United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 22.720 reviews matching the search See all 22.721 reviews
4,0
Work to make this a good job.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FL9 October 2019
The USPS is a good place to work. For the most part the work is easy but there are days when you will become exhausted and find that at 5:00 pm you still have an hour to go. The day starts in the office getting ready for your day's route. Knowing the job and the shortcuts here will save a lot o time later. Delivery can be quick or not. It's all about pacing. I set goals to be at this place by this time. When I can take an extra short break for a washroom or a soda I will do that. Management will typically not call me or ask me to help. They also do not regularly offer me help on days when I know I will be late. But I have a great route with caring thoughtful customers many of whom I greet by name. They offer me drinks and snacks all throughout the day.
the money good
Nashville - Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN9 October 2019
if you can deal with horrible management, being talk to any kind of way,
working 10 to 12 hours shifts 6 days a week and no work life balance. the usps would be for you.
Awful.
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CA 955019 October 2019
Full time DiOSS 1 Operator. The Eureka Main Post office is the worst place to work. Poor management, low morale, machine failure translated to clerk failure to management. Co workers (for the most part) were mean, vindictive and awful. I would never seek employment from them again. Even $18 an hour can’t make me stay. Especially in California.
Ok job
Mail Handler Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, IL9 October 2019
Not enough advancement opportunities.
The employee are overworked and sometimes treated poorly. The company is great to be a part of.
It's the work environment that needs work.
Pros
Financial stability
Cons
Mental stress
Avoid
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY9 October 2019
You are expected to work non stop. A very clickish environment. Management is deplorable, vindictive, sneaky, dishonest. A stereotypical union shop. Never mind your performance just stay around long enough.
Great job
Machine Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH9 October 2019
I enjoyed working at the P.O. The machines kept me busy, and you were allowed to wear your headsets, so you could listen to your music and get your job done. There’s times when you will have overtime, so if you want to make extra money, you can sign up on the overtime list.
Pros
Great company, great pay and benefits.
Cons
Just like every other job, it’s not perfect. There’s lots of people, lots of personalities, just stay focused and stay positive and it can work.
Enjoyed my days
Sales & Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Eupora, MS9 October 2019
Very fun when I was a carrier, then later about 5 years ago there was management issues. Postmaster did not try to find me lunch relief for 6 1/2 weeks. I worked 11 hour days with no breaks. I developed Anxiety attacks.
Pros
as a carrier, go home as soon as done
Cons
sometimes no breaks
ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VT9 October 2019
ok the post office is a good place3 to work as the checks keep coming in,their is little layoffs and the pay is good,not great but not bad either thanks
2,0
Over worked and under paid
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR9 October 2019
Very stressful work atmosphere with next to no recognition for your efforts. Zero work life balance with unrealistic time restraints.9+ days of work before you get a day off...
2,0
Great place for bitter people
Tractor trailer operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX9 October 2019
If you are bitter, don't like to speak to people but stare them down or simply incompetent this is for you. People brag about seniority but their knowledge doesn't make their skills. If you want to be micromanaged or forced to do the job of 3 people. Stay away.
Winter is rough
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ9 October 2019
Hard work but it pays off. It has it high points and it has its low points. If you follow the rules life will be easier. As a carrier I feel we literally carry the Post Office.
4,0
It was a secured & dependable job
Mailman (Former Employee) –  City island,bronx9 October 2019
I did 20+ years and never had any problems or accidents, and rewarded for job well done. You are required to work all the overtime you are able. I would come out of retirement and work there again.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Management too bossy
Not for everyone
CALL CENTER REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI9 October 2019
In my opinion the post office is unorganized and could care less about their employees. I worked there for six years and I feel like for someone who was committed to a company for a fairly long time I was not treated human
2,0
Tough Job, have to have thick skin to survive
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA9 October 2019
Mail carrying is a tough job. Be prepared to be sore, tired and have very little social life.
Best advice, go in, do your job, go home. Don't bother with any of the drama
4,0
It is important to have a balance life
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO8 October 2019
Very fast-paced work environment. one would have to be able to catch on very quickly with high comprehension. The hardest part of being in management was not being able to engage with every employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can connect, coach, and engage an employee to explore the possibilities of upward mobility.
Great Place for Growth
NTFT Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Folsom, NM8 October 2019
The advancement with USPS seems to happen real quick. I have grown in my knowledge of how the post office operates as well as all the work that goes on behind the scenes.
Overworked and unrealistic expectations
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TX8 October 2019
Management is terrible here. They will hold you to time standards that cannot be met and yell at you and tell you how incompetent you are if you cannot get an 8 hour route done in 5 hours. You will work 14 days straight before having just one day off.You will have to wait in line for career advancement that takes years to become regular with your own route. The postmaster drags his feet about it and will leave a route open for over 6 months.

Do not recommend working here because you are treated like a child and worked like a slave.
3,0
Stressful and hard on the body
Rural Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Lena, IL8 October 2019
The post office is fast paced and stressful. the benefits are very nice but work /life balance can be tough to juggle. Can very often work 6 days a week. can be dangerous
2,0
Summary
USPS Mail Carrier/clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT8 October 2019
Don't work in Utah!! Don't work there unless you a radical LDS member. As a carrier, older people tend to complain about anything. They have nothing better to do... In the workplace, I was harassed over and over by management until I almost lost my mind. I was stalked by 2 supervisors and labeled as a trophy. When I denied their advances, I plummeted. They made my life shackled. It took me a lawsuit and 2 years to recover. I couldn't leave the house to get the newspaper or mail because I had PTSD so bad I was home bound for 2.6 years. If you're pretty they move in on you, and stalk you. At least that's what happened to me. Twenty years later I still remember and feel the hardship of a woman of abuse in the work force like it was yesterday.
N/a
Mail Handler Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI8 October 2019
It was a ok job nothing bad to say about it, there was a lot of work and plenty of hours which I liked, but sometimes it can be negative because you don’t have a life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5