The Home Depot Reviews

Alle 41.055 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Fun place to work
Freight Team Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Dearborn, MI16 oktober 2018
Home Depot was a quick paced job but with much teamwork. The employees and management were a great team to have around especially during busy days....
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Home Depot
Flooring specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Olympia, WA16 oktober 2018
Great Assistant management and team leadership.
made lifelong friends with many co workers.
Not the best pay however it filled a need and allowed me to keep head above water at the time,
good team
Huge corporate culture
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Home Depot is a great company to work for
Window sales Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Norwalk, CT16 oktober 2018
The Home Depot has a great training program and availability to grow with the company. The compensation is competitive and fair for what you want to get out of it. The benefits all around are outstanding.
Pluspunten
Availability to grow within the company
Minpunten
Not able to advance immediately
Garden
Garden Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO16 oktober 2018
I worked there for about 3 months and It was great. The people working there were so nice and understanding. I loved working there and I learned so much about plants and customer service.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good company to work for
Merchandising Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Linden, NJ16 oktober 2018
The Home Depot is a great company with American values. I believe they should be harder on associates with lackluster performance. It's a good stepping stone, and if you're so inclined it's a great career opportunity.
Constantly changing
Specialty Store Manager/Interim Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Pelham, AL16 oktober 2018
The culture of this company is in a constant state of change. The number of associates in the stores has plummeted since I was first hired in 1999. The same is true of the number of management positions and advancement opportunities. They have gone from a full time model to an almost exclusively part time model. The culture has changed from one of superior customer service at all costs to maximize shareholder wealth at all costs. It has also changed from a culture of growing people and training them to advance within the company to hiring 80% of all management and executives from outside. Associate training that was a forte in the past has become virtually non-existent. It is a company that has lost it's way in pursuit of profits that it used to see before the changes in culture were introduced.
There are very few pros in today's Home Depot
Minpunten
Few full time positions, virtually no advancement opportunities
Bring back the old
Kitchen Designer (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC16 oktober 2018
Home depot has lost it's mark as one of the leading retail stores for construction materials. I need to go back to it's family environment of treating it's employee's. At this moment I would not recommend any adult to work here. This company is for young college students. Not those that actually know about the home improvement industry.
Co-workers outside of management
Fine
Service Desk Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA16 oktober 2018
Good work place over all benefits are really good the time management and flexibility could be a little better. Some managers take business really serious instead of looking after their associates but an overall good place to work.
Great Place
Cashier/Laborer (voormalige medewerker) –  Middletown, CT16 oktober 2018
Working At Home Depot I Looked Forward Going To Work Everyday, My Co Workers Was Amazing The Management And All Staff Was Great And It Felt Great Making Sure Customers Left Satisfied .
Bedrijfscultuur
I enjoyed the customer contact
Online Order Fulfillment Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Manchester, NH16 oktober 2018
Home Depot was a fun place to work but they really don't pay their employees an adequate wage for the labor involved. Additionally, there are "rules" about two person lift, etc., but they don't schedule adequate help to ensure there are indeed two people in the area to actually help each other lift product.
Full time
Loss Prevention Investigator (Full Time) (voormalige medewerker) –  Buffalo, NY16 oktober 2018
I enjoyed the position with this company. Management team was supportive and enjoyed going to work. Only reason I left is they didnt have a part time position after I took a full time position with a nother company
Bedrijfscultuur
low pay no advancement bad management
PAINT ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL16 oktober 2018
I would not recommend working at the home depot because they pay minimum wage and ask way too much of you. The management is very bad, with no one wanting to do anything. The store managers would get upset if you needed them for anything. The department managers would hide and expect you to take care of any customer issues. If you did anything wrong they would throw you under the bus and write you up.
Minpunten
low wages, bad management, no room to move up, managers yell at you, lots of sexuall harasement
Typical Retail Environment
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Yorktown Heights, NY16 oktober 2018
I have to imagine that working at Home Depot is similar to every other retail job, it is not a particularly mentally stimulating job. When there are no customers the days tend to drag but when there are a large number of customers the day passes at a reasonable rate.
stressful
Freight team associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Midland, MI16 oktober 2018
It was good when we had good managers. The job is entirely dependent on the whims of management. At the end of my employment they had a my way or the high way mentality that did not work for me considering I had school.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work, Always learning, can be long term
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  San Bernardino, CA16 oktober 2018
Its been a while since i have work there, however I do remember the Managers were great and so were my coworkers. I personally was able to advance is positions quickly, and many employees are still there 13 years later. This place seems to be ideal as a long term option if you have the freedom to work day or night. I do know that the CEO did change while i was there and I cant really speak for the way things are running there these days. They are still around, even with great competition out there, that says alot.
Pluspunten
Coworkers, many shifts available, vacation/sick and personal days are a plus, room for advancement.
Minpunten
Work load can be too much, hours available to some can change since productivity tends to be seasonal.
Loved working here
Service Desk/ Vault Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Council Bluffs, IA16 oktober 2018
The people you work with are awesome (for the most part). Benefits are great for part timers. I enjoyed my job there every single day and wish I could still work there. But the new mgmt was out for the long time associates, to either fire them or make them quit. Per the comment by one ASM, we now have a 20 something mgr in each dept and will be the biggest baddest store in this region. Not an environment I wished to remain in. Sorry it happened that way.
Pluspunten
Great co workers, benefits for part timers
Minpunten
Bad mgmt (Council Bluffs Store)
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to shop and friendly employees
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Denham Springs, LA16 oktober 2018
Friendly employee, pretty good staff. Store is well stocked and pretty clean store for the most part. Good mark down practices and sells. Always hiring.
Recognize employee
Not enough hours
sales
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, NC16 oktober 2018
working for Home depot was a fun and learning time for me I got to travel and help do community work, also I got to travel outside of the store to deliver merchandise to customers.
Pluspunten
great company to work for always moving
lack of communication
Bedrijfscultuur
Hopefully your a manager's favorite
Kitchen & Bath Design Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Trotwood, OH16 oktober 2018
A new assistant manager came to work at our store and she was on a mission to clean house. Unfortunately I was in her scope but luckily I found another job. I loved designing kitchens and baths but did not like working at Home Depot. Health Insurance is too expensive versus hourly pay.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
You can make it positive
Cashier, Front End Services, Merchandising Team (voormalige medewerker) –  Carmichael, CA16 oktober 2018
Management at the company depends on your manager. I worked 6 different positions at the Home Depot over a period of 3 years. Each position was dependent of the manager you work for. Some jobs were great, depending on the manager, others were miserable, because you were not provided with the tools you need to help you do your job. Overall, the work environment completely relied on management support. If you don't have the tools you need to do your job, it got a little frustrating.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Lack of management support...their hands are tied
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij The Home Depot. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag