Total Wine & More Reviews

Alle 385 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
A fantastic work scenario
JUNIOR LEVEL DEVELOPER (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL15 augustus 2018
Total Wine is a great company to work for, the pacing is great, giving you an amount of assignments that works well and is efficient for the great scheme of things. Furthermore management is good at assessing your skills but can sometimes overwork you when it comes to the intensity of said assignments.
Good Pacing
Minpunten
Hard to find time off, management can overwork sometimes
Overall Pretty Good
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Wilmington, DE13 augustus 2018
Probably the best place to work in retail. Lots of easy ways to learn about wine/liquor/beer. They try to crosstrain everybody and if you want to learn about something, they'll make it happen. Lots of opportunities to get free booze through training and passing tests. A lot of incentives for wanting to learn. As with every job, the management makes the job and some days they make me want to quit, other days they make me love the company. The customers are probably the best part of Total. They tend to be happier because they know they'll either be drunk soon or are already a little drunk. Overall a pretty good place to work.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Just not for me. I tried
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL11 augustus 2018
Management at certain stores does not care about flexibility on schedule when things come up / over work, under appreciated for good workers, So that makes anyone want to quite
Pluspunten
Discount / learn about the difference in liquor categories
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
3,0
A job, not a career
Customer Service/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC5 augustus 2018
I worked here during the holiday season and I thought it would be a fun experience but it was anything but that. Management only cares about selling the brand wines. The best part was being able to learn and taste different wines. This position is great for college kids.
Discount on Wine, Christmas gift, Incentives
Schedule, Hours, Management
Awesome company
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Everett, MA1 augustus 2018
this company is very inspiring.
they strive off of customer interaction, and also make thier employees feel welcomed.

im new so i dont have much to say however in 6months ill still feel the same way because im optimistic.

i worked 12-7PM
i did some computer based training for a few hours
then operated a cash register for the remainder of the day
the employee i was shadowing was awesome and made my learning experience enjoyable.

the management is right there for any questions and comments i have or may have,

the schedule is flexible and i can work as many hours as i can handle.

im looking forward to 12hour shifts and advancement.

the hardest part about the job is leaving the customers because they truly make the time worth every second.

the most enjoybale thing about the job is knowing that i can relax knowing i have a uniform that represents the company and what their vision is all about.

i learned that IDing everyone is a safety and company measure that they take very serious.

the workplace culture at the moment seems like something im excited to be apart of.
Pluspunten
customers, great management, on hand experience, schedule flexibility and great selection of benefits and products.
Minpunten
their isnt any cons because everything is a Learning experience.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Decent Pay, horrible management
Market Vendor Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Lynnwood, WA26 juli 2018
The pay with the company was decent for a retail management job (they even pay overtime). Advancement opportunities that were touted as a "priority" were b/s. You would be working for a promotion only to have someone outside of the company to be hired for the position you were working toward.
Winery Direct sales seemed to be the only priority that any upper management had (rightly so as this accounted for a huge percentage of profit for the company). This mantra did nothing for morale among Wine Associates and Management though.
I would not recommend this company, they abuse, demoralize, and treat their employees unfairly and there is little job satisfaction working for the Trone brothers.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
3,0
Bedrijfscultuur
started off great, but then management started to really suck
Wine Associate, Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA25 juli 2018
I loved working here for the first 3 years. The turn over rate is pretty high unfortunately and I think it's because of management. We get a great discount on everything in the store, we get great training all the time, and great opportunities to visit wineries, but the upper management sucks. I had been working at this company for four years when our new store manager hired 5 of his old employees he worked with at Lowe's. He started them out at a much higher pay rate than I was currently making and none of them had any experience in the alcohol industry. When our annual reviews came up, I explained in detail on why I thought I deserved a $.50 raise. $.50!! And he came back with the excuse that they didn't have the budget for that high of a raise. The company is owned by billionaires and he just hired on 5 new people at a high pay rate and I couldn't even get a $.50 raise even though I had been employee of the month 3 times and kept up my sales numbers. Another time one of the new employees my store manager had hired called out sick on a Sunday so I came in to cover her shift. I later found out that next week she wasn't sick, she called out so she could go to the store manager's BBQ and that he had encouraged her to do so. How did I find out you ask? Pictures on Facebook.
Pluspunten
great discounts, great training, getting to go to wineries and meeting wine makers
Minpunten
low pay, expensive health insurance, terrible management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11Nee 2Rapporteren
Wines sampling monthly
Wine Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Laurel, MD25 juli 2018
Great place to work , meeting good people,learning about wine and having customers come in and ask for me. Being ask on what wines Iiked and love. Being able to dress up for work.
Work with good people
Lunches from different companies
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 4Rapporteren
Great team atmosphere.
Merchandising & Front end Team member (voormalige medewerker) –  Lynnwood, WA23 juli 2018
While at Total Wine I had a fun group of team members which made working a great experience. The wealth of knowledge I gained about the beverage industry in my time here will remain as a great memory.
Pluspunten
They would always reward us with free lunch.
Minpunten
Not very many opportunities for advancement.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Wine manager
Wine Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, VA19 juli 2018
Working at Total was both rewarding and intense. Sales were stressed and you were rewarded when accomplished.. Travel could be lengthy and frequent.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun workplace with interest in products.
Front End Team Member/ Merchandising (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL12 juli 2018
A typical day at work includes customer service on the sales floor, working a register, merchandising product, creating displays and stocking items throughout the store. I learned an abundant amount of information about various wines, beers and spirits. I enjoyed the management at each store I worked at as they exhibit the same behavior expected of each employee. The hardest part of my job was the high volume retail environment, especially around holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interest I had for all of our products, creating excellent product knowledge which helped in points of sales.
Discounts, family-like atmosphere.
Minpunten
Occasional typical retail environment; bad customers, theft, busy schedules, long holiday shifts.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Boring, poor management, overworked
Front End Team Member (huidige medewerker) –  Richmond, TX23 juni 2018
As a full time front end team member, you get a lot of 10 hour...sometimes even 11-12 hour shifts. Overworked, you're lucky if you get breaks outside of your lunch. The turnover rate is awful, you have to work yourself to death to make up for the fact that no one is willing to stay. Definitely no work/life balance.
HOURS
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
It’s a sales job
Wine Sales Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Texas17 juni 2018
The pay is horrible for what you are expected to know and remember to answer customer questions. There are lot of options with alcohol and you need to know the details to answer questions. There is some training but not nearly enough. You are pressured to sell the WD products and some folks have no integrity in selling this. Good commaradarie with fellow team members but ALL of management tends to spend their time BSing at customer service desk and then barking when numbers aren’t where they want them.

Even at the Supervisor level, the pay is bad! The only good thing about this job is most customers are cool because they’re wanting to have fun and you can help them. Employees are cool. Discounts on wine (only). Very little opportunity to grow. All supervisors and above are expected to work a minimum of 50 hours/week.
Discounts
Management, sales pressure, Integrity
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Incredible turnover and low moral
Senior Digital Marketing Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD8 juni 2018
No leadership
No Vission
No opportunity to grow
High turn over
low employee moral
Not diverse
Not innovative
In the past 4 months 18% off the employees left for another job.
Digital department is at least 5 years behind compared to other companies.
Tons of closed door meetings
Pluspunten
wine discount on WD, pays ok, benefits are good
Minpunten
Not a place to grow and develop
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 2Rapporteren
Fun atmosphere
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Viera, FL6 juni 2018
I enjoyed working for total wine and more. I learned a great deal about wine and there regions. Did samples of tastings. recommendations. Product growth. I just wasn't given a fair chance for full-time.
Pluspunten
saturday was activity days. fun selling contests
Minpunten
Not enough hrs. given per week
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 3Rapporteren
Everyday is a new day.
Assistant Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Boca Raton, FL30 mei 2018
You will learn something new every single day in a fun and energetic environment. Total Wine & More hires an elite group of Team Members and provides vast training in all aspects of the business.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 3Rapporteren
Okay, for seasonal.
Stock, Seasonal part time work (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilmington, DE24 mei 2018
Not much to it. Helped customers retrieve there product from the back, or high above. Then replaced the product with the same thing. Great seasonal, or in between job.
Free lunch during holidays
Tough retail work environment
Retail Sales and Management (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia22 mei 2018
I have not worked for this company for over 12 Year’s so it’s not really easy to review them.

I remember long hours and little pay. Challenging staffing situations and not a lot of support from upper management
Learn about wine
Healthcare and pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 7Rapporteren
Productive Environment with Wonderful Staff
Front End Team Member (huidige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC14 mei 2018
The customers can make work life difficult at times. But management ALWAYS has your back and wants you to succeed. The location I worked at was by far my favorite job I've had so far. They allow room for growth. You just have to put in the long hours and endure sometimes difficult/rude customers to get where you want to be.
Pluspunten
Good pay, flexible scheduling, easy to take vacation time, fun environment, awesome coworkers
Minpunten
Long hours, delayed raises, difficult customers
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I was luck to have a great team that helped each other.
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  NC12 mei 2018
This is a very hard job and very deceiving, You don't just sell wine but you will be constantly lifting and throwing cases wine in top stock. Pulling cases from top stock to stock shelves. You will be totally filthy while trying to look professional for help customers. There really isn't anything glamorous about the job.
Pluspunten
Great discount and "wine for life" for full time employees
Minpunten
Too much lifting, bad pay, DM was the worst, 30 min break for 10-12 hr days, never seems to be right or enough for DM
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Total Wine & More. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag