Total Wine & More Reviews

Alle 282 reviews worden getoond
centralized management
Senior E-Commerce Developer (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD17 februari 2018
Very limited opportunity to get a promotion. Some people stay in BA role for 5 years. The IT manager is very scared of taking responsibility after getting suggestion with details like concepts and prototyping.
Started Great....
Front End Team Member (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Myers, FL17 februari 2018
When hired at Total Wine, the team was fantastic. The managers were attentive and hardworking, always out monitoring the store during the busiest of hours and saving their office work for slower periods.
After working there about 4 months a new store was built locally and needed a new team so most of our upper management transferred out to there and we had new managers transferred in. The new managers are unorganized and constantly overwhelmed as our store has a higher volume of customers than the stores they came from.
30% off wine, knowledge of different wine cultures
Minpunten
Over worked, very low pay for low level employees
Bedrijfscultuur
Management was unresponsive to the needs of the customers and employees
Wine associate (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Myers, FL15 februari 2018
Sold wine and spirits to customers. Learned about the products by tasting. Learned to judge wine quality and price. The workplace culture was unpleasant and demanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and with the opportunity to taste wines. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my direct manager who was morbidly obese and did little work.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very busy and always understaffed.
Assistant Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Floida14 februari 2018
ASM pay is very fair, plus its hourly. BUT you may have to work 60 hours/6 days due to the store always needing people since turnover is very high. Just to busy for some folks to handle. Roles are not as defined as they could be. Feels like your always trying to catch up in this particularly very high volume store. Hours are tough. Late nights then having to work early and so erratic. It makes it hard to get proper rest since your schedule varies so much. Favorite managers get the best schedules. Its retail so not much weekend time off. There are some great perks during busy days like free food for lunches and events. New policies about only having very very short beards are ridiculous in this day and age. Do not even think about tattoos, piercings, hair colors, or even guys allowed to have earrings. Total Wine does not allow any individuality at all. Your a corporate drone. Uniforms are very formal, button down long sleeve shirts and ties. Stores are usually very warm so plan on sweating all day.
Pluspunten
Free food, Competitive salaries for management, very reasonably priced health/vision/dental benefits
Minpunten
Rough schedules, very long shifts with few if no breaks. Extremely restrictive rules about hair, beards, earrings, tattoos, etc
Bedrijfscultuur
Great People, Great Environment, Needs to Be More Forward About Full Time/ Seasonal Hiring
Front End Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Minnetonka, MN12 februari 2018
Work days were fun and energetic, and they have a great team.

I learned how to properly identify fake I.D.s and tell if someone is influenced by alcohol or not. I also learned a lot about various kinds of alcohol and wines.

The managers are fun great people, but they need to give you more time in advance before telling you if you have been hired full time or not. I only received a four day notice.

The workplace culture is fantastic. Nice co-workers and reasonable managers.

Hardest part of the job to me was working with the occasional difficult customer. There are very few incidents though.

The most enjoyable part was the customers and staff. everyone is usually very nice.
Great team members
Minpunten
Needs Better Communication from Managers.
Decent Retail work
Merchandising Team Mentor (voormalige medewerker) –  Norwalk, CT12 februari 2018
Decent work and benefits but poor pay and mediocre management hurt. Bad hours and a general feeling of apathy from most people there. There are a few good coworkers and a single good manager who keep the store running.
good coworkers
Minpunten
incompetent management, no promotion potential
Bedrijfscultuur
Holidays are busy and fun with free food
Merchandiser/Sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Henderson, NV7 februari 2018
As a merchandiser they want you to put a whole truck away in a 8 to 10 hour shift and pay you only 10 dollars an hour to do it. Some managers are kind and understanding but than you have others that don't care and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. Store manager is barely there. The other employees make the best of if and make it fun to work there. Total wine definitely strives on making sure we have knowledge of wine and spirits I have learned a lot from my other associates and will take that knowledge on to further jobs.Holidays are the best because the week of Christmas they have food brought in that week. You get a bottle of wine and chocolates for Christmas and if you met the sales goal for that week ya get a bottle too. The rest of the year is slow with them only giving part timers 10 to 20 hours a week and full timers get up to 50. Only full time there is are sales associates or merchandiser so its either work physically hard being a merch for little pay or sale wine or spirits and get talked to because you didn't make WD sales for that day. Job overall can be stressful dealing with rude customers who think they are entitled to talk down to you because they are buying a 50 dollar bottle of wine. No room for promotions.
Holiday dinners and lunches
pay, hours, work load
A bit hectic at times
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Kendall, FL6 februari 2018
It can be a little overwhelming at times if you are not use to working in a high paced job such as Total Wine and More. We deal with a lot of customers who ask for strategic things that sometimes can and cannot be found in the store. It takes patience and time working there.
Bedrijfscultuur
nice place to work but management was difficult
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL4 februari 2018
After awhile it started to get very hard and the management was not willing to listen to any complaints that we had. Some of the customers were hard to please and others were very friendly.
Pluspunten
getting away from the register
30 minute lunch
Bedrijfscultuur
An aggressive work atmosphere, with engagement activities
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Plantation, FL1 februari 2018
The work ethic on the sales floor is very aggressive. Wine and spirits sales associates are continuously educated on all aspects of wine, beer, and spirits. We make efforts to consciously engaged all associates through our " engagement calendar " bringing fun to the work environment while increasing morale and productivity.

At Total Wine, striving for excellence is always encouraged. We have morning huddles that review the previous days sales, go over an corporate messages for the day, ask for feedback from all employees that morning, and conclude with a drive to bring sales to the expected goals for the day. The morning huddles are a reminder that we stand apart from other wine, spirits, and beer retailers. We offer education to customer. Our intentions are to broaden their horizons while introducing them to new styles and varieties, educating them along the way!!!!
Pluspunten
Wine for life..as long as your employed, you receive a case a month
Minpunten
Pay is low for the job requirements, few advancement opportunities
fun, relaxed environment
would rather not say (huidige medewerker) –  would rather not say30 januari 2018
a typical day started out with clocking in, looking in the playbook to see where you would be working, then counting the till, balancing it out, helping customers and working with co workers sometimes. The hardest part of the job was when there's more customer's than employee's and can get overwhelming. It's a fun relaxed work environment, perfect for a student, retired or a stay at home parent.
Pluspunten
free lunches on busy days, discounts on wine 30%, 10% beer singles and spirits direct (house brands)
Minpunten
one unpaid 30 minute break, no paid sick time, standing all day, working weekends, nights and holidays
Bedrijfscultuur
extras meeting new people, games, prizes,
FETM (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX29 januari 2018
This is an amzing company, Family owned and locally owned.You are treated like family. you are trained, challenged. They encourage you to advance. They promote within, they spend alot of money on their employees, training, at times food , water and candy.. Oppertunities to win prizes and they offer a clean and safe enviroment to work.
contests- meals, water, candy
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to learn about wine & sprits
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Folsom, CA28 januari 2018
I love the fast past environment and the beauty of working in a new store and launching a great kick off to the new start of the Folsom store it was a blast
Bedrijfscultuur
Great Education on Wine & Spirits. Sales experience in person.
Wine Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Plano, TX23 januari 2018
You get a Great Education on Wine & Spirits. Sales experience in person. Great culture and Management team. The only problem was the extremely low pay.
Pluspunten
Education on wine & spirits and beer and face to face sales
Minpunten
low salary, retail hours, long shifts, work holidays
Bedrijfscultuur
It was an okay workplace.
Cashier / Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cherry Hill, NJ23 januari 2018
A typical day at work was either being hectic or very slow. Usually it was nice and busy up at the front with the registers. If I was out on the floor, I was packing out or helping people find product. Managers are... okay, at best.
Pluspunten
30% off of wine, 10% off of spirits and beer singles.
Minpunten
Not being able to move up
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
An Okay PT job
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  River Edge, NJ22 januari 2018
I did really enjoy working here, I stayed almost 6 years.
The best part was learning about wine, beer and spirits.
I liked my fellow employees, but management left something to be desired.
Pluspunten
learning about the wine culture
management
fun and tasty
Warehouse Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE21 januari 2018
A typical day at total wine and more is pretty much laid back I get to learn about wines and spirts from around the world the management is quite overloaded but they are starting to incorporate updated practices the culture is mature and diverse the hardest part is the amount of product to be handle the most enjoyable part is that its wine and spirits
Great culture
low pay
Bedrijfscultuur
one of the best job i ever had...........
Stock Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Broward County, FL18 januari 2018
this was a good work place the people was respectful they know how to run a work place inside and out i wish the job was not seasonal i would do it agein with no qustions
free lunch
fun work
Highly Stressful
Accounts Payable Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD10 januari 2018
You typically work at least 50 hours a week at Total Wine. I learned how to reconcile statements for month end. Management is horrible; nasty attitudes and inconsiderate. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines that were impossible to meet. The most enjoyable part of working there was receiving a pay check.
Learning about reconciliations
Inconsiderate, Rude, Disrespectful management
Bedrijfscultuur
I thought it was a good learning experience
front end customer service (voormalige medewerker) –  Brookfield, WI9 januari 2018
It had some very nice people working there, pay was low and it was quite physical. Would consider a sales job there if I were to reapply. They could be critical instead of encouraging on occasion.
Pluspunten
some of the busy days free lunches
short breaks