United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 16.092 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a very busy work at times.
Mail Sorter / 1st & 2nd Bulk Sorter (voormalige medewerker) –  Kearny, NJ19 juli 2018
Depending on the season the 3rd class mail could run either light or heavy at times. I had to lift bags and dumped them on a belt so the clerk could key it to its destination. That was the last task I had before getting injured and then fired while on light duty. My boss was to busy pushing me to do a job that I couldn't until they let me go. I enjoyed my time in 1st class until the Christmas season came around. That for me was the worst time of the season because it was the busiest. I was upset at first for being let go, but that changed when I decided to go into clerical work in healthcare. I have not regretted it since.
Good pay and benfits.
Minpunten
Hard on the body, injuries are possible.
Productive and Self Managing
Rural Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Windom, MN19 juli 2018
I am responsible for getting every letter and parcel out to the public on time and accurately every day any way possible.

The hardest part of the job is the weather. I deliver in climate conditions from -75 F to 110F through icy road conditions through to a heat wave every year.

The best part of my job is I am responsible for every piece of mail/ parcels on a daily basis. I love the individuality of the job.

The United States Postal Service has exceptional benefits. The Postal Service also pays at a much higher rate than any national average.
Reimbursment for car expenses
Minpunten
Long hours, inclement weather dangers
Van nuys usps
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Van Nuys, CA19 juli 2018
I only worked here for 3 or so months before the position was no longer needed, the pay was great and the hours were flexible. My only complaint is that there was a lack of organization and a sense of disconnect between management and employees. I did definitely overhear some internal work related drama.
Great
U.S. Postal Police Sergeant (huidige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY19 juli 2018
Great place to work. Your day is busy and it seems to pass by very quickly. There is always something different happening everyday. The day is then done before you know it.
A Good Place to Be
Budget/Program Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Arlington, VA19 juli 2018
They encourage doing your best, and reward you with perks. They try to be fair and equitable. This is a very good company to work for. Just make sure that you do not get on anyone's bad side.
Usps
Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY19 juli 2018
The United State Post Service, great job the will enhance your individual skills, talking to people and also bring you and the customer in close family relationship as you during your job.
Hard but satisfying job
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Medford, OR19 juli 2018
Start time 7:30 am, organize "case" mail, magazines and small parcels into dividers separated in route delivery, get cart with all large parcels and organize by route delivery. Pull down mail into trays in order and load everything in vehicle. If you are a rural carrier you must provide your own vehicle unless you are designated on a route that comes with one. City carriers typically drive LLV (mail truck), ProMaster, van, 2-ton truck (like UPS) depending the route the post office assigns. Drive to the route and deliver in order. Get 30 minute lunch whenever and wherever you desire but don't stray too far from the route. Finish up and bring back mail and packages that couldn't be delivered to the office. Loved the people I worked with, they make the job fun. I hated casing the route and tried to get out of the office ASAP. Learning the route is most difficult but gets easier each time so you have to be patient in the learning curve. Liked my managers, no problems there. Had to leave due to personal circumstances, otherwise would still be there
Pluspunten
Pay is good, plenty of overtime if you desire, fun being outdoors and on your own
Minpunten
Work-life balance, be prepared to work long hours especially during the holidays, mail trucks are not air-conditioned
Don’t work here
PTF Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY19 juli 2018
bad managers
terrible hours
love to cut back hours
coworkers are all rude and nasty
talks about cutting back hourly pay
constantly doing managers work
Tough challenging Workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL19 juli 2018
Very fast pace environment, high stress levels, very physically demanding. Pay is better than most places but not enough for what your expected to do.
repetitive trainingand development
Manager, Maintenance Operations (huidige medewerker) –  White Plains, NY18 juli 2018
The guidance and mentoring of employees perusing their goals in employee engagement, safety and team work. each employee brings a great and different knowledge base to the department is resulting in positive performance.
a typical day at work
Postal Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Duluth, GA18 juli 2018
a typical day at work, clock in, go to your operation, and if not enough mail , will be sent to another operation to work until the wee hours in the morning
lunch time to short
dirty and lot of dust
Bedrijfscultuur
Started out okay, but didn't end well
Mailhandler (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY18 juli 2018
Post office jobs provide competitive pay and good benefits. However, workplace conditions were dirty and management not supportive. Daytime hours also difficult to get unless you had been there for a long time.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
great job
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Laurel, MS18 juli 2018
USPS is a great job but has no benefits. I hate working every weekend! And its going to take years for you to became a regular employee to get the great benefits. And the summer days are the worst. You have too mske sure you stay hydrated because you can get sick really quick
great pay
Minpunten
no benifits for part time employees
Bedrijfscultuur
Great opportunity to provide for my family
Rural Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Mabank, TX18 juli 2018
The United States postal system allowed me a way to provide for my family and also be there for my kids at the same time. It also gives me a way to provide insurance for my family.
Pluspunten
Great benefits for my family
Minpunten
Hard work takes a lot of dedication
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Good work place
Contracted Cleaner (huidige medewerker) –  Georgia18 juli 2018
Pleasent people to work with. Some mangers are helpful and others are not. Could use clearer instructions when starting the job. Would like to see a more set expectations from place to place.
Work there id you like micromanagement, flexible shifts and long hours for $17
Mail Processing Clerk, Full-time Hrs (voormalige medewerker) –  Irmo, SC18 juli 2018
The location I worked at was poorly directed and the managers were narcissist by the definition. They will work you like a slave with barely any days off and no people to rotate you out and help you when you're tired. Don't get injured at this location either because all they do is try to blame everything on you and make sure you don't get paid accordingly. The post office itself is a fine job is fine when it comes to pay; but the supervisors and managers make the job stressful and hostile. Everyone starts off the same way which is fine but you never no exactly how it will take for you to get a regular position it may take 2 years of maybe 5. until you are a regular you do not get paid leave and there is no constant scheduling. Along with that the heath benefits are limited and there is no 401 K plan at the beginning
Pluspunten
fast pace, dealing with different people, decent pay, listen to music
Minpunten
communication and with the people, managers power happy, extreme micromanagement, breaks short, have to do split shifts, Contract-temp hiring, excessive hours, not enough people in the positions to work
Single Life
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  New Orleans, LA18 juli 2018
Working for the USPS , make sure u have family support because this is not a job for a person who has small babies or kids in school , but if u have no kids & looking for financial stability this is the job for you !
excellent pay
Minpunten
short breaks, no weekends off, no holidays off
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Fast Paced
USPS Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Cape Canaveral, FL18 juli 2018
This job entails paying attention to detail. You must deliver mail in a safety, accurate and timely manner...The job is what you make of it..I enjoyed every bit of it. Its just time for me to move on.
not great
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Braselton, GA18 juli 2018
I was told that I would be working less than 40 hours a week and ended up working over 50 a week. The benefits aren't good until you become regular. It takes over a year to become a regular.
fast paced
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  South Carolina18 juli 2018
deliver parcels as well as mail so job duties are probably not what you might think as compared to ten years ago. need to be willing to spend money on a route vehicle if an LLC is not provided.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag