United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Postal Clerk

Found 1.491 reviews matching the search See all 23.175 reviews
1,0
Great if you get a career position and don't abuse the privileges
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hayesville, NC2 September 2019
Great if you get a career position and don't abuse the privileges. You generally start out as a PSE which doesn't come with any privileges or benefits. The pay is good but the environment generally is horrible, especially when you have more than one regular clerk who make life difficult because they are unionized.
I had a good run
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Illinois2 September 2019
Worked there 26 years, hard job, letter volume has dropped over the years due to internet bur packages are heavier and lots more. Management gone downhill these days dont care about you and yours anymore only their bottom line productivity, time, etc. body will wear out, and they dont care. If they want you out, they will gang up on you and treat you bad. Even getting other employees to help them.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Uncaring supervisors, hard work
2,0
Very busy start to finish.
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CA29 August 2019
You never knew when you were going home.
Training was very scarce , and you never got a second to relax.they played favorites very often, and promotions were based on seniority and not hard work or skill, or even common sense.
Pros
Overtime whether you wanted it or not.
Cons
Long unpaid lunch breaks.
4,0
Productive and fun place to work
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA28 August 2019
Productive and fun place to work if you wish to lift heavy packages, night shifts and long day standing and moving. Reimbursement is very less for this job kind.
Pse clerk
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 August 2019
working inside some of the facilities is like going to high school all over again. Instead of focusing on getting the mail pushed out effectively, you have grown people worry about what you wear & who you hang with
3,0
I love working with people
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Altona, IL27 August 2019
Everyday is a new challenge to overcome and exceed in. It povides me with continuous and managed customer service skills. Im always satisfied with the customers overall ratings of my work ethics.
3,0
The job isn't for everyone.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 4023127 August 2019
It's a very good paying job and it's very easy work. The people were not so nice. Everyone had favoritism and didn't come to work with a good attitude.
Great
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alton, KS26 August 2019
This was a great place to work. I wish I could have kept this job! I had to quit because my childcare fell through but this was a great place with great potential for growth and advancement.
I just started.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CA25 August 2019
Definetly an experience, the work is not hard it's repetitive. same thing day in, day out. loads of drama. even if you try to stay out of it, it'll involve you somehow. the pay is cool, you can't get rich but you can be pretty alright with the money you're making. friendly coworkers (at times), I like the camaraderie.
2,0
A very unpleasant place to work.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Farnam, NE21 August 2019
The work was not too difficult but, a little boring. The most difficult part of the job was staying out of the employee cliques and infighting. Management was often hostile and would contradict themselves almost daily.
Pros
Nothing really comes to mind.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare.
3,0
Fast pace and heavy work loads
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TX21 August 2019
Like many jobs has it's ups and downs. There are spurts of extreme work loads and then steady work throughout. There are time lines to meet. All while keeping safety in mind.
5,0
Working around a group of great people
PSE Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN21 August 2019
There are a number of great people in the post office that are a joy to work around but be aware of the leaches that lurk in the corners ready to suck the blood out of you.
1,0
Two words - “soup sandwich”
Sales and Service Associate/PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florida20 August 2019
If you understand the above you will understand the philosophy of the post office. You have people in positions with no knowledge, training or schooling to be able to be competent in their position.

Once you get hired as a career employee you can basically have a GED to get promoted over someone with a PHD if you have seniority over the other person.

Results?... well, you scare off the good employees and you are left with everything else.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m Not putting the down the
Be ready to work.
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL20 August 2019
Good organization, the workload is quite manageable once you’re up for it.The PO runs 7 days a week so be prepared to put in the hours. Work/life balance suffers but compensation is good.
4,0
Good place to make money
Postal Support Clerk, Sales & Distribution (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA18 August 2019
Nice place to make some cash for yourself,however the demands of the job requires you work during holidays and some weekends.
Long hours of standing and engaging with customers and distributing parcels
1,0
Overworked, no balance to have home life
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MN16 August 2019
12 hour shifts that management said was mandatory, people kept quitting, there was no schedule for us management said keep working until we give you a day off, we went a little over a month without having a day off working 12 hours shifts in St. Paul P& DC in both Eagan and St. Paul, and if you took a day off you were fired. Union can't do anything until after you've been hired on.
Cons
Monitored breaks, rude management
Run
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 August 2019
Do not wrk at imf. The turn over rate is very high for a Pse. They tell you that you’re gonna be working 3pm-11pm then when you get there, they make you work 6 pm- 6 am with one day off a week.... and you better not complain b4 your 90 days or they will fire you. It take dam near 3 years to turn over to a regular. They pretty much think we’re robots. But the pay is good. I guess...
1,0
Most disrespectful job I ever worked
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA13 August 2019
Sacramento Processing and Distribution Center has all levels of management related to each other and they gang up to get rid of employees. I was told I am the wrong skin color and how lazy my skin color is. I have worked in Government for over a decade and never had this type of experience.
Relaxed environment
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJ13 August 2019
Very relaxed place to work with great compensation. Slow paced and loosely managed. Workplace culture is poor. There is no clearly defined management structure.
No life
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FL11 August 2019
This job is for single people and who have no bills. You bend over a lot so there will be strain on back. Have to worry if you will be rehired if not offered a permanent position.
Pros
A/C working areas
Cons
Contract equals no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5