The Home Depot Reviews

Alle 36.605 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Freight Team Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Seneca, SC18 mei 2018
Its a typical day at work. Learn how to work well with others, management is good when work well with them. Workplace can sometimes be difficult on somedays
Its a great working job
The Home Depot is winning
Director - Financial Reporting (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA18 mei 2018
THD has tremendous senior leadership. They are a huge company at $100 Billion in sales and approximately 400,000 associates.
THD's results have been very strong and they are making impressive efforts with their dot.com and mobile technology plays which are instrumental for future growth. Demanding work environment and large organization, but strong senior leadership and impressive financial strength and results.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun workplace with customer service
Pro Desk Associate, Commercial Sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Aurora, CO18 mei 2018
Contractor sales by phone
Customer project planning and design
Good team approach.
Working with customers & contractors best part of job.
Hardest part of job was to not be able to help more people who needed it.
Fun work attmosphere
Compensation
Bedrijfscultuur
Inventory Management Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Marlborough, MA18 mei 2018
Update and maintain inventory. Customer Service.
Sales and Inventory.
Only interested in their advancement and Sales of the store.
Good people to work with.

Helping customers solve their problems with house issues.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Associates were fun
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Bemidji, MN18 mei 2018
Was hired as a cashier. Its a slow paced job and they push for you to get people to get their credit card. Computer training for the registers which needs improvement. management refused to let me move from my position even when other departments requested me specifically. They also refused to give me full-time and I was reprimanded when I took other shifts when people wanted to trade or needed time off.
Friendly staff
poor management
Average place to work
Front End Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  North Myrtle Beach, SC18 mei 2018
Home Depot was exactly what you would expect it to be. If youre part time you get treated like part time everywhere else, if youre full time you get treated like full time everywhere else. Its north myrtle beach so the workgroup is a little older than your usual store.
Bedrijfscultuur
It was good for what it was
Pro Desk Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  St Thomas, VI18 mei 2018
Long hours on your feet. Coworkers were mostly disgruntle. Enjoyed my shift. Liked most of the managers. You did get bonuses and a Christmas party. Overall ok
HD Workplace
KITCHEN & BATH DESIGNER (huidige medewerker) –  Lafayette, LA18 mei 2018
Home Depot typical day isn't that bad. We look for customers and help out with their projects.
Management is great at my store.
Our workplace culture I truly like. We train our associates with experienced associates. HD takes care of their associates on many different levels.
The hardest part of our job is when we are short handed.
But I love being a kitchen designer.
taking care of associates
short handed
okay to work in
Customer Service- Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Pasadena, TX17 mei 2018
hardest part of customer service is helping rude customers. You learn how to tackle situations that seem that cannot be fixed at all. Returns and orders is a typical day at work.
Bedrijfscultuur
Quick-paced environment with a never-ending to-do list
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Johnston, RI17 mei 2018
The MET team at the Home Depot is always buzzing with tasks and completion deadlines. This career has a lot to offer. The management of the MET team is excellent; always there when you need guidance and always ready to help you further your knowledge and grow.
Pluspunten
Team work is great - always someone to help
Minpunten
Only full time shift is too early for some
Bedrijfscultuur
Extremely busy, stressful place to work. A lot of pressure from the management above.
Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, MA17 mei 2018
It is not a bad company to work for when you reach management level it is only if you don’t care about your schedule. You are paid fairly but forget about your work/ life balance. You work all holidays besides thanksgiving and Christmas. You can manage your schedule and request days off though you get them only if you’ve been approved. Regular associate starts from $11. Supervisor higher though full flex schedule 5am-11pm.
Pluspunten
Easy to get promoted if you are hard worker, managers good pay
Crazy schedule
what i learned
Service Desk Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Tempe, AZ17 mei 2018
What I learned from working at The Home Depot was that it is not easy workings as an associate. WE have demands from customers everyday asking about all sorts of items. We have to be in tip top order to memorize all the products we have in store
Pluspunten
long lunches, great work environment
short staffed, upset customers
It's Retail
Customer service/sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Grafton, WI17 mei 2018
It's retail can sum it up right there. Sell, sell, sell is what you will here and by the way, you can do it for the most part alone. When that place is busy forget getting help and management can tend to look at the associates as lower class than themselves. You can also give up weekends entirely, you will be working them and also, work until 10:00pm on Tuesday and report back at 5:00am the next day. I give anyone who works in retail all the credit they deserve knowing that they don't get paid or treated very well.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Stress management
Special Order Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Sunset Valley, TX 7874517 mei 2018
This is another situation where certain inequities and stress factors are a part of the culture. I think companies, in particular large conglomorates don't make enough time to deal directly with employees. Policies and procedures have blanket implementation and that is just a major part of the culture. As a result in most cases, not all, you have a disjointed steam roller that won't fail unless you just allow it to run off a cliff. My personal opinion of course.
possibilities
Minpunten
Retail is not for everyone
Fun and productive
Freight Team Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Omaha, NE17 mei 2018
Get in at 9 pm and work trucks the entire night.

Learned how to operate a reach truck, order picker, sit down forklift, pacer unit, and various other small things that go on behind the store front.

Management for the most part is lax because they knew that our team is constantly getting hammered with incoming freight, but because of the laxness they are more critical about getting the shelves filled and get rid of any holes.

Workplace is fast-paced and friendly and there are always opportunities to advance.

The hardest part of the job is definitely during the spring and summer time when there is almost always a truck the next day, maybe even two.

The most enjoyable part is the coworkers and staff.
Ok place to work
Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN17 mei 2018
Some days you go in and your schedule will be changed. The work is really easy. The pay is a great pay for minors. There is paid training. You can't start actually working until you finish the computer training.
Snack bar
Minpunten
Switched schedule in short notice
I like key 2
Ccs or RTI (huidige medewerker) –  Ontario, CA17 mei 2018
The home Depot family will help you as much as possible. They is well involved in the neighborhoods near by. They make the workers feel like they at home.
Pluspunten
Alot of things to do for workers
Short brakes
Bedrijfscultuur
Very productive and helpful workplace with excellent people
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Coquitlam, BC17 mei 2018
Very productive and helpful workplace with excellent people, always made it easy to ask questions, left no real ambiguity to what tasks were required. It was a great place for me to gain work experience.
Strive for success.
MERCHANDISER (voormalige medewerker) –  Wauwatosa, WI17 mei 2018
we worked hard, going the extra mile, to meet our customers needs and expectations, by creating a positive comfortable atmosphere, making sure when the customer leaves the store, they live with a good experience, and want to come back for more.
Pluspunten
they offer lot's of training, for different department, if you are interested.
Rotating shifts
Great people
Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  West Kelowna, BC17 mei 2018
Associates can be helpful and kind, very knowledgeable. Can be some conflict between associate, though not much. Lots of activities/extras for employees, like paid day lunches, silent auctions and special events for holidays. Most department supervisors are good, sometimes upper management in the store is not so great, but the regional management team is amazing and supportive.

Typical day shows helping people fairly consistently, depending on the department. Some departments are more in demand than others.

The biggest pro and con is the value of putting customers first. Employees are empowered to give discounts or reach out for discount approvals but are also required to find every way to say "yes", even if the customer is being very tough and confrontational. You will get people who want special treatment just because they are the customer, even if it's absolutely against THD policy.

The community between associates is good, with lots of good resources between associates across all stores, and also resources provided by the company. There are lots of opportunities to move up or change positions or departments unless you're in one that is super high in demand. For the most part, the work can be hard but enjoyable at the end of the day.
Pluspunten
Great culture and core values
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij The Home Depot. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag