United States Postal Service Reviews

17.304 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 17.305 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Delivery/Sales Services & Distribution (huidige medewerker) –  Guaynabo, PR15 oktober 2018
The hardest part of the job for me is the schedule. Poor communication between the supervision, carry out a plan not based on the needs of the station therefore it is not followed at the time of carrying out. The most enjoyable part of the job is to share time with my co-workers.
kjgguk
jkggu
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Environment friendly
LETTER CARRIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX15 oktober 2018
A typical day at work would consist of me preparing my mail to deliver, secure my environment and check up on my transportation. Complete my shift successfully and report to my manager if needed.
Servant leadership
short lunch breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Unnecessary workloads, most of the time we are forced to work excessive hrs
CLERK (huidige medewerker) –  PNDC VASSAR ST, RENO, NV15 oktober 2018
Working manually is very stressful and what you do is not appreciated, forced overtime work exceeding 10 hours, and being told to work on multi sections and different locations
FREE BRAKES
SHORT LUNCH
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Tough environment
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Greensboro, NC15 oktober 2018
This place is probably one of the toughest places that I've ever worked. Mandatory overtime, tough manager and tougher work. Not for those who want an easy job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Can be stressful
Retired (voormalige medewerker) –  Worth, IL15 oktober 2018
Used to be a great company to work for, because of the benefits paid vacations sick time holiday pay, etc., however upon the new technology introduced such as intelligent scanners automated sorting of mail and the Amazon push lately it has become very stressful trying to measure up with management requirements. Therefore I decided to take an early retirement.
Pluspunten
Time and half paid for overtime work
Breaks are very short
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
fast paced and it was a great job
Clerk/Truck terminal (voormalige medewerker) –  Wallingford, CT15 oktober 2018
I loved unloading trucks and keying in the parcel mail on the spbs machine and the flat sorter and the people that been working there for years always help me out to improve myself even more.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Seasonal is Good, Post Master for CCA was Horrid.
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Naugatuck, CT15 oktober 2018
I always wanted to work for the post office but it's so hard to get your foot in the door. When I finally did as a seasonal, it was strict but fair. The job description was exactly what was asked of us. Later when I was picked to interview for a CCA position, the postmaster seemed off-putting and a bully. Like the position had gone to his head. My ride along with an outgoing employee went well until we returned for the day and he cracked me in the head with the overhead back door of the truck. He asked me not to say anything as it would ruin his promotion, so I didn't. I got let go after missing my training class due to an emergency hospital visit with my mom.

Great pay but this would be only good if you are single with no outside life.
Great Pay.
Minpunten
Cold, Unfeeling, Bully Tactics, not welcoming to new comers.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
No work life balance or appreciation Dont Do it!
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Granbury, TX15 oktober 2018
No work life balance or appreciation Don't Do it! Can take up to 15 years to become career and get benefits until then you get treated like dog pooh. And don't even guaranty more than 1 day a week.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Fast
City Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Cupertino, CA14 oktober 2018
Its an environment where you have to work fast pace. There are days where long hours are required to work. When holidays come around or elections those times a year are the busiest and long hours required.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Stressful and competitive workplace
Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN14 oktober 2018
The ever changing postal service is geared for the fast paced strong bodied worker. Management is overly stressed by the corporate office and try to lead employees the best they can. This style of leadership tends to conflict in the job that needs to be done. In my opinion it is hard to follow orders as a supervisor if the people above you haven’t experienced the actual working environment.
Good benefits and retirement
Minpunten
High stress and bad hours
Horrible
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX14 oktober 2018
A typical day at work was very hot, hard labor, long, and miserable. The job was very stressful and strenuous. I learned that it is hard to work for certain management. Your hard work is never enough when working at the post office. The culture of working at the Post Office was very horrible and did not live up to the myth. Management is hard to work for. The management has their picks and chooses. The hardest part of the job was working long shifts not getting compensated for my hard work and long hours. There was nothing enjoyable about the job at all.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Post Office
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY14 oktober 2018
Decent pay and benefits. Bad thing is you work about 55-72 hours a week. Until you become a "regular" your job is in the hands of management. The job itself is very simple. It is very unorganized.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
stressful place to be
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL14 oktober 2018
Supervisors are not trust worthy. They will use you for their own gain then drop you. I never really got a fair shot to show my potential and dedication to the job.
pay
stress
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Productive and fun co-workers
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX13 oktober 2018
The job is what you make of it. You have to love working outside or you want enjoy being a letter carrier. It helps to get to a sub-station with a good management team.
Great pay
Minpunten
upper management has no people skills
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Dont do it!
PSE Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbandale, IA13 oktober 2018
I’ve never experienced Work place bullying until I started working as a PSE. Management will protect who they are sleeping with or the person who is their favorite due to all of the sucking up they do. Went to the postmaster about the work place bullying that I was experiencing and he did nothing, but I was moved to another station. At the new station I was continuously picked at (which happens when management has a POW wow about you). Couldn’t plan doctors appointments because my schedule always changed last minute without notice. Stressful work place. I was punshed for getting injured on the job by management taking hours away from me. I would work 40+, then when I made it known that I had an injury that came from work my hours were cut to under 30 hours. I would be shunned for taking up for myself after receiving unfair treatment. Glad I found a new job and will be starting that real soon.
Good pay
Too many to name
Bedrijfscultuur
They pay you well but the job is not easy.
Manager of Distribution (huidige medewerker) –  MA13 oktober 2018
For some people it is great.
What I look for in a job is
Work/Life balance
To be able to work remotely
Weekends off
Be able to travel.

I did not find it in my current position. I'm not trying to change the company I am looking elsewhere for employment.
Responsiblilty
Stress
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work and to get a good workout
Lead mail process clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Schaumburg, IL13 oktober 2018
It’s a great place to work and grow there are a lot of nice ppl in the post office the best way to get though it is to work hard come on time and just be prepared to do your best
Very Challenging Environment
Mail Carrier El Paso (voormalige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX12 oktober 2018
Expectations were reinforced every day. Employees always understood what was expected of them on a daily basis. Benefits were great, planned time off some times was revoked.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9Nee 1Rapporteren
productive
Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL12 oktober 2018
Nice Place to be. You have to be productive, focus on what you are doing and follow all safety precautions. Be on time and make sure that you clock in and out on time.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Working inside the post office
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Pace, FL12 oktober 2018
Working at the post office gave me opportunity to learn different job positions while working there. I had to learn how to work in an environment that can be very stressful along with completing my task within a certain time frame everyday. I was able to deal with hundreds of customers a day and along with being able to handle any situation that may occur on a daily basis. Customer service and delivery is the main task for mail carriers. As a supervisor the overall main goals are customer service, to have all mail delivered to customers, have their mail carriers back in the office by a certain time safely, and make dispatch daily. Reporting to my Post Master and district was required daily to keep them informed of what was happening in my office. Completing many different reports and filing them daily was required along with payroll. The hardest part of my job was the long hours and getting my carriers back in the office by the required end of day time.
Pluspunten
career advancement, great healthcare insurance
long hours, stressful
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag