Reviews voor Clerk bij United States Postal Service

613 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard working but worth every second!
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Bridgeport, CT14 december 2017
USPS is definitely a career job! There is room for advancement and the benefits are average. You can choose better benefits depending on how much you want to spend. It can get hectic and demanding, but it's worth it!
Pluspunten
Earn your annual leave and it accrues pretty quick.
Minpunten
No pension, management can be stressful
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
large volume of mail
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Buffalo, NY12 december 2017
Mail comes in, sort mail. Open window, most customers are friendly and make the time pass. Learned how to do passports. Learned how to operate post office equipment.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
working at the post office was a good experience for me
Window Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL9 december 2017
the post office is one the best job I ever had. I enjoyed doing the customer service, speaking to people of different cultures. I also learn how to do some office work and ordering. I sorted mail manually and got a lot with my co workers and supervisors.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
s/a
Manual Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO8 december 2017
This is a repetitive question which I already answered. typical day would include payroll, accounting, data entry and personnel functions. the management most of time was fair but you always had the ones with favorited. there was no hard part for me. the most enjoyable was completing assigned work.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
Very stressful
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA8 december 2017
Working for the postal service is very tough and repetitive. Expect to work long hours and lots of stressful days with lack of pay. They only care if the mail is on time. They won't care if you have a family or school you will work hard for decent pay but it's not worth the work stress
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
LSM Operator
Clerk - LSM Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Macon, GA3 december 2017
This is a Level 6 position that was condusive to my job expectations. The LSM was discontinued in the late 90's.The most enjoyable part of the job was you had the opportunity to key mail at 100% all while listening to your music on your headphones as well as sitting down. Many employees in management tried to make this seem as if it were a distraction, but it was totally obvious, that they were jealous because they had to do more stressful work duties and were basically making the same pay. It is what it is.
3 break periods: 2 15-minute breaks and 1 30 min. lunch break
Minpunten
Jealous management: In a lot of cases, floor employees brought home more pay salary than those of management. Conflict.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Life at the Post Office
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA2 december 2017
I worked from 4am til 3pm. The morning started out very hectic. I was tasked to sort all mail that came in for that morning and deliver in to the driver employees. Any parcels that came through the office were handled by 1 other employee besides myself. I had to memorize which streets in the 19067 area were designated to which drivers route. I had to know the addresses and toss the products in the right mail carriers bucket. After that i stocked the entire Post Office Delivery. I also did jobs that i was not assigned to help out like shoveling in the snow.
Fast Pace, Good Pay
Minpunten
May be too fast paced and stresfi;
Bedrijfscultuur
its ok idepends on your hours and shifts
Window Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC28 november 2017
the post office is a hard place to work at it can be fun at times and the customers you meet different cultures every day its a challenge day to day you never know what to inspect all i can say is just do your job and you will be alright I like it
Pluspunten
no frree lunch or less we are in a meetting
Minpunten
breaks you must take it on time and be back on time so other staff can take there breaks
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Basically besides management job is good
Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Garden City, NY27 november 2017
Management is horrible. Job is ok pay is ok could be better pay with all the work they expect from you and put on you. As soon as I️ can find something better I️ will be putting in my 2 weeks.
Good job
Short breaks
All about mail
Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY25 november 2017
There’s barely any care of the employees. Is the mail over your life. I tried to change my schedule from night working being that I have a young baby but they didn’t accommodate with me.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Great co workers.
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Coeur d'Alene, ID25 november 2017
Great place to work some days slow some days fast pace. Great co workers will help anytime if you need help. Very good at safety. I would recommend people to work for them.
health insurance
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
good place to work good job security
window clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Peoria, IL21 november 2017
I made many really good friends,some of which I still keep in contact.I also continue to bank at the Postal credit union.I received several service awards while working the window
Pluspunten
great benefits and job security after probation
Minpunten
night shift was getting hard on this old body
Bedrijfscultuur
A very reasonable place to work.
Window Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Long Beach, CA19 november 2017
Most of my working career at the Postal Service was adequate and, for the most part, enjoyable. It allowed me to pursue my educational interests and save a considerable amount of money. It offered fine benefits.
Pluspunten
Good benefits, good vacations (five weeks/yr), good pay, two breaks per day and a fair lunch period.
Minpunten
Rotating management personnel made it difficult to cope at times.
N/a
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA15 november 2017
The post office is a great company I would recommend anyone work for the Post Office thank you for the opportunity they are also an overall great company to work for
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Busy
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Jasper, AL15 november 2017
I loved working for the USPS. I was a Clerk and it was by far a great job. Due to me being a part time employee, i did not recieve any benifits and had to go elsewhere
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Fast paced & productive "Get the job Done" atmosphere
Holiday Assistant Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Boise, ID15 november 2017
The people are mostly helpful, all the way from the top down, but just like everywhere else, there are always one or two that you have to watch closely. For the most part, the management at the Meridian Post Office seem to be for the employee in every way, trying to help out and make their job easier if possible.
I only work weekends over all of the Holiday seasons, and I wish for more work opportunity in the future, and am open to more hours as new positions become available.
The hardest part of the job can at times be finding the right place to deliver the package to. even with the advanced scanners that are sometimes available, the directions may not be accurate, and the actual building may have an address, but not be built yet. The most enjoyable part I think is the presence of team effort that is sometimes seen. So often, that has gone to the wayside years ago with people just out for themselves nowdays, but at the P.O., there are may employees that will still take time to give you a tip, or a helpful piece of advice. I think that is very nice. I always appreciate the effort and the offer of the friendly gesture!!
Pluspunten
Freedom to use your own autonomy in getting your work done
Minpunten
The hours; I wish there were more
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Fast paced, productive
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Jasper, AL15 november 2017
Excellent job but it was only temporary and I was considered a part time employee even tho I worked as a full time employee. I did not receive any benefits due to only being part time.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great benefits, slow moving promotions
PTF clerk (huidige medewerker) –  East Texas14 november 2017
The work can be stressful. You never know how much or how little work you will have each day. The schedule is ALWAYS subject to change. The atmosphere can be very cut-throat. At certain times of the year the work can be extremely challenging. Meeting all the necessary deadlines can be challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Benefits, pay
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Busy
Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO13 november 2017
Great money and benefits! Fast paced environment. Great exercise because of the large facility. Long hours and plenty of overtime. Twenty-four hour operation.
Not very good
Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Bloomington, IN10 november 2017
I was a holiday temp. They tell you, you will work 4am until noon. Then your first day they make you come in at midnight and work until noon and that is now your regular shift. You didn't get any breaks nor a lunch break. Required you to work 7 days a week. They lie to you to make you want the job and to make it sound so great. Very disappointed.
Good money
Minpunten
No breaks, long hours, no days off
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 7NeeRapporteren