United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 15.679 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall, it's a cool place to work. It helps to pay the bills
Custodian (huidige medewerker) –  Newark, NJ12 juni 2018
For the most part, and this serves as the most enjoyable part of the job as well, a typical day at work is as long as my work is done, I have very little communication with management. The problem is when one employee goofs up, it affects everyone, but that's life's one monkey stopping the whole show law. I learned how to beauty my home. The hardest part of the job having to get there; the job itself is cake. My only concern with management is, in my humble opinion, when obstacles arise, egos and titles should be put to the side and management should inquire from the people that are actually doing the work, that are willing to comply, "what's our best route to solve this problem?".
happy work environment
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Hummelstown, PA12 juni 2018
usually worked five or six days a week depending on others'schedule . i learned how to work independently and as a team. Good management team and coworkers
Work
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Rose Bud, AR12 juni 2018
Its great money but the wear and tear on your vehicle and body make it hard at times. You are out on the road alone at times that's good and at times its not.
Post office
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI12 juni 2018
My position was temporary and in an unfamiliar area which played a huge part in my failed attempts to successfully do the job at hand. The company was not at fault it was error on my part to think I would be able to keep up in an area of unfamiliarity.
I love it
Clerk/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA12 juni 2018
It's a job that will keep you busy and make time fly
The employees help you if you don't know or are uncertain what to do
this is the best job I had ever.....
Favorite Job Ever
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cuba, NY12 juni 2018
I loved my position as a rural letter carrier. I will return the first chance I get. I loved the challenge of efficiently sorting and arranging the mail. I loved the travel and the brief opportunities to meet my customers
Working Hours
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Port Orange, FL12 juni 2018
I really enjoyed my time at the post office. However you are a running all day from the time you punch in to the time you leave. And sometimes you have to work several days in a row (including Sundays) before you get a day off. One of the biggest cons is you work so many hours in the week and you bend over backwards for management and you're not even guaranteed full time. Some CCAS have to wait years, even 12 before they get their own route. I did enjoy being outside and delivering, i just wish there was something different about benefits and being able to convert to regular sooner.
Typical Mail Handler
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN12 juni 2018
This is your typical sorting, off loading trucks and loading trucks type of job. On some occasions you will process mail by hand if the machine is down but thats not much. Hardest part of the job was the 3rd shift hours and unloading hot trucks that have been sitting in the sun all day.
Good money
N/A
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
working at the post office
City Carrier Assistant, I (huidige medewerker) –  Fresno, CA 9370612 juni 2018
Being able to talk with coworkers in a work environment keeps moral up and attitudes down when dealing with management, typical work day involves working with the public all kinds of ethnicities, hardest part of job would be not being right when it comes to supervisors, the most enjoyable part is working with good people and dealing with customers in the business and residential aspects
Descent place to work
working with management
Bedrijfscultuur
Good pay depending on position. Horrible management. Abusive supervisors.
Postal Clerk / Expeditor (huidige medewerker) –  Valencia, CA12 juni 2018
The pay was decent. Superiors and management were abusive and disrespectful. Especially to new hires. Worked there for 2 years and recieved no benefits, no sick time, and no paid vacation. Forced to work a rediculous amount of overtime. And no sense of job security..they constantly remind you that you can be fired at anytime for any reason.
Decent pay.
Minpunten
No job security. No payed vacation. No sick time. Forced overtime.
I enjoyed it.
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, WV11 juni 2018
Everybody is willing to help you and very encouraging of what you do there. It is physical labor the pay is worth it. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned new ways to get mail sent out.
Clerk
Sales,Svcs / Distribution Assoc, USPS (voormalige medewerker) –  Farmington, MN11 juni 2018
There are certain people who can handle working at the post office. As a clerk; the hardest part for me was the scheme to know. Otherwise everything else came naturally and flowed.
Not a fun place to work
Carrier/Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Boise, ID11 juni 2018
Day in and day out the work is monotonous. Many injuries from repetition. Shoulder, knee and carpal tunnel surgeries. Looking to advance after 15 years, but the promotions went to friends and family of the current management.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Good opportunity
Sales and Services Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Hartford City, IN11 juni 2018
The postal service was a good place to work. I liked what I did when I was in Muncie which was carrying mail but when I got talked into going to Hartford City it turned out not to be what I thought it was. I am working split shifts and 6 days a week and sometimes only getting 25 hours a week. Also the position that I have the hours change constantly which I don’t like right now while i have a 2 and 4 year old. It is a good job but is just no longer working for my family and I. We need something more stable and the same from day to day.
Postmaster Relief Temporary
Owls Head (voormalige medewerker) –  Port Clyde, ME11 juni 2018
Not a career move. Left for a real job. Had to cobble together 5 post offices to get a weekly salary. No job security and no benefits. Made 9.99 per hour with no guarantee of hours.
nice people
poor pay/benefits
productive
PTF Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  dawson ga 3984211 juni 2018
It"s a great place to work for people with older kids the hours are no longer working for me. Because I have a four year old son and my work hours are from 6 a.m its hard for me to get someone to keep him or get him off to school.
fast paced
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Muskegon, MI11 juni 2018
Very fast paced environment. Supervisors were helpful. I was only there for 2 months so there isn't much to say. It was difficult for me to deliver the mail in a timely manner due to me not being familiar with the area.
Satisfying work but unpredictable
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Boston, GA11 juni 2018
As a rural carrier associate you are basically a substitute. RCA's work routes in the absence of the regular carrier. Regular carriers do not work on Sundays and, on average, receive one more day off during the week (they usually choose Saturdays or Mondays). So most RCA's are only guaranteed one day per week. Each route is assigned an RCA, therefore, when a regular carrier is absent, the RCA assigned to that route is the first one called. If that RCA is unavailable, RCA's are called based on seniority.

RCA's work schedules are very unpredictable. One week you may work 40 hours, the next week you may only work your guaranteed day. Some days can be long (possibly 12 hours), especially during the holiday season. The hourly rate is good for the job. Beats many comparable positions, but again, you have to deal with an unpredictable schedule.

The workplace is not bad. Carriers arrive in the morning and sort/organize mail and parcels, place mail in sequence, load mail in vehicle, and finally deliver it. Some routes are assigned postal vehicles, but some routes require the carrier to use his or her personal vehicle. The weather can make you day good or bad.

Management tends to move around quite a bit, especially in larger post offices. Overall, management is fair and understanding. Supervision is minimal for carriers as most of your day is spent on the street.

Some RCA's have become regular carriers within a year (not common) and some have worked 10 to 15 years (very common) before obtaining a full-time position. It all depends on regular carrier movement,
  meer... office needs, and seniority.

Overall, not a bad place to work. RCA's do come and go. Must be flexible and willing to accept an unpredictable work life.
  minder
Pluspunten
Good pay, good work environment
Minpunten
Poor work/life balance, poor pay stability, slow advancement
Very fast pace
Mail Handler Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Greenville, SC11 juni 2018
It was an experience that may not be for everyone. Very fast pace and physically demanding. Everything has a deadline. Mail needed to be out by a certain time.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work if you can handle high demands
Rural Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Lincolnton, NC10 juni 2018
Good place to work in high intensity high demand high standards daily with great pay and benefits for your time not much room for advancement in a long period of time
Pay
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag