Reviews voor Mail Carrier bij United States Postal Service

4.834 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 15.674 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
A Great career
Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD16 juni 2018
I liked the job a lot, I just didn't have good management at my location and wish I would have stay and toughed it out. I would recommend this job to someone who wants to get a good career without going to school.
independent work style
Minpunten
short breaks, stressful, poor management
Overall View
MAIL CARRIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Ana, CA15 juni 2018
Working at the Post Office is great. When you first start off it is not all that great. You have to deliver mail to addresses using street clothes. You are not given a uniform until much later.
Bedrijfscultuur
Worst organization I've ever been a part of
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Warren, OH14 juni 2018
This is the most poorly managed organization I have had the misfortune of being apart. Workplace culture is hostile and oppressive. The most enjoyable part of the job is being on the street and not being bothered by managers.
Great Place to work
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH14 juni 2018
A typical work day is you will have a meeting in the morning, then go set up and case your roue. once you do that you will go onto the street and deliver your mail and packages you received for that day
Productive but stressful
USPS Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Anaheim, CA13 juni 2018
The pay was great but I stressed out all of the time. I enjoyed the days where it wasn't 95 degrees outside. The job was not worth the stress for me but pays extremely well.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
post office
Mail Carrier/Supervisor for Amazon delivery (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ13 juni 2018
The only good thing about this job is the money. the management is harsh and unprofessional and curse at you and make you literally cry. they will throw you under the bus to save themselves!
Great but poorly managed
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY13 juni 2018
I worked in Brooklyn, New York as a CCA. 2 week checks never came in with less than 100 hours. Overtime was mandatory. Usual shifts were 12 - 14 hours. Longest shift I did was 18 hours. Most hours I did in ONE week, 7 days, was 94 hours.

Why?

We were severely understaffed, and most of the supervisors don't care about you or your health. I say MOST because some of them do care.

Carrying out the job was my favorite, I loved delivering mail and packages. The regular mail carriers were uplifting and a pleasure to work with. We all worked very hard and worked together. I felt proud to wear my uniform and deliver a great service. I would totally work for them again. Just needs better managment in my opinion.
Pluspunten
Benefits (although assistants did not have all), lots of hours
very stressful. Poor managerw
Temp. City carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Olathe, KS13 juni 2018
I would carry one of fifteen routes as a temporary city carrier. I would take a two ton truck on a collection route to pick up boxes and mail and bring it back to the post office. I worked six days a week.
Pluspunten
good exercize. Met nice carriers and clerks
Poor, unscrupulous mangers
Bedrijfscultuur
Even though stressful I loved it. Subs are mistreated and that takes tough skin to over come.
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Tarpon Springs, FL13 juni 2018
I loved working for USPS and hope to be back one day. Subs are mistreated and somewhat underpaid for the amount of work we do. Its def about putting in your time at the Post Office.
Pay
management
Bedrijfscultuur
Loved working in the Medford office
Mail carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Medford, NY12 juni 2018
I was a RCA substitute for a regular carrier so was only guaranteed 1 day a week but I was lucky to have been a sub for the Union Rep so most weeks I worked at least 3 days because he had to do grievances. I enjoyed my job immensely.Heat didn’t work good in the trucks , so it was cold in the winter, In the summer you would get very hot because no air conditioning. Route was evaluated so I was paid for a certain amount of time., So when I finished my route I could go home.
Minpunten
.Heat didn’t work good in the trucks, so it was cold in the winter, In the summer you would get very hot because no air conditioning.
A Typical work week
Carrier Technician T6 (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA12 juni 2018
Mondays are heavy volume, overtime is usually required, only one weekend a month off, paid federal holidays, to work with the post office you would need thick skin, hard work, lots of walking and the mail tends to be late coming from the planet daily
Great Benefits for Full Time regulars
CCA do not get the same benefits, can work 10-12 straight without off day
Post office
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI12 juni 2018
My position was temporary and in an unfamiliar area which played a huge part in my failed attempts to successfully do the job at hand. The company was not at fault it was error on my part to think I would be able to keep up in an area of unfamiliarity.
Working Hours
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Port Orange, FL12 juni 2018
I really enjoyed my time at the post office. However you are a running all day from the time you punch in to the time you leave. And sometimes you have to work several days in a row (including Sundays) before you get a day off. One of the biggest cons is you work so many hours in the week and you bend over backwards for management and you're not even guaranteed full time. Some CCAS have to wait years, even 12 before they get their own route. I did enjoy being outside and delivering, i just wish there was something different about benefits and being able to convert to regular sooner.
Bedrijfscultuur
working at the post office
City Carrier Assistant, I (huidige medewerker) –  Fresno, CA 9370612 juni 2018
Being able to talk with coworkers in a work environment keeps moral up and attitudes down when dealing with management, typical work day involves working with the public all kinds of ethnicities, hardest part of job would be not being right when it comes to supervisors, the most enjoyable part is working with good people and dealing with customers in the business and residential aspects
Descent place to work
working with management
Not a fun place to work
Carrier/Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Boise, ID11 juni 2018
Day in and day out the work is monotonous. Many injuries from repetition. Shoulder, knee and carpal tunnel surgeries. Looking to advance after 15 years, but the promotions went to friends and family of the current management.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
fast paced
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Muskegon, MI11 juni 2018
Very fast paced environment. Supervisors were helpful. I was only there for 2 months so there isn't much to say. It was difficult for me to deliver the mail in a timely manner due to me not being familiar with the area.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work if you can handle high demands
Rural Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Lincolnton, NC10 juni 2018
Good place to work in high intensity high demand high standards daily with great pay and benefits for your time not much room for advancement in a long period of time
Pay
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA10 juni 2018
This job for a person just starting out at the post office as a letter carrier is hard because you have long hours and never know when you will have a off day. The post office is a great job to have and a job that one can have until retirement. One have to learn to adjust to the different managers and each one operate different. The hardest part of the job is loading daily and getting out of office on to the streets to start your day. The most enjoyable part of the day is to be able to help the customers.
Benifits
Minpunten
Manage your time so you can get back within the allotted time given.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
A great career job
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL10 juni 2018
Great job (letter carrier) if you want to be outside on your own. You meet and get to know your customers, and having the satisfaction of a job well done.
Customer service Representitive
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Kaysville, UT9 juni 2018
My daily tasks are to prepare all of the letters and flats I receive in the morning to deliver to all of my customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work alone most of the day.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag