The Home Depot Reviews

Alle 31.657 reviews worden getoond
Home Depot is more than 2200 stores big
Installation Sales Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Westfield, MA14 december 2017
Home Depot has an aggressive policy. The benefit for employees after one year is a chance to work in any part of the US, and make a lot of great friends and good contacts. Learning is on the employee, but always available, and positions from Attorneys to Zamboni do exist, and everything in between.
Pluspunten
If you take care of your manager they will take care of you
Minpunten
heduling and personality clashes can happen with more than 100 folks in one building
Relaxing Place to Work With the Right Supervisor
Freight Team Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Ithaca, NY14 december 2017
The job was really fun to work at when I started, my day typically consisted of me just working carts of product to their home on the shelf. As time went on I was allowed more responsibilities, eventually being allowed to come in earlier than scheduled to help unload the truck and sort the freight, and stay past my schedule to close out the truck and check-in the freight.

I learned a lot about plumbing, as it was a section I worked in quite often, and was able to help out customers with plumbing questions after a few months with little help from the others.

My co-workers and supervisor were very friendly and made me feel like part of the team and I was useful. We never let any personal issues get between us and getting the work done.

Sadly I had to move and transferred to another store, and the situation was the exact opposite, so I had to leave after a month and a half.
Pluspunten
friendly environment, flexible schedule, easy work
Minpunten
no full time hours scheduled, inconsistent polices between stores
Great Company
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Spring, TX14 december 2017
Working at Home Depot was great. I learned several different jobs there. Cash register, stocking, Customer service. I hated to leave this job but I returned to school to finish my degree.
Bedrijfscultuur
managers are not assocate friendly
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Warner Robins, GA14 december 2017
too many chiefs don't know how to run their stores. all about themselves. managers are allowed to make their own rules. no longer run as company. not anywhere like it was when first opened.

Managers don't know their store nor their associate, nor do they choose to.
Pluspunten
It was once was a awesome company
Minpunten
had to find your own lunch coverage per management
Warehouse, cold, demanding
Merchandising Specialty Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Alhambra, CA14 december 2017
This job is horrible. Cold warehouse, terrible working hours, terrible management, everyone is hooking up with everyone. Not many advancement opportunities.
Exciting and Helpful
Floor Rep/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC14 december 2017
HD is a great place, they are friendly and teach you the necessary skills to learn your craft. They setup you up to succeed no what matter where you are placed.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Great Start out Job
Lumber Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA14 december 2017
At home depot i learned a lot and learned what team work really means. I drove the forklift loading and unloading items into customers cars and trucks.
Pluspunten
You learn a lot from different customers
not sure..
Great Place
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Alexandria, VA 2231214 december 2017
Please work here. There is a wonderful work atmosphere that allows you to grow and learn more. You can and will move up if you just simply try hard. Please apply for Home Depot.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun being in the garden surrounded by flowers
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX14 december 2017
It was a great experience. The people were friendly, helpful and the management was readily accessible. There was a sense of belonging. Synergy, fun
Meeting people
Freezing temperatures
productive
Special Service Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  New Orleans, LA14 december 2017
they were very easy to work for no complaints from me. they were the only one that can go out there way to helo and I loved that. I would work for them
Great job/pay is to low
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Highland Heights, OH14 december 2017
I have extensive knowledge in home repairs.It is very rewarding to help explain how to solve home owners problems to people with limited knowledge.They are always so greatfull.
helping people
low pay
workplace
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Cincinnati, OH14 december 2017
It is a very fast-paced job. it rarely slows down. Multiple positions and cross training allowed. The workers are really friendly and welcoming. Great discounts to other places and things.
free lunch 30min-1 hr, major holidays off
Minpunten
female workers dealing with male customers
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Productive but, Stressfull
Garden/ Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA 3035414 december 2017
A typical day at work is normal for anyone that works there.
I learned many things mostly about the products though.
management was awful.
the workplace culture never really paid attention to it.
the hardest part of the job was always the place clean for the next day especially if you worked at garden.
the enjoyable part of the job was meeting great costumers and getting to know the employees there.
Pluspunten
1 hr lunch, 15 min breaks every 2 hours, and special vehicle training.
Minpunten
the managers... that's it.
Fast paced work environment
Plumbing Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM14 december 2017
The work environment is very fast paced with a nonstop flow of customers. There is room to move to a variety of departments if one chooses to expand ones knowledge base.
One is not permitted to sit and rest unless on a break. Required to remain standing and active throughout entire shift. Much can be learned on a daily basis.
Pluspunten
Numerous coworkers who have knowledge in a variety of fields, assistance available to all who ask
Minpunten
Not allowed to sit for even a short time unless on break, schedule is set 3-4 weeks in advance and unable to change it
Management guise
Kitchen Designer (voormalige medewerker) –  Jericho, NY14 december 2017
Not a company that rewards efforts cronies get better positions and opportunities. Some are asked to do best for the customer yet the bottom line is more important to management it's all lip service
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work. Always something to do.
Flooring Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Albert Lea Minnesota14 december 2017
It was fun working there. Wish the management in that store was more compassionate towards their employees. Great place to work at and invest in. Always opportunity for advancement.
Pluspunten
Fast pace environment, Friendly Staff, Flexible hours, Advancement possibilities
Sometimes can be stressful
Not that great
General Warehouse Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Breinigsville, PA14 december 2017
Its not that great they mess around to much there it take forever to get answers there point and call off system horrible u have to do everything or nothing will get down
Its a job
Healtgcare pay management
Management problem
Head cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Virginia Beach, VA14 december 2017
Not fun anymore, management has started changing the rules too often. First they will tell us we can do something then the next week the say we aren't allowed to anymore.
nice place to work
cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX 7703714 december 2017
it was a decent place to work at for $10 a hour. it can be flexible when it comes to hours; you just have to be specific about what you want when you have an interview. there's not a lot of benefits for part time workers, for whatever reason, and full time does get a lot of benefits.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Great workers
Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Pottstown, PA14 december 2017
Home Depot has opportunity for those willing to work for it, but you have to be ok with working weekends and anytime between 5am and 11pm. Also, make sure you understand what it is really like to stand on concrete for 8 hours. I have seen many people come and go because they cant handle it. The only part of the job that is hard to take is the lack of recognition. I dont need big gifts, but an occasional "thanks" would have been wonderful.
fun environment