,0
Great place to work... Good work life balance... Good growth opportunities... Self development oriented work culture... Best talents... Customer Oriented...
1,0
You have no future in this company unless you belong to a particular ethnic group. Over the last 5 yrs they have systematically excluded all others..
1,0
As the summary says, it's a good way to get into trucking. Their training professors are relaxed and patient. I'm actually still friends with one of them xD they won't kick you out if you're not getting it right away and you have plenty of time to get it all down, but the backing portion of the school doesn't teach you anything worthwhile. You get in for free then pay back the training over the next year (about 3400). Dispatch was decent enough, though I'd you need to call and get ahold of them, expect about thirty minutes to an hour wait time, and there is absolutely no communication three. Pay is trash at .36 centre a mile. Miles are...okay. My biggest issue was the consistently being put between them and the customer concerning protocol and the lowballing. I'd typically get a couple hundred less than I was expecting
3,0
Astonished that mechanics dont test drive trucks before there hitched to trailers and drivers sent on there way. This is dangerous . people should be allowed to display there talent in a safety-first way. Not putting drivers in unsafe situations over equipment should be priority. Especially just starting out. Made to feel guilty when wanting to go home 4 months out , unesseserslly!
5,0
I would go back if position was available. I enjoyed driving to different parts of country. I drove a Mercedes Sprinter and was very happy. John Jarvis
4,0
As of right now i have been working for Swift for 11 months I am an OTR Driver. Regularly i will be out for 4 weeks and home for 4 sometimes 5 days sometimes i will stay out a little longer depending on how freight is. i think swift is a great starter company and believe it or not their is a lot of people who stay working here and dont just treat it as a starter company the work through the driver ranks becoming a diamond driver or go O/O and keep working with swift, their are several people that i have talked where swift was there only job and the started and retired there. Swift has a bad rep because a lot of there drivers are beginners there, and are not currently the best at driving. thats not all swifts fault that the drivers are bad i was never in swifts training program but im sure swift trains their new drivers to the best of there abilities they don't want to damage their own or some else's property. When it comes to management My driver manager was great right of the bat he was and awesome dude, any issues he is extremely understanding. anywhere in the country that i mentioned i would like to visit he would try his best to send me that way i hear a lot of not that great stories about driver managers maybe i got lucky. if i had to think of one bad thing about my experience it would have to be the pay. maybe this is cause i think i am worth more than i actually am? i don't know maybe its just cause im a beginner still so maybe my beginning wages are just that beginning wages. I know as you move up in the driver ranks the pay gets better and maybe its good - more...
4,0
I recommend you're company to work. Good area manager, payment in time never misses this is very important... the problem is that it's a few hours of work
1,0
Very lovley people to work with in the office apart from a couple. (The boss is a tosser) but his brothers are lovely too. It's a family run business.
Pros
Cons
Cons is what they are!!
4,0
Working in the Job allowed me to work and collaborate with those around me and help finish the task at hand. everyone was very friendly. hardest parts of a job was when deadlines were kept in very short amount of times with a lot of tasks ahead. most enjoyable part was working as a unit.
5,0
Productive/ Can build your career . Very supportive upper management , they will assist you and make sure you are on the right track. I would strongly recommend this place.
3,0
It is solid work. You will get your hours. And there is room for promotion. The people are nice. Be prepared for the long days or nights. It's been almost 30 years since I worked there but at the time it played my bills.
3,0
A empresa é boa, porém, o excesso de função acaba sobrecarregando os funcionários, o que dificulta conciliar a vida profissional, com os estudos e vida pessoal.
4,0
Started moving to latest technology and agile methodologies. Diverse culture. Friendly employees. Started moving to latest technology. Daily Meeting, Task assignment for day and achiement from previous day.
5,0
You can't go wrong with this company. They have great benefits and a very relaxed, diverse culture. They care for employee happiness and growth. There is a culture of constant learning and growing.
5,0
Todas as tarefas era fácil, eu fazia tudo, e ensinava para os outros colaboradores, isso ajuda quando temos uma equipe alinhada nas tarefas, e não sobrecarrega os demais.