The Home Depot Reviews

41.065 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 41.073 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Ok work environment
Specialist of garden, building materials and paint (voormalige medewerker) –  Union, NJ20 oktober 2018
Environment is ok. They nerf you do a better job weeding out the employees that really don't work, leaving others yo pick up their slack. And management doesn't support its employees like they promised
Close to home
Minpunten
Work environment needs improvement with management and employees
Bedrijfscultuur
Your experience depends totally on the particular store's mgt team.
Customer Service Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Leesburg, VA20 oktober 2018
The morale at my first store was awesome. The mgr was retired Naval officer and the culture of HD was strong.
Current store is a mess. On 2nd mgr in 3 years and rotating ASMs that are patronizing and rude. They say corporate has cut hours so we never have enough people to give good service. Their excuse/explanation is that revenue to hours ratio is on target according to some ridiculous algorithms they use. They whie about VOC being down and it's down because we don't have enough people in the aisles!
Our store is in a very high socio-economic area where the demand for service is very high. The over achievers are stretched thin and under appreciated. Most do the bare minimum because of this. There are no ramifications for bad behavior if you are among the "chosen" favorites.
I love my customers and the fact that they appreciate the efforts and service. I get no gratification or kudos from mgt. Plus they keep cutting hours of people who have been there for a few years and keep hiring more part-timers instead of giving more hours to their existing people
Pluspunten
My customers and their appreciation. Having the flexible hours.
Minpunten
See above. We don't know if this is "trickle down" or if the culture just stinks in our store.
Bedrijfscultuur
working hours were too early in morning
Bookkeeper (voormalige medewerker) –  Gurnee, IL20 oktober 2018
I would have loved to continued working for the Home Depot organization, but the starting hour for this job was just too early. The person I work with was very pleasant and good instruction.
Pluspunten
Good people to work with
Minpunten
Starting time was just too early
Positive
Garden associate (huidige medewerker) –  Albany, OR20 oktober 2018
I learned a lot, but the hardest workers get taken advantage of typically. A lot of lift truck training, and a lot of unique experiences with much to learn.
Super cool managers
Minpunten
Health insurance isn't worth it.
good benefits
Sales Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Reno, NV20 oktober 2018
Employees were fun to work with and enjoyed my time with them, the pay is not very great and could help their employees by paying them more. Give good benefits to their employees
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
customers
Bedrijfscultuur
It is a fine company to work for.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Florence, AL20 oktober 2018
Working at The Home Depot can be challenging and rewarding. There are plenty of chances to advance or switch departments based off of Product Knowledge tests. These tests involve a bit of study and are administered by department heads.

I personally recommend a job in Garden or as a Lot Associate for those who enjoy seasonal weather.
Pluspunten
Hour lunches, decent wages, advancement opportunities
Black Friday rushes
Very productive
20 years home Depot management ECT. (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY19 oktober 2018
Yes good place to work and to advance if you want to come on be be more than willing to to be from lot attendent to sales person to specialist and management
Life experience
N/a
Bedrijfscultuur
Started out nice. Economy went bad and the place turned very stressful
Assistant warehouse manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Romeoville, IL19 oktober 2018
A good place to work at the beginning but as time went on changes were made and the hours along with the stress level sky rocketed. Eventually shutting down the warehouse.
Pluspunten
Salary was very nice. People working fir me were outstanding
Minpunten
way to many hours worked. Way to stressful.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Productive/ Building Relationship
Speciality Department Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Oakville, ON19 oktober 2018
Good place to work for.
Great Associates and work environment
Fun work environment. Very cultural and a lot of good experiences in the retail industry. Very fast paced and good employees and managers that help you
hard to get teamwork
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL19 oktober 2018
although the company had on going training in place and it was consistent for your development in the company, it was hard to get everyone to commit to helping all customers in any dept."That was sad to me" and very stressful.
loyal customers
Minpunten
lack of customer service at times
old
Customer/Sales Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  North Richland Hills, TX19 oktober 2018
poor management doesn't have any effort to find talent and pursue them. even if you show a will and want to climber a later your waiting your time. poor management
Productive and great environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX19 oktober 2018
Very friendly associates, great benefits and so many things or associates to get involved in. We get 15 minute breaks every 2 hours plus a 30 or 1hr long lunch. Management is very understanding and flexible
Awful place
Merchandising Expedite Team (huidige medewerker) –  Minot, ND 5870119 oktober 2018
management has no regard for working staff, actively cutting hours, force people to quit, refuse to pay for medical leave, will refuse to pay out for owed vacation time upon quitting, medical coverage is horrible, multiple safety violations, management actively bully associate staff!!!
No room for advancement
Merchandise Associate (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX19 oktober 2018
I’ve been with Home Depot for six years no room for advancement but I still loved working with my crew and helping the customers to find what they are looking for I take pride in my work love the holiday resets
Coworkers
No room for advancement
Good Company
Exterior Sales Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  Wichita Falls, TX19 oktober 2018
Lots of opportunities, but I never had enough appointments, and that hurt because I was straight commission. They had changed policies as not covering any travel expenses.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Best in the world at product authority
sales associate in the Garden Department (huidige medewerker) –  Silverdale, Wa.19 oktober 2018
There is a long commitment to sustainability, which helps customers save money, energy, and water. They have a tool rental department so if a customer wants to rent instead of buy, there is that option. It's a fast-paced environment.
Bedrijfscultuur
great environment for a first job. everyone takes care of each other to ensure you learn about the store.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Johnson City, TN19 oktober 2018
I enjoyed my time working there because it was very easy to pick up the pace and everyone made sure I was comfortable in my area. I was recognized when I exceeded expectations.
promotion opportunities, raise opportunities
small shifts
Flexible work schedule
Service Desk Associate Lead/Back-up Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Edwardsville, IL19 oktober 2018
Home Depot is a great place to work while attending school. They offer great benefits for full time associates. They do not offer very many full time positions. Part time associates usually work between 8-24 hours a week.
Flexible work schedule
Minpunten
Part time associates work between 8-24hrs a week.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Wayne, IN - Jensen Beach ,Florida19 oktober 2018
Computer in-service for products and knowledge for customer service. Productive on stocking products and customer service. Nice place to work and enjoy customer service.
Enjoy sales and stock
Hard to get full time
weekends are spent working
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Toronto, ON19 oktober 2018
No work life balance on weekends for part time associates, everyone is required to work weekends even though this "policy" does not apply to everyone.
Free lunches
Minpunten
Weekends are spent at work
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij The Home Depot. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag