Reviews voor Mail Carrier bij United States Postal Service

long hours each day
over 60 hours week
work 6 days a week
can become stressful
culture is very old school
great check every two weeks
no micro management
poor management
Not for everybody
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL14 augustus 2018
If you like money and don't have a social life, this job is perfect for you. You're going to make good money, but you're going to work your butt off for it. Then after a while, you'll wonder if the money you're making is worth all of the work and unnecessary drama you have to put up with. The company will always come first, so don't plan on having any unplanned family emergencies that aren't death related. If you're able to get through the first three years where you're working six days a week and 8-10 hours a day, congratulations! You'll be promoted and only have to work FIVE days a week and 8-10 hours a day. Like I said, not for everyone..
Bedrijfscultuur
Very fast paced and stressful place to work
CITY LETTER CARRIER (huidige medewerker) –  TX14 augustus 2018
The company is a great place to work although management has a lot of conflicting instructions. Often seems unorganized. Pay and benefits are exceptional but that comes at the expense of your work and personal life balance. Delivering mail and packages is not complicated but it is hard work and is to be completed within designated time frame. The people in general are very supportive if you have questions about anything. Hardest part of the job is the time limit given to complete your route and auxiliary help along with extreme weather and animal elements. Best part of the job are the benefits and the relationships you create with your coworkers.
pay, benefits, supportive coworkers
Minpunten
difficult to find work/life balance
I loved carrying mail
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN14 augustus 2018
While the elements can make carrying mail difficult, I really enjoyed being outside, walking 15 miles plus per day. The way the station can be run can be frustrating and difficult depending on where you are stationed. And as City Carrier Assistant you get one day off a week most of the year, and around the holidays you most likely will work everyday for months at a time.
Compensation, sunshine, exercise
Minpunten
weather, dogs, unfamiliar routes, spiders
Fast paced
Letter carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Harriman, TN14 augustus 2018
Fast paced work environment. Excellent training with paid vacation days. I did not enjoy working in so many different stations. Benefits were good, except for the high deductibles.
Pluspunten
I enjoyed a fast paced environment
Minpunten
Felt part time employees did not have adequate rain, snow gear allowance.
Bedrijfscultuur
Must be dedicated and have an excellant memory. And be willing to work in all kinds of weather.
Sub mail carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakeside, AZ14 augustus 2018
It is very time oriented, with a certain amount of time allotted to sort mail and packages, make adjustments to the route for permanent and temporary mail holds, collect sensitive mail (certified, registered, any mail or packages requiring a signature, etc.), load vehicle and complete route before outgoing truck arrives at the PO.
Pluspunten
Enjoyed the job for the most part once I was out on the route.
Minpunten
As a sub, I worked ALL weekends and holidays. And I had to provide my own vehicle, insurance, cover maintenance, etc. Granted, I was compensated at so much per mile, but didn't cover all expenses that were incurred annually.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very long hours, no proper cooling or heating for the seasons.
Letter Carrier - Postal Office (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY14 augustus 2018
Very long hours, no proper cooling or heating for the seasons. Everything is on a timed schedule, if you’re not ready for fast paced environment do not apply! You will not see your family at times either from late hours
Bedrijfscultuur
A job is a job. It pays your bills.
USPS Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA14 augustus 2018
This job will pay your bills nothing more nothing less. Working long hours and long work weeks. Your work in all weather conditions, early mornings and late nights. Will have to work in dark, heat, cold, and rain.
Good Money but no consistency
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Topton, PA13 augustus 2018
Pay is good but each week can be different. They can send you to different offices and you never know how long you are gonna work each day. I work 6 days a week and it is tough to get some days off that you would need for vacations/weddings.
post office carrier
Postal Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  City carrier13 augustus 2018
Just the pay was the hard part. But fun seeing other parts of town that I haven't seen. Get lots of exercise from walking. But very hard when the summer hits hard. Hardest part was if you didn't bring you lunch or even water you would be in trouble. The enjoyable was other people helping you on the route.
