United States Postal Service
Information from United States Postal Service:

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Showing all 26.314 reviews
3,0
Prepare (case) mail for delivery. Deliver mail on a timely basis.
My original manager was excellent, he knew what was going on at all times. He left the office and checked on you, he also made every effort to make employees feel appreciated. He had done the job, he knew that it wasn't always pleasant lugging that mail satchel around in rain, sleet, hail or snow.

The last manager I had, never left the office. She managed by reading emails from headquarters. I have an excellent work ethic, I don't feel the company I work for owes me anything that I don't earn.

The hardest part of the job as a carrier was probably delivering in deep snow, it was very taxing.

The most enjoyable part was when it was sunny and 75, no better job to have.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Working on Saturdays
3,0
The work itself isn’t hard it’s everything else that comes along with the work. If you have good management great, unfortunately that’s never the case. Work days are usually 10+ hours. Off day’s are scarce. If you enjoy family time this is not the job for you.
Pros
On your own while delivering on your route. No micromanaging.
Cons
No work/life balance
5,0
I love being outside. Seeing different people and talking with them. You get to see lots of animals. I loved the money. Using your own car sucks. The upkeep on it is what I hated. That’s the only downfall I had.
Pros
Outside, good money
Cons
Hot and cold
1,0
Management is horrible. Treat people terrible. Very unfriendly! Do not work there! People training would tell me how bad management is and they all share one brain. Most can’t wait to retire. Everyone is really unfriendly. Unsafe, filthy mail trucks.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, work every weekend, will change your schedule daily.
3,0
Decent pay for hard work. Long hours and no work life balance. Work is repetitive if you work in plant operations. I would recommend to younger people because it can get quite difficult.
Pros
Pay is good! Room for overtime.
Cons
Physically demanding. No work life balance depending on the shift you work.
5,0
Great place to work. Hectic during holidays. Overall great environment and home life balance. Great pay during holiday rush although won’t have time for anything else.
Pros
Pay!
Cons
Short staffed
1,0
Extremely outdated, horrible management, if they mess up your pay expect to wait months to receive it. No motivation they only offer demotivating speeches. First job where it was acceptable for management to yell at entire staff regularly and without cause. Not a place I would ever recommend for anyone to plan a career. No matter how much you give and how hard you work, it is never recognized and you always could’ve done better. The most stressful job I’ve ever had hands down. Your first 90 working days not calendar days they can terminate you for any reason they deem and there’s nothing you can do about it.
Pros
Absolutely zero
Cons
Everything including not knowing if you’ll be paid on time or ever
5,0
Working here is a lot of work starting out but if you can stick with it, it’ll be a good career in the long run. If you’re sensitive to weather (extreme hot/cold) then I would advise not taking this job.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Over worked
5,0
I enjoyed,working as a rural carrier money good got my work done and went home. Supervisor and coworkers were very helpful to me with getting the routes down. Overall enjoyed.
Pros
Money, beautiful drives through neighborhoods, mine were on a waterfront
Cons
Lots of packages
1,0
Not a nice place too work, people are lazy & Management caters to their own kind. Too much drama from the women workers & way too much racism going on. I hear racial slurs about Blacks everyday from the Hispanic & Filipino workers. Manager is too scary & gossips with the employees like a schoolgirl. Starting not to like the job. Thinking about seeking legal council at this point.
Pros
My money
1,0
All I can say to some it up, is that it was a hostile work environment, I've witnessed things I have never seen in the private sector and you just have to find out for yourself.
Pros
Salary however the private sector comes close and is moving more towards what you make here, however after about 12 years you are pretty much maxed out.
Cons
Aggressive and hostile management.
1,0
horrible experience i had at south county st louis MO! i used they are 24 hour shipping.. it delivered 1 day late and they r refusing to refund my shipping cost. i am very disappointed... they dont even deserve one star.
3,0
The post office offers great compensation for the job duties performed it’s just that the overall job culture needs improvement! I would still highly recommend anyone considering working here to apply!
Pros
Great Pay, Benefits
Cons
Job Culture, Work Life Balance
2,0
Some of the people are great but you can find this at any work place. Most of the people are untrustworthy and lazy. Union protected employees do little to no real work and soak overtime. Management doesn't care how poorly you're treated. They'll listen to you but it goes in one ear and out the other. When Amazon cuts ties with this company things are going to go downhill extremely rapidly. They will not have the volume necessary to support their massive workforce and I expect they'll start shedding the temp to hire employees like a dog sheds fleas. USPS as it stands today is not long for this world. It will be interesting to see what it morphs into but I won't be there for the transition.
Pros
No one cares what you do.
Cons
No one cares what you do.
5,0
It’s a good job to have. I like working outdoors. So this job fits me very well. Good work environment. Friendly people. The mail fluctuates all the time. So there might be a lot of mail one day, and barely any mail the next day. And that goes for the packages as well.
4,0
The pay is good. The benefits for a rca aren’t as good as a regular carrier, but you do get offered a lesser health insurance. My biggest issue is that it will take about ten years to get a full time position Because when someone quits or most likely retires, you have to wait till everyone hired on before you gets the full time position first. So if you are the last hired on you have to wait till everyone in front of you gets a position first. Which is fair, it just takes so long!
Pros
Benifits and pay
Cons
Stress and takes so long to go full time
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are the only reason I stayed.

Overall

My experience working at United States Postal Service gave me mental health issues.
1,0
No respect for individuals, always pushing, treating you badly.
Management offers no help, no training, you just have to find out the hard way and what you do is never good enough.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No support from management, no life balance.
1,0
There is no work/life balance at this company. The pay is good because of what you have to deal with and sacrifice. Management is terrible, they will tell you one thing and lie about it to their superior so that they won't get in trouble. They have a high turnover rate and you will work every weekend and holiday. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company if you have kids! They make employees work 9 days straight without a day off. When a mail carrier is finished with their route, management will make them go help another carrier finish their route.
Pros
Pay/Benenfits
Cons
Everything besides the pay and benefits
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at United States Postal Service is none. Understaffed... overworked & underpayed. If you’re a self starter it’s not your place. As a clerk I was overworked & deal with lazy coworkers & rude customers all day. No gratitude from management only grief.
5,0
Working as a mail carrier is very repetitive. Sorting all the mail and packages can sometimes be a bit challenging. The route is easy and as long as you have your mail and packages sorted right. Can be a bit stressful at times.
Pros
Can listen to music or talk on the phone, it's pretty much backroad driving and you meet nice people along your route. The pay is good.
Cons
Drama. Stressful.