United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Mail Carrier

Found 7.762 reviews matching the search See all 24.756 reviews
Dont waste your time
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lehighton, PA20 February 2020
Worst job so far, only pro is the money, but management and politics of the work force will mentally exhaust you and your safety will ultimately be at risk so your PM can get a bonus. Unless you do well with being treated poorly, save yourself some time, the money is good, but not worth it. The people that stay are staying for that reason only, they have a family to feed so they deal with the abuse
3,0
Not what is they make it seem
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MA20 February 2020
Ive been here for like 5 6 years and i absolutely hate my job. It a lot for that reason but to sum it all up i dont feel appreciated AT ALL. They point out the little mess up you do but don't give you credit for the ball busting work we do daily.
Customer Satisfaction
City Carrier (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NM20 February 2020
The Postal Service focuses on customer satisfaction. In just a work week being a city carrier you are delivering thousands of letters and hundreds of packages to customers at their homes and businesses.
Fun place to work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MO20 February 2020
First couple years are tough but after that it gets easier. I got a solid route after my first two years as a CCA. I haven't even looked at the bid sheet, so I really lucked out. My passion is not delivering mail but I am definitely good at it. Best place to work if you enjoy your supervisor not looking over your shoulder all day.
The United States Postal Srvice is a great place to work
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY20 February 2020
The United States Postal Service is a great place to work and offers job security and great pay. I would never say anything about the USPS Service and love the company.
4,0
Excellent benefits, poor management.
City Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Kansas20 February 2020
Good pay, good retirement, good insurance. Physically demanding work. Difficult management. Tension between management and unions can cause a toxic work environment.
Hard to get full time
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI20 February 2020
I worked as a CCA had great reviews up until my last 30 days during the probation period. All of the sudden I was told my times were not good because I was returning too late after my route, however what they failed to mention is that I was done with my route by 3pm in record time and called in and sent out to rescue people that were behind. I was never instructed to come back in punch in and punch back out for the rescue work so it looked like my route wasn't completed on time. Sad, as I loved this job but they just want temps not full time permanent employees
1,0
The work atomsphere is stressful and depressing
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC19 February 2020
Very stressful atmosphere to work in being a CCA. You don't get treated fairly when you are in this position. You're given extra work that Regulars don't want to do. You're not treated fairly when given the opportunity to put a Hold Down on a route. Other CCA's with more seniority always get the Hold Downs even if they just got off of one. They don't rotate to others with less seniority. A Hold Down means to fill in on a route when a Regular is out. CCA's don't get very good benefits for example medical insurance is extremely expensive only dental and visual insurance is reasonable They are known to reducing your work hours to 20 hours if they are angry with you even though you normally work forty or more hours. Horrible place of employment. Lastly, working at USPS takes away time with your family and totally interferes with your personal life. Terrible place for imployment..
3,0
very demanding and timely, able to lift up to 70 pounds, work schedule is not flexible
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZ19 February 2020
lots of phyical and mental work. you have to be physically ready everyday you are there able to perform almost beyond expectations. you work with lots of different people and personalities under job pressure by management daily. push, pull and on your feet all day. must have a good driving record and be able to pass a back ground and drug test.
2,0
Good pay and benefits, very long hours outdoors every day
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI 0289519 February 2020
I love the pay and the opportunity for financial growth. Yearly increases are very nice, having a retirement plan and medical benefits are also essential. It is a very difficult job year round and it really takes a toll on you both mentally and physically. Very difficulty for me to balance work life and family life.
Productive and fun workplace
Union Steward/US Mail City Carrier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH19 February 2020
I've worked at the post office for 34 years as a letter carrier, as well as being union steward and working for the union,branch brought me satisfaction with customers and employees doing many skill including ph,filing,task managing and going above and beyond my duties,plus getting get along with just about anyone.
Pros
Healthcare/benefits
Cons
weather conditions
4,0
good
Letter carrier (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL19 February 2020
over 30yrs of service. good and bad. fellow workers great. management not so. but raised family and had a great fun at times. good income. vac time sick time
Toxic
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NY19 February 2020
Overworked and no real guidance given. Disorganization all over management. Rules are expected to be broken, except when management wants to use them to fire you.
Great job overall
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH19 February 2020
Jobs are easy; you just need to come to work and apply yourself
Too many supervisors in place that need to be retrained on communication with people
Pros
Job security, advancement opportunities
Cons
Good ole boy rules firmly in place
Manager harassment
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Former Employee) –  Sappington, MO19 February 2020
Managers with harass the heck out of anybody new just for fun
Hours are trash
Will overwork you and send you to the worse areas, not worth the pay. All new employees get the worse trucks and equipment and are constantly called to seed up
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Harassing managers
3,0
Productive and can long work hours
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CA18 February 2020
The job is very manual you may have long hours with the need to take on extra work, from short of workers, some days it may have a break or lunch an other you may not it is a walking also carrier job that may require you to have lots of energy
Pros
Off days
Cons
No breaks or Short breaks, with lots of wear and tear on the body
Physical job requirements
USPS Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN18 February 2020
This is a job where you have to leave the office and return to the office by a certain time. Things are changing in how they are run, but ultimately you must be able to recall names and numbers for a street, business, and home memory and physical ability to pick up heavier packages will be required
Mitchell post office
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, NE18 February 2020
Worst manager I have ever worked with in my life..Feel she was racist and smelled like alcohol half the time..i could never do anything right for her..Worst experience ever!!
Alright
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TN18 February 2020
The jobs started well but as years have gone by, the job hasn't gotten harder mentally and physically. The mail and packages just keep getting heavier and they are not hiring enough subs to cover the routes but the truthis, as soon as the subs get hired they just end up quiting soon after because the job is to hard
Excellent career job
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Morris, IL18 February 2020
Excellent benefits excellent pay holidays and sick days off are a plus! Organization skills a must. Efficiency and accuracy and customer service oriented need apply!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5