United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 22.683 reviews matching the search See all 22.684 reviews
2,0
Fast and slightly stressful
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA12 October 2019
I learned how the mail is ran.
Certain management will treat you like an actual person.
The other PSE's usually stick together and try to help each other out.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
They will overwork you
1,0
Not a place to work if you are female and/or have a family.
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY12 October 2019
• No maternity leave. Must use your accumulated vacation/sick time. Hope you have it!
• Working in the office is stressful, but actually carrying the mail (on a nice day) is relaxing.
• I dont feel the job pays nearly enough for what you do. From the second you
clock in, they track your every move. You can never take it easy. You ALWAYS need to be moving because the GPS is tracking you.
Pros
Easy job that anyone can do.
Cons
Must work weekends, and many days off, No maternity leave, Carriers and supervisors constantly in your business, Low pay considering job (outside in painfully cold weather), Go go go constantly non stop, Bad on your joints over time, No HR department, so people act ridiculous with no consequences, Waterproof clothing/boots are not waterproof.
1,0
Incredibly and unethical disorganized management
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, CO12 October 2019
I can't think of a worse organization that I've previously worked for. LOW pay, long hours, chaotic management, favoritism, good ole boy club, lack of concern for employees or customers. Management just wants their bonus based on working you incredibly hard and sending you home early. Don't count on fair treatment or fair pay.
Heavy Working
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA12 October 2019
If you work for USPS and be prepared to get force to work overtime no matter if they ask you to do. Also they can make you to move other position that you dont want it
Pros
great pay
Cons
short break
3,0
Pretty chill as long as you are safe and do your job
Seasonal USPS Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT12 October 2019
I worked a temporary evening job. It was fast paced, but not particularly difficult. If you choose to work a seasonal position get a friend to work there too and it can be pretty fun.
5,0
Everyone there will treat you like family it's very great place to work you learn know things everyday.
PSE MAIL CLERK /ELECTRONIC MAIL-SORTING/ COMPUTER DEVICES / DOCKER WORKER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN12 October 2019
Very great place to work everyone never treat you like family everyone keeps to their self if you need help people are there to explained and they have really great benefits
Terrible place to work
CLERK/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Creston, IA12 October 2019
The way employees are treated and the amount of stress you have to put up with is definitely not worth it. The hours suck. You never get time off. Management are unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Everything about it
2,0
Working
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VT12 October 2019
If you work hard they work you harder and if your lazy management forgets about you. The pay is good but you work crazy hours and you never have set days off.
Rough
CCA (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FL 3378111 October 2019
Poorly managed, over worked staff. Management not helpful with limited duty and transition back to full duty from work related condition, partially due to lack of working vehicles.
Worst job I’ve ever had
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  New York, NY11 October 2019
I’ve been working in the corporate world most of my life . I’ve worked in retail and and loved both careers. However, when I joined USPS I thought I was in for a great experience, but I was wrong! It was the worst work experience of my life ! All the way from upper management to coworkers to the customers!
Pros
Cons
I’m no longer working for USPS
Fun and unique
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Current Employee) –  Parachute, CO11 October 2019
Very fun environment once you get the hang of the office you are currently in. Plenty of working hours if you are willing to travel to other offices that are near by.
4,0
Go to work everyday and be on time be courteous.
Post office USPS (Former Employee) –  Ey it to11 October 2019
Go to work everyday ,be on time work hard ,be courteous and be help full to others.
The united states postal service is a great career to have .make sure you get an excellent test
Score.
Pros
Do your best work at all times.The
Cons
Be honest and don't steal.Do
job security is there
clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA11 October 2019
feel sorry for people starting out now not the same as when I started out. benefits and pay is worth making a career out of the job. Long and rotating hours starting off
Terrible environment
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 October 2019
childish employees and unprofessional managers and supervisors... you are better off keeping to yourself and do your job . if not, your job will be threatened and you will be disciplined for little to no reason at all.
5,0
Fun workplace, I wanted to strive well in order to succeed
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Carolina11 October 2019
I really enjoyed working with my clients and enabling them to grow their businesses. When you have a brand or product that is very favorable to the customer, it makes your job that much easier.
Mail Call
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OH11 October 2019
The USPS overall is not a bad place to work. They provide excellent healthcare benefits that you need to raise a family.. The pay isn't bad, but often times your'e completely overworked and short handed. Management does not always communicate pertinent information to employees which can cause issues and things to be double handled and delayed..
4,0
USPS is a productive and fun place to work at
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TX11 October 2019
working at the USPS is an eye-opener. The mail process from beginning to end, i.e., from sorting, casing, and delivery to the customers at their homes is a new experience entirely.
4,0
Great benefits, physical labor, evening and nights probable with weekends
Automated Parcel Bundle Sorter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge Louisiana11 October 2019
The USPS requires attention to detail, physical prowess, the ability to think ome's feet with flexibility and adaptability to changing situations. Schedule may require nights and weekends...
5,0
I highly recommend working for the United States Postal Service.
Carrier Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH10 October 2019
You will make excellent money, but you will earn every bit of it!! Must be professional, safe, courteous, employee willing to take direction and provide positive suggestions to improve the service and name of the United States Postal Service. Lots of patience is required to have a successful career.
1,0
No work life balance, treated bad. Bad management.
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX10 October 2019
One of the worst jobs I ever had. Management will do you so bad. They don’t believe in helping each other at this company. Forced to do whatever they please with no breaks. It was literally modern day slavery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5