Tesla Motors Reviews

Alle 686 reviews worden getoond
Human robots
Production Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA16 december 2017
On sub assembly- they would rather have you behave like a robot- don’t be sick, don’t talk, do everything the exact same way everyday, don’t look for other positions.
Apprentice Electrician (voormalige medewerker) –  Agawam, MA15 december 2017
Enjoyed my time working for Tesla. Great people to work with, fun work. Lots of overtime, free uniforms, and great benefits. Installing the home battery back ups was my favorite part.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, productive and innovative place to work with lots of room for growth.
Quality Technician Level 3, Team Lead (huidige medewerker) –  Sparks, NV15 december 2017
Tesla is an cutting edge, ever advancing company with infinite room for growth and self improvement. Teams are highly skilled, work well together and strive to make a difference for the customer and economy. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a new start in one of the most innovative companies around.
Pluspunten
Great pay, alot of time off, great benefits
Minpunten
Long work days, fast paced, highly demanding
Tesla
RN Case Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA15 december 2017
Working in the health care system of a company which had 3 shifts with lots of working injuries was challenging with paper works and fast pass jobs in Tesla.
Tesla Experience
Delivery Orientation Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO14 december 2017
I worked as a Delivery Orientation Specialist at Tesla prior to departing for Marine Corps training. My job there was to facilitate a smooth delivery and orientation process for new Tesla owners. I instructed them on the vehicles various operating systems, ensured all financial obligations were met, and answered questions to put to bed any concerns the customer might have. It was a rewarding and fun job where I got to work with some of the most cutting edge automotive transportation on the planet. Calling Tesla progressive does not do the companies mission and accomplishments justice. It was a phenomenal company to work for. The hardest part of the job was exceeding the demands of very high profile customers. Knowing that I had made a difference for the planet and improved the quality of life for a happy new customer made the job very enjoyable.
Pluspunten
experience at a progressive company, logistical experience, drove teslas, customer service experience
insufficient compensation
Bedrijfscultuur
it was good learning experience
Internship (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA14 december 2017
it was nice learning experience.
work is fast paced and gets really busy at times.
work timings are variable.
u really need to put your head at work..
Bedrijfscultuur
Number based customer experience position
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH13 december 2017
I enjoyed my time with Tesla however there are a lot of things the company needs to work on regarding its employees. I think they need to focus on taking time to appreciate their employees and making sure everyone gets a fair chance to advance. I felt like I had no room to grow within the company since they focus on hiring externally.
Pluspunten
Can take home cars and drive them daily
Minpunten
Management is not very good
Poor management, Terrible Work/Life Balance, Not Enough Money For The Work
Installer II (huidige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA13 december 2017
Most warehouses elsewhere in the country aren't this bad, but the Pittsburgh warehouse is one of the worst to work at in the country.

The job itself isn't too bad, though it widely depends on which warehouse you're at & which crew you're put with. Generally, the trade itself is pretty hard work - Long hours(upwards 14 hrs some days) in all levels of harsh weather conditions year-round, but the money is decent when there's actually work. & if you get grouped up with some experienced, good humoured guys it can actually be kind of fun at times. Unfortunately, in Pittsburgh - those guys are few & far between. When work is scarce like it can be in Pittsburgh, you end up getting sent out to do maintenance, roofing, put on a different crew or sent home. When that happens you don't make panel bonus, therefor you're stuck making hourly, often times not getting enough hours to even scrape by. Management heavily pushes speed & production all while trying to enforce unrealistic safety standards to cover their own butt. There is a lot of conflict of interest within the warehouse, with managers only fairly advancing those whom they're friends with. Special treatment for few, but most get stiffed.

Solar City/Tesla Solar itself is a bit contradicting in how they portray themselves compared to their practices behind the scenes. They pride themselves on being a green company but they are EXTREMELY wasteful. They do not put forth any effort whatsoever in recycling their waste unless its profitable or forced by local laws.
New place every day
Minpunten
immature management, unstable money, bad work schedule
Bedrijfscultuur
The coolest place you ever work for
Battery tester (voormalige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA12 december 2017
Hey awesome fun and clean environment just showing up to work felt good positive attitudes everywhere Everyone is always willing to help you a very humble place to work
Free lunch
Service Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Van Nuys, CA11 december 2017
I loved working here it was fast paced, lots of information and new information continuously so it never got boring on the job. and the co workers were very nice and helpful.
Stepping Stone
EOL Technician for Model (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA11 december 2017
Tesla is really exciting to start working for but once you star the grind it can get repetive and you can start to feel under utilized especially in my position. I took this technician job in hopes of being able to move up the ranks to engineer (I have my degree in mechanical engineering) but it looks to me as if that might be as simple as I thought. The probationary period is one year in order to even be considered for moving positions within the company. EOL Tech hours are long and can get monotonous with spots of utilization when working with engineers. Its just not where I want to be right now.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great Ideas, but needs better execution.
Credit & Collections Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Draper, UT10 december 2017
Working for Tesla was a great experience. Great ideas for the future world. Work wise, a bit delayed or slow in progression. Departments lacked communication between each other, to best help the customer, but each department did do their best in their abilities. Maybe a training in better communication might help, or would at least put every department on the same level.
Pluspunten
Great colleagues, set schedules.
Minpunten
Lack of communication, higher turn over than expected, roles not set in stone.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, but can be very fun.
MATERIAL HANDLER (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA8 december 2017
This was a great change from my previous job working in customer service for 5+ years. I have a very high work ethic and thought this would get me somewhere. I have now been there for nearly a year and a half and still have my same job title with next to zero career advancement. I have been very outspoken about my goals and have interviewed and applied for other positions. I have a stellar attendance record and a great attitude. This has been my experience. The company itself seems to have a leg up on most, but I feel burnt out and underappreciated.
Pluspunten
Health benefits, stock awards, competitive pay
Parking, occasional weekend work, Us vs. Them mentality
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It's was a cool experience
Production Associate, Assembly (voormalige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA 945388 december 2017
I like the environment it is one of the biggest factories on the cost it was a comparative atmosphere but if u can get a spot for cheap it is a good job to have...
Pluspunten
Free food and wages and competitive atmosphere
Minpunten
No parking managers not always these best and easy to mess up big consequences
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I want to return for work
Production Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA6 december 2017
Teala was a good place to learn alot and build a bright future for your family and build a solid foundation to become bigger then youve eber dreamed.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
fun place to work.
Production Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Freedom, CA4 december 2017
great place to train your skill. group work and a lots of fun people that work with. fast pace because you literally have time to talk to your co worker or friends.
free lunches
healthcare
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Production Associate
Production Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA3 december 2017
Tesla is a good company to work for with but the attendance policy makes the company have tremendous turnover. The pay is above average and the benefits are top of the line. It is a company I would recommend.
Pluspunten
Benefits, free beverages and cold cereal
Minpunten
forced to use PTO for any absences
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Overral an exciting company
Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV2 december 2017
I enjoy working for the company. There has been obvious high and low points.Hopefully there are brighter days coming for the company and the coworkers that remain there. The main concern most individuals have is that they are not in charge of their own work. The micromanaging along with rigorous quota makes for a highly stressful work environment.
Doing something i loved
Stressful. No job security
Bedrijfscultuur
Worked at Tesla for many years, but department relocated.
Service Technician/Mechanical Electro Assembler (voormalige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA1 december 2017
I worked at Tesla from the beginning when the factory was in San Carlos, CA, Palo Alto, and Fremont. The company has gone through so many management changes and it is just getting worse and worse as they change. The department that I was in was actually good until they had decided to relocate.
Pluspunten
Decent pay and full medical benefits.
Minpunten
Hard to find parking, poor management, and poor communication from upper management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table.
Recreation Leader (voormalige medewerker) –  Richmond, CA1 december 2017
Day starts off with meeting up in the break room over a cup of coffee planning out the day with a crew of friendly and knowledgeable installers. Always leave on time.
Fun crew.