United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Postal Clerk

Found 1.621 reviews matching the search See all 24.874 reviews
Great Community
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Willow Creek, MT26 February 2020
I enjoy working at this office-I wish it was a "career" position but those are few and far between.

The secret to make this fun is to become part of the community
Great paying job
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN26 February 2020
Great paying job and consistent work. Offered outstanding benefits and advancement opportunities if you are provided the ability to get hired on full time and out of yearly contract.
1,0
Not enough time to learn job.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merna, NE 6885623 February 2020
Loved the job but was not given enough time to learn everything that went with all the requirements of the job. First 30 day evaluation was done in 15 days as they went by when I started (first 15 days were spent studying for a test that I had to take in Omaha). Next evaluation was done 30 after that. Two evaluation in 45 days. The person that was to teach me was more worried about going back to his post office rather than teaching. Overall loved the job but was not trained correctly and not given enough time to learn all areas that were required to do the job.
Post office sucks
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moscow, ID22 February 2020
No benefits, no retirement, bad health care, terrible hours, pay not worth the work, seniority based, takes years to move up, then right when you think you have a career position someone transfers and takes it. Older employees get paid twice as much as you do half the work and get tons of sick and vacation pay. They will never retire because they have it to easy and have the new, younger employees to do all their work. Terrible le system, union is terrible as well.
Horrible and soul sucking
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX22 February 2020
Very demeaning and ignorant management. Subtle racism and extreme sexism. Supervisors are awful no matter where you are placed. Pay is great but you’re treating like slaves and have absolutely no social life. Don’t get caught up in the pay and benefits. DO NOT GIVE YOUR LIFE TO THIS PLACE
The pay is great
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MS22 February 2020
The work as a PSE Mail Processing Clerk is ridiculous but the pay is great. I dont think we get recognized enough for the hard work we put into this company.
Great
Clerk pse (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI21 February 2020
I love my job it is a great job and the people is nice. The money is great and the work isn't hard at all the people are very nice and friendly. Great benefit
3,0
Decent salary. Overtime is always available.
Postal Worker (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA21 February 2020
Fast-paced work environment with great benefits and a diverse team of employees. There is always opportunity for growth in the postal service if that is what you're looking for.
Pros
Cons
Physically taxing
Busy Workplace with great co-workers
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bath, ME21 February 2020
The day is never dull. The atmosphere is good. Not a lot of down time which I prefer. There is always something to learn. My only complaint would be I wish more carrier positions where available.
Great opportunity and salary
PSE Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 February 2020
I enjoy working at the USPS. They are a fair and equal opportunity employer. Safety all ways first. Great company and a great additional family. Great environment to work in. But very strenuous work. You must lift a lot of heavy stuff and bend a lot. Keeping a steady pace and not destroying my hands. But all in all i still love what i do. And i love working for their company.
Usps
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO19 February 2020
Good job if you want to work non stop around the clock. I liked working there but I had zero life . Long hours all year and only one day off a week.
N/a
Clerk/PSE (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FL19 February 2020
My postmaster doesn’t let u advance and keep up mess along with the supervisor amongst employees they harass and retaliate on employee other than that the job is good
Awful leadership
T6 Postal Worker (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA19 February 2020
Unrealistic expectations, non accountable management. Unsafe work place and if an employee gets hurt, if they are not fired, everything is done to make it the employees fault. To finish the job on time requires one to violate driving laws and rush with urgency but if a driver gets in trouble it’s on the driver. Poor makeshift training and the list goes on... just apply at UPS better or FedEx
Awesome
Postal Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO17 February 2020
Working at the post office is a blessing everyone is helpful friendly they treat you like family the building is clean and up to date pay is good but it can be better
Very nice place to work
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highland, IL17 February 2020
Management at my location was incredible Not having a set/fixed schedule would was difficult for me. I only worked here 3 months so cannot really comment on anything else.
Usps
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA17 February 2020
It's a great company to work for, I met some really nice people and genuinely enjoyed the job. There are also pretty people to watch out for but for the most part a great place to work.
Pros
Good pay, and some good people
Cons
Long days, hard work, petty people
Post Office
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC17 February 2020
I worked both distribution and local stations. I enjoy the fast pace of the distribution centers. However working in the local sites allowed you to be around the customers.
Pays good
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR16 February 2020
The workplace culture was terrible. The majority of employees would do what they wanted to and when they were made to do something they did not like, then they would request a union steward. The union was not used appropriately. Too many grievances filed because people did not want to do their job.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The union
4,0
Some flaws but a very good job to have if you are looking to have a career.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL16 February 2020
Great place to work. Very professional setting, excellent benefits & the pay is great as well. Management is not the best but it is a very good place to work if you are looking for job security.
Pros
Great pay & benefits
Cons
Management is not the best, some of them are really rude to the workers. They don’t respect the lower level employees.
The pay rate is decent
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NY16 February 2020
It’s an ok job because for what it’s worth it’s an easy job. However there’s no balance between personal life and work life. They pay well, but if you aren’t “career” which take about 2- 2 half years to make working there w those hours become difficult and nnone flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5