United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 17.352 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Poor Management
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Mendon, MA21 oktober 2018
This organization has not shown a true care for it's employees. Management seems to think that there is nothing more to life than working for them. They do not keep local management accountable for the well being of personell. I would not work in this capacity again.
Productive workplace
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Pasadena, CA21 oktober 2018
You have to load your vehicle up after you get your mail. Management is always on your case to be back by 6pm, so that is maybe the stressful part of your day. The enjoyable part is being out on the street in the open with your customers and you can breath and be relaxed with no one on your case.
Pluspunten
customers, lunch, overtime every day
management, stressful
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
worst job I've ever had
Postal Support Employee (huidige medewerker) –  Belgrade, MT21 oktober 2018
I began with high hopes and pride. After five months of verbal abuse and bullying from the Post Master, I am broken and embarassed to say I work for the Post Office. Upper management has known for years about her abusive, rude behavior, and has done nothing to stop it. It's easier to get rid of a clerk than a Post Master. Silence the victim and keep the abuser. I had very little training from the worst employee, and I am told it's my fault when I do something wrong. No encouragement, no "attagirl", only derision and audible comments such as "I have idiots for clerks." Building and grounds are weedy, filthy, and customers do not have confidence that we will take care of their packages any better than we do our own environment.
nothing good
Minpunten
no breaks, filthy building, cut-throat back-stabbing mentality, favoritism
see below
Lead Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Margate Florida21 oktober 2018
The job is very demanding with extreme high expectations. Management lacks proper training and knowledge to perform their duties and rely too much on the staff to correct situations.

Way too much stress. No recognition for the best of your abilities, only the negative.

They do strive for great customer service however, it depends on the employees themselves and how much they are willing to work as a team.
good pay/benefits
No Leadership
Bedrijfscultuur
Hold on for as long as you can.
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Pineville, LA21 oktober 2018
Career advancement is a case by case basis but for the overwhelming majority of CCA's you will be working for years for a chance at a career position with the post office. You will be used and abused not just by your assigned office but if you have a larger main office close you will be sent there in the event that your assigned office does not need you. Pay is pretty good but not for the amount of work you will inevitably be working. Love your kids? You'll get to see them when you're lucky enough to land a career position. Not to say I don't like my job but theres only so much you can take when you're working 55-60 hours a week. First year as a non-career employee you will not have access to all the health insurance options that careers employees do. You're stuck with an expensive health benefits plan that pays virtually nothing. The bright side of the job is once you get your mail you're pretty much left alone to do your job. Until management calls to bring you more mail that regulars either refuse to deliver or they know paying your penalty pay is less than paying the regulars.
Pluspunten
Benefits, All the OT You Can Handle.
Minpunten
Work Life Balance is Non existent, Temporary Assignment 365 day contract, Can Fire you for literally anything within the first 90 days.
Fast Paced and Stressful
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Ripley, OH21 oktober 2018
I'm new and its stressful trying to get fast at delivering mail. You are told to be safe but also to hurry and get back to the post office by 5 pm for outgoing mail.
pay
only part time
Union issues
Rural Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Cedarville, OH21 oktober 2018
I enjoyed the job, but the union made teamwork impossible. Manager was very good. Most coworkers were very good. One could not help other workers without the fear of a grievance being filed. Very strange culture.
Good pay
Union
N/a
Sales, Service and Distribution Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC21 oktober 2018
I do not wish to give a review for the United States Postal Service. I am here to search and apply to available job openings only and not to promote another company.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 7Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great if you don't have ambition
City Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Huntington, IN20 oktober 2018
As long as you don't crave challenge and are okay working in a union environment where service length is rewarded over effort, this is acutally a great job.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Schedule as a new worker
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Think Twice Before You Apply!!!
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  New England20 oktober 2018
I worked for the USPS as a mail carrier for a couple of years. The work environment is very poor, negative and toxic. The work itself is very stressful due to time limitations, under evaluated route times (due to a large increase in parcels). Overall the starting pay is very low for such a difficult job. Management, specifically, at the postmaster/OIC level will play favorites, lie, talk trash, target people they don’t like to try and fire them. They will break every rule the post office put in place to make their life easier and yours and your coworkers much harder. That said I have met a couple OIC’s (temporary managers) that were awesome but are no longer with the post office or in management go figure….. If you don’t have an attitude and are not afraid to talk back and tell management how it is then you will be run over by them and quit. No matter where you work your office will be understaffed and come the holidays you will be waking up at 4am and working until whenever, every day for about 2 months. You will miss Christmas with you family because you worked 100 hours for 8 weeks straight and will be too tired to enjoy it. Personally I wouldn’t recommend the job to anyone beyond working part-time during the nicer months of the year, after that it gets bad and doesn’t pay enough to stay.
Pluspunten
You get a paycheck and a chance to meet some cool people inside and outside of the office
Minpunten
Stressful, low starting pay/low pay in general, poor and dishosest management
Usps
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA20 oktober 2018
Working as a mail carrier was very stressful. The training is done too fast, new people work more than 10 hours a day, sometimes out as late as 11 pm delivering mail, helping other people when they’re behind and your done on time. This job took so much time away from my kid.
Good hours
Away too much
Really customer driven.
Mail carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Ludowici, GA20 oktober 2018
I focused on the needs of the customers because that is who the carriers serve. I learned a lot on my own because no one can teach you all aspects while out on the route. The hardest part is just getting all the mail and packages sorted but once a routine is established, its all about sticking to your system to satisfy the customer.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Working at USPS
Mailman (huidige medewerker) –  Bear, DE20 oktober 2018
Don't be lazy and u will have a job for life. It is a job that requires u to be always moving, if that's not ur kind of job then u shouldn't be a mailman
didn't like it at all
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Pembroke Pines, FL20 oktober 2018
there was no team work , management sucked. if you have children then the post is no place for you because do not care rather or not have kids. there is no set schedule , you have to become a regular to receive the good benefits. you are over worked and the job is very stressful.
pays good
It’s ok.
Lead sales service associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Orange, TX20 oktober 2018
I worked the US Postsl Service for 23 years. It was a job that provided good benefits for my son and myself because I was a single mom. The work environment was nit a good one but I endured because of the benefits .
Good benefits
Minpunten
Work environment was terrible.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent benefits and great pay!
Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Alexandria, VA20 oktober 2018
The union, The National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC), helps to make this a great place to work. Management was using a stress-based approach but now they are changing towards a more relaxed work culture.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
not worth it other than short-term
Career Carrier Assistant (CCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  Rahway, NJ20 oktober 2018
as a new employee CCA I was worked overtime excessively.....often 60 hours a week.
I rarely knew which ONE day per week I would have off...a few times I learned of my day off upon arriving at the office to work and told that THAT very same day was my day off......very difficult to plan anything outside of work under these conditions.
Pluspunten
outside, working independently much of the time, no down time
scheduling mentioned above
City Carrier Assistant
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL20 oktober 2018
The CCA role at the USPS is a temporary position. You are such subjected to the same work as an intern with no benefits. The management can vary station to station. Some station management will give you the worst job experience of your life.
No Pros
Bad Management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Pay and benefits are good
Clerk/mail handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY & LaGrange,KY19 oktober 2018
High stress level from management, always pushing you to do more faster. If they don't like you for some reason it's ten times worse. Pay is good but not worth the hassle.
good pay and benefits
Minpunten
Putting up with Management your back constantly
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
depends
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA19 oktober 2018
I didnt take a single break/lunch break while working at the post office. Supervisor was constantly calling my cell phone to get updates on where I was located. I was almost shot in shoot out during my route and was told "hahaha get used to it, its a bad neighborhood"
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 2Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag