United States Postal Service Reviews

Alle 12.981 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Good benefits but dangerous and stressful work environment
Sales and Service Associate (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY10 december 2017
Good pay and benefits but dangerous and stressful work environment. It's the place for people who work hard. Job security is granted and the employees are assisted by Unions.
Pay and benefits
Stressful and dangerous
hard job
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Long Island, NY10 december 2017
fast paced, repetitive , district management does not understand that the mail carriers are human beings. they treat us more like robots and they cant do the job.
Be flexible
Retail/Distribution Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Fair Lawn, NJ10 december 2017
The USPS offers great benefits once hired full time. Hours vary. But, once f/t, it's easy to advance your career. Employment is pretty much guaranteed once you complete your first 90 days. The workday as a clerk consists of dispatch and sorting of mail and packages. Customer service including working the retail window. The USPS offers many training courses (mostly on line, during working hours) concerning all aspects of the job. Hardest part of the job is that the hours vary and normally starting at working a 6 day, part time work week. The best part of the job is dealing with the people, both peers and customers and learning from both.
Pluspunten
Once f/t, good benefits and chance for advancement
Minpunten
Must start as p/t. Not guaranteed a set amt of hours nor benefits.
Poor management
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Homer, IL10 december 2017
Don't care for this job at all. Never got to regular and would never which was my fault. As a54 yr old person all the walking was hurting, my body. I wanted to be able to walk at 60.
Free exercise
To many to write
Fast Passed and Stressful Workplace
City Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Dickinson, ND10 december 2017
The mail carrier is responsible for delivering various types of letters, certified mail, parcels and packages to home and business owners either on foot or via mail truck.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Really Fast Passed Workplace
love it
Mail Clerk (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Youngstown, OH10 december 2017
I learned a good deal on how the postal service works, it was a good learning experience. Despite the weather (as the motto goes) learning to deal with various people was the biggest challenge.
lessoned learned
don't have any
fun at-times
Bulk Mailroom Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA Byberry Rd10 december 2017
Union Job To many Chiefs seemed I & others in our stature, were the only one's working. Union workers were busy watching over you than doing their job
constant noise,due to machines/forklifts & other machines
It has been many years since I worked at Post Office/Bulk Center, They may have made some major changes
break time
Minpunten
to many eyes on you/being told what to do, even when you were busy doing something important
fast paced
Mail Sorter (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL10 december 2017
it was during christmas season and you would not believe all the packages that comes into that place.
very very busy. nice people that you meet.but you know how tired you can get.
great benefits
Minpunten
hard work and very demanding
bad management
RURAL POSTAL CARRIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Shreveport, LA9 december 2017
worked for this company full time during the holiday season and also during that time work slowed down during off season and was part time the pay was great but management never told me if i was working I did not have a set schedule
Simply Horrible
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY9 december 2017
Work from 8am till 9pm at night, no time for your family and really no life at all. Supervisors follow your truck to see what you doing all the time. Your always forced to sign a training a booklet, a month after its due, and your never fully trained on anything. Management barely knows what to do, Amazon Sundays is the worst because you get there at 10am and your scanning packages till 2pm then you start deliveries lol the worst place Ive worked at in my life.
Pluspunten
United health care with no co-pay thats it...
Too much too list
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced but easy work.
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Warrendale, PA9 december 2017
During the holidays, the Post Office is crazy. It makes for a busy, fast paced environment, but it also makes time fly. The only bad thing is it is temporary.
Steady, easy work
Minpunten
Your stay may only cover the holiday
56 hour weekly - Must be soldier like, and ok not seeing family
City Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Ballard, WA9 december 2017
I loved my job as a Postal Carrier but the way the managers treat people is really disheartening. There seems to be a lack of respect from both sides and generally everybody is pretty unhappy. There’s not much reward for working hard, and slackers can’t be fired so they end up getting overtime for being slow and makes hard workers lives harder. It’s a broken system all around. Definitely better off working for the competeiters. The hardest part of the job is how physically demanding it is. Especially when it’s pouring down rain, cold, freezing cold, snowing, very hot etc. Some days it’s wonderful, but some days are so miserable....
They don’t have enough workers which makes the job harder for everybody bc they pick up the workload of the absent mailman.
I think it’s a good place to work if you’re tough as nails and can’t find anything better.
Best job security
Minpunten
No time to see your family
Bedrijfscultuur
working at the post office was a good experience for me
Window Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL9 december 2017
the post office is one the best job I ever had. I enjoyed doing the customer service, speaking to people of different cultures. I also learn how to do some office work and ordering. I sorted mail manually and got a lot with my co workers and supervisors.
Holiday CCA
Holiday CCA (voormalige medewerker) –  Cut Bank, MT9 december 2017
I worked as a holiday CCA. I loved the Postmaster! I really enjoyed working for and with the Postmaster and the other employees. For only working a part time holiday position, I was made to feel very welcome and appreciated. My boss and coworkers were amazing!
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
a great place to work great!!! benefits
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO9 december 2017
Great job just doesnt fit me. its fast paced. emphasis on accuracy. must be organized. alot of exercise. fun dealing with all the people. you can make alot of good friends.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Usps
Processing Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Ledbetter, KY8 december 2017
Decent company to work for. However my experience hasn't been that great. I do not get enough hours to make a living. I don't have benefits because they are not affordable with my salary.
s/a
Manual Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO8 december 2017
This is a repetitive question which I already answered. typical day would include payroll, accounting, data entry and personnel functions. the management most of time was fair but you always had the ones with favorited. there was no hard part for me. the most enjoyable was completing assigned work.
distributed mails
Distribution Clerk/Acting Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Dulles, VA8 december 2017
use sorting machines to distributed mails to the proper city and state, and county. supervisor 4 to 20 peoples in performance day to day operator. fra
Bedrijfscultuur
I liked woking outside on my own.
Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Vadnais Heights, MN8 december 2017
The workplace culture is hostile. Management lacks people with an education beyond high school. Pressure to get the job done in 8 hours. Equipment that we used was old and sometimes difficult to use.
Pay and benefits.
Hostile work environment.
Poor management long hours
Mail handler (huidige medewerker) –  Pontiac, MI8 december 2017
A very stressful place to work u never get to see your family and you have to work long hours the management is terrible the managers treat u bad they don't work with you on scheduling
Paid time off