United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 12.944 reviews worden getoond
n/a
City Carrier Technician (huidige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX13 december 2017
you just go out deliver mail and watch your back at all times
you are always doing your job wrong
if you are talented they will find a way to get rid of you and force you to quit.
Micromanaging sums it up
Rural Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Spokane, WA13 december 2017
The USPS used to be a great place to work. It no longer is. Narcissistic managers who pressure employees to work off the clock are rampant. Upper management does nothing to fix the problem, choosing rather to focus and blame the employees, while ignoring the root cause. Quality is no longer a value; it's all about get out and back quickly. Customers complaints are ignored unless it is dealing with parcels.
Pay & benefits
Minpunten
Breaks are nonexistent, no place to go to the bathroom, working off the clock is sometimes expected
Fast Paced
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Akron, OH 4431913 december 2017
If you don't like to walk basically run this job is not for you. If you dnt have baggy clothes but have a nice figure don't apply for firestone station.
Terrible
Rural carrier assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Riverton, UT13 december 2017
Worst job I ever had. Terrible management who doesn't listen to customer complaints or needs. Most of the regular carriers are beyond lazy and leave work for subs. The amount of stress is not worth the pay.
Postal Service.
Seasonal, Casual Mail handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Asheville, NC13 december 2017
The security of this job is what I loved the most. The pay checks were incredible. Having kids is definitely not cheap or easy... this job totally helped with all of that
Poor Management
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC13 december 2017
USPS would be an awesome place to work if management knew and respected the employees there. MDO's are rude and disrespectful. They will not work with you at all when you have a life changing event happen in your life. They do not care about their employees and if they make it to work or not.
Excellent Pay
Poor Management, schedules
Good Pay, Hard Work
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Danville, VA13 december 2017
It is hard to be optimistic about becoming full time when there are people there who have been there for 10+ years who are not hired as full time yet.
fun workplace
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY13 december 2017
great job great pay the people you meet at the job great. If you like working out doors and dont mind facing the elements of outdoors then youll love the post office.
Money
the elements
productive
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Detroit, MI13 december 2017
great place to work if you can get hired in. fast paced environment and great co workers. excellent pay and benefits if you could get a permanent position.
Usps
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Watertown, NY13 december 2017
Schedule change with no warning
No time off
bad management-lack of communication
Lack of breaks
cut throat- impossible expectations
long wait time to become "regular"
great opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Pueblo, CO12 december 2017
a typical day at was quick paced and challenging, middle management is a very rewarding job, you have the opportunity to work with co-workers and customers.
Pluspunten
good pay and advancement.
stressful at times.
Usps
City Assistant Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  West Hartford, CT12 december 2017
The USPS is a very hard-working and fast-paced environment. It is one of few places you do not need a college degree to move up within the organization, which is great for a young adult who does not want to continue their education.
Usps needs help
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ12 december 2017
I actually love my job. And I love the people I work with. I do not love that I often work more than 10 hours a day six days out of the week. Management is trying to get impossible things done by asking impossible things out of their employees. The volume is just too much, and it not just during the holiday season. We need people in the office just running parcels and doing nothing else so we can lighten the load for everyone so we can actually accomplish our jobs in 8 hours instead of 10 or 12. Once again, not just during the holiday season. I wish I didn't love my job. I would quit. I have no life. If you're a CCA you don't and won't have a life while you work with USPS.
Everyone should be able to have two days off a week if they want or need it. Apparently, USPS likes to shoot themselves in the foot. Pushing your workers so hard is why there is low moral, high turn-around, sick-calls, grievances, and accidents. The whole operation is inefficient...especially the treatment of workers - regulars and CCA/RCA's alike.

Bottom line- Try to find another job if you can.
The whole operation
Bedrijfscultuur
Working at the post office was very stressful
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Denver, CO12 december 2017
Working there was very stressful, management expected employees to work without end. No matter what the weather or situation, employees were expected to perform at the same speed no matter what. I loved carrying the mail but did not like having to continue working past my 8 hour shift until all the mail was done. That took sometimes all day until late in the evening. There were not really times to take breaks besides taking a few bites off of a protein bar.
great pay
no family life
Bedrijfscultuur
handeling and delivering mail and articles in a timely fashion
Mail Handler/Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Bellmawr, NJ12 december 2017
My duties included the safety and delivery of all mail and articles that came through the building. I learned different zip codes and what each form was in the postal service. The management was hard they stood over you to ensure your doing the job correctly. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy trays and moving them out as quickly and safely as possible.
the breaks in between
no benefits
Bedrijfscultuur
great place to work if can get full time
PTR Custodian (huidige medewerker) –  Crisfield, MD12 december 2017
Great place to work if can get full time work. Different positions pay differently and you can't hold multiple positions to retain full time work even if there are positions available.
decent pay
Minpunten
not enough hours, too many specific positions
Post Carrier
In the position of Data Conversion Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Wichita, KS 6720712 december 2017
As a postal carrier I enjoyed the ability to work on my own. I also enjoyed being able to reach management for assistance easily if needed. The post office provides the vehicles and maintains their vehicles very well!
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL12 december 2017
The pay is ok. The place is not that bad at all. A lot of lazy people. Nice cool environment and some cool people also. The paychecks are nice with a little ot
Paycheck
Na
Great Pay
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Mineral, VA12 december 2017
Decent Pay for the work expected, Great group of co workers at the office I was employed with, having to upkeep a second vehicle out of personal funds was a major drawback
CCA life
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Marshall, IL12 december 2017
As a CCA, in a small office, some say its better. I disagree with that. In small offices, you get loaned out to other offices, so you may work like 4 hours at your office and then get told you have to go to another office and work 6 to 8 additional hours in a town you're not familiar with. They can loan you out to any office within 50 miles of your home office. The other down side to being a CCA in a small office is that you have to wait for someone to retire in order to get a career position which means you have to work 6 days a week up to 12 hours a day, and only get time off if you get it pre-approved. The pros to working in a small office would be the support you receive from management and the way you get treated by your coworkers. its more like a family than a job at a small office.The money and benefits are great, but trust me you WORK for that money it's not an easy job. It is stressful, and overwhelming. definitely not for everyone but if you think you can handle it, then by all means, apply :)
Pluspunten
benefits, pay, management and staff
Minpunten
hours worked, distance traveled, lack of career opportunities

Algehele waardering