Total Wine & More Reviews

Alle 341 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
dont know how they have not been sued
Manager Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Florida8 mei 2018
Company makes offers and promises on advanced placement and growth especially in their MIT program, however has a turnover rate of over 70% in assistant managers.

The company and executive team members in the Florida market forbid taking care of team members in both pay and work life balance. Managers would pay out of pocket to provided team members with lunch , bus or uber fare to assist in overall team moral.

The company is biased to male managers and does not openly publish open positions, it is based on the old boys club.

The company has a supposed hotline number for people to call anonymously with any complaints or issues with co workers or managers. unfortunately it is not confidential. The store manager and other members of management is notified and then confront the team member who sent in the issue. It is truly disturbing and a HR nightmare. I dont know how this company has not been sued. The lack of HR representation, understanding and education is disturbing.
poor managment, sexist
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
Very fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (huidige medewerker) –  Daytona Beach, FL7 mei 2018
I enjoy all of my coworkers. The personalities there are great. I've ;earned just about all there is to know about wine, spirits, and beer. You feel supported by staff... great job overall.
Pluspunten
Tasting products, free products, always food in break room!
Minpunten
Pay, standing, nothing else.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 2Rapporteren
Good Part-Time Job
Sales Team Member (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Roseville, MN2 mei 2018
I had a really good relationship with my coworkers here and the Store Manager was great. Really easy products to sell and customers are often pleasant.
Good part-time work
Minpunten
Scheduling communication can be a challenge. May work when you wanted days off.
Bedrijfscultuur
One of the best places to work
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM30 april 2018
Working at Total Wine was a blessing. One of the best places I've ever worked. Great benefits and great store morale. Everyone was always happy. Discount is good too.
benefits, discount
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
management/ uniform polices ruined this job for me
CASHIER/SERVICE/SALES TEAM MEMBER (voormalige medewerker) –  West Hartford, CT25 april 2018
Management absolutely sucked. out of the 5 managers, only one was good and treated employees fairly. And after working there for six month the owners got more strict with their policies on tattoos and piercings. When i was hired, my tattoo and piercings wern't a big deal and then all of a sudden we had to cover tattoos and take piercings out. They lost multiple really good employees from my location alone never mind all the other stores as well.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 1Rapporteren
Fun place to work
manager (huidige medewerker) –  Sarasota, fl24 april 2018
Overall Total Wine is a very fun place to work. Location to location managers vary and that is to be expected. I have had bad, good and great leadership while working here. I am currently in management and my senior leadership is very helpful and supportive. Being an internal promote is tough but I believe it is better here than 90% of retail. I highly recommend applying and having some conversation to see if it is the right fit for you. The days are long for full timers but they are never ever boring. It's retail so weekends are a must. If you work hard and truly put your all into it you will advance sometimes it may seem slow. Remember you advertise for yourself and push to learn new things don't wait on it to come to you.
Pluspunten
Free wine, lot's of training, changing environment, encouraged to make mistakes
Minpunten
Long days, work life balance is hard but not impossible
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 4Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work to learn about spirits
Front End Team Member (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, SC23 april 2018
Quick paced customer service environment. Typical day includes cashier register functions, stocking supplies and lifting 50lb boxes of wine and spirits.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 2Rapporteren
Its ok
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE19 april 2018
Management tries hard to work with what they have to make your job easier. The jobs are physically demanding and performance is always expected. Breaks too short.
Knowledge
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people you meet with fun culture
Marketing/Advertising (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD8 april 2018
A typical work day consists of a lot of emails, collaborating with team members and having a strong follow through to complete projects that have deadlines. If not carefully applied, your projects will get slowed down trying to resolve. The department where I work has a very supportive management team with a open door. We all have a great passion for what we do and everyone goes the extra mile to support one another. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a work/life balance. It's very difficult to unplug on the weekends because there's so much work to do to even keep up with the fast paced environment. When our team get's finished with a project we have to work hard to catch up with our individual projects. On the plus side, you definitely learn a lot on the job and get to work with some great people. There's always food supplied and fun activities that go on around the office to keep our morale up. I would recommend working here for people whom are willing to learn in a fast paced environment.
Periodic free lunches
work/life balance
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
The management is poor, but the coworkers and customers make up for it
Merchandiser & beer salesman (huidige medewerker) –  Towson, MD6 april 2018
The managers are not effective leaders, and neither do they promote advancement. However, the rest of the staff are great people. The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging customers and learning about the products.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Overall Pleasant place to work
Front End Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Manchester, CT5 april 2018
Its hard to move up would be my only complaint, other than that the work experience was fine. Great place to learn about wines and balance.
Open late and have great prices as well as variety.
Great place to learn
Hard to move up
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Growing too fast to worry about its people
Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD4 april 2018
Company has no clear strategy or culture; no career advancement opportunities. The company is growing rapidly which is great, however, it is not done with an attention to detail that provides for long-term success.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Total Wine
Service Desk Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD4 april 2018
I love working for Total Wine & More benefits are great and the flexibility to work "anywhere" in the US is a plus.

Plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Front End Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Altamonte Springs, FL3 april 2018
The best you will get for retail environment. Total Wine is a fun & innovating place to work. They train you on wine spirits and beer. The managers are super fun to work with, Great environment.
Stay away
Senior Buying Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD2 april 2018
dont do it. Just dont.

Not at all a good place to be. Find something else. Anything.

Do not work at TWM corporate office. It is not worth it. Dont do it!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 2Rapporteren
Don't do it
Senior Campaign Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD31 maart 2018
This place is a mess- they've had multiple CEOs in the last 2+ years, department heads and org structures change almost quarterly leading to no cohesive vision. Thousands of dollars worth of decisions are made in reaction to very short periods of times, very reactionary, leading to insane hours of re-work that could be avoided by planning further ahead. Career advancement is difficult because they usually just choose to bring in outside hires. Very little diversity. 45 hour minimum work weeks, 4 official holidays/year, not eligible for bonuses under Director positions.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
The joy
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE29 maart 2018
It's a great place To work specially during the holidays. Although we can get crazy busy around this time
but they do great management time with helping i 8
always recommending a new face here
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Total Wine as a company is a good place to work
Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Myers, FL27 maart 2018
The Management staff at the Ft. Myers location lacks the ability to communicate as well as the ability to lead by example. There’s clear no direction or vision. Often times upper management refuses to assist during critical times.
Free wine
Poor management
total wine
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV24 maart 2018
low pay. high stress. labor intensive. standing for hours. don't offer job advancements. the pay raises at the end of the year are not adequate for living. Most raises were less then a dime.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 13Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
One of the best jobs I have had
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX24 maart 2018
The people in that environment are the best as the managers will help you throughout the day if you need it. Coworkers are easy going and great to wrok with, giving you the feeling of a good day to work.
Pluspunten
Free lunches and other things
A bit of micro managing
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Total Wine & More. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag