Total Wine & More Reviews

Alle 285 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun place to work
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Arlington, TX20 september 2017
a typical day would be putting up stock, grabbing carts from outside, helping customers with carry outs, and maintaining store cleanliness. the environment is very positive, managers are always willing to help when needed and are always striving to get more employee involvement. on Saturdays we can sometimes wear college shirts for gameday and on busy days managers would get lunch for the employees.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
A day at total wine and more
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Woodbury, MN18 september 2017
A day at total wine, doesn't consist of much. In the beginning of the day clocking in and putting my things in my locker. Going to my register I'm assigned to counting it in and getting my day started with the first customer of the day. I learned a lot working at that job knowing how to sell product from being at the end of sale, being polite, kind and courteous as well as being fast paced.
monthly bonuses, team lunches
short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
The management is usually willing to help quicjly,but there were a couple managers who treated ne very poorly. Staff nice, but competitive.
Wine Consultant/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Boca Raton, FL17 september 2017
It was good to get more experience in the field ,especially with the tastings. I loved that part.
I told them I wanted to be on the selling floor and to do tastings ,but they usually put me on the register., while only a few days on the selling floor.most times I couldn't get help with finding merchandise.I had to struggle.
I got quite a few opportunities to do tastings, and was very happy about that.
Working in industry
Minpunten
Sometimes no help, a few catty people, low pay.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Only really good if you get an invested manager
Front End Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ13 september 2017
Had one manager that was very good, focused on team building and individual goals and development. Transferred stores and now have a manager with no interest in employees, too worried about being friends with people to hold them accountable to their job responsibilities.
Pluspunten
Can make a career out of it if you have a good manager
Minpunten
It isn't dependent on your performance as much as who you know
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
boring
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Cave Creek, AZ10 september 2017
This Place was slow and boring to work at. I was hired as a cashier and worked all over the store because it was busy enough for me to just do my job.
Bedrijfscultuur
decent pay with no experience
Wine Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Greenville, SC7 september 2017
I had a great management team at two stores I worked and I would refer anyone to work there. turnover rate is high for cashiers since that isn't a forever job unless you want to advance with the company. otherwise, there is room for growth if you put your mind to it.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Ok, it is a job
Part Time Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Laurel, MD6 september 2017
Job is OK, its serves it purpose, provides the hours I needed as a student. Typical day requires lots of standing, interacting with customers. Management is ok, I had issues with individual managers but HR resolved those issues.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
For the Love of Wine
Co-Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Laurel, MD4 september 2017
Physical, fast-paced environment. Much emphasis on selling proprietary product. Leadership takes on an old-school mentality. Leadership through fear and intimidation is common.
Pluspunten
Product knowledge, free wine and beer for education.
Minpunten
Poor wages for non-management positions.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Great place to work at.
Cashier, Office Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL31 augustus 2017
I loved to work at Total Wine but they recently switched me to night shift. So, I'm looking for a little more money at a new place and only work the day shift.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 3Rapporteren
Nice people
Facilities Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD25 augustus 2017
The employees there are great. I established some great friendships there. Extreme favoritism in upper management and the turnover ratio is extremely high and the pay scale is terrible for the amount of hours you spend there and the volume of work they're asking you to do...
Pluspunten
Store discounts, team members and location..
Minpunten
Short breaks, pay scale, long hours.
Lazy
Customer Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  North Miami, FL25 augustus 2017
Total Wine have the potential to be a great company to work for depending on Management. The store in North Miami the staff is cool, Management is extremely lazy and just don't care. The more money you spend the more they try to assist you. Spanish workers run the store.
Pluspunten
they make sure you eat. They take care the workers on holidays
Minpunten
Management sucks and they lazy
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Fun Learning
Spirits Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX24 augustus 2017
You will find yourself organizing, cleaning, doing shipment, saling,making labels, doing orders and at times other people jobs. Very relaxed , sometimes demanding ,overrall the weekend is what makes it fun.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Good work environment. Great knowledge
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Florida17 augustus 2017
I never had a problem with an associate or manager, they are very friendly. You learn and even taste a variety of wine, spirits, liqueur and beer on a daily basis. By the way, you can't swallow the alcohol. It's a good work environment.

Recommendations: Manage your delivery more wisely, because every day we have delivery, there is a mess. Unfortunately the store and stockroom doesn't have the space needed for all the products that come in.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
it's retail
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Cherry Hill, NJ16 augustus 2017
A typical day for my position involves a delicate balance between stocking shelves and interacting with customers. I learned how to better manage my time effectively to satisfy both needs. Management isn't 100% terrible, but isn't great either. Workplace culture is mediocre as many of the employees are cool people and enjoyable to be around, but the job itself in uninspiring.
free lunches + nice discount on Winery direct wines
Minpunten
no discount on beer and poor pay scaling
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and productive place to work!
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Silverdale, WA2 augustus 2017
Great place to work! The management team is very responsive to the needs of its employees and customers! There is on-going training which allows for you to say up-to-date on new products and services so that information can be passed onto customers.
Pluspunten
Responsive management team; on-going training
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Toxic Environment
Co-Manager/Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Virginia31 juli 2017
I would pass on Total Wine. It is a temporary place to work if you need it. There is no upward mobility, and rules are not applied evenly across the company. Turnover is roughly 60% for management and wine associates.
Free Wine, Free Lunches
Minpunten
Work/Life, Winery Direct Products, Associate Training, Upward Mobility, Benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun Place to work but be ready for a fight
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Allen, TX20 juli 2017
I have to push for things that were promised during my interview. I like to learn so that is really the only thing holding me there. I feel like if i need something fixed i have to beg and fight for it
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Very productive workplace
Customer Service, Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE17 juli 2017
It's a job! One break 30 mins. If you smoke(cigarettes) you can take about 5 smoke breaks (only 5 mins though). Need better Management and some Management needs to be retrained or trained in all departments so they know knowledge of products and procedures.
Pluspunten
Discounts on wine and free class knowledge on wine and beer plus spirits
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Typical Corporate Madness!!!
Cashier/Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA17 juli 2017
A company that boasts it's profits, and sales numbers should compensate the employees better. There is no advancement potential, as all management is hired from outside of the company. Company spends tons of money on training these people, and neglects the current employees that are already working there. Total lack of respect and understanding of work/life balance. The job requires standing all day, and watching management chit chat while you bust you're back. Always understaffed, and you watch employee after employee leave for a better job. Raises are a joke, and you can forget about the promises you were told when hired. The company has no connection to the back bone of the company (the workers), and it shows with it's high turn over numbers. Look elsewhere, if you are seeking a job with growth potential.
You're co-workers
Minpunten
Management, pay, promotions, work/life balance, etc.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 15Nee 2Rapporteren
Friendly place to work.
Retail -Receiver/Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Union, NJ11 juli 2017
Responsible for all merchandise that is delivered to the company. Duties include cross checking of vendors bill vs store purchase orders. To review cost and quantities of all merchandise.
Day goes by quickly!
Minpunten
Long hours. Never an 8 hour day.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren