United States Postal Service Reviews

18.443 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 18.450 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Rode Managment
PSE WINDOW CLERK (start (voormalige medewerker) –  Passaic, NJ7 december 2018
The managers don’t care about you or your family. The job has to be done no matter what even if You sick or have a young kids they don’t care about there employees.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Sales Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Beachwood, OH7 december 2018
Busy
Don’t take people for granted.
Management some improvements is needed.
Job no hard at all.
One on one and up close and personal with customers.
Pluspunten
Half hour to one hour lunches
10-15 min. Breaks
great place to work
PSA SSDA (voormalige medewerker) –  Suffern, NY7 december 2018
the USPS is a great place to work, however their hiring process is backwards. I don't feel they make you feel secure about working here. You risk your previous job I feel for something that might not be solid. they make you go through this whole hiring process just to be let down in the end I feeI. So I got hired, did my fingerprints and went through the whole process, then took my clerk academy as I was asked, took the test and failed it, now I'm out of a job., because that one of their conditions, you have to pass the test in order for you to keep your position. So I now have no job, with a family of 4 and very little income coming in. Its a great place but beware of their conditions to work for them.
salary, hours
job security
4,0
Good Place to work
Personal Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Detroit, MI7 december 2018
Post Office is a good place to work. I was fortunate enough to have several detail assignments during my career. From CFS (central Fordwarding System) to Consumer Affairs, and Personnel Assistant, as well as preparing prerequisites for relocating Post Offices.
Detail assignments
Terrible Management
Mail Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Upper Arlington, OH7 december 2018
It is no wonder that the post office is tanking and continuously receiving complaints about bad service. When you are hired as a mail carrier you are made aware that the hours are long. Working long hours was not the issue. The issue lies in the lack of respect that comes along with the long hours. It was really difficult to work 10-12 hours a day six days a week and feel so unappreciated. Management has no accountability and no organization. Often times you are told by text message 30 minutes in advance that you need to be at work early. You find out your day off the morning of if you even get one that week. When I asked about my uniform allotment I was ignored. I was sent to take outgoing mail to our sorting facility one night after the day was done. Upon return was told via text message that management had already locked up and that I should just leave the key to the vehicle in the gas cap. I was asked on several occasions to return vehicles while off the clock. They rely on you to use your own cell phone to figure out where you are going when you are unfamiliar with the area. They would direct us to scan packages that were not delivered by 8pm with a "no access" scan so they didnt look like a fail. This is simply dishonest and no way to manage a business. The postal service seemed like a great opportunity until I actually worked there. I was originally stationed at an office which was fine for the most part. They then permanently moved me to another station and things progressively went downhill.

If the USPS would restructure their management and treat their employees
  meer... with a little respect and appreciation they would have a far less turnover rate. The job was great. Even the long hours didnt suck. The management is terrible. I would love to work there again but I simply will not tolerate working my butt off for someone who has zero accountability.  minder
Money, Working Alone
Minpunten
Management, Long Hours, Unqualified Managers, No Accountability, Lack of Care, Lack of Organization
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
The post office leaves a lot to be desired.
United States Postal Service Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Pawtucket Rhode Island7 december 2018
The mail is late a lot of the time. Also out of order a lot. The mail is supposed to be set up for you in a certain way but the Plant that distributes the mail to the offices is extremely sloppy so you end up having to do it, which makes you leave the office to to start your route late. Never any real explanation as to why this always happens. The supervisor usually seem just as confused as the regular carriers as to why things are out of order. The times to finish routes are usually never correct and it takes more time to finish than they give you, but will still get on you for not doing it in a "timely manner". Constantly having to do other peoples work for various reasons. Something always comes up and 9/10 times your stuck with it. Being told when your done with your route to drive to a different office to do somebody else's work for whatever reason. The equipment they give you to use like scanners and their trucks are in poor condition and they don't seem to be in any rush to fix them or improve them.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
job analysis
MPLSM OPERATOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Albany, NY7 december 2018
worked a cut throat environment with no direction for assistance to help grow in post office never felt like a person was encouraged to do well for maybe an advancement somewhere down the road it was a job that we and i mean we as employees had made a career
working conditions good
terrible terrible management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  East Stroudsburg, PA7 december 2018
Union. Growth potential to management. Great team work. Very fast pace. Strainous lifting. Very timely manner. Accuracy while distributing the mail to its correct address.Potential to gain extra and or overtime hours. During your interview ask to be taught extra routes after you have learned your first route.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
4,0
review
Clerk/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Pine Lake Estates, GA6 december 2018
the post office is very demanding. The work life balance could be better but the mail never stops. If you have mental health issues this may not be the place for you
Stressful Job
Mail Carrier (Postman/Mailman) (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Petersburg, FL6 december 2018
High Expectations, Runners make the regulars look like slugs which hurts the whole business.

Given 10-12 hours of mail But expected to deliver mail in 8 hours
good pay and benefits
too many hours, working 13 days in a row with 1 day off
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Tempoary job
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA6 december 2018
It was just a temporary holiday seasonal job. I wasn't prepared to handle 12 hours a day. I got burned out and resigned from this temporary job. I am currently working at FedEx Grounds Sacramento Hub as a Package Handler part time for a year and half.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Pays ok but environment no good
Dont want to say (huidige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA6 december 2018
Pay is ok the environment is no good. And management are always on the computer. And all you ever here from orther employee no body cares. I think they need to change all that are in charge of the company. No wonder no one I know wants to work for the post office.
Pay ok
Minpunten
Management dont in force safety all talk
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Great Job, but management sucks
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX6 december 2018
The job is amazing, but the management seems to enjoy making the job as difficult as possible. It takes a while to get use to it, but it's a very simple job.
Great Pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
productive
Holiday clerk assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD 212256 december 2018
everyone help you all the time and it is very stressful at times and very busy .the managers are all over the place some help you and some not ,you get confused when no one train you
discounts
short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
2,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Probation needs to be altered dramatically
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Battle Creek, MI6 december 2018
The union can't protect your job for the first 90 days, meaning if you get a bad supervisor they have full authority to cut you loose for farting the wrong way if they see fit, the union should have full powers from the word go, I was cut loose for no wrong doing, it was really despicable to simply be told you weren't "working out" and know it was due to a corrupt supervisor.
Money
Everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard working, Encouragement and willingness to work as a team
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Sandston, VA6 december 2018
Enjoyable place to work and the diversity uniqueness abilities of the coworkers coming together to make a difference and building business relationships.
Alot of discrimination/ favortism
RCA-Rural carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Kailua-Kona, HI5 december 2018
Need better management and supervisors, There is a lot of discrimination between males and females, Favoritism is a big part in the USPS Kailua Kona Post Office.
I love my Job
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Wetumpka, AL5 december 2018
I love my job but the physical aspect is becoming unbearable. I represent carriers when there is an issue with discipline. I have held different positions in the union for example secretary and finacial secretary.
Pluspunten
great benefits good customer relations great salaries
very physical and stressful
2,0
Poor Management
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX 761615 december 2018
I have worked with the USPS for three years. The work environment is very unpredictable and mismanaged. The employee usually has a low moral and not willing to work. Hours easily extend a normal 40 hour work week. Working six days and twelve hours a day for a year and more. Unwilling to work with employee's on time and work schedule.
Great pay
Unpredictable
A sometimes challenging position
Mail Processor (Casual) (voormalige medewerker) –  Billerica, MA5 december 2018
Worked as a letter carrier and a mail processor at a Postal HUB. Delivered mail, parcels to homes and businesses on different assigned delivery routes. I learned how to manage time, based on the varying levels of mail issued each day. The toughest day consisted of delivering on an unfamiliar route or having an abundance of mail to deliver. Or being given an additional workload between more than one route.
Pluspunten
The ability to work alone
Minpunten
Working in extreme weather, being on an unfamiliar route
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag