United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 12.904 reviews worden getoond
Very physical job.
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Rockport, IN7 december 2017
I lost close to 25lbs when I started carrying mail. The first few weeks are tough, but once you get used to it it can be a great place to work. I worked in a small office with very little chance to become full time but I loved the people I worked with and the relaxed schedule.
Relaxed schedule, Great co workers
Minpunten
Small office not a lot of hours, or chance for advancement
Bedrijfscultuur
great people to work with
Maintenance Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Newton, MA7 december 2017
Nice company to work for the pay is lousy , I love the people that I worked with there. Nice manager and wanted the best for his employees. Great training there also.
free lunches
Minpunten
short breaks and no benefits
Great
Casual Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Flushing, NY7 december 2017
Great experience. I wish I would work here full-time. I enjoyed the work and my co-workers. The location was fine and everyone was very helpful on the job.
Bedrijfscultuur
enjoyed helping the community w the services of the post office
Postmaster Relief (voormalige medewerker) –  Perryville, AK7 december 2017
do paperwork, help customers when needed, wait for the mail plane

the hardest part of this job was the lifting of heavy boxes.

worked in a village po so was fairly laid back.

best part of job was getting the customers the mail they have been waiting for
short hours
short hours
stressful
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlantic City, NJ6 december 2017
very stressful, no help when desired to learn or in need of assistance, if you have 75minutes of casing work, management wants you to get it done in 45 minutes. Breaks are frowned upon if you are backed up, management prefers you to keep going and skip your breaks for the whole day. I can count in 7 months, I went on a full break 6 times. You need to learn how to multitask and safely too. Its not the same type of multitasking you do in a regular office. The post office is very different from any work you will ever do.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Its not for everyone
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX6 december 2017
If you dont mind a lot of physical hard work this is the job for you. Includes standing, walking, or sitting for long periods of time. You work independently, with little inaction from others aside from people you encounter while on the route.
As far as management it varies from location to location. Generally you are expected be quick with no mistakes.
Starting out you will have to earned your vacation time. So for every 20 you work in a pay period you get 1 hour of leave.
Pluspunten
Pay, leave, no one standing over your shoulder
Minpunten
Short breaks, limited access to restroom, working out doors in all weather condition
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Cut Throat
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Newark, NJ6 december 2017
Not Sure if it is just the location in which my position is, but the atmosphere at the Post Office is very stressful. I deliver in very dangerous areas in the pitch dark.
Pluspunten
Pay is higher than others, job security
Minpunten
Location, amount of expectation vs pay
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Boring but it pays the bill
Data Conversion Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT6 december 2017
My temporary probationary supervisor was racist!! She was constantly watching me like a hawk. The day I was let go, I brought my doctors note in for missing work. She told me she doesn't care if I have a doctor's note. She was just waiting for me to make a mistake so she could fire me. She was very heartless. She fired me right before Thanksgiving and holidays. Bottom line is the job is good it's just poor management. All they care about is you showing up to do the job. But as far as when LIFE happens, they could care less about it. Especially when you have a valid reason.
Bedrijfscultuur
A lot to learn, you must have love for customers
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX6 december 2017
A fun place to work, advancement, extra hours, despite some unknowable supervisors who only pick on carriers to make their lives miserable just for fun; other supervisors are great friends of the carriers, managers are good when they go for carriers's efficiently and not for others gossipy
Pluspunten
You learn to manage your job efficiently each day
Minpunten
bad supervisors in some stations (and lazy carriers who always ask for help)
lot of work
hours (voormalige medewerker) –  Jefferson City, MO6 december 2017
ok for the moment was a temp work long hrs doing the holiday time I was new so they work every penny out of me. confused me on what days I should be there
It was alright...
Rural Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Gilbert, AZ6 december 2017
I have to say that I really didn't enjoy this job. It was so boring and mind numbing in the sort center. Couldn't wait to get out driving to delivery stuff.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced with little time off.
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  Sun City Center, FL6 december 2017
The other carriers were always available for any questions you had. Expect 50 or more hours a week. You earn no benefits until you become a regular carrier which could take up to three years.
Work alone
Minpunten
Wouldn't work with you to schedule you a day off to go to the doctor. Appointment was 30 days out.
Physically Demanding but fun
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Grand Rapids, MI6 december 2017
I loved my job, learned a lot of new things,made lots of friends, supervisors were very helpful and understanding. Work was simple but physically demanding.
Pluspunten
good pay, fulltime hours casual environment, lifetime benefits
poor work life balance
Terrible job
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Perrysburg, OH6 december 2017
Awful management that treats employees like pawns. Completely inflexible and upward movement is slow. The major problems are management and an impossible work-life balance when starting the job.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
No work life balance
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH6 december 2017
No work life balance. A very stressful place to work. You get treated like a child. Takes forever to be converted. Your a over worked. You work with people who get away with not doing any work
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Cca
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Orwigsburg, PA5 december 2017
Overall it was decent. The major problems that I have faced were no medical for the United States Government Employee, considering being in the inclement weather. Also young workers move faster than elder workers and the time monitoring is a chaotic mess.
Outside in Community, Government Job
Feds play mind games
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
My enjoyable day
Mail Carrier/ Assistant Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA5 december 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people on the route and helping them with anything I could with the post office help. Also receiving smiles from the customers or giving it to them.
smiles to the customers.
long hard hours.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Driver Safety Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Grand Rapids, MI5 december 2017
Great place to work. 150 characters is an awful lot of words to type when all that you want to say is "the United States Postal Service is a great place to work".
Pay and benefits
Gossip
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Solitary work environment
Package Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX5 december 2017
As a package handler, my work environment was usually solitary which I very much appreciated. The work was very physical, but also very rewarding. Break were short and unpredictably timed, but if you had a gallon of water and a busy day, there was no hunger to worry about (in my case anyway).
solitary work environment
short breaks
Postal Service is a career
Machine Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL5 december 2017
Working as a clerk was easier work than when I became a mailhandler. Unloading trucks and weighing thousand of pound of mail is a lot for a woman. Management was like being in the military. You do the get the hours you want. It's not a job if you have small children.
Good money and benefits.
Minpunten
Night shift, alot of hours.

Algehele waardering