Pluspunten
seeing the town, people helping
pay
Great workspace great pay
POSTAL SERVICE MAIL CARRIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Eatontown, NJ 0772413 augustus 2018
I enjoyed my time at the post office. Unfortunately the hours began to conflict with me finding childcare after 6pm. The supervisors are very helpful.
Hard work, little pay
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Apple Valley, CA13 augustus 2018
Very demanding job, you are expected to work very hard for a lot of hours. There is no flexibility with the scheduling and management does not care much for the people working for them. There are a lot of hours to be worked, so if you don't mind working overtime, this is the job for you. The pay is not a lot, but with the amount of hours worked, the paychecks can help you get by.
Bedrijfscultuur
Loved everything about my experience!
City Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Roanoke, VA13 augustus 2018
I enjoyed MOST of the managers that I had the pleasure of working with (this is rare from what I understand in the PO). they were understanding and helped when needed.I LOVED my customers and my co-workers. Never had a bad experience with the post office. Would recommend to anybody! Great benefits, pay, etc. You don't have much of a work/life balance though. the job is stressful and you cant always get the time off that you need.
Bedrijfscultuur
Coming in early to case mail
Mail Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN13 augustus 2018
A typical day is coming into pickup your route to carry and get map of where the route is located on a daily bases. Once out on the route is a breeze a peace of mind just beware of dogs is the biggest problems.
Free breakfast sometimes
Minpunten
Take breaks when you can as long as you dont get behind
Bedrijfscultuur
good job for no education
City Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Saginaw, MI13 augustus 2018
Many hours, which doesn't allow you to have much free time to get away for anything but day trips, but great job opportunity for those with no college experience.
pay
hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a great place to work
USPS Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  New Bern, NC12 augustus 2018
The USPS is a fast paced dirty job. The hours are long and the rewards are few. Supervisors are not allowed to supervisor. Leadership is driven by computers and numbers. The bottom line is the most important thing to the USPS. the letters that you deliver are more important to the Post Office than the carriers who deliver them. If you want a work /life balance stay away from the Postal Service. The only work life balance you'll get is they work the life out of you.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
horrible
City Letter Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Boston, MA12 augustus 2018
Management has no regard for you. The delivery or customer service aspect of the job became minuscule.
Your fellow workers would be happy to make your day very difficult.
customer service
cutting jobs
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
My thoughts as well as things I’ve heard and agreed with from multiple employees from multiple post office stations
United states city mail carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN12 augustus 2018
Depending on what post office station u are working at makes all the difference. Mostly the ppl are really nice in every position except a few that instead of going to management choose to stay in limbo while they have some power they dont help you when they are supposed to and beyond that you are really truly lucky if you are at a station that the supervisors and your station manager are actually good ppl and do their job instead of not but trying to pick on others at the station to get them in trouble. They will even lie about you and hope it sticks. All said and done, it’s a great place to work all around but if you get stuck with the wrong ppl then you will be happy making half the pay with almost no benefits just so you can have a happier life within yourself.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Heavy Customer Service
Mail Carrier /On Job Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Queens, NY12 augustus 2018
In the morning separate and prepare mail, parcels,important documents(ex. certified letters, registered letters, Express mail)to be delivered.
The work floor is pleasant, we all work well with management. I've learned that treating people with respect you get a lot accomplished.
The hardest part of my job is walking a route. I walk about 8-10 miles a day in different types of weather. The best part of my job is working with customers, the joy on their face when a problem is resolved. I do the best that I can to help a person so that Management will not have to get involved. My Manager loves me.
Temporary/casual hire
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Waianae, HI12 augustus 2018
Overworked even after the holiday rush with no regular opportunities offered
Management was very demanding
No future for casual workers
Very stressful
Good physical test
Minpunten
No opportunity to be a regular employee
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag