Total Wine & More Reviews

Alle 332 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
fun place
Sales/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX18 november 2017
i love it it was great. hopefully i can work somewhere like that again. helping people. and making people feel great!!!!!!!!! I appreciate the opportunity
This was a temporary Christmas 2012 position
Front End Team Member (voormalige medewerker) –  Huntersville, NC16 november 2017
Day was pleasant
Heavy load of physical work for a cashier position
As a cashier the manager expected the cashiers to clean
bathroom and trash bins
I ended up having to load grocery carts outside
Heavy volume of work moving cases of beer and wine through belt at cashier counter
Manager expected me to be on a ladder 30 feet in air loading boxes on shelves, when she knew I did not have medical insurance.
Pluspunten
It was pleasant working with people and helping them with billing transactions at cashier counter
Minpunten
The manager I had was not considerate of safety for someone with no insurance.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
productive work place
Spirits Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL16 november 2017
sold and managed the liquor department, merchandised aisle. stock freight liquor bottles. had to meet sales quota. maintained aisle to company standards
relaxed enviorment
meet sales quota
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
GREAT training, very bad management
Wine and Craft Beer Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Newport News, VA16 november 2017
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my job at Total Wine, but sometimes you quit a job and sometimes you quit a boss. I learned SO MUCH about wine and craft beers, and I would not trade that training for the world... I only wish the managers were more professional and the toxic work environment they create make the job unbearable. Gossip, demeaning verbiage, and unfair treatment (playing favorites) were the normal practice of management. Such a shame, because it would have otherwise been the best job I've ever had.
Training, discounts.
Minpunten
Management, very low pay.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Love my customers
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA14 november 2017
Balance till before start of work, cashier, keep area clean all day, answer phones, stock product on floor, offer new products, sign up new members, balance till at end of day and prepare the deposit.
Pluspunten
Company supplies lunch on weekends
only a 10 min break
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Total Slavery & More
Supervisor Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  South Carolina8 november 2017
Stressful micro management style that demeans all other assistant managers as well as entire staff. .. false sense of team effort as most are over worked already while others that are lazy with no work erihic are allowed to weigh down everyone else. Unrealistic expectations put on team to accomplish overloaded tasks in a short time frame , but still have to attend to all customers. Terrible tracking of inventory and merchandising making it impossible to locate items. Physical demands that would make monkeys go crazy !
Discounts
Minpunten
Hours worked, management style, stressful environment, trickle down negativity from the top down
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 15NeeRapporteren
Great
Cashier/Wine Team Member (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, VA5 november 2017
I had a wonderful experience - coworkers were like family. Great pay, benefits. I have no complaints about my experience working for the company. I would work there again, if I had the opportunity. I now live in a city with no Total Wine stores.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
It was wonderful working for Total WIne
Sales Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Boynton Beach, FL2 november 2017
I really enjoyed working for Total Wine. They were very helpful and always ensured a great company culture. One thing I can say about this company is that the managers were always a pleasure to work with.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 3Rapporteren
great workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Union, NJ1 november 2017
get place to work and many opportunities to advance,friendly environment, great people to work with ,management it good too
safe place to work
most enjoyable part is the wine tasting and selling the wine
Pluspunten
the provide food for you just because or the workers will cook for the whole team
Minpunten
sometimes couldnt clock out on time
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive, good place to work
Warehouse/Transfers (huidige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA1 november 2017
Lots to do, learn about different products.
Can get busy and makes day go faster.
Transfers shipping is good to do, Not overly difficult.

Standing 8 hours can be hard and tiring
Friendly enjoyable atmosphere, good discounts, many knowledgable people to learn from
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Great Store Mgmt./Incompetent Upper Mgmt
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bay Area, CA1 november 2017
They hire non-industry people in upper management with six-figure incomes who know nothing about the wine, craft beer or spirits industry. They assume if you can manage a Wal-Mart or Home Depot, you can manage a wine store. The in-store managers are nice, but their regional managers are grade-A morons.
They are slow to promote from within and would rather hire someone who managed a Foot Locker than move someone with actual industry knowledge into a leadership role.
Benefits are wonderful. Pay is poor unless you're a manager.
They treat wine like a commodity. There's no genuine passion for the product, half of which are labels they buy with exclusive control on and they get for pennies on the dollar and mark up a ton. It's just a commodity to them. They might as well be selling widgets.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
No hope to advance. They hire managers from outside the industry.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11Nee 1Rapporteren
Fast and busy pasted
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC30 oktober 2017
Standing on your for long periods of time, 30 minute break. I would not recommend for anyone. Pay is very low for the amount of work that you do. Management needs alot of work.
30 Minute lunch breaks
Great people
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Greenville, SC27 oktober 2017
Work for total a number of years and it has been at the end of day a great place to work even though it may be stressful at time. I have made some great friends here.
Pluspunten
Free lunches during holiday season
Communication
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 4Rapporteren
Good location.
Taste Tester-cashier/bagger (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL27 oktober 2017
Cashiers also bagged purchases; some intoxicated customers entered store and cashiers had to contact manager; store always busy; all cashiers promoted membership card.
Pluspunten
Part time pay supplement to my teaching career.
Minpunten
Faced paced, liquors & spirits glass breakage expected.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
You have to be a iron man ever day.
Merchandise Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  California25 oktober 2017
Got a merch job not true it was a freight job. I was not there long the job was not the job I said yes too. They need a night crew and there organization was terrible if they new how to properly move weight it would be better. I was expected too move up too 12,000 lbs a day by hand way more then I was told and way more then should be the normal for anyone. For the money there are way better jobs. They need a big back room not stack a mile high on top of the rack super dangerous one bad move and yes big injury. For being a billion dollar company needs so big time help but greed is greed.
Cool customers
Minpunten
Not enough staff, lifting way to much weight
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Total Wine
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Puyallup, WA24 oktober 2017
Total Wine is a fun job! They are great teachers, and there will a lot of learning. Where the product comes from, who makes it, etc... You pour beer at the growler station. They try to teach you most stations around the store, which is nice if somebody calls out. It's a job worth seeking out and trying out!!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Horrible
Front End Team Member (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX16 oktober 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. Management is horrible and always yells at you. They expect you to know everything with NO training. Bad pay and no chance to ever move up in the company.
Some discounts on wine/liquor
No set shifts. always working late. 30 mins lunch break
Workload is stressful
Assistant Store Manager, Human Resource Captain (huidige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL15 oktober 2017
A typical work day is very busy. Always trying to satisfy as many customers as possible while still trying to set aside time to complete necessary duties/functions. There is a slow process for internal promotions.
Wine trips, benefits, perks
pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Was not the right fit for me
Sr. Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Bethesda, MD11 oktober 2017
Executives have their own agendas that are personally motivated. They can get away with treating people with complete disrespect. HR is a toothless kitten that will not help you drive change.
Pluspunten
Loved my coworkers and the projects I got to work on.
Minpunten
Work life balance, no increase for promotion, abusive executives
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Easy place to work
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Spokane, Washington5 oktober 2017
Great company to work for, good benefits, pay could be better considering most people are working in more than one position in the store. The management is pretty good most of the time. The only things are that it is retail so you pretty much have no social life and you can't plan for anything because your hours are never the same. They won't fire people even if they are dead weight because they don't want to have to go through more training for new employees.
Pluspunten
Discounts, flexible, good management.
Minpunten
Short breaks, competitive, no social life.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Total Wine & More. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag