Total Wine & More Reviews

Alle 378 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work and very exciting and fast paced.
Floor and Front End Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Cherry Hill, NJ13 september 2018
Need a better balance of work and home life. Great benefits package and employee discounts. Always fun and crwative ideas for product launches and new item releases.
30% wine discount
No room for advancement
Great company
Assistant Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Mountain View, CA12 september 2018
Great company very vested in training its associates to provide the best customer service possible. Well compensated to complete training modules. Small box retailer unfortunately trying to become big box.
Good insentives
Minpunten
Long hours and very little wk life balance
Bedrijfscultuur
Very fun and comfortable.
Front End Team Member (huidige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ6 september 2018
Total Wine is a so low key environment. Management is understanding and caring.
There is a wonderful home work life balance and the benefits are outstanding.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Job load/Safety/Pay
Front-End Team Member (PT) (voormalige medewerker) –  Huntersville, NC3 september 2018
When it is expressed that a person does not have medical, don't give them a workload that may cause harm. Training was ok. Fun time of year to work there.
Pluspunten
Informative with beverage and its product promotions
Minpunten
Management was not very empathetic to its employees when it came to their safety.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work depending on your job title
Wine Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL29 augustus 2018
Total wine is a great place to work if you have an interest in wine, beer, or spirits. They really do invest in the knowledge of their employees. There are programs in place like Wine for life and Beer for life that allow you to take home free product to try and taste to better assist customers. there are wine classes once a month that are free for employees to attend, I personally taught all of the wine and spirits classes at my location. As a regular cashier, associate, or merchandiser the job was fun and easy; however, supervisors and managers work three times as hard for what I believe should be a lot more money. very high volume, hard work, and high goal and metric projections
Pluspunten
Team engagement, Advancement opportunity, Benefits, Free wine education trips all over the world
Short breaks, 50 hour work weeks, and low pay
Total wine review
MERCHANDISER/BEER ASSOCIATE, TOTAL WINE AND MORE (huidige medewerker) –  Kennesaw, GA29 augustus 2018
I learned a lot about craft beer, spirits and wine in the time that I worked for the company. A typical day for me consisted of helping customers make an informed decision on beers or some spirits.
Pluspunten
great management, fun products to work with and fun work place
poor scheduling
Not good
Assistant Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Laurel, MD29 augustus 2018
Reason for leaving was the upper management was terrible.did not have to operate the way they did..in store management was great..had a great team..upper management destroyed it.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, fun at times, underpaid
Retail Sales Associate (Service Team Member) (huidige medewerker) –  Charleston, SC24 augustus 2018
This is not a bad place to work, but like most jobs in Charleston, SC, it is an underpaying job. You are worked to the bone in all departments, but given a song and dance why you they can't put in for more of a pay increase. I believe the one unscheduled pay increase I received was only to keep me quiet and they thought that would appease me, all my opinion. However, I am here looking for better paying, more fulfilling job that will be a career. The benefits are excellent, discounts too. The reason I have stayed here for so long is my co workers and the actual store managers are great. I know the managers at the store level can't increase my pay to my desires; they can only request.
discounts, co workers
Minpunten
short break lunch break, pay, scheduling
Unsafe place to work
Merchandising (huidige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE24 augustus 2018
Several people have gotten injured here, not from falls or accidents, but from repetitive stress injuries. Shoulders, backs, ankles, knees—people have gotten serious injuries from being overworked. $90 million store, but they run a skeleton crew because they are so cheap. Of course that’s only the merchandise crew. The sales associates stand around all day and chit chat or look at their cell phones. I’m sure they would rate the job highly as they get paid to help a couple of customers and then stand there and wait around for most of their day. There is no promotion from within. Not a single manager there was promoted to the position. They don’t learn the job either, so most employees are more competent than the managers are. The owners are brilliant businessmen who created a highly successful company, but it has grown so large they no longer pay close attention to the day-to-day of the individual stores, so the store managers and district managers run the show, and they aren’t competent.
Pluspunten
Overtime, some positions require little work
Minpunten
Overworked, poor pay rate, incompetent managers, no chance at promotion
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Quick paced and busy on the holidays!
Wine Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Elkridge, MD22 augustus 2018
You do not have a set schedule, so you never know when you will be working week to week, making scheduling appointments or other family things difficult. You will also have to be there at least one morning a week at 5 am to stock the shelves before opening. You also need to like talking to people, because it is all about selling them the most expensive botttle in their price range they are looking for. Great coworkers!
Pluspunten
Great coworkers, you taste all the products
Minpunten
Super busy and very impatient customers sometimes
Bedrijfscultuur
Not enough pay for the physical labor your intended to do.
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Manassas, VA21 augustus 2018
You can not afford any cost of living with this job not living in the commenwealth of VA. Every store is different but they expect that you can work a 10-12 hour shift with a 30min break, break down pallettes when the delivery of our wine products get there sometimes you're doing it by yourself. Not really a team building experience, they take advantage of those they know can get work done but allow others to slack off or do nothing just because they have wine knowledge which is unfair. There is just no team, everyone for themselves. Which is why most of the people who work there are 35+ in age and that is their career but for others they try to hire younger in age they find out quick this is not a job to grow in and to go move to find better jobs or opportunities in life. Selling wine is not unless you're going to school to become a wine sommelier. They don't care about the employees who work in the store only the people who work in their cooperate offices.
Pluspunten
The knowledge and discounts.
Good People, Bad Management
Merchandising (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC18 augustus 2018
The product categories make the business an interesting place to work. Coworkers are great, outside of the work environment. Management has turned over too much in the last 4yrs resulting in frustration and lack of trust throughout the company.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun way to learn about adult beverages and meet people from the community
Front End Team Member (voormalige medewerker) –  Reno, NV18 augustus 2018
Fast paced. Stocking shelves, taking care of lines of customers, good relationship with most of the employees. Lots of diversity in the work force. A little too much micromanagement.
Tasting different adult beverages
Lots of heavy lifting
A fantastic work scenario
JUNIOR LEVEL DEVELOPER (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL15 augustus 2018
Total Wine is a great company to work for, the pacing is great, giving you an amount of assignments that works well and is efficient for the great scheme of things. Furthermore management is good at assessing your skills but can sometimes overwork you when it comes to the intensity of said assignments.
Good Pacing
Minpunten
Hard to find time off, management can overwork sometimes
Overall Pretty Good
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Wilmington, DE13 augustus 2018
Probably the best place to work in retail. Lots of easy ways to learn about wine/liquor/beer. They try to crosstrain everybody and if you want to learn about something, they'll make it happen. Lots of opportunities to get free booze through training and passing tests. A lot of incentives for wanting to learn. As with every job, the management makes the job and some days they make me want to quit, other days they make me love the company. The customers are probably the best part of Total. They tend to be happier because they know they'll either be drunk soon or are already a little drunk. Overall a pretty good place to work.
Bedrijfscultuur
Just not for me. I tried
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL11 augustus 2018
Management at certain stores does not care about flexibility on schedule when things come up / over work, under appreciated for good workers, So that makes anyone want to quite
Pluspunten
Discount / learn about the difference in liquor categories
A job, not a career
Customer Service/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC5 augustus 2018
I worked here during the holiday season and I thought it would be a fun experience but it was anything but that. Management only cares about selling the brand wines. The best part was being able to learn and taste different wines. This position is great for college kids.
Discount on Wine, Christmas gift, Incentives
Schedule, Hours, Management
Awesome company
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Everett, MA1 augustus 2018
this company is very inspiring.
they strive off of customer interaction, and also make thier employees feel welcomed.

im new so i dont have much to say however in 6months ill still feel the same way because im optimistic.

i worked 12-7PM
i did some computer based training for a few hours
then operated a cash register for the remainder of the day
the employee i was shadowing was awesome and made my learning experience enjoyable.

the management is right there for any questions and comments i have or may have,

the schedule is flexible and i can work as many hours as i can handle.

im looking forward to 12hour shifts and advancement.

the hardest part about the job is leaving the customers because they truly make the time worth every second.

the most enjoybale thing about the job is knowing that i can relax knowing i have a uniform that represents the company and what their vision is all about.

i learned that IDing everyone is a safety and company measure that they take very serious.

the workplace culture at the moment seems like something im excited to be apart of.
Pluspunten
customers, great management, on hand experience, schedule flexibility and great selection of benefits and products.
Minpunten
their isnt any cons because everything is a Learning experience.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Decent Pay, horrible management
Market Vendor Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Lynnwood, WA26 juli 2018
The pay with the company was decent for a retail management job (they even pay overtime). Advancement opportunities that were touted as a "priority" were b/s. You would be working for a promotion only to have someone outside of the company to be hired for the position you were working toward.
Winery Direct sales seemed to be the only priority that any upper management had (rightly so as this accounted for a huge percentage of profit for the company). This mantra did nothing for morale among Wine Associates and Management though.
I would not recommend this company, they abuse, demoralize, and treat their employees unfairly and there is little job satisfaction working for the Trone brothers.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
started off great, but then management started to really suck
Wine Associate, Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA25 juli 2018
I loved working here for the first 3 years. The turn over rate is pretty high unfortunately and I think it's because of management. We get a great discount on everything in the store, we get great training all the time, and great opportunities to visit wineries, but the upper management sucks. I had been working at this company for four years when our new store manager hired 5 of his old employees he worked with at Lowe's. He started them out at a much higher pay rate than I was currently making and none of them had any experience in the alcohol industry. When our annual reviews came up, I explained in detail on why I thought I deserved a $.50 raise. $.50!! And he came back with the excuse that they didn't have the budget for that high of a raise. The company is owned by billionaires and he just hired on 5 new people at a high pay rate and I couldn't even get a $.50 raise even though I had been employee of the month 3 times and kept up my sales numbers. Another time one of the new employees my store manager had hired called out sick on a Sunday so I came in to cover her shift. I later found out that next week she wasn't sick, she called out so she could go to the store manager's BBQ and that he had encouraged her to do so. How did I find out you ask? Pictures on Facebook.
Pluspunten
great discounts, great training, getting to go to wineries and meeting wine makers
Minpunten
low pay, expensive health insurance, terrible management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8Nee 2Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Total Wine & More. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag