The Home Depot Reviews

Alle 38.254 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Parkville, MD18 juli 2018
I really enjoyed working for The Home Depot. Although, I could say alot. What I like most besides our customers, my fellow peers and co-workers were the Aprons we got the chance to design for all types of Holidays. This company really cares about their co-workers... and they know how to have FUN! Great place to work!
co-workers
coverage of departmets
Bedrijfscultuur
Great potential with the right management
HDE Support Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA17 juli 2018
Certain departments had great management which makes your job run smoother than others were too busy showing favoritism and not valuing hard workers..
Bedrijfscultuur
fun place to work, if you had enough people.
Department Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Austell, GA17 juli 2018
I have learned so much at Home Depot, it was a very fast paced which I liked, sometimes poor managment.
great company to work with, great benefits.
it feels like a big Family.
respectfull company
Minpunten
long shifts, not enough associattes
Bedrijfscultuur
The company is okay... the Worcester, MA location though... dont work there
Service Desk Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Worcester, MA17 juli 2018
I literally lost my mind and ended up hospitalised because of the stress of working at this store.
Management doesn't care about you. You are a number. You ask for help and you will be mocked.
The store itself is located in a war zone. It is frequently targeted by shoplifters and the customers will verbally abuse you.
Management will not stand up for you.
They will schedule ONE person to work service desk, returns and the rental desk on a Saturday night, every Saturday night for 6 months and wonder why you cry every Saturday.
Stay away from this heckhole.
I worked 5 years at a walmart prior to this, and it took 6 months at a home depot to break me.
Pluspunten
I met my best friend here
Sometimes, there was cake
Floor Department
Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Aberdeen, MD17 juli 2018
Before joining the military this was one of my favorite jobs to work at. Friendly staff members that make the work days go by faster. There is mandatory training that is web based so that you know what your duties are.
Employees
Bedrijfscultuur
Love my job. Need more money and not be in retail environment.
Peoject Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Bradenton, FL17 juli 2018
I set up a display table with my own home made signs and literature along with anything I can get from the store to market the products home services promotes. I tear them down each evening. I PK store associates on the products and the computer applications. Although my function is marketing and lead generation I follow the core value of the Home Depot motto and that is Customer service first. I great every customer with a cheerful smile and attempt to get leads throughout the day. Many times by walking the store or helping with other projects.
Once I enter a lead in the computer for an appointment I am no longer involved with this customer. It goes to a sales consultant. If it sells I get a bonus. Many times if there is a customer service issue I provide contact information immediately.
Pluspunten
Very flexible with vacation and scheduling.
Minpunten
Bonuses, and performance numbers are based on the performance of a 3rd party which is not in my control.
Bedrijfscultuur
The most enjoyable part of the job
Freight associate / Receiving associate (huidige medewerker) –  Secaucus, NJ17 juli 2018
The most enjoyable part pf the job is when I've accomplished my task by making sure all the docks are cleared and ready to receive and unload the trailers. When my department is cleared of the daily clutter and ready for business. Knowing that I'm not leaving my responsibilities onto a co-worker.
Development of team work
Lack of support
Fast paced work enviroment
Head Cashier/ Lead Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Athens, GA17 juli 2018
Great job for Veterans who deploy, and will have a job to come back to. Very flexible when it comes to deploying overseas. I've been on 4 deployments.
Support Veterans
Minpunten
No option to have weekends off
Bedrijfscultuur
A quick paced work place where you have to constantly be learning.
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Queens, NY17 juli 2018
Overall I learned a lot from the Home Depot, I do feel however they can treat their associates better, and also pay better than minimum wage, seeing as the workers there often end up going above and beyond what their job entails.
Bedrijfscultuur
Everyone is like a family
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lodi, CA17 juli 2018
Everyone knows each other, the employees are all friendly. I enjoyed working here. The managers are all very professional. I would like it if i had more control over my schedule.
Pluspunten
online discounts towards other items
Minpunten
no store discount, they were strict about being late
it was kool to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (voormalige medewerker) –  Henderson, NV17 juli 2018
noothing really to say just it was nice to work there nothing bad to say but just did not get along with the manager. other the that very good company to work for
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work for a college student. Long term unless you could move up its more of apart time work
MET Team Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX17 juli 2018
What I dis for the homedepot was Price changes
Inventory
Seasonal changes
Maintaining the store
Changing Inventory
I would have stayed longer if the pay was better. I interviewed but never was able to move up I was always at work barely missed. I also trained the new met team people
Fun got to know alot
Pay rate was bad
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun work enviroment
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Rochester, NH17 juli 2018
Never thought I would be working retail but I must say I like it. After 20+ years as a mechanic. Its really not a bad place to work. The Pay could be be better...
Relaxed enviroment
Low pay for the 4th largest retailer
Bedrijfscultuur
a great place to work and developing a strong community
Customer Service Associate/Pricing Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA17 juli 2018
taking care of the customers needs. I learned how to manage my time. our management time was great. our culture in our store was all about taking care of our customers. the hardest part was getting to work sometime in that traffic. I enjoyed helping our customer with their projects needs
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work. Really enjoyed working as a team.
Sales Associate/Millwork (voormalige medewerker) –  Williston, VT17 juli 2018
Loved working at Home Depot. Enjoyed developing relationships with customers. Learned a lot of new skills including working with computers and assisting in the creating window/door plans for customers.
Good people
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  McDonough, GA17 juli 2018
Very laid back work environment. Management is very nice and willing to help with anything you need. Max hours for part timers Is 27 hours per week...
Flexible hours
Little/no advancement oppertunities
great place to work
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (huidige medewerker) –  Rochester, NY17 juli 2018
overnights at the home depot is pretty fast-paced most of the time. have to be able to lift and bend. the atmostsphere is good and mostly everyone is friendly. was able to obtain my forklift, order picker and tow motor license which can be carried to other jobs.
Bedrijfscultuur
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA17 juli 2018
I made lots of friend and enjoyed meeting new people. It was a fun experience and I would recommend working there as a secondary job as a cashier. I miss the staff and coworkers and still go there occasionally to visit.
Great work environment
Not enough income parttime
Not a career choice
Professional Paint Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD17 juli 2018
The only real enjoyable thing about the job is when you actually help a customer. The rest of it is loathsome. It's not really rocket science, but you would think so the way some people can't manage to do simple tasks. I witnessed a brand new person who had never worked in a department, placed in a position to open it up first thing in the morning and with no support or training. This place gets a gomer award for sure.
n/a
too many
Nice place to work
Department Head Kitchen & Bath/Customer Support (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD17 juli 2018
If I had to open the store which happen quite often, I would have to make sure all the till were ready for our cashiers and the service desk. Make sure we had all opening employees.

Check my department to make sure my workers were there and to see if they needed help with anything.

Go to our Management meeting on every Monday to go over sales and how we as a team are doing...
Pluspunten
learning environment/ healthcare, tuition reimbursement
n/a
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij The Home Depot. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag