The Home Depot Reviews

Alle 38.291 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall amazing place to work with hits and misses
Flooring Department Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Owensboro, KY21 juli 2018
Overall the home depot was a great place to work at throughout my 8 years with the company. Although i dont agree with the way i was terminated i have nothing but respect for the coworkers and management. Thought i was overworked and underpaid for what i did and scheduling was never fair
Good PT job
Customer Service Associate (Part-Time) (voormalige medewerker) –  Jericho, NY21 juli 2018
Very busy all day long. They assigned your schedule and every week was all over the place sometimes opening other times closing, so it was a long day.
Good PT Job
Minpunten
Hard to get Full Time, some managment asked if certain employees wanted full time, while others were not asked when they told them they wanted full time.
Bedrijfscultuur
Loved the people I worked with, management has lots of favorites, no one took anyone seriously when it came to working
Head Cashier and Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Winchester va21 juli 2018
It's a good company, just not treated fairly by management. I love my coworkers and many of the customers that come in daily or weekly. I think I'm just ready to move on to something better and something I can further my education in.
An hour lunch
Minpunten
They expect you to know the work before being trained, they don't treat you fairly
Home Depot
Sales Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX21 juli 2018
Every day varies, depending on associates management and customers. One good thing about Home Depot is they will train you on site for your department. Most of the time you will have good co workers to help when your out on the floor with those little questions. The hardest part of the job is if you are understaffed and are having to take care of multilple departments. And one of the best things about Home Depot is the friends you make, after a while they become your family.
Paid holidays and benefits
Minpunten
Quick turn around leads to understaffing
Love it
Department Head (voormalige medewerker) –  Boerne, TX21 juli 2018
I loved every aspect of what I did working for the Home Depot. I only gave notice because I started my own business. A contributing factor was the hours. Home Depot does not have set shifts and as a manager you are required to work a wide range of hours. It was also difficult to get a weekend off. Also to move up in the company to an assistant store manager you are required to work even more hours and you are put on salary
loved working with customers
variety of hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Department Manager/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Apex, NC21 juli 2018
I enjoyed working at Home Depot. It was fun helping customers to figure out and complete their projects. I would recommend this job to others that like working with their hands.
Fun Job
Hard floors
customer service driven
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Omaha, NE21 juli 2018
we are told to sell the customer what they need, not what they want. that means if a customer is wanting a new toilet because the old one is not working right, we will sell them a repair kit and explain how to fix the problem for a fraction of the cost of a new toilet, which builds customer loyalty.
Pluspunten
work with associate who are very well versed in their related fields.
Minpunten
not enough associates to help customers.
Cashier work
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Porter, TX21 juli 2018
Enjoyed helping customer and variety of tasks. Had to be in garden whether it was freezing or hot as Hades for hours with no relief. Preferential treatment of cashiers, other staff. They received $100 bonuses for doing nothing but stand there instead of helping customers. Manager knew nothing about running the store-didn't like to get his hands dirty. First thing he did was remodel his office. Staff room didn't even have a proper trash can with a lid! No chance for advancement-dusty environment. Workers and customers ripped off Home Depot like crazy, stealing tools, wires, cash and everything else possible.
Place has gotten worse each year. New manager stayed one year then moved on with his cronies.
vending machines
Minpunten
lousy workers stayed, good ones left.
Poor salary and management
Fulfillment Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ 8508621 juli 2018
The pay was not satisfactory for such a physical job and worse. I had licenses for all the equipment and i didn't get a dime extra for it. I am using a forklift that can destroy property and harm someone and i get my base salary for it. The cashiers make as much as me and they do far less work.
Flexible schedules
Minpunten
Poor management, bad pay and cut throat environment
Work is routine
Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FL21 juli 2018
Starting a new position was fun and exciting. The work became routine with very little recognition for going beyond job expectations. Very little opportunities for advancement from this position. General morale of associates is low.
Great place to work for
Department Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Barstow, CA21 juli 2018
Awesone company. Seems to have gotten a little about the money and saving of money and not about the people. Cool with this store and its staff the company has been great to my family. We're just ready for better opportunity
Steady
Pay
Fun
Pro Account Sales Associate/Flooring (huidige medewerker) –  Jupiter, FL21 juli 2018
Open minded person of execution with an acute learning agility. Able to communicate effectively with superiors and subordinates alike. A natural team builder able to build “esprit de corps” in the organization. Great affinity in all areas of technology to help achieve the most productive experience for both the clients and the firm in an environment that is conducive to personal and professional growth.
food
Pretty Decent
Merchandising Execution Associate (MEA) (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX21 juli 2018
I've overall enjoyed working at Home Depot under the MET team. I've been on the traveling day, the day store centric, and the traveling night team, both full-time and part-time. And job satisfaction really just comes down to the people you are working for and working with.
It can be entertaining at times, as well as stressful. But if you're doing projects, it's a variation. General service can get boring, but if there is a balance of projects and general service, then life at the Home Depot is solidly entertaining.
Pluspunten
insurance, part-time will work with school hours, independent thinking, fixed schedule
Minpunten
health insurance isn't offered to part-timers, not a ton of growth options that seem appealing
It was okay.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Winnipeg, MB21 juli 2018
Home depot is a great place to work if it's your first job. Or if you want a casual job.
I learned a fair bit about management and what they look for in order to advance.
Hardest part of the job was getting used to the way they did things in relation to customer service.
Most enjoyable was pro days and events that i was able to help with.
Fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Auburn, IN21 juli 2018
I enjoyed working at the Home Depot. The people are very nice, the hours were good and flexible to my schedule. The management wasn't the greatest, tended to show a lot of favoritism.
Fun place to work
Minpunten
Management showed a lot of favortisim
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a good place to work it gets very stressful
Delivery Driver (huidige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN21 juli 2018
A stressful company to work for, they hire people in the company and don't staff enough per shift. Plus they want their employees to cross train in other departments, so they don't have to schedule more people per shift. The pay is not that competitive and the raises are a joke.
Fun, loving, but favoritism
Special Services Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX21 juli 2018
When I first started working here I knew exactly who’d I be close with and who I’d steer clear of. Favoritism is popular and weekends off are rare, labor law changed and so did the hours and atmosphere of the stores associates
Pluspunten
Every holiday, we get fed free
Muy bueno
Instalación de piso . Puntura (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 juli 2018
Trabajar para esa empresa me Silvio de gran esperiencia muy buena compañía
Si
Bedrijfscultuur
Even though I treat all jobs with, Hard Worker, Reliable, and on time, this job was very stressful because of managers picks.
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN21 juli 2018
Heavy people traffic. How to become a much better people person. Management offered no chance for advancement. Negative attitudes. Stressful. Leaving
Intervening with customers
Minpunten
Managers not wanting you to talk to the customers
Fun and productive place
Cashier/ Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Maria, CA21 juli 2018
Everyone their treats you like family, always willing to help you if says things to make you feel welcomed. Always went an extra mile to help you. Everybody makes sure your not lost when their done helping you
Hours
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij The Home Depot. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag