Reviews voor Associate bij Total Wine & More

31 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
wine
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL23 november 2017
I was a wine consutlant and they did compensate with 12 free bottoles of wine every month to rate. There was alot of climbing up and down ladders and getting cases of wine from stock. I learned aolot about wine as they do send you to wine tastings and i did get to meet some winemakers.
free wine
hardly any breaks
Great Store Mgmt./Incompetent Upper Mgmt
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bay Area, CA1 november 2017
They hire non-industry people in upper management with six-figure incomes who know nothing about the wine, craft beer or spirits industry. They assume if you can manage a Wal-Mart or Home Depot, you can manage a wine store. The in-store managers are nice, but their regional managers are grade-A morons.
They are slow to promote from within and would rather hire someone who managed a Foot Locker than move someone with actual industry knowledge into a leadership role.
Benefits are wonderful. Pay is poor unless you're a manager.
They treat wine like a commodity. There's no genuine passion for the product, half of which are labels they buy with exclusive control on and they get for pennies on the dollar and mark up a ton. It's just a commodity to them. They might as well be selling widgets.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
No hope to advance. They hire managers from outside the industry.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Easy place to work
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Spokane, Washington5 oktober 2017
Great company to work for, good benefits, pay could be better considering most people are working in more than one position in the store. The management is pretty good most of the time. The only things are that it is retail so you pretty much have no social life and you can't plan for anything because your hours are never the same. They won't fire people even if they are dead weight because they don't want to have to go through more training for new employees.
Pluspunten
Discounts, flexible, good management.
Minpunten
Short breaks, competitive, no social life.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Fun Learning
Spirits Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX24 augustus 2017
You will find yourself organizing, cleaning, doing shipment, saling,making labels, doing orders and at times other people jobs. Very relaxed , sometimes demanding ,overrall the weekend is what makes it fun.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun Place to work but be ready for a fight
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Allen, TX20 juli 2017
I have to push for things that were promised during my interview. I like to learn so that is really the only thing holding me there. I feel like if i need something fixed i have to beg and fight for it
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place but empty promise in advancement
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX9 juli 2017
Fun place to work if you are a sales driven individual with more energy than a hamster on cocaine. The best part of the whole company is the education. I learned more at this job in one year than i did in my entire 5 years at a previous job. For the most part management is good at the store level. Regionally, however they are more disconnected and don't understand the needs of the employees. There is a lot of miscommunication and some kinks to be worked out in HR. Hardest part is moving up and most enjoyable is the experience and the education
Pluspunten
very giving company, great education and fun environment
Minpunten
bad communication, and no clear advancement oppurtunities within the company
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Always on the move.
Spirits Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE23 juni 2017
This is retail at its best. Tremendous amount of customer interaction. Need to be willing to engage customers and make recommendations with knowledge to back it up.
Pluspunten
A lot of employee fun days
Minpunten
Long hours and short breaks
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work, but flexibility required
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  NC23 juni 2017
Great job but need to be available when they say. Some degree of flex is allowed. Opportunities for promotion are available if persistent. Wine discounts and education is fantastic.
Pluspunten
Discounts on wine, wine education is top notch
Minpunten
Have kids and want to work full time? Wont be the easiest...
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and productive part-time job.
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Union, NJ19 juni 2017
Awesome job to work at to gain customer service skills as well as sale tactics skills. Management is great and extremely informative. Great atmosphere, Decent pay for a retail job and awesome discounts. Total wine and more is a great part-time job!
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Great place to work!
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Newport News, VA1 mei 2017
I love my job at TWM! Everyone has respect for each other and we all work together as a team to make our customers happy. It's the best place I've worked so far!
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoyed atmosphere and opportunities to learn more
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Greenville, SC18 april 2017
Enjoyed my working with my employees and the amount of information to learn more about every product was available. The downside was that there was no room for advancement and the pay was very minimal for the amount of work put in,
Pluspunten
good discounts on products in store
no opportunities for advancement
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Wine Associate
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Sterling, VA15 maart 2017
On a typical day, wine is pulled from the overhead and stocked on the shelves. Web Orders are processed for online orders. Point of Sale is done by all. Tastings are conducted on Friday and Saturday. The delivery truck comes each Tuesday and new product is stocked on the shelves or stored in the overhead
Product discount
Minpunten
The strategy was changed so that all employees have the same job
productive and fun environment
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Roseville, MN19 januari 2017
learning about the many different wines and where they came from was a fascinating and fun experience. The environment is fast paced and the people who work their are helpful and nice.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work. Too much turnover in management, though.
Spirits Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA29 december 2016
Very fun place to work. The schedule is flexible and the staff is really energetic and amiable. However, the store I worked at had 4 store managers in two years, not counting Assistant Manager turnover as well. The new managers encouraged some of the more tenured staff to quit in order to hire people from the new managers former jobs.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
For a part-time college job it was great
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL9 december 2016
Good store, good company, they actually seem to care about their employees and take really good care of them.
I remember working over the Holidays and every day there was a catered lunch for the staff paid for by the company because they knew it was just a particularly busy and exhausting time.
Lots of room for careers, too, if you're into liquor as a lifestyle.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
best selection of wines, great cooworkers
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Laurel, MD5 december 2016
Fun place to work and learn about wine. Wine dinner events took place periodically, so as a wine associate, you could attend them.
Pluspunten
wine dinner events, massive selection of wines
mediocre employee discount
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Definitely has its ups and down
Wine Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Town and Country, MO22 juni 2016
I recently worked for this company & I must say it was a bit different. There are way too many managers working under one roof and they tend to not pay much attention to the employees. I felt working here my opinion was not important unless it made the store money. They constantly scheduled me to close and when asked why, they'd say "some employees just need to do better." Not very manger like if you'd ask me. I just did not feel like I was a part of the store. There is some good that came out of being there however. We got free cases of wine, always tried new product , & during the holidays the free lunch was awesome. Besides that the customers were amazing and they made the job worth it at the time.
Pluspunten
Customers, food, and self satisfaction
Minpunten
Always felt belittled, & they do not consider your life outside of work unless you're a manager
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 19Nee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
long hours, medium pay, MIS issues
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Gilbert, AZ21 mei 2016
long hours on your feet, pay is above average for retail, no commission, floors are hard and hurt your back. training is good and staff is supportive
Pluspunten
great discounts, great knowledge base
short breaks, punishing hours
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5Nee 2Rapporteren
Fun And social envormiment
Wine/Sprits Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Tustin, CA4 mei 2016
Total wine is a Hub for tastings planning and hard work.
Taking care of the customers is our number 1 Goal, with keeping product on the shelves and being knowledgeable about the product. Plus having recommendations for new ideas, so customer will have other options.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 6Rapporteren
Typical Retail Environment
Wine Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Puyallup, WA16 augustus 2015
There is opportunities to advance if you intend to make retail your career. Compensation is competitive for associates, however is not ideal for management who are required to work 50 hours a week.
Pluspunten
Free Lunch on peak times, free wine, and good discounts.
Minpunten
Almost Non-exsistant breaks and long shifts.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 15Nee 1Rapporteren