UCB Employee Review

Great company in general, let down by a few bad apples

16 January 2018
Whilst there are some extremely dedicated and professional employees, In the IT Dept - there are some less than savoury characters in management positions - which have been allowed manage their teams with intimidation and a certain level of maliciousness.
The company does have a great focus on Patients and bringing solutions and cures that can significantly improve their quality of life.

At management level there was quite a high level of meetings, which were not always that productive.

There is not really an open culture of communication, speaking the truth or giving your opinion to the wrong person - could easily land you in trouble.

Most people are afraid to speak out because they have seen what happens to individuals that do so.

I can not be sure, but I think that departments outside of IT, might not have the same bad management issues.
3,0
4,0
2,0
Pros
Good employment package
Cons
Weak senior management and HR functions, for dealing with rogue managers
10 August 2020
Principle Scientist (Former Employee) - Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium
At the time I was working at UCB, it was a confusing time with multiple re-organizations and strong-willed managers without much management skills. Colleagues were demotivated, stressed, and burned out. Things turned for worse when I came back from a maternity leave. Nobody new how to deal with the situation. I hope things are better now, but if I had to rate the company from my experience at that time, I wouldn't recommend it unless you just need a well-paying job in Belgium for personal reasons.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
toxic work environment
11 August 2020
We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear of your experience. We take all reviews seriously and will use your feedback to inform and improve employee satisfaction moving forward.
1,0
7 May 2020
Guignol (Former Employee) - Bruxelles
Faut pas y aller c'est une boîte minable qui traitent les gens comme des chien
8 May 2020
Merci pour votre retour. Nous sommes attristés d'apprendre votre expérience insatisfaisante. Nous serons sûrs d'inclure vos commentaires car nous nous efforçons de créer un environnement de travail positif pour tous nos employés.
5,0
1 April 2020
HR Director (Former Employee) - Braine-l'Alleud
Culture collaborative favorisant la prise de responsabilité
Entreprise qui encourage la prise de risque et le travail collaboratif qui reconnait les talents et favorise leur éclosion .
2 April 2020
Merci d'avoir pris le temps de nous faire part de vos commentaires. Nous garderons à l'esprit votre évaluation alors que nous continuons d'évaluer la satisfaction des employés d'UCB.