United Nations Reviews

Alle 563 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
I was wowed working there
Sous Chef (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY14 november 2018
Cooking for the heads of different country of the world, I have learned skills that improved my professional viewpoint in receipt from every nation on the planet, my compassion and respect for other culture have put me on a higher level in flavor influencing from peeking at other national palets. But 911 happen and I was station, in the heart of "ground zero", training disaster relief workers from parts of our nation, updated them on new york city food sanitation procedures.
I LOVED NEW ASSIGHMENT
Minpunten
SOMETIME I DID NOT GO HOME, ALL THE COMFORT OF HOME WAS GIVING BY THE SALVATION ARMY.
Productive and political
Administrator for Nonprofit Organizations (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY13 november 2018
Unpredictable
Lack of motivation because management could use some improvements
Most colleagues are very friendly and some are quiet in their daily routines
graduate internship
PROJECT COORDINATOR (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY13 november 2018
planned meetings, programs, answered emails, coordinated with other interns, attended meetings at the HQ in NYC listened to presentations and wrote reports.
Bedrijfscultuur
Contributed much to peace and human development in all the areas of Operation.
Heavy duty Vehicle Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Monrovia Liberia8 november 2018
Always start my day on normal working time at times earlier depending on operational requirements, learned to manage time and self supervision, managed, planned and priotised my tasks well.
Team work, communication, showing respect to others, leading by example, good listener, technological awareness, taking and receiving intructions from my supervisors all this exbited at the work place.
Exploring of new work environment, changing life style, climate change at times subjected to extreme and humid temperatures, remoteness has been one of the hardest part of the job.
Moved and travelled, discovered new places, met people of different cultures and back ground. Enjoyed the diplomatic and treatment while on international travels on some airports as a UN staff. Many times facilitation of personal needs and security have been provided making the working environment enjoyable and the job.
Great organization
Information Technology Analyst/ Desktop Support (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY8 november 2018
This is a great organization who offers amazing benefits to all employees. The work lifestyle is also great with amazing colleagues that encourages you to strive for the best.
Bedrijfscultuur
It was great working for the UN. Great deal of opportunities to travel and work with people of different backgrounds. Challenging career
Policy Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Nairobi Kenya and Mogadishu, Somalia7 november 2018
The UN Organization is huge. Therefore, it has its own beauracy which often leads to inefficiencies and misappropriation of donor funds. The organization has also transparency issues. In particular, in fragile and conflict-effected states, the UN mission is loosely followed.
Pluspunten
Great Opporunitiny to experience the World.
Minpunten
Too many travel time and less time for familiy and loved ones.
Excellent employment place
Conference Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY7 november 2018
Excellent co-workers, job culture and management is supportive, approachable and easy to work with. Compensation and benefits are comparable to the best-paid companies in the country. I enjoyed my time working at the United Nations. A typical workday is full of challenges; meeting interesting personalities and dignitaries and making split-second decisions on very important issues.
Logistics manager
Logistics Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Kano, Nigeria1 november 2018
I was exposed to a leadership role. This position also helped me travel through northern Nigeria. It made me more ethical, especially with the condition of the job. I had to monitor supplies of wheat grains and make sure they had the right quantity.
Bedrijfscultuur
become effective employee with all potentials & capabilities
Heavy vehicle Technician (huidige medewerker) –  DRC CONGO SOUTH KIVU30 oktober 2018
During my typical day, i'm responsible for overseeing my team as they progress on various repair & maintenance of the vehicle & heavy equipment machines.
I learned interpersonal skills, problem solving,team work & self confidence at work.
The hardest part of the job is when their is sufficient spare parts to fix the vehicle.
Heavy vehicle technician
12 hours
Great International Learning Experience
Property Managment Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Bangui26 oktober 2018
I have been with the UN for close to 4 years now and have enjoyed working in an international environment. During there 4 years I have been presented with ample opportunities to learn and improve as a person and a professional. The hardest part of the job is living in the mission area where life condition are hard, but it is all worth it thanks to the experience received. I have enjoyed meeting new people, learning with each passing day and being given the opportunity to work with different sections in the organization.
Learning opportunities
Mission life
Interesting work
Human Resource Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY18 oktober 2018
People need reasons to communicate, and you will find it at the UN.
Interesting people to work with and round. Building has a great view, if you live in the neighborhood that is a pro.
The view
The travel
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Was a volunteer event
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Myers, FL18 oktober 2018
This event is hosted once a year at Florida Gulf Coast and I helped to keep the event running smoothly. I brought papers all over campus to prevent the leaders from having to leave the rooms
Free lunch
N/A
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
fast paced work environment
Internship (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY18 oktober 2018
-Researched using the United Nations resolutions database for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, and Human Rights
-Attended various meetings and took notes on topics
Bedrijfscultuur
maximun effort to bring out my best
Movement Control Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Democratic republic of Congo18 oktober 2018
When given opportunity, I will do my possible best to raise the image of the company in my own way. I will also encourage my good colleagues to much up with task ahead of each one in the company.
if possible
Minpunten
Long working hour is a goo idea to increase productivity
Experience at United Nations
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY16 oktober 2018
The United Nations is a fantastic and exciting place to work.
There is the opportunity to move from one job to another i.e. different fields of employment.
There is the opportunity to work with people from all over the work and meet with movie stars who are ambassadors for the U.N. and UNICEF.
You also meet many heads of States and get to be present for meetings where the futures of various countries is being discussed.
Then for those who want to go further, you could apply to go on missions all over the world as well as be transferred to other U.N. offices all the world.
There really is no hard part of working in the U.N. As long as you are a hard and dedicated worker, it should be fine. When there is the General Assembly meetings the security is extremely tight because of the presence of world leaders.
Management differs from office to office but in general if you are prepared to work hard and put in the extra mile, everything is fine. Work colleagues are generally good but there Is no real time for associating with colleagues on the job because of the volume of work.
However there are special occasions for assembling informally and staff enjoy those when they occur.
This organization is truly an international one and its name really describes the organization - United Nations.
Pluspunten
health benefits and pension packages
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Daily duties
Protection Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY15 oktober 2018
My work day at the United Nations varied quite often, however, the majority consists of personal protection for dignitaries, managing a team of 6+ personnel, conducting route assessments, monitoring CCTV, maintaining dignitary schedules, ensuring that equipment is operational, coordinating with security personnel at visiting sites, completing daily reports and movements. I have learned the importance of professionalism and customer satisfaction. Additionally, my ability to understand and adapt with different cultures and language barriers within the United Nations.

The most challenging part of the job is the language barrier and hardship environments. My limited knowledge in foreign languages and the security personnel that I worked with having a minimal knowledge of English. Thus, causing difficulty in communications, however, I made it a point to learn important words in the specific language and to communicate effectively by actions. At times, being deployed in areas that require a strong mentality and harsh environments would take a small amount of time to adjust and adapt. Nonetheless, these cases make you stronger and more effective in decision making and appreciating what you have.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge of working with the various cultures and nationalities. Furthermore, the excitement of traveling and learning different techniques from the International staff that I worked with. And, the experience of working in a team environment. I have thoroughly enjoyed working in the various environments and the opportunities the United Nations
  meer... has offered me. It is an honor and privilege to work with such a prestigious organization.  minder
Pluspunten
variety, excitement, opportunity, teamwork, integrity
Minpunten
language barriers and at times hardship environments
Bedrijfscultuur
I thoroughly enjoy working for the United Nations. I've had the opportunity to work on global issues such as climate change, work which is meaningful
Copyeditor/editor (voormalige medewerker) –  Roma, Lazio10 oktober 2018
The UN is a special place. Aside from the challenging work, I've met more people than not who have high standards and integrity. Unfortunately, many of the positions are dependent on funding.
Bedrijfscultuur
it is a competitive and enjoyable working environment
Program Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Cambodia8 oktober 2018
A typical day at work is very dynamic with opportunities to mingle with the beneficiaries of the programs. The work place culture is cut-throat. The hardest part of the job is constant traveling to the rural areas which are unsafe with bad roads.
good benefits
Minpunten
too much traveling to the job sites
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent organization to work in
INTERN AT FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORANISATIONS (voormalige medewerker) –  pakistan8 oktober 2018
Constant growth, change, and upward momentum. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills as well as my personal life.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Thuethday
Senior Social Worker- Child Protection (voormalige medewerker) –  Iraq4 oktober 2018
the typical it is default I got more experience's and how I can management staff and culture deferent hard day Sunday the enjoyable part if you making self care
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United Nations. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag