United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 14.012 reviews worden getoond
job was okay
Mail Carrier - Seasonal (voormalige medewerker) –  Belmont, NC20 februari 2018
i can say working at the post office was very challenging and hard work it was great while it lasted but if u a happy person in love stress free environment ill say no to it
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job but very physical.
USPS Custodian (voormalige medewerker) –  Pleasanton, CA20 februari 2018
I sorted mail , lined it up in tubs for delivery,wrote up certified and registered mail. I lined up packages and wrote them up. I then loaded mail jeep and delivered it all.
Pluspunten
It helped keep me in shape, great money and benefits.I loved my customers.
Minpunten
Its very physical and hard on your body.
Productive Employer...long hours
Peak Season Employee(PSE) (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, WV20 februari 2018
Typical day was to tour at 2am til 2pm in the afternoon. Head Management were polite and very helpful. Work associates were great people to work around.
Pluspunten
Good pay for the position held. 10 minute break every 2 hours.
Minpunten
Long drives to and from work(100 miles one-way)
Great job
Lead Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Salinas, CA20 februari 2018
Management difficult to work for. Some members of management treat people with great disrespect. Often displaying unfair and disparate treatment. Not following FMLA guidelines
Pluspunten
Decent salary, good benefits.
stressful yet rewarding
Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Cheyenne, WY20 februari 2018
the work environment is fast paced and can be very stressful. A lot depends on your immediate supervisor, they can make or break the job and the employee.b
benifits
Stress
Bedrijfscultuur
fun place with my co workers
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Shawnee Mission, KS 6620220 februari 2018
typical day come in either the mail late or not, prepare mail to go out for delivery. Once I load my truck up make sure you have all your packages and head out to the street to the customers.
working alone
working outside
Loved it
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Port Neches, TX20 februari 2018
Really enjoyed my work, being envolved with the community, getting exercise, was only at 80 days when told by supervisor that I was not fast enough and had to either resign position or be terminated, chose to resign but was upset
Bedrijfscultuur
Holiday Clerk Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Manchester, MD20 februari 2018
Was responsible for accepting and sorting overnight package deliveries to be sent out the next day. Management was great and was there to answer any questions I might have had.
Army
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA20 februari 2018
If you never been in the Army this will be likewise.Get ready to start working in the worth route u ever been get ready to carry up to 50 pounds of mail in your bag. get ready to start feeling really bad pain in your body.Dont recommend to female this job is for men.
Minpunten
Trying to find the house number weird streets.Goofy house numbers.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive, safe and great place to work
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Grand Rapids, MI20 februari 2018
My days were typically the same work flow. Some days there would be more or less and I got the over time that I needed. The hardest part of the job was the lay off period which i am on currently. Cant wait to get back to work
Good environment.
mail carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lafayette, LA20 februari 2018
Good environment and flexible. you have manageable breaks and lunch breaks. I learned how important it is for mail to be delivered on time and the process of the mail.
N/a
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ20 februari 2018
It’s an ok company it just a lot you have to learn yourself by reading the booklet. There are some good things and bad with the company but you do work hard especially as a mail handler.
Vacations
Supervisor are rude
Worst Job ever
Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  North Augusta, SC19 februari 2018
this is the worst place to work ...Truly the worst place that I have ever worked ...Job really sux ... poor management ...I hated that place .. It is an unreal work environment
Hostile work place
Custodian Laborer/City Letter Carrier/Retail Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI 4810319 februari 2018
Very political, and hostile work place. While the pay, and benefits are good, environment is very cut throat. Management have no employee relations skills and are very military type management. Never recognized for job well done. Only strive on the negative aspects of a employee work performance.
pay, benefits
Hostile work environment
Bedrijfscultuur
Very good agency to get opportunities for advancement. Excellent working environment. Lots of benefits.
Postmaster (voormalige medewerker) –  Carolina, PR19 februari 2018
USPS is a non-governmental entity which offered me the opportunity to excel and go up the ranks all the way to Postmaster. I love the interpersonal relationship with employees. The workplace culture is tied to time constraints since we have to dispatch mai in a limited period of time.
I love managing people and following my instints in relation to create alternatives to serve our customers.
The hardest part was to maintain operational budget since we had no input in it, we had to work with what was given to us.
I quit college to go work for the USPS and I don't regret it. This agency gave me lots of advancement opportunities which I took.
As a corollary of my job in the agency, I became President of the postmaster's association which gave me the opportunity to travel thorughout the United States getting to know lots of people in my field of work.
Pluspunten
Opportunity for going uo the ranks. Very good working environment
Minpunten
At times, the top echelon does not want to explore new options for providing service to customers.
Bedrijfscultuur
Job is tough, management make it worse.
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Burbank, CA19 februari 2018
The job is already very difficult. Stressful on your body and your mind. On top of that, managements style is similar to the military. Managers will scream and yell at you if you are slow or make simple mistakes and will threaten to fire you during the initial 90 day grace period. They have fired numerous persons from this job for simple mistakes or for being slow. You are constantly in danger of an accident and management preaches safety but does little to truly assist you to be safe. Management absorb the profits and leave very little for employees to improve their pay. Annual raises are normally about 50 cents.
Good benefits
Minpunten
Management, constant safety hazards.
Bedrijfscultuur
Top management always pushing for unrealistically numbers for benefiting thier bonuses
Retired letter carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Troy, NY19 februari 2018
Pay after 10 years good Benefits while working good are the pros if you want OT plenty to be made. Cons are management always pushing for unrealistic numbers , weather a big , very hot and also very very cold conditions . Dog problems , people either very respectful or abusive that you deliver too . Conditions of property delivering to problems . No Numbers on house or mail boxes and no names on mail boxes for proper delivery . Bottom line after your work years for retirement , pension not all what it’s cut out to be , instead of 50% like State work pension only 20% .
Pay, fellow workers
Minpunten
Bad Management always pushing unrealistic numbers
Cut throat Fat shamers
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Clearfield, UT19 februari 2018
I think that it was just the place that I was at, but if you go this way you better be fit. You better be able to do p90x for about 8-10 hours a day and then your ready. On top of that I had a bunch of fat shamer's where I worked. They didn't like that I was over weight, and they made that known. It wasn't very nice place to work save for like 3 people there total. I did like getting to be on the road and delivering the mail though, but it is tough. They don't give you the appropriate training nor do they give you a good route to start out on to get trained. That's were they fail and when I got there, had been failing. Had they only put me on a smaller route and been clear in the expectations, then proceeded to give me enough time to acquire the skills to do a good job, I would have. They failed me, that's all there is to it. It's a shame, I'm not the only one that they have failed, countless people I have talked to have been in the same boat with this company. They failed. They may in the end fail big time.
The money
Everything else.
Bedrijfscultuur
A typical day working at the post office.
Seasonal Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL19 februari 2018
I had a productive and valuable experience working at the post office. I worked at the main office near the airport which remains open 7 days a week 365 days a year. The job made me realize the importance and large scale operation of the post office.

On a typical day I would either: sort mail, move full carts of mail from the conveyor belts, or load the mail onto specific conveyor belts.

The management was easy to work with and the managers were very organized.

It was a drug free, smoke free, environmentally friendly work place.

The hardest part for me working there was because I worked nights and it took a little bit of getting used to working at nights.

The most enjoyable part of the job was it was a stress free job which paid well.
Pluspunten
It was a stress free job and paid 16 dollars an hour.
Minpunten
It was a night job and since it was a seasonal job, I had to work on Saturdays and holidays.
Don't do it
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fredericksburg, VA19 februari 2018
Don't do it. Unless you are okay working 50+ hours with a day off maybe once every two weeks don't do it. People break down crying in the middle of the day from stress. I've seen it happen, and I'll admit it's happened to me. Just save yourself the stress. It's not worth it.

Algehele waardering