United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 16.100 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Chaos
Postman (voormalige medewerker) –  Concord, NH22 juli 2018
No Scheduled days off. You work 14 days straight then get one day off and then start the cycle again,so your day off rotates from Monday through Sunday
fast paced work place
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Laconia, NH22 juli 2018
The postal service can be a great place to work if you like being outside walking and driving is all kinds of weather, you can learn a lot for others in this position, they are always willing to help you. the hardest part of this job is having work up to 10 days straight while you are a CCA, and it is very hard to become a regular
Pay
Advancment
Bedrijfscultuur
Stressful and micromanaged by post master
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Loveland, OH22 juli 2018
Very challenging and hard on the body. Sleep and proper hydration is very necessary. No heat or AC in the truck. Need to be very mindful of numbers to street names. No advancement for Rural Carriers and no benefits unless you pay for them. Number one suggestion, join the union so you cover yourself in case of issues with management. RCA subs are guaranteed one day a week and have to work Amazon Sundays. Scheduling anything else in your life is difficult. PROs- once you get out of office no manager is hanging over your shoulder and pay is the same for everyone and decent.
Pay
Minpunten
Work life balance and micromanaged
Loved it!
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Bell Gardens, CA21 juli 2018
I loved everything about this job/ The hours. the workload, the management team,and especially the pay. I wish it last longer than the holidays. But the good thing is you can go back every year.
productive fast paced environment
SSDA Retail Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 juli 2018
Had a wonderful work experience..met all kinds of people...still keep in touch with some of them...very fast paced environment lots of work always busy
Manual Labor
Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Clarita, CA21 juli 2018
This job was hard on the body. Made me extremely tired and I lost a lot of weight from all the exercise. Hours can be long specially around holidays. Constant heavy lifting is required from 8-12 hours per day. Making sure you get enough sleep is very important to prevent injury and or accidents. Coworkers like to gossip a lot so it's a good idea to just clock -in, keep to yourself and at the end of your day, clock-out to go home. Keeping an excellent attendance record, not talking too much while working, and listening to directions are the top things your supervisors will care about. Also, make sure you wear protective gear like leather, or leather-like shoes, protective gloves etc.
Great pay and benefits
Minpunten
Drama everywhere. But it can be avoided if you're smart.
Fast paced and challenging
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO21 juli 2018
At the start of the work day, you case the magazines, flyers, and mail and then pull it down into trays that are loaded on your truck along with the packages that are to be delivered along a prescribed route. I really liked my coworkers and managers. We all helped one another. It was stressful because everything had to be done by a certain time.
Stressful
Rural Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Hephzibah, GA21 juli 2018
One of the most stressful jobs to have because of the pressure to complete a carriers route before lose of business. To added, climate because an issue even if it rain, sleet, or snow, the mail man delivers.
The Mail Delivers
Stressful Job
Terribly dysfunctional
Automotive Technician/Mechanic (voormalige medewerker) –  Baton Rouge, LA21 juli 2018
Some shops are better than others, but none are great. My last manager had been a letter carrier and had no experience in an auto shop, but had been a Marine and still treated others like they were recruits and he was a drill sergeant.
Insurance and retirement
Minpunten
Terrible management, lack of any support.
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard to advance within company
Postmaster Relief (huidige medewerker) –  Mark Center, OH21 juli 2018
This was a great job to get started back up in the work force after being a stay at home mom for 13 years. I knew it was not a full time position but was hoping for advancement. Being a non career employee, there is no minimal room to advance within the company without being competitive with applicants outside of the company.
I did enjoy the work with the public and did learn many new skills about the mailing systems.
Great If you are a Career Employee
Data Entry (voormalige medewerker) –  Wichita, KS21 juli 2018
The job I worked doesn't exist anymore but it was data entry. Very strict you are working for the government. No talking, just working.

Pros- excellent pay, paid time off, full benefits even as a part time employee

Cons- Not guaranteed hours, No holidays off, No jobs security unless an career employee
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Good steady job
Transportation department. (voormalige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ21 juli 2018
Had a wonderful work experience..met all kinds of people...still keep in touch with some of them...being in transportation dept i was able to hold many different positions started out as a tractor trailer operator on to many other positions in the department..wish i was still working there..
Paid time off
Minpunten
Weekends holidays had to work
Bedrijfscultuur
USPS is an excellent company. I just need a skill. I just want do something with my life.
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Tacoma, WA20 juli 2018
I want to explore my options. I love my job at the post office - USPS. Great benefits! I just want to see if I can have a skill to learn and be good at: electrician; carpentry; computers; administration; etc
Pluspunten
Benefits; Salary; Physical labor (exercise)
Minpunten
Working outside in the elements (rain and hot days)
Horrible experience
Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY20 juli 2018
The only thing good about working for the USPS was the pay. Everything else was horrible. There was no room for growth, management had nasty attitudes.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
high paced, stressful, difficult to make career position
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Madison, OH20 juli 2018
not a bad place to work, very high paced, can be quite stressful, no designated "end time" for your workday - you finish when you are done delivering all your mail and packages. The only major issue with hours for rca's is that you HAVE to work every SINGLE weekend - I mean every saturday (with rotating sundays) which is difficult if you have a family. The only other issue is that it is VERY DIFFICULT to make a career position out of this - you have to wait your turn in order of seniority at YOUR LOCATION for someone to retire - if you transfer to a different location your seniority starts all over again. At my location management is good, and really does try to work with you - I have no issues with getting time off - except for saturdays lol.
Pluspunten
good pay, good management, benefits - but you have to pay for them they are not included
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
You will be working with people who couldn’t make it elsewhere
Human Resources Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Grand Rapids, MI20 juli 2018
Let’s face it, most people working at the Post Office are rejects that other companies didn’t think had potential. It shows by our continued loss of money, excessive grievances, and low morale. The money is only good for people who don’t think they can do better, and probably can’t. We are life’s losers suffering from delusions of grandeur. The whole place is a joke.
Pluspunten
You get paid and promoted for being mediocre to stupid.
Minpunten
You get paid for being mediocre to stupid.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
rca
Rurial Carrier Asst (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX20 juli 2018
Post Office isnt for everybody you work long hours sometimes and you are in the elements such as 100 degree weather the LLV FLV dont have AC and its HOT
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Fun and Fast Pace
RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Rockford, IL20 juli 2018
Fun fast pace environment that would keep you on your toes. Always new encounters every day and everyone working there was nice, Just wish I could get more hours as a rural carrier.
Fast pace
Not many hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Extremely stressful. Expected to work 6 plus a days a week , 10 hours a day.
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Bozeman, MT20 juli 2018
A typical day at work consists of sorting mail for 3 to 4 hours a day. Then you drive while delivering mail for 4 to 6 hours. I learned mail routes , and procedures on what to do in the post office. The workplace culture is extremely negative. Everyone works to much , and is stressed out frequently. The hardest part of the job is working 50 plus hours a week with little to no recognition . If you give them a inch they expect you to give them a mile. Its next to impossible to get a day off and you are expected to work 6 to 7 days a week. The heaters in mail cars hardly work and there is no AC. The pay is good.
Pay is good
Minpunten
long hours in a stressful environment.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
assistant rural carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Pahrump, NV20 juli 2018
I enjoy most aspects of the job but am in need of more hours. Job is to deliver packages to customers homes and business.You are basically on your own with little supervision during the day.
Pluspunten
working outside on your own
Lack of hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag