Reviews voor Lead Cashier bij The Home Depot

1.100 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 38.203 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Fast paced work enviroment
Head Cashier/ Lead Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Athens, GA17 juli 2018
Great job for Veterans who deploy, and will have a job to come back to. Very flexible when it comes to deploying overseas. I've been on 4 deployments.
Support Veterans
Minpunten
No option to have weekends off
It’s a good company
Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Texas17 juli 2018
Good environment and fast pace crosss trained in different departments they have good benefits Home Depot really helped employees after hurricane Harvey
Bedrijfscultuur
It is just a work place there are no extras. It is what you make it with co-workers friendships
Head Cashier/Cashier Trainer (voormalige medewerker) –  Orange, CT 0647715 juli 2018
Really used to love going to work there but through the years things changed a lot. I always worked above and beyond but the raises stopped reflecting that. they do and round table so the people sitting at the table are in control of your raise if weren't in their favor then your raise showed it.
Pluspunten
there was room for advancement if you wanted it
Minpunten
if you advance they dont pay enough for the resposibilities
Bedrijfscultuur
management could be more human and understanding
Head Cashier/Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, VA8 juli 2018
it was an okay job nothing spectacular, Hard work with little to no recognition and is based on favoritism. work hard work hard work hard. Diverse culture and a lot of learn if given the opportunity
set schedule
Minpunten
little to no recognition and too much favoritism
Good people but stressful
Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH5 juli 2018
Really liked my coworkers, minus a few people, however it's hard to really move up and sometimes the hours aren't able to change when they need to. The managers are nice and all but they don't really manage well sometimes. Pays well but unfortunately not enough to really live on your own but that's because it's so expensive where I am. It's retail so obviously you are going to have good customers but you're also going to have the bad ones too. So in conclusion it has it's perks but most times it's stressful.
Good for retail
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Avondale, AZ4 juli 2018
Luck of the draw. I worked at multiple stores under multiple managers and it was vastly different each time. Some combinations the worst to deal with was challenging customers. Others had associates pitted against each other. The company as a whole is great, finding the right store is the challenge.
benifits
breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Review
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ4 juli 2018
If you are desperate for a job, then Home Depot will be a good fit for you. When I was working there, the management was going downhill, employees didn't want to work and pay/benefits really were disappointing.
Pluspunten
Employees are intersting to talk to.
Minpunten
Not a very reliable company to work for.
fun place
HEAD CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ3 juli 2018
This job is good but there are some downfalls. I do not like the fixed shifts without fixed days. They do not let you request days off frequently and that is not ok.
Not Enough Help
HEAD CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  New Jersey3 juli 2018
Management does not help and often times stay gossiping in the HR offices for hours at a time. Not helpful when you call them, walk around occasionally to tell you what youre doing wrong.
Bedrijfscultuur
For large corporate retail, you can’t be too mad.
Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Winston-Salem, NC1 juli 2018
Went in to interview for a part time cashier An was hired for full time head cashier. I’m going to break this down into sections so I can give a full review of each.

Hours: if you are lucky enough to get full time you are set! 40 hours every week, but I will say don’t you dare go over 40 even 15 mins or expect some crazy wrath from managers. So keep a close eye on your time An look for ways to cut over time, cause you can’t have it.

Now part timers is another thing. I will say in spring and summer you will be offered plentiful hours. Chances are if you are open you could get up to 40. Spring and summer is this places Christmas season, so I know those call out seem like a good idea, but just save it. Fall and winter you are gonna wish you didn’t do it. Which brings me into fall and winter hours. Don’t expect much. It’s the slowest time of year and since they don’t do seasonal workers, there is a lot of left over staff from summer. Don’t be surprised if you have weeks with 5 to 0 hours. If you need hours just answer the phone cause call outs happen all day everyday.

Time off: As full time you will get 4 hours of sick/personal time every month you are there. Once you hit 1 year you get 40 hours of vacation, 2 Years 80, then you don’t get anymore till 5 Years an you get another week every 5 years after that.

Part time is similar. 2 hours of sick time for every month you are there and 20 hours for 1 year of vacation etc...

You can’t roll time over to the next year, use it or lose it.

Work/life scheduling: This is simple for part timers. You decide, they bend to
  meer... your will. Full timers is another story. You HAVE to have open availability on days you can work, but you do have set time schedule but unless you have been there a while, and waited for someone to quit, get fired, or expire expect to have a bad time slot that takes up your whole day An most the night ,12- 12 time frame. Depending or store/open-close times/department.

Environment: It’s pretty much high school all over again. There are tons of clicks, back stabbing, gossiping, and favoriting. You only get promoted if you weasel your into the manager click. So expect to put your head right up all their (you know) if you are looking to get promoted. They already know who they are giving department manager jobs to before they even post them. If you think “there is no way they are going to hirer (insert name here) for that job, they have to give me a chance” well then they just force a department head switch around so they can put them in the position they think they will even just survive in. If you happen to be one of the lucky few that gets one of those department manager slots, don’t let them talk you into being a key carrier. Key carriers are expected to be assistant mangers of the store, with no pay increase and you have to do their job, and yours without letting anything slip.

Extras:
Bonuses- this is the best part. Twice a year you get a bonus. You are will get atleast $50 but I’ve seen them go up to 1,000. This is based off of sales/position of power you have/ hours worked.

Parties- they through a amazing Christmas party every year, when you get bonuses they do a smaller in store party, they will also randomly feed you and throw extra parties.

Awards- awards are given out 1 of two ways. Any associate can write you a thank you An put it on the wall for all to see. The other is a badge that anyone with a little power can give. And for every 3 badges you get either a bonus or a gift.

Community service- Now this is where homedepot really excelled. Their is almost always something they are doing in the community. And it could be anything from updating a local college campus to building a house for a veteran in need. Also anytime there is a natural disaster they round up any available associates that will volunteer to go, An send them out (anywhere in the US) to help both that community and stores effected.
  minder
Pluspunten
Bonuses, party’s, community service, sometimes hours.
Minpunten
Extreme favoritism, culture, sometimes hours
Singled out
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Victoria, TX1 juli 2018
Once you have a target on your back you are sure to be fired. Management wouldn’t allow me to broaden my career and move departments. No set days off and wouldn’t allow me to work any other shift but closing. I was there 4 years
Free food
Minpunten
Poor management, no advancement, favoritism
customers
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lafayette, LA28 juni 2018
the customers were the most enjoyable part of my day. it makes you feel good to know that people come in there looking for you to assist them because you are kind, friendly and always wearing a smile that they want to see. And being appreciated is the greatest feeling
favoritism
cashier (backup head cashier) (huidige medewerker) –  Somersworth, NH27 juni 2018
too many favorites in this company, management can be okay at times, hours all over the place, don't really work with you. co workers are nice and helpful.
ok job for a first job
HEAD CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Pierce, FL26 juni 2018
This is not a job you can make enough to live on. It's a ok part time job or a job for someone who is retired and bored. The pay raises are usually about 5 cents a year unless you move to a higher position and they play favorites, so don't expect to move up the ladder unless they really like you.
Bedrijfscultuur
Company is getting greedy and not for the employees anymore
Head Cashier/Bookkeeper (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX22 juni 2018
Company is more about making money than taking care of the employees. Cutting a lot of the part timers hours. The Home Depot use to be all about their people and taking care of them.
Minpunten
Short handed and poor pay and benefits are expensive
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Fun
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Livonia22 juni 2018
Great place to work. The associates are valued. Home Depot takes care of their customers but most importantly they take care of the associates. Enjoyed working.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
With good management the store is awesome
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Olive Branch, MS20 juni 2018
Was hired in under good management, then management was restructured. Restructured management stank, did not care about customers or employees, only the stores bottom line. Seems to have good managers back in place, even consider going back to work for the company.
Awesome coworkers
Minpunten
Customers could get push, neat challenge to change their expectations.
Summary of The Home Depot
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia Beach, VA19 juni 2018
The Home Depot is a company where I gained supervisor experience in a role of management and gained high quality skills in customer service and computers.
Pluspunten
Excellent team, skills obtained, Pay, high quality production
Racial tension
Great for part-time
Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OH18 juni 2018
If you're full-time they screw you over. They like to change your "set" schedule. Management is made up of drama queens. the benefits are not bad but the pay is awful. I've been there over 6 years and there are people who have been there less than a year who make more than I did. I will say if your are part time it is a great part time job.
Coworkers
Pay Management
Not for me
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ14 juni 2018
When I first starting working THD, I had an awesome Front End Manager. He gave me encouragement and offered me the Head Cashiers position. He also encouraged Management to trained me to balance the tills from previous days sales. He was offered an HR position and transferred to another store. From there on my job became stressful. Also when THD raised their starting pay from $9 to $10, I was at $10 an hour as a Head Cashier and wasn't going to be raised. I brought the issue up and was told if I wanted more money then become an Dept. Associate. They would post job openings within, come to find out they posted those openings and required so many to apply and interview, knowing who they were already going to put in that position! So I tried hard to make it there, but turned out not to be for me
Pluspunten
Co workers and customers made the job fun
Minpunten
No support and lack of guiding
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij The Home Depot. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag