United Nations Reviews

Alle 678 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a workplace, just a club
Head Delegate & Chief of Staff, Model (voormalige medewerker) –  Cross River, NY16 september 2019
Model United Nations is a really awesome organization where you get to practice your debate skills, public speaking skills and research skills. You also get to solve international problems.
Highly Productive Environment
Refugee Trainer/Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY15 september 2019
Work to enhance the lives of people, alleviating poverty in the rural communities, educating the masses through implementation of the millennium development goals.
3,0
no review
Public Information Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY12 september 2019
The UN is a good place to work for its stability, but be ready to deal with crushing bureaucracy. The cast system in its staff grades also makes career advancement virtually impossible for G-level staff staff, many of whom preform jobs equal to their P-level colleagues. My number one advice to anyone apply to the UN is to avoid accepting a G-level position at all costs.
Interesting but exhausting
Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  New York City9 september 2019
The United Nations is a big International Organization. I personally worked as an intern for the Permanent Mission of Greece to the United Nations so my experience has more to do with diplomatic service rather than the Administration of the UN.
A work in cultural Diversity
Fire Marshal (voormalige medewerker) –  Democratic Republic of Congo5 september 2019
UN is the best and wonderful place to work with, full of different people from different cultural backgrounds whocome together with a common purpose and goal to save Humanity at all costs.
Pluspunten
Good pay to meet your daily needs
NON
Bedrijfscultuur
Ambiente di lavoro volto alla cooperazione di gruppo
Delegato (voormalige medewerker) –  New York4 september 2019
Grazie a questa piacevole esperienza, ho avuto modo di conoscere l'ambiente lavorativo in una delle strutture più importanti del mondo, l'ONU. Nelle varie giornate di lavoro pratico- simulativo, le attività da svolgere erano molteplici, dal confronto con i vari Stati membri ai problem- solving, affrontando dunque i maggiori temi e problemi di natura economica, politica e sociale.
Knowledge Enhancement and Job security
Data Analyst/Data Modeler (voormalige medewerker) –  Beira, Mozambique29 augustus 2019
It was very interesting in working for UNWFP, as you get to learn how the multiple levels of supply chain works up to the end consumer level in the smallest details.
However , the only drawback was the job security as all Mozambique staff were given short term (3 months contract) with no guarantee of renewal. Alhough the project was longer then 3 years, some of the staff members had already been with UNWFP for more then 5 years on these 3 short term contract.
Pluspunten
You learn a lot about redistribution supply chain down to consumer level
no job security
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun workplace. a great deal of translation, writing digests and media reports for senior staff. great place to work for.
media monitoring and writing a press digest. (voormalige medewerker) –  Sudan28 augustus 2019
intensive media monitoring and translation. great opportunity to grow professionally. no hard part,
it was great working the UN in Darfur.
it was a lot of fun to write media digest for the senior staff and other UN agencies.
Bedrijfscultuur
Global Foundation for Development and Democracy (Day to Day)
Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Manhattan, NY24 augustus 2019
Provided support to the Directors in all aspects of the GFDD programs and initiatives. Researched on events related to the Dominican Diaspora and participated.
Great place to work at
First Secretary, Accounts (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY17 augustus 2019
I have enjoyed the work environment and culture here. It's all smiles all the time. I would always recommend people to apply as much as possible and work for the UN
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
An Outstanding Organisation to work for.
United Nations Security Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY17 augustus 2019
Wherever the place of duty was, it was a place to work as part of the UN Family.

There is no other place on planet Earth better than United Nations Orgnization to work for as an employee.

UN is UN!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Great learning esperience
Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY14 augustus 2019
I have to admit that I learned a lot there and I met great people. It is an exclusive environment and not everyone gets to be at that high a level. I also worked on great projects.

However, I was an intern and I was not getting paid. That simply sucks, especially it is in Manhattan, transportation and food are expensive so unless you are wealthy, this will be taxing. Based on what I learned, Member states are the ones who still do not allow interns to be paid, I could be wrong, but that's what I heard.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
1,0
Self development.
Logistics Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  African countries14 augustus 2019
Full filling a day work with UN gives me a satisfaction since every move, every plans, decisions comprises a great contribution to the country and to the people as well. You will learn to love the people you are working with, learning their culture and tradition is one big step of respecting them.
Bedrijfscultuur
There are no typical days at UNICEF
Executive Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY13 augustus 2019
At UNICEF they deal with life and death situations as we have over 190 country offices all over the world. Headquarters is in NYC and we support all the country offices.

There are no typical days at UNICEF. Most of the work we do is confidential.
We deal with Girls Education; Water Cleanup; HIV and AIDS; Nutrition; Child Protection; Migration, etc.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Rewarding experience
Volunteer (huidige medewerker) –  Remote10 augustus 2019
Nice experience as a remote volunteer. I learned a lot on the project. the project managers are very present and supportive. Collaborative environment of work.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good experience working with the UN
ICT Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Gambia9 augustus 2019
I had a good experience working with the UN and my manager was very supportive through out my contract period. The pay was very good and very timely. They are very appreciative of hardworking people
Meaningful job
Humanitarian Affairs (voormalige medewerker) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 augustus 2019
Meaningful job. If you like challenges and you like helping people in need than this is for you. The colleagues are nice and very motivated to help others.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Workplace culture
Finance Assistant/ Adminitrative assistsnt (voormalige medewerker) –  Port au prince4 augustus 2019
It a best company for people to work, great benefits, teamwork excellent, you have possibly to learn and gwoth in your career and they give all you need for your as to be successfully.
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent job security and a great learning and development organisation.
Administrative Assistant/Facilities Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  United Nations Headquarters. Room AB-1123B3 augustus 2019
Learned through the job. Great work flexibility that can enable one to take further studies. Room for cross continental interactiveness, and the ability to learn multi cultural, multiethnic characteristics of the multi racial environment.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Professional
Senior SharePoint/Web Developer, UNDP (voormalige medewerker) –  UNOCA Compound2 augustus 2019
Working for United Nations Development Program was a great experience and I learned allot from my employment with UNDP
I got extensive experience of how United Nations operates and business process
Professional Environment
No cons
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United Nations. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag