Reviews voor Cashier bij The Home Depot

4.166 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 39.324 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Sequim, WA16 augustus 2018
Great co-workers, everyone knows their role, management is always available for talks or problems. Good structure. Pay could be better but benefits for part time workers helped to ease the pay pain. Had to quit to relocate but would definitely work for them again.
Meet and greet customers, ask about their projects to better help them with products, some even become your friend after awhile. Like every retail job, there are the difficult customers but those are few and far between. I recommend the Home Depot for a job and also a career if that is what you are searching for.
Minpunten
should be a living wage.
Bedrijfscultuur
The people are very nice
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Papillion, NE16 augustus 2018
It was my first job. It was okay. It was hard to get vacation time and the communication when I tried to transfer to the Lincoln store was terrible and I still haven't heard back from them.
Cashier
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY15 augustus 2018
Assisted costumers in purchasing their goods at the checkout point and register. Also assisted costumers with questions needed for products sold at home depot.
Awful place to work
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  St. John's, NL14 augustus 2018
The management was horrendous. They would yell at you over everything. I told them I could only work part time ( less than 15 hours) a week while in school and they still scheduled me in for ore than 20 hours a week.
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard work all day every day but enjoyable
Cashier / Plumbing Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Olive Branch, MS13 augustus 2018
After clocking you had to go straight to work, I learned a lot about the building industry while I was there.
Most of the managers were available and helpful when you needed them and all of the employees worked together well.
The hardest part of the job was being on your feet on a concrete floor all day and picking up heavy objects.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the parties and contests.
Pluspunten
Free pizza just about every week and quarterly catered parties
Minpunten
Hard on feet due to having to stay on them all day
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work very good company
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  The Woodlands, TX13 augustus 2018
I would usually do cashiering all day but when I didn’t I would stock things in the aisles, it was a very fast moving job. I learned how to be a good worker from having a job here. When my family flooded the company gave us money from the disaster fund which was extremely helpful and we were extremely grateful for the home depot
Bedrijfscultuur
About your typical retail job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Holiday, FL13 augustus 2018
It was a good place to work. I think the hardest part about working there was the fluctuations in the schedule, where you would have 20 hours one week and then 5 hours the next week. One of the other hard parts was the way that management would not back you up when it came to customer requests that did not line up to store policy as well. The best part about working there was working with great people, and making friends with people you would not normally make friends with.
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxing place to work and easy.
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Ellenwood, GA13 augustus 2018
Everyone needs to get treated equally. Management needs to put their foot down a little more. It wouldn’t hurt to give more hours. Overall, the company is a great company to work for.
Pluspunten
Wonderful pay, lovely people, good benefits, wonderful company
Minpunten
Favoritism, and management is too nice.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good company to work for.
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Savannah, GA12 augustus 2018
This is a good company to work for. Very convenient for the college students in my area. Flexible woth your school hours. Understanding management syestem. Team player enviroment.
Benifits
Minpunten
Store can get super busy.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Hours killed it...
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Peachtree City, GA12 augustus 2018
I enjoyed Home Depot's management but unfortunately it was brought down that you can make less than 27 hours a week and I watched people who had been working there for years and years some 20 Years, I watched them go from making over 40+ hours a week to making less than 27 hours a week and that can kill a family people were leaving left and right. I wouldn't go back.

I love Blank but the hour cuts hurt so bad. Split shifts... it cost more to go back and forth than it was worth.
Good management
Hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Depending on the leadership, it can be the best place to work at
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL12 augustus 2018
Fast-paced, customer expect a lot of you but it feels very rewarding for your efforts. Great place to learn the basics of home care and gardening, but as I said before, as any other retail company, depends deeply in the leadership team
Boring
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Lindon, UT 8404211 augustus 2018
They expect you to know everything, but don't teach you a thing. It causes people to yell at you because you don't know what to tell them. You stand around for hours and don't get a long enough or a break at all.
Minpunten
Short breaks, long hours, no discounts.
Bedrijfscultuur
a place with great benefits
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Thomaston, GA11 augustus 2018
Home Depot has some amazing benefits. However they just recently changed their labor module so if you are not full time you can expect to only get between 18 and 20 hours a week.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
not enough hours
Bedrijfscultuur
great management and team to work with lots of fun
Cashier and paint department (voormalige medewerker) –  riverdale georgia11 augustus 2018
it had a great team and management system. I learned management skills. the management that used to be there was very encouraging and supportive. the environment was comfortable. the hardest part of the job was setting up and closing down the registers each day. the most enjoyable part was outdoing the other employees on the sales of the credit cards and average sales.
great teams and supportive
too much drama
Bedrijfscultuur
easy if you like people and standing
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Conroe, TX11 augustus 2018
i was a cashier and the pace was fast. i worked the holidays and the returns department was chaos. there is lots of stress when people exceed the number of returns.
okay job
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Homestead, FL10 augustus 2018
manager are hard to work with. you have the rude & close minded ones, than the easy going that understand you. i'm a very "i got to do what i got to do" type of worker. easy going & if i'm told to do something, ill just do it. so far after a year home depot has . treated me with the up most respect.
benefits, pay
customers, managers
Bedrijfscultuur
Job makes you feel like you are a part of something greater
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Lake Geneva, WI10 augustus 2018
When I first started to work at The Home Depot, I was blown away about how mature they were and how they were all focused on helping customers. The managers are the best I have ever had the chance to work with. It allows me to enjoy what I do as well as learn new things
Great management, Good pay
Minpunten
LOW hours, Advancement difficult (due to low hours)
Cashier experience
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA10 augustus 2018
As a part-time employee who worked for the company for the summer, I can say that you will obtain exceptional cashier work experience while working for Home Depot. It may be stressful at times because you have to "scan" items without a bar code. But, regardless, the person who trained me was excellent and helped me know how to figure out the information or look up the product in the computer. The Home Depot is a hardware store therefore it is understandable that not every product can have a bar code--items such as washer or screws. While it may be stressful sometimes, employees are trained well and obtain valuable experience as cashiers that will help in any other cashier position in any other company.
Bedrijfscultuur
Love working here not enough hours and need more $$
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Grove City, OH10 augustus 2018
I have fun here love working with emplyees love cashier but just need more pay and hours close to home i know my cashier job very well i know my customers very well. Just dont like the idea of having to ask if they want to apply for a y9me depot card. Ive been in a situation of owing alot on credit cards had to take classes to be debt free and still not there
Bedrijfscultuur
Learning, fun , friendly.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Holiday, FL10 augustus 2018
It is a place that you will get to learn alot, its a fun place to work. Team is more like family then just co-workers. The environment is great. Get to meet interesting customers. Good place to grow. I personally loved the learning experience. I loved their DIY projects.
Pluspunten
good environment, flexible schedules, fast paces
Minpunten
short hours, hard to work in garden if no rotation.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij The Home Depot. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag