United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Mail Handler

Mail Handler2.787 reviews
Found 2.787 reviews matching the search
3,0
Able to get great benefits. The schedule and hours are flexible.I was able to switch over when I needed benefits for health care. They provide good options.
1,0
If you don’t mind working all the time with no real time for family then this is the job for you. If you get injured they try and find ways to fire you
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
No life
1,0
I have been working for this business for 3 years started off as a casual and worked my way up to a regular federal employee. The reason I chose to leave is because of all of the drama and favoritism that takes place within this organization. You are purposely not trained on how to do your job in the event you no longer want to be a "Yes Man". The knowledge of the paperwork can be used against you. The union also works with management to deceive the employee. 99% of the staff is completely cunning and witty. If you are okay with click mentality then you will survive in this environment. The employees who have been there for a long time typically get their way with management lying/covering for them. When one walks in the building you are not aware of how the organization functions. As a result newer employees get taken advantage of. The MDOs allow people to be on the clock for hours and not work at all. The plant manager is only aware of what the management staff tells them. I never seen any evidence that he investigated Management on their complaints on particular employees. Or even management itself. The union spreads every employee's personal business nothing is private. They will never provide you with the local memorandum. Which informs the employee of the local laws. National of course. If you were provided with the local memorandum, then you'll learn of how you're being taken advantage of. The union also steals money. It's just an awful hostile work environment. All of the employees who have been there for a long time favorite thing to say is that is not my job. Now that - more...
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Stressful, Favoritism, Unorganized
1,0
It was honestly ghetto.. the people I worked with ( grown women were very cliquish and judgemental.. the first thing that came out their mouth when they trained me was “ are you Jamaican “ told them I wasn’t and that’s when they started acting funny . The have the new people slave in there. Would never go back! Straight up trashy environment . And my check was messed up multiple times
1,0
You will be asked to work many overtime hours, sometimes without breaks or lunch. You will work multiple days in a row with no day off. You will be bossed around by managers with zero respect.
5,0
What stands out are my cool supervisors they are a great bunch of people. And my great co workers I love it there it so nice very friendly people
1,0
This employer has to be one of the worst jobs I've ever held. They continuously dangle the idea of advancement or a goal in front of you. Only to rip it away from you once you get close to actually achieving it. Then scold you for not continuously killing yourself after you lose any motivation. There is absolutely no training method. They literally just throw you in with the other employees and say best of luck. Then scold you for stopping to ask questions about the job they require you to do. Depending who you are you can get away with literally anything as long as your in good with the supervisors. Some people are held to proper rules while others can do whatever they want. Like for example show up late everyday or call out for months at a time with absolutely not repercussions. But if you ever bring up this matter with the supervisors they tell you "you seem to have this misconception that life is fair".
Pros
The benefits but its questionable if its worth everythig you have to put up with
Cons
Lack of staffing, poor management, lack of discipline, favoritism, lack of supervision, lack of ANY kind of training
4,0
Had a great career accept toward the end had some disagreements then I retire. I feel they need better manager’s who understand the employees . I do miss the job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours at times
1,0
Before I got hired at USPS I thought it would be a “well oiled machine” place to work. Boy was I wrong! The management was horrible, one manager in particular would come in the mornings and walk past everyone and not even look at you. The only time you were spoken to is when something wasn’t up to their standards. I made several request for improvements on equipment/supplies needed for me to complete my daily task/job and the attitude was “you can do it just fine like it is”. Not when your internet doesn’t work 90% of the time and you need to enter your end of shift reports..
Pros
Schedule
Cons
No breaks at time and management was terrible
3,0
I worked for usps for over 15 years,this past year I was assaulted and when others I see say they dont care about you or your family they are not lying! They did not care one bit and was only worried about me taking off from work. Management unprofessional and rude to employees except there "favorites" good money awful place to work!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Supervisors are awful
1,0
I thought I was joining into something special and fulfilling. In the end, after really seeing the picture, the workers get screwed daily, they are extremely over worked and under appreciated. Everybody tries to do their job as fast as possible so they can get out of there.
Pros
Cons
Where can I start
4,0
Overall good job to have that’ll have union protections. Once regular, you’ll have great benefits and overtime as much as desired. Long as you come to work and do as needed, you’ll be fine. Longevity over advancement
Pros
Pay, longevity, benefits
Cons
Hours, shift, advancement
1,0
Run far away from this place. They take advantage of good workers. Was hurt at work and sent home with no pay. Supervisor falsified paperwork out of retaliation. Management took up for her.
2,0
I worked for USPS for almost 3 years and was never able to turn over to full employee. Management is power hungry and likes to be little employees under them. It's hard to report management because everyone knows everyone and have been there for a long time. You get conflicting directions from different supervisors. The work itself isn't too hard though it's exhausting.
Cons
Short breaks, schedule can change anytime
1,0
Don't bother don't waste your time life or energy!!!!!! If you want to be screamed at, work there, if you want to be treated like a two-year-old, work there, I called the postmaster twice ,have I said enough!!!!! I have a workman's comp case and unemployment with them!!!
1,0
I am happy to be a former employee. St Louis MO downtown main post office is a filthy building. Alot of long time employees get cancer. It is also a toxic work place. They have supervisors that have no training and or formal education. This is not a safe work environment. Currently many employees are testing positive for Covid-19 and it is not being handled well. Thus advertising open positions.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work place and not a safe work place.
1,0
I worked for the processing and distribution center in Midland, Tx. All of my floor managers and co-workers were awesome people. However the main supervisor who over seeks everything is very unprofessional. He has quite a big ego and likes to shout out slurs about how he’s the boss. I’ve never had a supervisor who acted so unprofessional towards his staff.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Horrible supervisor
3,0
Aside from the overall culture involved it the job that position is pretty good. But the work environment is immature and chaotic panic inducing anxiety ridden stress pool. Very hard to determine whether the money makes it up for it
4,0
It was a satisfying experience of sorting ,productive , informative, and satisfying experience to work at the postal service. The employee's were very helpful and took the time to explain things so you could understand and appreciate their efforts.
Pros
Relaxed but productive place to aork
Cons
Not enough work time
5,0
Everything is fast pace and you must learn quickly! The amount of work that is accumulated and finished within a short amount of time stands out the most!
3,0
Management is not good at all!! Need better help that’s not just walking around or driving around doing nothing! The management is afraid of telling certain people to work but is ok with telling the people they don’t like off!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.
3,5