Reviews voor Mail Carrier bij United States Postal Service

3.922 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Bedrijfscultuur
If you like to work non stop with no days off then this job is for you
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Carson City, NV17 december 2017
If they would of given you at least one day off during your 90 hour week then it would be a cool job to work for. But the management sucked they overload your route
good pay
overworked, stressed
Disrespectful mirco managing
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler/Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Plymouth, WI16 december 2017
Fast paced environment which leads to a fast work day is the only good thing. Management is horrible and so disrespectful. All of my woman co-workers have went home crying in the past year. The hours are horrible being that the schedule comes out weekly and I have split shifts almost everyday. I can honestly say I don't enjoy a single thing about the job and I hate going to work everyday. Every single co-worker complains about how much they hate their job. I would not recommend working for the post office to anyone especially if they have a family to raise.
Overworked
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC15 december 2017
If you're a family person, the US Post Office is not for you. You will never have time for your family, because are always working. As a letter carrier, you must make sure you are in great shape. They will overwork you. The US Post Office definitely has other job opportunities though.
Good job opportunities
Overworked
good job bad management
City Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Redwood City, CA15 december 2017
really bad experience. it isn't a carrier, it's like a regular job with more stress. from the time and date I start, the meetings are only to mention how bad the letter carriers do they job. and to be honest the management should be on the other side of the line, because they can't follow proceeds rights. to give you short history, every time you change position they have to give you or send you a form 50. Well I got a higher position but never received any form 50. That's way I have to talk with the postmaster over and over months and months (FOR 6 MONTHS AND SO) because they forgot to make that change on my pay rate and of curse my pay check was short. until the day today I don't think they fix it.
over work your body
Minpunten
get to meet a lot of people
Never Good Enough
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Ohio15 december 2017
Not enough room for a proper review, so I'll stick with this...
I was treaded like do-do stuck to the bottom of a boot, that no matter how hard you tried to beat the boot, it just wouldn't come out. The hours sucked, I was never good enough, I was never fast enough, I was never treated like I was a human being, etc. I was forced to do 3-4xs the amount of work that a regular was asked to do in less time than them.
NONE
Minpunten
EVERYTHING, Long hours, On your feet all day, working in all weather conditions
Busy
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK15 december 2017
You'll get up when they tell you, go to where they want you, and carry what they tell you too. Oh, and you won't stop til they say you can.

Overall, it's really not a bad job, although I wasn't a good fit for it. I think they operation would run better if they'd staff up though.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced & lots of walking
MAIL CARRIER (huidige medewerker) –  Alexandria, LA15 december 2017
My experience at the postal service has been a mixture of everything. Working for the postal service has changed my life. It was challenging yet rewarding and sometimes fun. In the few short years I️ have worked for the company The United States Postal has taught me many valuable lessons!
Excellent benefits
Minpunten
Long days of lots of walking and physical labor
Stay away
Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Nanticoke, PA14 december 2017
Worst place to work, management think they are so cool and the pay isn’t even worth it. Packages are ridiculous on top of delivering the mail. The pay isn’t even good enough for what you are doing. You have to be there for years until you make good money
Some carriers
Minpunten
Management think they are so cool
overall good Job but Politics of Job are the worst
Letter Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Golden, CO14 december 2017
Worked hard everyday and keeper head down and tried to keep away from Management as much as possible. kind of a hostile work environment mainly cause O Post Master we had at time. Physically demanding job>
Pluspunten
Good Benefits and keeper me in shape
fast paced
Rural Mail Carrier (Part-time) (voormalige medewerker) –  Plano, TX14 december 2017
This job is fast paced. I applied for the job but the description did not state that it was part time and that it was a relief position with only 1 day a week promised.
the pay was good
Minpunten
the co-workers always had a bad understanding about something
Horrible Place to work
Mail Carrier/ Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY14 december 2017
They treat their employees like dogs and get mad when you take an extra 5 minutes to complete your route. They will call you while your on your way back to the office and send you back out to go help someone else.They have no idea how to run an office efficiently.
everything
Typical Day
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Augusta, GA13 december 2017
Management does not work well together. Hard to advance in company. Hours are insane. No benefits and bareley any days off. Be prepared to work everyday.
n/a
City Carrier Technician (huidige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX13 december 2017
you just go out deliver mail and watch your back at all times
you are always doing your job wrong
if you are talented they will find a way to get rid of you and force you to quit.
Micromanaging sums it up
Rural Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Spokane, WA13 december 2017
The USPS used to be a great place to work. It no longer is. Narcissistic managers who pressure employees to work off the clock are rampant. Upper management does nothing to fix the problem, choosing rather to focus and blame the employees, while ignoring the root cause. Quality is no longer a value; it's all about get out and back quickly. Customers complaints are ignored unless it is dealing with parcels.
Pay & benefits
Minpunten
Breaks are nonexistent, no place to go to the bathroom, working off the clock is sometimes expected
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Fast Paced
City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Akron, OH 4431913 december 2017
If you don't like to walk basically run this job is not for you. If you dnt have baggy clothes but have a nice figure don't apply for firestone station.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
fun workplace
Mail Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY13 december 2017
great job great pay the people you meet at the job great. If you like working out doors and dont mind facing the elements of outdoors then youll love the post office.
Money
the elements
Usps
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Watertown, NY13 december 2017
Schedule change with no warning
No time off
bad management-lack of communication
Lack of breaks
cut throat- impossible expectations
long wait time to become "regular"
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Usps
City Assistant Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  West Hartford, CT12 december 2017
The USPS is a very hard-working and fast-paced environment. It is one of few places you do not need a college degree to move up within the organization, which is great for a young adult who does not want to continue their education.
Usps needs help
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ12 december 2017
I actually love my job. And I love the people I work with. I do not love that I often work more than 10 hours a day six days out of the week. Management is trying to get impossible things done by asking impossible things out of their employees. The volume is just too much, and it not just during the holiday season. We need people in the office just running parcels and doing nothing else so we can lighten the load for everyone so we can actually accomplish our jobs in 8 hours instead of 10 or 12. Once again, not just during the holiday season. I wish I didn't love my job. I would quit. I have no life. If you're a CCA you don't and won't have a life while you work with USPS.
Everyone should be able to have two days off a week if they want or need it. Apparently, USPS likes to shoot themselves in the foot. Pushing your workers so hard is why there is low moral, high turn-around, sick-calls, grievances, and accidents. The whole operation is inefficient...especially the treatment of workers - regulars and CCA/RCA's alike.

Bottom line- Try to find another job if you can.
The whole operation
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
CCA life
City Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Marshall, IL12 december 2017
As a CCA, in a small office, some say its better. I disagree with that. In small offices, you get loaned out to other offices, so you may work like 4 hours at your office and then get told you have to go to another office and work 6 to 8 additional hours in a town you're not familiar with. They can loan you out to any office within 50 miles of your home office. The other down side to being a CCA in a small office is that you have to wait for someone to retire in order to get a career position which means you have to work 6 days a week up to 12 hours a day, and only get time off if you get it pre-approved. The pros to working in a small office would be the support you receive from management and the way you get treated by your coworkers. its more like a family than a job at a small office.The money and benefits are great, but trust me you WORK for that money it's not an easy job. It is stressful, and overwhelming. definitely not for everyone but if you think you can handle it, then by all means, apply :)
Pluspunten
benefits, pay, management and staff
Minpunten
hours worked, distance traveled, lack of career opportunities

Algehele waardering