United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 17.202 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
coworkers keep the job fun
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Murrieta, CA15 oktober 2018
fun and exciting place to work, but you must be strong and calm to deal with the stress of the workplace. your customers keep you going and give you appreciation
good benefits
Minpunten
takes to long to move up
Good benefits
Supervisor, Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Potomac, MD15 oktober 2018
It paid the bills. I was there for 22 years. I had to walk away. The union sucks.
I carried mail for 16 years and the went over to Managemen. The worst thing I could have ever done. I wanted to go back to carry mail they told me I could not. So I got tired of the mess and I quit with no hesitation.
Good benefits
Minpunten
Managemen turns over to quickly
Bedrijfscultuur
Very stressful and high demanding
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI15 oktober 2018
Working with the Postal Service is a highly demanding job. Each week, I've worked a lot of hours. The postal service has terrible management who are rude not open minded. Overall, I've lost a lot of weight, worked long days with good pay.
Bedrijfscultuur
Custodian/Laborer, United States Postal Service (huidige medewerker) –  Quakertown, PA15 oktober 2018
It is a good place to work - starting pay is a bit low, but does increase over time. I kept myself busy which allowed me to gain extra hours - just because I worked. If you do your job management will allow you to work independently. Just not enough pay to forge a living though benefits are very good.
Bedrijfscultuur
Must make career position for benefits
Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Chase, LA15 oktober 2018
Pay is the best! Hours are the worst. However, hours depend on how big the office is where you work. Some complain about too many hour, I complain about not enough (23 a week). Luckily the pay is great!
Bedrijfscultuur
The post office is a decent place to work
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Louis, mo15 oktober 2018
The United States post office is a decent place to work. Most upper management are older, so they really don’t relate to the younger employees. There is a Huge disconnect. Salary is decent, but could be higher based on cost of living and work environment.(ie. weather, dogs.)
Bedrijfscultuur
Delivery/Sales Services & Distribution (huidige medewerker) –  Guaynabo, PR15 oktober 2018
The hardest part of the job for me is the schedule. Poor communication between the supervision, carry out a plan not based on the needs of the station therefore it is not followed at the time of carrying out. The most enjoyable part of the job is to share time with my co-workers.
kjgguk
jkggu
Environment friendly
LETTER CARRIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX15 oktober 2018
A typical day at work would consist of me preparing my mail to deliver, secure my environment and check up on my transportation. Complete my shift successfully and report to my manager if needed.
Servant leadership
short lunch breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Unnecessary workloads, most of the time we are forced to work excessive hrs
CLERK (huidige medewerker) –  PNDC VASSAR ST, RENO, NV15 oktober 2018
Working manually is very stressful and what you do is not appreciated, forced overtime work exceeding 10 hours, and being told to work on multi sections and different locations
FREE BRAKES
SHORT LUNCH
Tough environment
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Greensboro, NC15 oktober 2018
This place is probably one of the toughest places that I've ever worked. Mandatory overtime, tough manager and tougher work. Not for those who want an easy job.
Can be stressful
Retired (voormalige medewerker) –  Worth, IL15 oktober 2018
Used to be a great company to work for, because of the benefits paid vacations sick time holiday pay, etc., however upon the new technology introduced such as intelligent scanners automated sorting of mail and the Amazon push lately it has become very stressful trying to measure up with management requirements. Therefore I decided to take an early retirement.
Pluspunten
Time and half paid for overtime work
Breaks are very short
Bedrijfscultuur
fast paced and it was a great job
Clerk/Truck terminal (voormalige medewerker) –  Wallingford, CT15 oktober 2018
I loved unloading trucks and keying in the parcel mail on the spbs machine and the flat sorter and the people that been working there for years always help me out to improve myself even more.
Bedrijfscultuur
Seasonal is Good, Post Master for CCA was Horrid.
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Naugatuck, CT15 oktober 2018
I always wanted to work for the post office but it's so hard to get your foot in the door. When I finally did as a seasonal, it was strict but fair. The job description was exactly what was asked of us. Later when I was picked to interview for a CCA position, the postmaster seemed off-putting and a bully. Like the position had gone to his head. My ride along with an outgoing employee went well until we returned for the day and he cracked me in the head with the overhead back door of the truck. He asked me not to say anything as it would ruin his promotion, so I didn't. I got let go after missing my training class due to an emergency hospital visit with my mom.

Great pay but this would be only good if you are single with no outside life.
Great Pay.
Minpunten
Cold, Unfeeling, Bully Tactics, not welcoming to new comers.
Bedrijfscultuur
No work life balance or appreciation Dont Do it!
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Granbury, TX15 oktober 2018
No work life balance or appreciation Don't Do it! Can take up to 15 years to become career and get benefits until then you get treated like dog pooh. And don't even guaranty more than 1 day a week.
Fast
City Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Cupertino, CA14 oktober 2018
Its an environment where you have to work fast pace. There are days where long hours are required to work. When holidays come around or elections those times a year are the busiest and long hours required.
Stressful and competitive workplace
Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN14 oktober 2018
The ever changing postal service is geared for the fast paced strong bodied worker. Management is overly stressed by the corporate office and try to lead employees the best they can. This style of leadership tends to conflict in the job that needs to be done. In my opinion it is hard to follow orders as a supervisor if the people above you haven’t experienced the actual working environment.
Good benefits and retirement
Minpunten
High stress and bad hours
Horrible
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX14 oktober 2018
A typical day at work was very hot, hard labor, long, and miserable. The job was very stressful and strenuous. I learned that it is hard to work for certain management. Your hard work is never enough when working at the post office. The culture of working at the Post Office was very horrible and did not live up to the myth. Management is hard to work for. The management has their picks and chooses. The hardest part of the job was working long shifts not getting compensated for my hard work and long hours. There was nothing enjoyable about the job at all.
Post Office
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY14 oktober 2018
Decent pay and benefits. Bad thing is you work about 55-72 hours a week. Until you become a "regular" your job is in the hands of management. The job itself is very simple. It is very unorganized.
stressful place to be
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL14 oktober 2018
Supervisors are not trust worthy. They will use you for their own gain then drop you. I never really got a fair shot to show my potential and dedication to the job.
pay
stress
Productive and fun co-workers
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX13 oktober 2018
The job is what you make of it. You have to love working outside or you want enjoy being a letter carrier. It helps to get to a sub-station with a good management team.
Great pay
Minpunten
upper management has no people skills
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag