Reviews voor Mail Handler bij United States Postal Service

1.966 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 16.026 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Its a relaxed work enviroment
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA15 juli 2018
I like working at the post office very much the pay is ok not enough pay for cost of living.Its hard labor which i like fast pace work and time effeciency.
Overtime
Minpunten
Work schedule hard to get days to attend to my kids scholl scedule.
Steady work
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Pueblo, CO15 juli 2018
Steady enjoyable work. The work is fast paced and the work hours fly by. There are not currently enough hours for overtime. The ability to be promoted is very limited.
It’s ok
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL13 juli 2018
Your life will change working here . It is very fast paced and strenuous . You will not be happy working here if you like desk jobs . The benefits are extremely wonderful
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Strenuous fast paced labor
Loved it
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA13 juli 2018
Had a great time working at the post office, and also made the most money ive ever made working a job, but it just wasn't a right fit for me helping my family out at the same time with other family troubles.
MAIL HANDLER (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL12 juli 2018
Busy and productive place to work at. The people are amazing you work with and are very reliable. You will sweat from hard work but consider it as a daily needed workout.
ok work enoviroment
Clerk/ Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN10 juli 2018
working for this job was ok with the pay but as fast wanting to leave work you never had a set time as to when you were getting off or coming to work, work hours change everyday
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun productive work place and fast pace
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Doral, FL9 juli 2018
I enjoyed working at the post office it has always been my dream to I was a seasonal worker. When I was evaluated from my supervisor. I was offered to go back with a great evaluation.
Pluspunten
We were able to get grapes and the supervisors was very understanding
Workplace Culture
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Warrendale, PA9 juli 2018
There are many of great workers but the management lacks knowledge and understanding of how to command and work with the other workers. Overall, this job was a great experience.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and a fun place to work.
Seasonal Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL8 juli 2018
A typical day at work was loading and unloading mail truck, and preparing mail and packages to be processed and delivered. There is really nothing as a seasonal employee that I could really learn.
Pluspunten
Good people to work for and good pay.
Minpunten
Not being hired on after seasonal was done.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive, fast pace, experienced environment
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Aurora, IL6 juli 2018
Typical day is from the moment you on the clock everyone is held accountable for their role in their assigned unit. The mail has to be properly prepped and moving equipment scanned before a certain time to be loaded and dock transferred to desired locations.
Do NOT work here
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ4 juli 2018
Not at all a good place to work. It is seniority based so wait in line to advance. You aren't ever technically hired only contracted at best for 360 days and they may not hire you back. If you do work here best of luck. It requires that "certain" individual to work here. No one is your friend and keep your head down if you are looking to make career. The pay is okay, as long as you can be a monkey that jumps however high they ask you to.
Worse job ever
- Mail handler/Forklift driver (huidige medewerker) –  Cincinnati, OH2 juli 2018
This will not let me say what I really want to but the post office is not for everyone and I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB TO ANYBODY! It pays well and it’s easy ! But poor management!
Bedrijfscultuur
Pros and Cons. Mostly Cons.
Mail Handler Assistant (MHA) (huidige medewerker) –  Hazelwood, MO30 juni 2018
Pay was excellent. I would not have quit if they had me working a normal 8 hour shift. Everyday I would go into work and be there 10 to 12 hours. The concrete factory floors killed my feet. Lucky, I got use to it. My "elderly" co-workers (I'm only 30) would constantly be visiting podiatrists and chiropractors for all of their ailments.

Regulars hardly would do any work. That annoyed me the most. PLUS they would be getting paid an additional living expense salary. -basically they would be getting the same hourly as everyone else (16.00 or so) PLUS an additional $7 PER HOUR. They were being paid (including over time, and night shift differential) sometimes up to $30 per hour to walk around the factory, on their phones watching netflix or facetiming, all while eating.. (They know they can't be fired because they are protected by the union..) Most of the time Regulars would act as leads. Basically telling the non-regulars what to do while trying to look like they are working when management comes around.

The non-regulars had double the work, sweating our butts off to get the mail out. I should mention we cant leave until the mail is out. That is probably what added to working 12 hour shifts.

Also, management just loves to hear themselves talk. Most have no proper training, or life skills to control a group of employees. They are rude, confrontational, and degrading - even when they are in the wrong.

I'm an easy going person. I just keep my head down and work because it pays well, benefits are nice, and there are a few good people there to work around
Pay, benefits
Strict management, Long hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Best
Mail Handler Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA27 juni 2018
Working here was the best experience Ive ever had working at the post office. The money was and is extremely WORTH IT. I only left for health reasons, but I do plan to try to go back to see how things will work out for me.
Sweat
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Carolina / Cataño PR27 juni 2018
PUERTO RICO - Casual Mail Handler Position - Fast Paced, dirty and physical. Great conversations between the group/groups. A good working experience overall. Great salary for the kind of job although very extenuating.
n/a
n/a
Bedrijfscultuur
fast friendly work place.
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashua, NH26 juni 2018
not much time to mingle you are usually on your feet and very physical. i worked at the PMPC so i worked basically night shift. This can also very with your schedule.
great pay
Minpunten
night shift and not consistant
Worst job ever
Mail Handler Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Melville, NY25 juni 2018
I worked here for three years with no hope for a permanent position. No health benefits. All of the senior staff were lazy and the people that were new, were forced to do their job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Great place to grow
Mail handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL22 juni 2018
Career job with great benefits lunch cafe with great chefs great coffee makers break every 2 hours work at your own pace every collaborate on job paid training
Great pay
unsafe working
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA21 juni 2018
Supervisors will have you perform job duties that is not your job description and deemed unsafe. The United States Postal service provides job opportunities for fairly anybody but the work there is not always what you applied for.
Where do I start!!
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ21 juni 2018
I don't know where to begin. There are different levels in the post office and being a mail handler is close to the bottom. the pay cut that was made when i became a career employee was harsh. Most of the management don't know what they are doing, they make our job harder than it have to be. they dong care about anything but the P.O. Some supervisors care but not the managers. Overall, I've met some good people there and the job is pretty easy, just fast pace.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag