TOMRA Employee Reviews

5,0
Great place to work and grow and learn
Commercial Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT10 September 2019
Very happy with Tomra and was excited to work there. The company is a great place to start and to learn and grow. You learn while you are doing. Very happy to have worked at Tomra.
Schlechte Entwicklungsmöglichkeiten
Servicetechniker (Former Employee) –  Langenfeld31 July 2019
Viel zu viele Aufgaben und Wissensanforderungen welche der Entlohnung in keinster weise gerechtfertigt ist zu wenig Lohn bei maximaler Leistungsbereitschaft.Versierte gute Techniker erhalten kaum mehr Gehalt wie neue Miarbeiter.
Fazit Leistung wird nicht honoriert
Pros
Gehalt wird pünktlich angewiesen
Cons
Zu viel Anforderungen bei niedrigem Gehalt
Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA7 May 2019
Poor management. Management worked in cliques and if 1 manager didn't like you, none of them did.
North American Field Engineer was the manager of the contact center who had no leadership experience. Management got away with a lot that should have been reported to Human Resources.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management from Ceo down
Great Co Workers, Not So Great On The Leadership
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NY23 April 2019
I was training for a Route Driver Position I lasted about 2 weeks. Stay Away not a great job high turnover. All though the other Drivers were decent people and helpful. I give those guys a lot of credit for doing this dirty and unsanitary job. The Tractors and most trailers have issues daily and management does not fix the safety issues they blame the drivers. The Place is a joke pay is ok but should be way more because of the health hazards of the job. The route planners over load the drivers with stops and tell the new drivers the job is easy. It’s easy for them because they sit behind a desk all day. Also I noticed the pay on this ad is higher I don’t think it is what this ad says. Stay Away a lot of smoke and mirrors. Every manager passes the buck and blame the drivers for their incompetence. I am glad I quit I got a way better career now.
Pros
On the road
Cons
The leadership
No teamwork
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Wixom Michigan7 March 2019
Working there is not in diverse environment there is no teamwork and if you make a mistake your supervisor with cuss at you and not talk to you professionally there is no there is not an environment that believes in hey let's find out what the problem is fixed the problem know they will cut you before they will help you
Pros
You get paid on time
Cons
Environment for African Americans
Not Team Players
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT27 July 2018
No Comment I plead the fifth. A lot of immature employee's that work there. They used me for a year at this company. I trained and did everything I was asked to.
Pros
Cons
experience
Just works you to death
Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY4 March 2018
They work you to death. Promise you stuff they cant keep cause the work flow is non stop. If you want to throw bags on a truck all day then this is the job for you
Pros
Cons
The Job
5,0
Bon place pour travailler.
ELECTROMECANICIEN (Former Employee) –  Baie-d'urfe, QC20 February 2018
Belle compagnie, les journée etait remplir du travail. Un travaille assez facile, j'ai apris le travaille en equipe et le foctionemet. de machine de recyclage. Compagnie aux le respect aux emplyées etait très important. le plus dificile c'etait les odeur.
fast pace
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME11 February 2018
unloader of trucks moved up to bailer operator. became floor supervisor. work six days a week. ran forklifts and power jacks. was in charge of twenty four people making sure job got completed in a save and on time so the next day would be ready for production.
Limited growth
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Howell, MI1 February 2018
Employment at Tomra was typical. Nothing great nothing terrible. Best thing was they left you alone to do your job, and there was an endless supply of work.
Friendly
Auditing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MA23 January 2018
Everyone was very nice a great place to work. Fast paced environment working hand in hand with waste management. The managers were great and very understanding.
Caddy no team work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT27 August 2017
Management suck he's a puppet . he let a certain group of worker tells him what to do, he love gossips. Worst manager ever. Hired his friend and put them in a nice position. CEO is an absolut foreign jerk thinks he better than everyone very hard to understand when speaking.
And if you don't fit in their clique they make uncomfortable for you.
Benefits
Cons
Dont think you have a voice
Fast job.
Waste Management (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NY15 March 2017
Very fast passed work environment
No room for error
Management is on top of everyone and everything
they do a very good job of keeping everyone safe
very physical job to work for.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
very dirty job
Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA14 March 2017
Ok job if you don't mind driving to supermarkets & liquor stores to pick up bags of crushed/whole cans/bottles & barrels of crushed glass with liquid backwash splashing everywhere...
5,0
very productive work environment always something to do.
Fork Lift, Front end Loader & Skid Steer Operator (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NY23 March 2016
Very fast passed work environment
No room for error
Management is on top of everyone and everything
they do a very good job of keeping everyone safe
very physical job to work for
Pros
First Shift good pay and benefits
Cons
Very very dirty job
Ok if you 'fit in'.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT17 March 2016
The horrible culture of the work environment is unreal. If you're in with the 'cool people' then your great. if not, just do your work, and leave your personal life at home. CEO really doesn't know whats going on in the office.
good mission
forklift (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY17 November 2015
morning stretches, check forklift operation (safety).co-workers were pleasant when not high. management was clueless to their workers state of mind. hardest part of job was dealing with management on daily orders. seemed like they had poor communication with their customers/drivers. the most enjoyable part of job was knowing we were making a huge difference in the world, as far as sending the material to land fills, or doing what we did . Which was recycling aluminum and plastic bottles.
5,0
I love the company & the managers
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY10 October 2013
The only thing Tomra needs is a Rochester location. They are the perfect company to work for. The team can quickly become like family. They look out, help and support their employees above and beyond all my expectations. Should I move, I want my job back.
Pros
Pay, benifits, people
Cons
I live in Rochester they are in Syracuse
3,0
was a great place to learn and had a good group of people to work with
Dispatching (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MA17 September 2013
My day was once i came in i was to review previous day ,log into the computer that information, file various paper work,start lining up the nite drivers workload,call customers as to who needs pickups,my boss was good to work with should i need help,co-workers were good to work with,job for the most part was good and felt i was accomplishing something at the end of the day,once the day boss left i was left in charge to deal with most issues,
Pros
Was responsible for keeping my own time, missed one day while i was there
2,0
work you to death and don't consider family life
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI25 April 2013
14 hours work days, no consecutive days off, too much travel and ground to cover and they leave you to hanging when you need to take time off for family life. No team enviroment, When the shop screws up, it comes down on you.
Pros
no shortage of work
Cons
no personal life