Reviews voor Merchandiser bij Total Wine & More

39 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 332 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Its ok
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE19 april 2018
Management tries hard to work with what they have to make your job easier. The jobs are physically demanding and performance is always expected. Breaks too short.
Knowledge
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
One of the best jobs I have had
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX24 maart 2018
The people in that environment are the best as the managers will help you throughout the day if you need it. Coworkers are easy going and great to wrok with, giving you the feeling of a good day to work.
Pluspunten
Free lunches and other things
A bit of micro managing
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Poor management
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM20 februari 2018
The scheduling was completely random, with little regard for personal time. Management was incompetent, they would rarely help with tasks and provided almost no on the job training. The attitude was basically "Figure it out yourself". I remember around 7 employees quitting within two months and they all had similar complaints. Also, I never received a pay raise that was promised in my interview. I cannot recommend this company in good faith. I think this could be a good place to work if the management changed. Maybe give more than a 30 minute break for 10+ hour shifts, and provide a uniform with more breathable fabric for merchandisers.
Pluspunten
Management was usually good about granting requested days off.
Minpunten
Poor management, no set scheduling of any kind.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to learn about wine & sprits
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Folsom, CA28 januari 2018
I love the fast past environment and the beauty of working in a new store and launching a great kick off to the new start of the Folsom store it was a blast
Learning potential
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Plano, TX13 december 2017
Fun company to work at for the most part. Monthly team engagements helped unite us as a team. They offer classes for certifications in Wine, Beer and Spirits.
Fun, supportive team
Work-life balance almost non-existent
Total Wine
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Puyallup, WA24 oktober 2017
Total Wine is a fun job! They are great teachers, and there will a lot of learning. Where the product comes from, who makes it, etc... You pour beer at the growler station. They try to teach you most stations around the store, which is nice if somebody calls out. It's a job worth seeking out and trying out!!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun place to work
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Arlington, TX20 september 2017
a typical day would be putting up stock, grabbing carts from outside, helping customers with carry outs, and maintaining store cleanliness. the environment is very positive, managers are always willing to help when needed and are always striving to get more employee involvement. on Saturdays we can sometimes wear college shirts for gameday and on busy days managers would get lunch for the employees.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Good work environment. Great knowledge
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Florida17 augustus 2017
I never had a problem with an associate or manager, they are very friendly. You learn and even taste a variety of wine, spirits, liqueur and beer on a daily basis. By the way, you can't swallow the alcohol. It's a good work environment.

Recommendations: Manage your delivery more wisely, because every day we have delivery, there is a mess. Unfortunately the store and stockroom doesn't have the space needed for all the products that come in.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
it's retail
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Cherry Hill, NJ16 augustus 2017
A typical day for my position involves a delicate balance between stocking shelves and interacting with customers. I learned how to better manage my time effectively to satisfy both needs. Management isn't 100% terrible, but isn't great either. Workplace culture is mediocre as many of the employees are cool people and enjoyable to be around, but the job itself in uninspiring.
free lunches + nice discount on Winery direct wines
Minpunten
no discount on beer and poor pay scaling
Bedrijfscultuur
Nice place and outstanding colleagues.
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Sandy Springs, GA18 juni 2017
Total Wine & More is an American beverage chain store which has more than 150 locations over the United States. I decided to work there because I believed there are more knowledge I can learn other than beverage.
Pluspunten
Nice work environment, flexible schedule.
low pay
Great Teamwork and Communication
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Sterling, VA4 juni 2017
A typical day at work for me usually includes: stocking beer and wine, assisting customers to find product, and offering assistance to my co-workers as much as possible.

I've learned how to communicate and work as a team here. I also honed my individual work skills here as well. We wear headsets to easily communicate across the store.

Management sees that everyone is happy and their voices heard. If there's a problem, it will get resolved. Management also encourages everyone to do their best and if their best didn't happen, then there will be another day.

The hardest part of my job is when the shipments of our product come in on Tuesdays. It's a lot of product to put away and only about 2-3 of us to do it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers. I listen and learn new things everyday and I love that.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
educational
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Lewisville, TX7 mei 2017
learned a lot working here. learned about all the different wines and where they come from. some of the work was hard, lifting wine boxes and what not.
good energy
heavy lifting
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
fun workplace
merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Brandon, FL25 april 2017
it's a nice and fun place to work if you don't mind working 10 or 12 hour shifts other than that its a great place to you will enjoy it if you like meeting new people everyday and trying different liquors and wines
Pluspunten
free lunch everynow and then
long shifts short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work at short term
Merchandiser/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Laurel, MD25 april 2017
Worked there for 2 year and averaged 60-70 hours a week. Once I started college I was dropped to 5-10 hours a week. Management did not care about doctor appointment or surprised life issues that occurred. Just a typical manager style run place. No leadership ability what so ever.

Everyone is cross trained without raises. If the manager has a favorite which is mainly females you only get a10 cent raise a YEAR. No advancement opportunities.
Money and some coworkers
Minpunten
Management, lack of stability, favoritism.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
fun place to work
Seasonal Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  West Orange, NJ5 april 2017
They need to work on communication among employees but overall this is a great place to work. The place is very diverse and every body respects each other. Managers was cool expect for one manager who was very disrespectful. You learn about about wine beer and spirits and you gain great team work skill here.
Pluspunten
free lunch on real busy days or when we reach a high enough sell percentage
no 15 min breaks
Cool place to work for.
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  McLean, VA15 februari 2017
I've been with the company for 6 years, and as much as I love it, I am looking to move into a sales representative position for a brewery or distributor.
Pluspunten
Work with beer, wine, and spirits
Standard retail
Bedrijfscultuur
Assimilating information about different wines and what best suited the customers interest
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  West Orange, NJ20 oktober 2016
I found this job very interesting due to the fact that I learned about different wines that I never knew of and how they corresponded with particular foods to leave you in aw....I've learned that red wine goes with red meats, and white wines goes with everything else...lol...simplicity at it's best, reigning to be truth according to the ethics of compatibility, in regards to wine. On the weekends I liked to taste test, validating the varieties, whether confirmed to be a bitter or sweet.
Free Gift Cards
Minpunten
When a customer left unsatisfied
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and good communication among staff
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Claymont, DE2 oktober 2016
The typical work day is fairly tiring but productive. The staff is friendly and willing to help on projects if needed. Teamwork is a big part of the job. The management is fair and open to ideas. The were really no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable of the job was working aside co workers.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Fast paced, Sporadic Scheduling
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Bellevue, WA14 april 2016
Its a fast paced job. Typically when clocking in during the mornings, Pull Lists are given to each employee so that they may restock shelves that were low with product from previous day. Merchandisers then were given projects to work on throughout the rest of their shift. Projects included setting up displays, assisting customers, retrieving products for customers, moving merchandise around the store, etc. Being a team player is very key. Communication is an important part of the job so all merchandisers know whats going on around the store. Co-workers were very competent. Always willing to lend a helping hand or advice when needed. Management was very kind and fair. When a project took longer than expected, they were very understanding. The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy items for the whole duration of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being kept busy. Its hard to be bored when you're always kept moving.
Pluspunten
occasional free lunch for whole staff, kept busy, constantly moving
Minpunten
Scheduling is very sporadic. Some days are only 4 hour shifts, others are as high as 12
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12Nee 4Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Laborious and humiliating work for minimum wage
Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO8 januari 2016
This company is a constant reminder of why people hate big business. These are the things to consider, which you should carefully and consciously focus on if you have any type of financial responsibilities. Low wages, minimum hours, and a dysfunctional team environment. Now, If that sounds like something you're willing to play against the odds, you're a perfect fit! Performance means nothing and employees are not the emphasis of the infrastructure. Unless you're desperate and you're really in a financial constraint, RUN! Don't walk, RUN!
30% discount
Read the review
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 34Nee 4Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Total Wine & More. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag