United States Postal Service Reviews

16.064 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 16.065 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Cca and mha
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX13 juli 2018
I was hired the first time around as a MHA and after a month of working almost 12 hours everyday I was exhausted. The work is very demanding on the body and mail handlers that have worked there forever don't do much. Was hired again as a CCA and it was the most stressful job I have ever had. Management is awful and demands a lot of you without most of them ever performing the job they are managing. The pay and benefits are great but they come at a high cost. To the USPS you are expendable and will treat you as such. If you plan on working there hope that you get a supervisor that is good because if not you will just be set up for failure. I do not recommend working here. Save yourself the heartache and lack of life.
Pay and Benefits
Minpunten
Management, long wait to become a regular, lack of life
review
Mail Courier (voormalige medewerker) –  Manassas, VA13 juli 2018
was a great place to work and I enjoyed it but needed insurance and had a high risk pregnancy. the manager at the time wasn't very cooperative with my dr appts. even with a note.
City Carrier Assistant
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA13 juli 2018
It is a very demanding job. They want you to work seven days a week and at least 10 hours a day. It is a very physical job. You walk for long periods of time, and you have to lift heavy parcel packages daily.
Great Place to work
Manager Transportation Operations (huidige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN13 juli 2018
I feel that I have had a really good career with the Post Office and have moved through the ranks from road driver to the Acting Manager of the tractor trailer operations. I oversee 6 shift Supervisors and 114 drivers.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, no room for advancement
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington, VA13 juli 2018
Stressful and fast paced work. Considered part time worker but routinely worked over 40 hours per week 6-7 days a week with no benefits. Good pay if you can stand the physical and mental strain.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It's an ok place to work
Supervisor Distribution (voormalige medewerker) –  Oakland, CA13 juli 2018
Some of the policies that are set in place are unrealistic. I enjoyed my time at the postal service once I figured out how to navigate through the nonsense.
Great Benefits
Too many to name.
Do not work for USPS
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN13 juli 2018
I wouldn't recommend. The management is terrible. The culture is terrible. The pay when I left was 17.98 but it still isn't work it. Just my opinion but I was there for almost 3 years
pay
everything else
It’s ok
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL13 juli 2018
Your life will change working here . It is very fast paced and strenuous . You will not be happy working here if you like desk jobs . The benefits are extremely wonderful
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Strenuous fast paced labor
Loved it
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA13 juli 2018
Had a great time working at the post office, and also made the most money ive ever made working a job, but it just wasn't a right fit for me helping my family out at the same time with other family troubles.
Exciting Fast paced
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Lufkin, TX13 juli 2018
Typical work day, receiving mail for the day. Sort (case) your route, load mail, and packages accordingly for delivery. It can be a little stressful starting out.
Meeting new people daily
Inclement weather working conditions
Work ethic means nothing
PSE Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Gallup, NM12 juli 2018
It's all about seniority. If you're starting as a PSE good luck ever moving up. Management is pathetic. Very egotistical work environment. No erge to sell. The regular career employees are the worst. They call in regularly and do not take pride in their work most of the time. You must be very patient to work here. Terrible environment overall. One upside...the pay is decent. But not really much advancement as people expect.
Pay
EVERYTHING ELSE
Mail sorting
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA12 juli 2018
Mail comes out of a sorting bin at a fast paced and you have to sort the mail into the different zip codes and make sure it’s routed to the right post office.
Pluspunten
Lots of team work and relaxed atmosphere
Really fast paced
more quakified employees
Part-time Flex Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Bonne Terre, MO12 juli 2018
I was thankful for the pay and benefits. There wasn't as much hope in career advancement as I worked behind 2 clerks who were not physically capable of fulfilling job needs.
Rca for usps
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, AZ12 juli 2018
Working for the USPS was a wonderful experience. The only down fall, in my opinion, was the length of time it takes to climb up the seniority list to become a full-time, regular, employee.

People you work with make the job fun.

Hard work that you eventually get the rhythm of.
Post office
Mail Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA12 juli 2018
working for usps was a experience management wasnt organized
Management in the main office was very rude and unprofessional majority of days. I would never work for this employer ever again.
they pay
50-60 hours per week consistent verbal abuse, pushes hard
Fast paced environment
Mail Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Doral, FL12 juli 2018
Everything was timed so it was fast paced. Management was understanding sometimes of family affairs. I was able to invent a new way of scanning time sensitive parcels that was implemented into becoming a required process as per the postmaster request.
MAIL HANDLER (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL12 juli 2018
Busy and productive place to work at. The people are amazing you work with and are very reliable. You will sweat from hard work but consider it as a daily needed workout.
Quiet ralaxing environment
Casual File Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Catonsville, MD12 juli 2018
Mornings were often busy and face paced. Usually slows up around 11:oo am. the most enjoyable part of the job was I had some awesome co workers. Management was pretty fair. The hardest part of my job was having to leave once my assignment ended.
Great work environment
Contractual No Benefits
Bedrijfscultuur
A normal day at the post office.
Postal Support Employee Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Trenton, NJ12 juli 2018
A normal day at the post office plant required me to cover dispatch which meant making sure the mail gets sent out on time. I learned that time management means a-lot to large corporations. My experience with management was ok because I was always open to making sure I did my job to the best of my ability. The workplace environment was very conducive. I would say the hardest part of the job was working the holidays because it required us to be there for longer period of times. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and benefits.
Fantastic career!
Manage (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO12 juli 2018
31 years! Blessed beyond belief! Now preparing to retire at 56 with a decent pension! It's hard work but they have been very good to me and my family! Lots of opportunities to grow!
Pluspunten
Salary, benefits, retirement, paid holidays, opportunity to grow, relication all over, matching 401k
Minpunten
Hard work, but you get what you pay for! Not flexible hours.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag