United States Postal Service
Information from United States Postal Service:

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Showing all 26.270 reviews
3,0
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
5,0
This place seems to be an environment with diverse culture. I would say the work as a mail handler is probably the most challenging jobs I have ever come across, and that depends on the workload or the area. As a mail handler expect body aches everyday being at home after a heavy workload. Everyday seems to be a challenge being a mail handler but the benefits are worth it being a full time career employee.
Pros
There are wending machines to get foods.
Cons
Breaks are fifteen minutes or less.
4,0
not the same usps i started at in 1987 do give decent holidays especially xmas a lot of overtime because skeleton crew do not practice safety for corona will give mask and gloves and shield but no social distancing managemant has fallen into a terrible jam not their fault 1st class mail dying off will kill it in less tan 10 yrs most will be amazon,stichix private cos like that unless gov't stops meddling in their finances the gov't mandates they prefund pensions 75 yrs ahead no other co in us has to.
Pros
maintenance
Cons
mail processing
1,0
This office is very unwelcoming. Everyone there is overworked and as a result very unhappy. Most are all about gossip and the post master is unprofessional. I had high hopes for this job and am very disappointed
Pros
Postal vehicle provided
Cons
Everyone is mean
2,0
You need to be familiar with dysfunction to survive the postal environment. The money is there but if you stay long enough you will end up losing yourself to survival strategies. Id recommend this job to someone who's down bad, needing fast money. Get in and get out.
Pros
Lots of hours
1,0
No weekends and if you have kids you will not have time for them and you is treated like trash plus the managers and supervisors think there better than you.
3,0
This job just like any other Job is what you make it. Hours can be long due to being under staffed . Pay is good , If you're looking for an organized work place this is NOT IT! Most of MGT sucks .
Pros
pay
Cons
no benefits, micro management
4,0
Not too bad. I would recommend working for the USPS. Becoming a career employee and getting the GOOD benefits can take years unless you are working in an area that is developing meaning getting new houses or businesses. You could be working for 12 days straight or more. Paid bi-weekly. Like I said before Not too bad.
Pros
Benefits after you become a career employee
Cons
could take years to become a career employee
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are 18.56 an hour and 65 cents a mile

Collaboration with my colleagues at United States Postal Service is smooth. Most people are willing to help you.

Overall

My experience working at United States Postal Service is a very positive one.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United States Postal Service?
2,0
Overworked and underpaid. Hourly pay is not worth the wear and tear on your body. In order to receive a decent paycheck overtime is a must. That’s not good.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked
2,0
I’ve always wanted to work at the PO USPS but seeing that they only care about getting the mail out and not really listening or caring about your needs it’sa difficult place to work.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Everyday mandatory IT
Work-life balance
There is zero work life balance

Overall

The pay is wonderful, but the hours were God awful. You will work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, so if you have a family or want a life outside of work, the job is not for you. Management doesn’t care about employees. If you get sick and even physically throw up in the building, if you think you’re going to leave, you’re fired. You’re just a number to them and it sucks, because fellow employees were all nice and helpful. The job itself is easy, but you will hurt. It’s very physically demanding. They offer decent breaks and have a nice lunch room. Like I said, the money is nice, but time with your family trumps the money imo.
1,0
I would have liked my job had the management not been so negative and condescending. It is a VERY physically demanding job and all they do is push you to go faster. They don't care one bit about your safety or well being. Got injured and had no insurance because they don't offer it until you get on a Regular route. Then I got turned down for Worker's Compensation to fix my injured shoulder. It is a nightmare place to work. You have to purchase your own work vehicle before you even start the job. It is a dead end. Don't do it.
Pros
Decent hourly wage
Cons
Too many to list.
4,0
No regards for people they talk to you if you owe them a favor for being there. Changes your schedule to accommodate others at last min. Play favouritism allot.
Pros
Good pay
4,0
Great company to work for, but not the best for a home/work balance. Most positions start off at part time with no benefits, it takes time to become a career employee.
1,0
Pros: Great people to work with. The carriers want you to succeed.

Cons: Management treats you like a number. They expect unattainable numbers. Work 10-12 hours per day. Also weekends and holidays are mandatory. Very poor training once you arrive at your home office. Especially on routes.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Way to many to list.
4,0
Very demanding physical work daily in certain positions of the post office, I would suggest wearing proper work gear always! Back brace as well as proper foot wear always.
3,0
I’m glad I no longer work at the USPS. I did not feel appreciated and management concentrated more on watching me minute by minute rather than take care of customers and their needs!
2,0
My experience working with USPS began with a whirlwind of excitement. Attaining employment with a long trusted agency of the federal government was long sought after. Not long (less than 30 days) into my postal career, were the inefficiencies exposed. Incompetent and lazy management team. Unmotivated front line staff, side deals to take care of the same employees at the behest of their peers, degradation of the processing and delivery of the mail. Most postal employees in the installation I was employed in remained discontent with the constant belittling of their quality of work. Management remained largely tone deaf to the concerns of the front line. Benefits were the key to the position, and your peers become your allies on the job.
1,0
This company is a joke the lady who works at this location is nothing but a nark if you tell her anything she turns you in and makes you get in trouble. My boss could care less as long as the work gets done.The people treats you really bad thats why I had to leave.
Pros
nothing
Cons
watch your back and what you say
1,0
As a letter carrier I have to deal with other carriers and also management on a daily basis. Neither know how to work with others. The expectations are way too high for the conditions of the workplace during the pandemic. Employees have been denied hazard pay from working during COVID.
Pros
Benefits and decent pay without degree
Cons
Short breaks, high expectations regarding times to be done.