Tesla Reviews

Alle 1.432 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Love my colleagues
Planner (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA23 oktober 2018
Very fast-pace working environment but extremely rewarding as you are working for a company that changing the world. Unlimited drinks and cereals. Lunch are reasonably priced.
1,0
What a ruse
Owner Advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA22 oktober 2018
The recruiter pursues veteran sales people and promise 6 figures and career advancement. the goals are unrealistic and the environment cutthroat and sexist. Ignorant and rude managers are hired to crack the whip daily. Sloppy leftovers of a silicon valley good ol boys club.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and very face paced.
Material Handler- Production Control (voormalige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA22 oktober 2018
I enjoyed working with Tesla, it was a very fast paced, clean, and busy facility. The managers and most employees were responsible and productive as well.
Bedrijfscultuur
it is goood place to work
Assembly Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA20 oktober 2018
I have worked their for a year and a half and leaned a lot and the company has thouht me a lot of things such as how to be mind set and responsibilities.
New Challenges Every Day
Warehouse Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Stockton, CA19 oktober 2018
Great place to work. High Energetic Work Place, Full Of Opportunity and New Challenges. I am very grateful for the opportunity and all the experience. Highly Recommended.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people, great mission, Not the best organization
Regional Channel Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA19 oktober 2018
Had a great time working for Tesla and i respect the product. The people are great, leadership leaves something to be desired, promotions for management do not scrutinize leadership traits, but go off of performance in a particular role. Pay is good, hours are intense, very demanding, but overall fast paced and great energy.
Good in theory
Equipment Maintenance Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Sparks, NV19 oktober 2018
This is a factory, just like any other. The culture that is promoted by the company is not reflective in the workplace. The management structure, while flattened to resemble an IT business platform has reformed itself into a mass production - top down management structure. Unfortunately, the mentality of their previous employers had carried over to a "do-as-I-say or else" relationship with hourly employees. It is not uncommon to have your employment threatened at least once a month or more in a group setting. The ambiguity surrounding the guidelines for advancement is unmatched. All available information pertaining to it is obsolete, the rules and metrics are unstated, and keeping your pay private because it "causes people to quit" is openly promoted.
Protective footwear is mandatory, and you are give a voucher that partial covers the cost. Tools are sparse and stolen regularly. There is not a training program or training in place for skilled trades. There is not tuition reimbursement, but they do offer student loan restructuring. They have 401k but it does not match.
If you have the aspirations of coming on in a lower position and then advancing into another, i.e. Technician to Engineer, it is highly unlikely and very inadvisable. Moving out of an area or out of a slot is difficult. Many people here have tried and are very locked into a position they can not move through. If you plan to join the team, you have the upper hand with the recruiting. You have matched their stringent qualitative requirements in their process. Deeply consider what they have seen. If you undersell
  meer... yourself, it will take you a long time to recover to where you actually are.
While there are large pockets of highly toxic leaders, not all areas are affected. There are some incredible individuals with teams that can make employment here wildly rewarding. However, those areas have very little movement, for obvious reasons. The company does have great health benefits at a very low cost. But the pay is low. About six dollars an hour below the local area for matching work. There is a tremendous amount that can be learned here, and is usable anywhere else, if you mind the 24 month relocation assistance pro-rata repayment. Shift work is 12 hours a day, night shift has a premium. The commute is aggressive and dangerous. Serious accidents are a regular occurrence. Long shift work, funneled access to the factory, from a two lane highway are not filled with mindful drivers in reliable and safe transportation. However, they do offer shuttle services, but still on the same roads.
  minder
Pluspunten
Cafe is nice, great benefits, lots of sugar available, really cool equipment
Minpunten
Ambiguity in metrics and pay, lots of sugar available, mass production mentality
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
long days short weeks
Production Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Sparks, NV18 oktober 2018
Twelve hour days three to four days a week.
Free soda cereal gold fish and pretzels.
Benefits include great health insurance 401k free legal advice
Up pace work speed
Tesla
Warehouse Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Livermore, CA17 oktober 2018
Very Stressful
Did not learn anything
Management was friendly
Enjoyable part is working with the employees
No work culture
Management was nice and friendly
unsafe conditions
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (voormalige medewerker) –  Lathrop, CA17 oktober 2018
I was recruited through Linkedin and was told this would be a day shift position, after I was excepted I was called 2 days before orientation and was told that the shift I was told i was going to be on was changed and I would be working the night shift. After I resigned my last position of night shift.
Pluspunten
cereal in the break room along with free ice cream. Exercize room and clean locker area
working conditions
what you learned
DMV Title Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA17 oktober 2018
I have learned to efficiently do DMV Paperwork and get thm out on a timely matter. I have a set amount of paper that need to be sent out per hour and found this to be somewhat of a challenge at first. But with the proper trainng Im able to do much more than expected
Pay is great
Travel time horrible
3,0
Sudden changes frequently
Business Processing (voormalige medewerker) –  Draper, Ut17 oktober 2018
Processes and job locations often changed without notice. Not much communication between management and working employees lead to confusion and uncertainty.
Early shifts availabe
Less vacation time
Bedrijfscultuur
Good work if you have no where else to go.
General Laborer (voormalige medewerker) –  Reno, NV16 oktober 2018
2 hours of commuting plus 12 hour shifts can take a toll on those who aren't prepared for it. Work/Life balance is terrible, but if you live close and need the money its ok.

Don't expect to last long, the turnover rate is around 1-2 months on average.
Great
Operations Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD16 oktober 2018
Great place to come to work for it was the people that made it great! the mission was just a plus. It was a good time in working and learning from logistics to cost analyst
Minpunten
not enough pay for the work
1,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Long hours. Disposable, like cattle. Fighting for your worth only creates waves.
EOL Technician II (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA 9453615 oktober 2018
Been here 6 years. No one takes it seriously because:

-Likelihood of injury is preset, and it's high if you perform repetitive tasks.Tesla does not like to pay for work-related injuries, even if it's a proven issue. They have on-going manpower issues because they refuse to investigate the source of ergo problems. You may find yourself placed back into the exact same harmful environment, over and over, until you quit.
Their actions say, "Its easier to replace you, than to spend money on "'our' problems."

-A general lack of effort to make things fair- new employees become leads before their experienced co-workers, and no one cares! And despite being asked to host training over and OVER, "Experienced Tech" never receives raise/level up for this, only more people to train. Friends become leaders, not skilled or experienced workers.

-Managers leak unconfirmed information to the team about the opportunity for growth, in order to motivate and get more results from employees. In reality, these positions and advancement opportunities do not exist.
EXAMPLE- I was told that I earned a new position, and I performed those job duties to a tee as directed by supervisor, for over a month. Then I was told that this position never existed. I was re-established in my old department underneath people that I had trained before I had initially moved. When I inquired about receiving recognition for these tasks, I was reminded by HR and (current) management that I never signed any paperwork related to a promotion or title-change. Thus, all discussion regarding employment advancement at
  meer... that time, and any work that I had done up until that point was null and void.

-Managers delay or prevent people from signing official paperwork to solidify their final title/pay. This is so the team "direction" and personnel can be switched around on the fly, preventing an employee from holding managers/directors accountable for previous progress made towards a level-up/raise!

If you work here, you will be stuck this three-month loop until you play the friend-game;

New review process> New project/direction> New management> New Quarter > Repeat

OH and this is the BEST PART...
If you don't like what goes on here and how you're treated...HR has no problem reminding you that,

YOU ARE AN "AT WILL" EMPLOYEE

...and they don't owe you spit!
  minder
The "Cool" factor to outsiders
Minpunten
You are no more than a number to them.
District Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Fresno, CA15 oktober 2018
Really love working here. Great staff and they take care of their own! Flexible hours, and they didn't give you a hard time about taking a day off every once in a while.
Friendly staff
Fun But Tough
Contract Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA15 oktober 2018
Good people, but expect to be a self-starter who learns on the job and has long hours. Have to meet your goals no matter what, and everyone there on a permanent basis is a crazy hard worker.
Its a good job.
Production Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA12 oktober 2018
I can get the work done. I don't have issues with other coworkers. It takes a while getting used to when you are a trainee but if you have enough spirit to try, you can achieve it and it will all be easy. Hours are long but so are the days off. The pay is pretty good.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Great Company
Scheduling Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Draper, UT11 oktober 2018
Great company to work for I believe in what they are doing but its still a volatile start up. I was laid off when they consolidated my department but still would love to work for them.
3,0
It’s an okay place
Service Support Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Draper, UT11 oktober 2018
The training environment has really rushed and I didn’t feel like Specialist were given the proper tools to succeed in their jobs. The benefits are amazing though.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Tesla. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag