Reviews voor Mail Handler bij United States Postal Service

2.083 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 17.352 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Productive work place.
CAUSAL MAIL HANDLER (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago IL23 oktober 2018
Working at the united states postal service was a great experience and working with diverse of people sorting mail by area code. Loading and unloading trucks while sending the mail over to its next destination.
competitive pay
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Pay and benefits are good
Clerk/mail handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY & LaGrange,KY19 oktober 2018
High stress level from management, always pushing you to do more faster. If they don't like you for some reason it's ten times worse. Pay is good but not worth the hassle.
good pay and benefits
Minpunten
Putting up with Management your back constantly
Bedrijfscultuur
Educational and fun workplace.
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, MS19 oktober 2018
It was one of my most enjoyable place to work at because of the diversity of the people employed there. Many people from different walks of life and ages helped made my experience that more rewarding.
Health care, good pay
Cutthroat
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethpage, NY18 oktober 2018
The most I can say is get in make your money and leave. This is a good job but the people and environment is lacking a lot of professionalism. CROSS YOUR T's AND DOT YOUR I's … Good Luck
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
was an okay experience in my opinion working here
mail handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Garden City, NY18 oktober 2018
was an okay experience in my opinion working here. wasn't too stressful as a mail handler. Management was okay. would probably work there again. from what I remember you get like two lunch breaks so that was cool.
hours were ok
Minpunten
have to be exactly on time
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Combative workplace violence, and other misnomers
Mail Handler Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Raleigh P&DC18 oktober 2018
Working for the Post Office was a dream for me since I was in high school. I was picked up as a MHA and was told this job has no direct supervisor, your moved at will to any place they willed, time off for medical was not guaranteed, if there was a sectional problem with another co work you would be moved not them. Etc.

While working for the post office in my capacity, I was threatened at work in front of other employees by a hostile employee with a record of violence , promises that I would have medical appointment days off or half days off but were rescinded at will, recorded conversations of misdealings with staff and Management, passed out in the job and they threatened my job stating that you are a awesome worker however your job is now in jeopardy.

I am a physically fit worker, former military but I had to pull the weight of two three workers as I was contantly placed in areas where I had to pick up the slack and assist only to see con workers on phones, talking to each other, playing music and games on phones, and or talking if exploits while on the job.

Not backed by the union who by the way makes you join it but does not back you up when you are tossed out the door. I even had to train my replacement who knew I was being asked to leave before me.

Co workers are in parking lot having sex, making deals, fighting, or defacing other people’s vehicles. People clock out or not for a half hour lunch then come back a hour and a half later and then eat it on the floor while working around dangerous machines when policy states no food around machinery.

Also
  meer... if you get hot easily there are areas where it’s so hot that you will loyally pass out from heat and exhaustion.

If you want you blood pressure and anxiety rising before you even enter the building, unexplained absences from coworkers, and having to push 400 pounds wire cages around by yourself while everyone else drive vehicles that you cannot ride our assigned to them this is the place for you.

I planned to retire here in the postal system but I guess someone has other plans for me.
  minder
Pluspunten
Going home at end of day
Minpunten
Hostile work environment, workplace violence, unproductive lazy coworkers, poor management, stressful, combative environment
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Great Job to retire from
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL16 oktober 2018
Postal Service provides great benefits and a great salary once you become a regular. However, the work/life balance is null and void. Also, the work take a major toll on you physically.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 10Nee 2Rapporteren
Tough environment
Casual Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Greensboro, NC15 oktober 2018
This place is probably one of the toughest places that I've ever worked. Mandatory overtime, tough manager and tougher work. Not for those who want an easy job.
Post Office
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY14 oktober 2018
Decent pay and benefits. Bad thing is you work about 55-72 hours a week. Until you become a "regular" your job is in the hands of management. The job itself is very simple. It is very unorganized.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Stressfull, constant overtime and called in on 6th day
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ10 oktober 2018
Mandatory overtime, must punch in exactly on time during the 6 month probation period, miss no days, and work Holidays, weekends, basically all the time. Workers are crabby and combative, union is hostile and unproductive. I cried at least 7 times a shift working here, and the pay is not work the unhappiness. 5 minutes left in your shift, your manager will tell you 4 more hours and you have to work it.
Minpunten
mandatory overtime, without notice.
Very Depressing
Mail Handler Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Warrendale, PA10 oktober 2018
It felt like a collection ill qualified, unmotivated, angry or otherwise unsatisfied people were crammed into a building to perform almost meaningless tasks as time
This place was horrible
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA 9816810 oktober 2018
Management was terrible and I couldn't believe it. They pick on people until they snap. I couldn't imagine working there ever again. Definitely not a great place.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 1Rapporteren
Busy and
Mail Handler Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA10 oktober 2018
A typical work day at the post office would be working on the mail sorter. I learned that mail is sorted different ways. Management is there to help you but sometimes you’ll feel like they’re there to do the opposite. The workplace is really fast pace so if you’re not a busy person who can multitask then the post office is not for you. For a new comer the hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all your hard work payoff.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It's a good place to work for.
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Watertown, NY9 oktober 2018
As long as you kinda keep who you chat with to a minimal and don't listen to any rumors. It's best to keep you're one headphone in and just do you're job.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Hard work but pays well
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Wareham, MA9 oktober 2018
I would recommend this job to someone who can bend over and lift heavy objects- I mean alot, because that is what you'll be doing if you work in the factory like I did.
Pluspunten
fun people to work with and plenty of hours
back breaking workload
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Easy job
Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Greenville, SC9 oktober 2018
This is far the easiest and best job id have ever done love the environment and the supervisors paid time off and its climate controlled unless your a carrier.
Paid vacation
Amazon
Bad management
Mail Handler Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO8 oktober 2018
They refuse to hire more people even though they need it. They will ask you to work 12+ every day 6 days a week. They will pull your promotion away last minute and make you stay were you are.
Union
Everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Terrible
Mail Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY7 oktober 2018
place is a very relaxed place with a diverse employee community, but the management makes work tough to like what you do on a daily basis, The usps is a great place to go if your just looking for a paycheck and nothing else in the time being there.
Work is relaxed
Minpunten
Management don’t care about anything but getting there work done, nobody works together, every shift is like a different company and nobody likes to work with the other shift
Bedrijfscultuur
Can't beat a government job
Casual Clerk/Mail Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, MI6 oktober 2018
Best job you can get is working for the federal government. If you are a fulltime employee you have it made, little work, high pay, and benefits. Management however is obviously extremely poor.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Choose to work for USPS for job security
Mail Handler Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA5 oktober 2018
MHA Review
A government job is a great job. There is a stability to the government job, which is good. If you like little training, long overnight work shifts,and a lot of physical activity such as lifting heavy mail sacks, this is the job for you. The actual work environment can be very noisy from machinery. One of the best jobs was being assigned to work on the Flat Sequencing System machine. It is a football field sized machine that is fascinating to watch. Most other work stations were less enjoyable, though. Training could be improved upon, as it was mostly learn-as-you-go. There motto could be: Hard work pays.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag