Total Wine & More Reviews

Alle 257 reviews worden getoond
Always on the move.
Spirits Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE23 juni 2017
This is retail at its best. Tremendous amount of customer interaction. Need to be willing to engage customers and make recommendations with knowledge to back it up.
Pluspunten
A lot of employee fun days
Minpunten
Long hours and short breaks
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work, but flexibility required
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  NC23 juni 2017
Great job but need to be available when they say. Some degree of flex is allowed. Opportunities for promotion are available if persistent. Wine discounts and education is fantastic.
Pluspunten
Discounts on wine, wine education is top notch
Minpunten
Have kids and want to work full time? Wont be the easiest...
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and productive part-time job.
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Union, NJ19 juni 2017
Awesome job to work at to gain customer service skills as well as sale tactics skills. Management is great and extremely informative. Great atmosphere, Decent pay for a retail job and awesome discounts. Total wine and more is a great part-time job!
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work but bad management.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL19 juni 2017
Total wine is most definitely a cool place to work the only thing is they have very bad management who talks to employees really bad. Working at total wine you don't have a personal life because you're always there. They give free food on really busy days which is great . Good employees don't get the acknowledgement they deserve. I've learned a lot about wine & spirits working there that i am so very Grateful for.
Free lunches & free classes
Short breaks
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Nice place and outstanding colleagues.
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Sandy Springs, GA18 juni 2017
Total Wine & More is an American beverage chain store which has more than 150 locations over the United States. I decided to work there because I believed there are more knowledge I can learn other than beverage.
Pluspunten
Nice work environment, flexible schedule.
low pay
great people, fun environment
Front End Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ15 juni 2017
i would love to work there again. it has great emploees and employers. always got treated with the upmost respect. also, i was given many tasks very quick after working there. i would suggest it to any one.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good company, terrible lower management
Wine and Spirits Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Kennesaw, GA13 juni 2017
This is a good company, upper management is actually fantastic. Most issues come from sub par management on a store level. Great for educating yourself.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Fulfilling and fun
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker (huidige medewerker) –  Palm Desert, CA10 juni 2017
Having worked for about 2 and a half years my knowledge on wine spirits and beer has grown quite a bit, have also developed a better work ethic and stronger customer service qualities. This job also offers opportunities in working with vendors, as well as qualifying as a Sommelier or Cicerone, which lends into winery and brewery work. Lots of Possibilities.
Overall not bad
Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD9 juni 2017
Great management and interesting work. Work/life balance is a huge plus. Workplace culture is non-existent although they try. Compensation and benefits are seriously lacking industry and location standards
Bedrijfscultuur
Promising company with growing pains
Senior Software Developer (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD8 juni 2017
Total Wine started as a single store run by brothers. It has grown into a 150+ store chain across the country. However, many processes are not quite up to industry standards, and many of the departments are still going through adjustments because of the phenomenal growth. Promising future growth, but there are many things to work on still.
Great Teamwork and Communication
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Sterling, VA4 juni 2017
A typical day at work for me usually includes: stocking beer and wine, assisting customers to find product, and offering assistance to my co-workers as much as possible.

I've learned how to communicate and work as a team here. I also honed my individual work skills here as well. We wear headsets to easily communicate across the store.

Management sees that everyone is happy and their voices heard. If there's a problem, it will get resolved. Management also encourages everyone to do their best and if their best didn't happen, then there will be another day.

The hardest part of my job is when the shipments of our product come in on Tuesdays. It's a lot of product to put away and only about 2-3 of us to do it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers. I listen and learn new things everyday and I love that.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a long term company.
FRONT END TEAM MEMBER (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM1 juni 2017
First off, the environment at first seems ok, especially the customers but the hours they give you and the pay IS NOT WORTH IT. The management just sits around at the front end chit chatting while everyone else works. I can't describe how many times that angered me. Let's not forget the favoritism is RIDICULOUS. Also getting written up for ridiculous things and knowing the managers don't have your back.
Pluspunten
discounts, customers, SOME CO-WORKERS.
PAY, the management.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Not what you are told!
Wine Sales Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Puyallup, WA30 mei 2017
The whole concept is to use a persons good human nature to make their profit! No real scheduling, total lack of respect for any employee who is not part of the management click. Very short or no breaks with very long hours. Total lack of any support, a store the size of a small Wal-Mart, and you will have 1 manager ( doubling as your only cashier, and one other employee covering wine,beer, spirits, tasting table, stocking merchandise, answering the phone, while all the while helping Guests. This would be understandable a store was on occasion short staffed, but this is at most stores because they rarely offer full time, and pay some of the lowest wages of any retailer that can then brag that as a company they have made over a billion in profit , but it,s employees have to get government help to pay their bills. ( Most staff is below Federal Poverty Level ) Total Wine & More should be ashamed of how they make their profit.
Product knowledge
Minpunten
You will be expected to more of everything, without compensation
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Managers are managers of product and not people
Merchandiser Front end (huidige medewerker) –  Tempe, AZ15 mei 2017
The assistant manager in particular has been quoted as saying "I don't work weekends because i'm the scheduler""I only schedule people I like with me"
Pluspunten
samples but cant swallow.
Bad management.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
productive and busy
Merchandiser, Cashier/Stock Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  الإسكندرية8 mei 2017
good work skill,Nice team working, Nice customer service.
All people work competitively and committed. I also love to learn new things especially as the company is most dominating in the Liquor industry.
Pluspunten
discount in the beer and wine
work/ life
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Florida8 mei 2017
the people that i work with are ok. management is not bad at all some are strict but very friendly. if you dont mind working long hours 10- 12 then you would enjoy this job. as for me, i do not enjoy this job at all. i feel like i live at work more than i do at home. i thought there would be a possibility for advancements, but if you do not know anything about wine nor sell the WD products then you can forgot about being promoted.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
educational
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Lewisville, TX7 mei 2017
learned a lot working here. learned about all the different wines and where they come from. some of the work was hard, lifting wine boxes and what not.
good energy
heavy lifting
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great people to work with.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Spokane Valley, WA6 mei 2017
I enjoyed my time with this company. I enjoyed my co workers as well as my customers. Although, there wasn't much movement in advancement for me. I wanted to seek a position outside of jewelry, and this was not the best fit for me.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun, fast paced busy corporate retail environment
HR Generalist (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD5 mei 2017
Great office environment. Free parking, great perks, great place for recent college grads to gain a lot of experience in Marketing, Supply Demand, and communications.
Pluspunten
Company perks and the office environment
Minpunten
None that I can think of
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 3Rapporteren
Great place to work!
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Newport News, VA1 mei 2017
I love my job at TWM! Everyone has respect for each other and we all work together as a team to make our customers happy. It's the best place I've worked so far!
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren