Reviews voor Postal Clerk bij United States Postal Service

1.073 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 16.080 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
a typical day at work
Postal Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Duluth, GA18 juli 2018
a typical day at work, clock in, go to your operation, and if not enough mail , will be sent to another operation to work until the wee hours in the morning
lunch time to short
dirty and lot of dust
Single Life
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  New Orleans, LA18 juli 2018
Working for the USPS , make sure u have family support because this is not a job for a person who has small babies or kids in school , but if u have no kids & looking for financial stability this is the job for you !
excellent pay
Minpunten
short breaks, no weekends off, no holidays off
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard work in fast paced environment
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Wallingford, CT18 juli 2018
I like physical work, During the holiday the mail is non stop. I liked working in a small branch post office. Typical day scan mail from 5:00am to 8:30am for mail carriers to deliver. I also worked a split shift. I lived close enough to go home for lunch or take care of errands. In the afternoon scan more mail and prepare mail for distrbution to processing centers. Would get home by 7:30 most days, Mail can be very bulky and heavy. You have to be careful not to get injured. I liked the people that I worked with and management was awesome. I also worked at processing and distribution center. Mail is processed through automated equipment. Plenty of lftting and standing on your feet. You need good shoes for your feet and gloves to protect your hands. Coworkers were great. Time goes when you're busy. When you have a problem with a coworker management cannot help you, You are advised to try to work it out or quit your job.
Coworkers worked as team
Minpunten
Heavy packages/coworkers who don't want to work
Bedrijfscultuur
They act like they own you
postal clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN18 juli 2018
I sorted mail for the most part. Management was very negative and acted like you were their property. There was a strong union, but they could only do so much. Money and benefits were good, though.
I multi task
Holiday Clerk/PSE (voormalige medewerker) –  Burton, MI13 juli 2018
I delivered Ads, Magazines by the bundles to every carriers cubicle and scanned packages; sort out UBBM; retrieved the mail from the inside/outside main mailboxes; set-up dispatch and checked-in carriers keys, money and undelivered mailed.
Pluspunten
Fun and fast pace multi tasking
Minpunten
It was only a seasonal position
Work ethic means nothing
PSE Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Gallup, NM12 juli 2018
It's all about seniority. If you're starting as a PSE good luck ever moving up. Management is pathetic. Very egotistical work environment. No erge to sell. The regular career employees are the worst. They call in regularly and do not take pride in their work most of the time. You must be very patient to work here. Terrible environment overall. One upside...the pay is decent. But not really much advancement as people expect.
Pay
EVERYTHING ELSE
Mail sorting
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA12 juli 2018
Mail comes out of a sorting bin at a fast paced and you have to sort the mail into the different zip codes and make sure it’s routed to the right post office.
Pluspunten
Lots of team work and relaxed atmosphere
Really fast paced
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
general overview
Postal Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Reading, PA11 juli 2018
good place to work and possibly make a career. advancement is not by merit but mostly by the manger who interviews for positions prevue.Jobs are mostly permanent and bidding for other positions is the way to move into different areas, promotion is by management opinion.
Job security
Minpunten
extremly stressfull and poorly managed
Bedrijfscultuur
Cut throat and back stabbing
Postal Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ11 juli 2018
It does not matter how hard you work or the amount of work you complete. Management plays favorites and if you are not in the "IN" group then you are treated unfairly and even cruelly.
N/a
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Holiday Term) (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA 9002810 juli 2018
I think they should pay more cause if you delivering the mail it’s not a easy job to do. That mail will hurt your back, heck an fingers. Working inside is the best job for the post office to me.
Bedrijfscultuur
The post office is a great career
PSE Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethlehem, PA9 juli 2018
This career is great if u need to stay in shape , it has opportunities for ppl of different age groups to start a new career, and make great money. Starting off you will have to work hard to prove to become a regular, and could wait for years.
Pays great
Minpunten
Work can be stressful during holidays
Good pay. Good people.
Postal Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  New Castle, DE9 juli 2018
A typical nite was to clock in, sit at automated sorting machine for half hr; then rotate around to the back of the machine to bundle up the sorted mail. At other times we sorted mail manually. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with & the hardest part for me was the mandatory overtime which was announced just a few hours beforehand.
People & pay.
Unscheduled overtime
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Always work at the post Office
City Carrier Assistant / PSE Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  San Bernardino, CA9 juli 2018
Break down pallets, sort packages, deliver and collect mail on foot or by vehicle in a prescribed area. Process incoming and outgoing mail in both plant and Post Office facilities using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution. Collate, bundle, and transfer processed mail from one area to another, handle heavy sacks of letter mail or parcels weighing as much as 70 pounds.
Bedrijfscultuur
Did not enjoy working at post office
PSE Sales Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Xenia, OH8 juli 2018
Do not like the job enough to tell. I did not enjoy working here. It was a terrible experience. I worked as a carrier and a clerk and I would not recommend doing either one.
Depressing place to work
PSE Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Flushing, NY8 juli 2018
They put you in a location that's more than 2 hours away while you have children. The career employees are lazy.management don't know anything.they care less about your life.mail is way important than your life.if you have family this job ain't for you because they will change your schedule anytime they want to and you can't say anything about it.the only reason why I'm staying because of the pay
Pay
Everything else
Clerk
Postal Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Elmwood, LA5 juli 2018
nice job and fast pace. I will have to be in early and leave late. the managers have a lot on there plate so they don't have time to care a minor complaints
friendly environment
nonstop work
Horrible
PSE Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Largo, FL4 juli 2018
You work all day. Wake up early and prepare yourself for a long day. You're led by management, which is not sure what to do at times. It's a place of chaos and you have very little time for yourself and family
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and friendly work place
Postal Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY4 juli 2018
Productive work place ,
Friendly .. it's a postal Family
I love working for the postal service
I retired because I became my mother's caregiver
If not I wouldn't have retired when I did.
Financial security
Short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Don't fall into this trap
PSE Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Cincinnati, OH4 juli 2018
The PO is an absolute horrible place to work. If you want to be treated poorly, never have a life or never treated with any amount of respect, this is the place for you. Otherwise, steer clear.
Pluspunten
as many hours as you could possibly want
everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Extemely productive
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Pontiac, MI3 juli 2018
The hardest part of the job is it's a strenuous job with heavy lifting and prolonged standing. It's definitely worth the pay rate and job security also the benefits are great.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag