Reviews voor Mail Carrier bij United States Postal Service

5.746 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 18.871 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Unpredictable & Stressful But Good Money
Rural Route Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Batavia, IL15 januari 2019
I am speaking specifically to the Rural Route Carrier positions at the post office. If you are a RCA or sub carrier, you are not given specific hours of work but are rather on an "on-call" basis. Some weeks you could be getting eight hours and other weeks 50+ hours. Days off are not guaranteed and on Sundays and holidays there is always Amazon delivery. Once you make Regular Rural Carrier status your pay and benefits package goes up quite a bit but oftentimes, you can be stuck waiting on a position to open up for years. The job is highly stressful as management is very demanding and unpredictable. There a huge amount of rules and procedures for every possible thing you do at the USPS. One day management forces you to break the rules, then the next day they take a hard line on enforcing them. Also, the Union is not very strong and doesn't work very well for the rights and safety of paying employees.
Money & Benefits
High Stress, Long Hours, & No Breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
fast paced, very physically demanding and stressful
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA 9215414 januari 2019
As a CCA, Workday starts out very fast paced, Casing-sorting and loading which can be very stressful Your work schedule is very unpredictable on a day to day basis, Very rare to work at your assigned station/office. The position of CCA is VERY physically demanding, lots of walking and constant lifting. LLV's are very old and outdated and are not always reliable transportation.
pay is decent
Minpunten
unstable work schedule, outdated vehicles
Too much
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Dundalk, MD14 januari 2019
Way to much to deal with but lack of support. Wasent probably trained and lact of communication. Just threw you in the job and then expected you to be fast and keep up with others
garbage
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Gulf Breeze, FL14 januari 2019
I worked their for a while and it is absolutely a horrible place to work. The employees get used and taken advantage. Also zero days off because your always on call so do not ever make plans.
Fast paced - stressful
City Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Anacortes, WA14 januari 2019
Worked at the PO for many years. Was better years ago. Very fast paced and stressful. Even as a carrier you are micro managed. You earn time off but it can be hard to actually get it off. Management harasses you constantly. Even after many years it's hard to get time off for family events. It's nice as a carrier though to get away from management during the day. But you are still constantly monitered.
Good Pay and benefits
Minpunten
micromanaged, no family life, post office comes first
fun place to work
Rural Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Simpsonville, SC13 januari 2019
great place to work
accuracy on delivering the mail
hardest part is being surprised by a dog you didn't see
enjoy a great physical work out taking large packages to the door
They abuse you
City Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX13 januari 2019
Im not going to get too into it, but ive been regarded as an amazing CCA that works safely and effectively. However, they abuse the s*** out of you. They never follow the schedule. They call you in last minute and get mad at you
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good job for a single mom
Postal carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  York, PA13 januari 2019
I was able to experience a job that I was able to a single mom and support my family on my own. I worked to my best and did what needed to be done and was compensated to do that.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Management doesnt care about you.
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Whittier, CA13 januari 2019
You are expendible. They dont care if you are sick, need help, all they care about is numbers. You cant deliver fast enough they will kick you to the curb.
Pluspunten
You will lose a ton of weight.
Minpunten
Its mostly from stress and not eating properly because you have to make time.
Hard work
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX13 januari 2019
start early leave late. Safety is the number one concern you should have. Management was all over the place. Never consistent. There is no work/life balance. The hardest part of the job was delivering to different routes almost everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers. Many of them would leave cold water bottles for you. They would also give you the heads up when the neighborhood dog was on the loose.
Fair place to work
Carrier Assistant.....mail carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Cresskill, NJ12 januari 2019
Nice and peaceful office. End of year most busy time but is fun to have the job done. You work independent making sure you keep tracking your time to go back .
Good people
Breaks on the route.
Temporary
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Wichita Falls, TX12 januari 2019
I worked for the Post Office as a temporary rural driver in Utah and in Texas. I enjoyed the job but as a relief driver I was never sure what my hours would be therefor never sure what my pay was going to be so it was not a job that I was able to keep.
Pluspunten
Being able to use my own vehicle
unsure of hours and pay
2,0
hostile work environment
Regular Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  maryland12 januari 2019
I have worked with 8 different postmasters in my 12 years with the postal service. Most of them pick favorites and treat others unfairly. Most of them lack objectivity and do not do what's best for everyone. Grievances have never solved any of the issues; rather they have made conditions worse.
good pay and benefits
Minpunten
loud, stressful envrionment. back-biting management
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall it is a great job, just the wrong people in charge.
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA11 januari 2019
It really depends on who your bosses are, there are some great supervisors. I unfortunately worked for a guy that lied to me about a legal issue I was having and assured me I would not be affected by the loss of my license only to turn around and ultimately fire me for losing my license. That is what I meant about the wrong people in the wrong positions. A person can have a personal issue with you and go out of their way to make your job miserable. The job in itself is a great job, as long as you can get out of the office with minimal interaction with superiors.
Pluspunten
Working in the field by yourself
Management is terrible
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Work all day and all night
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Norwalk, CT11 januari 2019
work 10 to 12 hours a day to cover for people who slacks all day.
with union people has became lazy and managements cant fire anyone even though they are bad workers.

managements get promoted because they were bad at what they do and there is no place to move up if you work with someone who management wants to fire but cant due to union and they are up in line for regular carrier spot.
Bedrijfscultuur
kept the roof over my head
Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Plainville, CT11 januari 2019
Its an OK job. You must like walking, and being outdoors, even in inclement weather. Management can be good, or bad, depending on who is in-charge at your work location.
Pluspunten
Work independantly, outside, lots of excersize.
weather conditions
Bedrijfscultuur
Awful place to work for- Worcester post office
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Worcester, MA11 januari 2019
Worst place to work for by far. Supervisors don’t help whatsoever with the brand new routes you do. Some rules only apply to CCAs, if you do something wrong you will get yelled at but if a regular carrier does it, there’s no problem with them. One man got fired and he mentioned a lawyer and the post office folded and didn’t fire him, what a joke that place is!
Supervisors suck
Time goes by fast
City Mail Carrier, (voormalige medewerker) –  WI,South Milwaukee, Waukesha, & New Berlin10 januari 2019
I recently retired from the Post Office as a city mail carrier.(30 years)City mail carriers are on a rotating shift when you make regular. Sunday's off, with Monday, following week is Sunday & Tuesday, next week would be Sunday & Wednesday & so on.The training is minimum. You are expected to case letters & flats, organize parcels. Along with accountable mail such as express, certified mail.Then once your mail is cased up (meaning, putting mail in addressed slots which is coordinated to the delivery route.) You then pull the mail from slots in order , put mail into trays & put them on a flat bed truck, along with parcels & DPS (letters that are automated).You then move the mail to loading dock & load up the postal vehicle.Then you deliver the mail in order. Most people start on a walking route, You bid on rts that open up. The most desired are carriers with the most experience.
Management treats employees like garbage. They will push you & push you even though u give your best. EVERY OFFICE is different! I finally transferred. I was shock when my new supervisor said good morning to me! Ask you mail carrier how the environment is in that city.
You will work hard because you make good $$$. If your in a larger facility you will become reg quicker. Starting off expect to work Sundays & with a day off in the week,maybe.You will receive pd vacation, Matching 401k up to 5%? Paid sick leave, which you can accumulate.Health ins. at a reasonable cost. .A pension when you retire.You must like being out doors. You are given a uniform allowance. You will have to buy some stuff when u
  meer... start out depending on your location. By your 5th year you will get 5 weeks pd vacation. This job is hard on your body & your family. You get 1 Saturday off in every 6 weeks. I did love working with my coworkers. I love being outside on the perfect 70* day. I would recommend this job to all military vets or anyone who wants to make good $$ with good health benefits,pd vacation & pension.  minder
Pluspunten
good pay, with great benefits, time flies by!
Minpunten
management, rainy, snowy winter days, Yuck!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, SC10 januari 2019
Deliver mail and packages in a timely manner and interact with customers and their needs. Show up to work on time every day and rack mail in office for 3 hours then go out on street and deliver mail. The most enjoyable part of job is getting everything delivered that they give you every day.
Secure job
Minpunten
Bad weather and certain expectations
2,0
not a tough job
RURAL ROUTE MAIL CARRIER (huidige medewerker) –  Davis, CA10 januari 2019
My day typically starts at 7:00am. I sort and case all my mail for the day. I load and mark parcels for delivery. I load my vehicle with all mail. I deliver my mail route. When the delivery is complete my job is done for the day. Upper management is the biggest struggle about the job. The culture in my current office is poor, however i did transfer from a office the it was a great place to work. It all depends how management treats its employee's I guess. The hardest part of the job is when you start. You have to learn addresses,names,numbers and the case the mail goes into. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am out on the street delivering my route. Making my customers happy.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag