Reviews voor Postal Clerk bij United States Postal Service

1.145 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 17.332 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
pse clerk
PSE Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Green Bay, WI18 oktober 2018
typical day at work when you start you train with a regular for a week
learned how to sort mail to the right address and use the machine to sort mail
management is alright not the best
hardest part of the job is learn quick and do it correctly
enjoyable of the job working for the usps
Pluspunten
good pay, working for usps
Minpunten
too many hours no steady schedule if your not a regular
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast-paced and minor micro management
Pse Sales Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Walnut Creek, CA18 oktober 2018
Be ready to train and have tough skin. Do your work and go home because making friends is NOT apart of your job description. Avoid the regulars who are rude and gossip. Listen and follow all of the rules. Meet your shop steward and stay professional at all times with everyone. Write down EVERYTHING; military time, time clicks, disputes, emergency contacts, verbal agreements and important details you hear and see in regards to your well being. Purchase comfortable shoes because you'll be walking or standing most of the time. Most importantly always be on time and have a good attitude.
Earn a decent pay
Minpunten
Some labor and minor micro management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
There is a reson they are voted most miserable employees year after year
PSE Clerk - Responsibilities (huidige medewerker) –  Cranberry Twp, PA17 oktober 2018
Where to even start. Management doesnt have a clue what happens on the work floor. If you aren't a career employee you'll be treated like garbage and either work 4 or 12 hours a day 6 days a week and still not get overtime. The career employees are paid $14 more an hour and will stand around, arms crossed, and do nothing. If you ask them to help they will say "I dont have to I'm a Regular". Regulars are easy to spot: just find the 55+yr olds who have never worked anywhere else, weigh 300lbs+, and have a dead look in their eyes and they spend 7hrs of their garunteed 8 hour shift talking to the on floor supervisor. Non-career employees get fired for taking an extra 5 minutes on their lunch whereas Regulars can take an hour long lunch, half of which they do on the clock but they will vehemently deny this. This was the most poorly run business I've ever seen. They close facility after facility because half the workforce make double their non-career counterparts but do none of the work and since it is unionized the only way to get rid of Regulars is to eliminate jobs by closing plants or replacing machines with ones that require fewer employees. I cant wait to leave this sinking ship. Forbes called the Post Office the fastest job becoming obsolete.
Pluspunten
You get a paycheck if they file it correctly
Everything. Management, coworkers, everything. Its a nightmare
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Good Company to work for
PSE Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH16 oktober 2018
This is a great company to work for. I loved working for this company so much that I wanted to work full time. unfortunately it was only a seasonal job
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Dont do it!
PSE Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbandale, IA13 oktober 2018
I’ve never experienced Work place bullying until I started working as a PSE. Management will protect who they are sleeping with or the person who is their favorite due to all of the sucking up they do. Went to the postmaster about the work place bullying that I was experiencing and he did nothing, but I was moved to another station. At the new station I was continuously picked at (which happens when management has a POW wow about you). Couldn’t plan doctors appointments because my schedule always changed last minute without notice. Stressful work place. I was punshed for getting injured on the job by management taking hours away from me. I would work 40+, then when I made it known that I had an injury that came from work my hours were cut to under 30 hours. I would be shunned for taking up for myself after receiving unfair treatment. Glad I found a new job and will be starting that real soon.
Good pay
Too many to name
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Not what you think it is
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Anaheim, CA11 oktober 2018
Where do I start..Employee favoritism, bullying, micromanagement, stalking, habitual lying, if they don’t like you they’ll put effort into firing you, they want you to practically live there, won’t let you use your earned annual leave, won’t convert PSE’s for up to 5 years sometimes, people bring their personal lives to work, won’t work with your school schedule unless you get on your knees, they put an excessive amount of pressure and responsibility on the hard workers rather than all workers as a whole. I’ve seen some of the hardest working people quit due to this while the slower workers drag their feet for 8-10 hours because nothing is expected from them and they fly under the radar without supervisors challenging them. It’s a good job, good benefits and cool people but management turns this “career” into a burden. I cannot speak for the Post Office as a whole, it’s just this particular facility. Beware Anaheim PD&C!
Annual leave, pay, people
Everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
seasonal
PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK (voormalige medewerker) –  Kearny, NJ10 oktober 2018
i actually loved this job the co workers the management the benefits if offered full time position the work was very easy and going easy to catch on and great managment once again.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 4Rapporteren
challenging place to work
POSTAL SERVICE CLERK (huidige medewerker) –  Boston, KY8 oktober 2018
great place to work and very challenging. will always stay busy. this is a fast paced job and very demanding and offers no room for advancement. great place to work
pay
Minpunten
no benefits, no careeer advancement
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Very Fast Paced!
PSE Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Reno, NV7 oktober 2018
It really depends on which side of the operation you're on. Working within the facility warrants long hours and supervisors standing over you trying to push mail through to exceed what they project. In addition to that, the supervisors make you stay long hours and you don't leave until the mail is out.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Would stil be here if i didnt move
Postal Service Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Elmira, CA7 oktober 2018
Would love to go back. Great boss great location. Hard work but would do it again loved the customers. Very crazy in holiday season but loved it. If you can get your foot in the door do it.
good benefits
Minpunten
Very hard work in holiday time
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It is a very fast paced job.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Bozeman, MT3 oktober 2018
Working at USPS, my hours vary, which is one of the downfalls, because of my PSE position. I am technically part-time, but I work anywhere from 35-50 hrs a week.
Great team
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Culpeper, VA3 oktober 2018
Wouldn’t mind going back and working here. Awesome people. Real fast paced and steady work with job security. I would recommend this to anyone looking.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Just like high school with grown adults
PSE Mail Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Kalamazoo, MI2 oktober 2018
Worse management you can imagine. The postmaster is a bully and management will do everything he says. Pay is great but the stress is not worth it. Leaving work is the best part of the day.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
The hours.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk SSDA (voormalige medewerker) –  Aberdeen, MD1 oktober 2018
The hours there are not good for people with children. The hours are long the days are to many, and the supervisors does not care about that and they are not willing to work with you.
Good pay
Short breaks.
Cool
PSE Mail Processing Clerk -Seasonal (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA1 oktober 2018
Great job make a lot of money and is able to survive fursure great benefits and great hours honestly if you would like me to be completely truthful great job
Productive enviorment
PSE Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL1 oktober 2018
I came to the post office as when I was young and it was my first real job. The people that I worked with was older than me so I learned the in and out of the post office from them. The work was fast paced but very easy to manage
good benefits
short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 2Rapporteren
Postal service
PSE Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Bell, CA26 september 2018
If you are a regular employee the postal service is great. You have many advantages such as benefits, sick leave, vacation, 401k, guaranteed hours. The postal service is a relaxed but fast paces to work.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
good atmosphere and good pay for the quality of work
Postal Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Granby, CT25 september 2018
worked front window, customer service, distributed packages and mail on a daily basis. Dealt with customer issues and questions. Helped ship our packages and sold stamps.
Bedrijfscultuur
people complained every night all night
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Cedar Rapids, IA19 september 2018
the work was very physical and challenging. but this wasn't the place for me. The min we went to work on the floor, people complained had fits because they had to train us new hires. I was talked about across the whole floor because i didn't learn everything in one day. The managers didn't want to have us trained, saying they didn't have time. I was told by management that things have changed over the past year at USPS and the people who been there the longest are upset about it so they take it out on the new hires. After my first two months with USPS I ended my employment. This is the worst place i ever worked for. i wouldn't refer anyone to USPS.
pay, benefits
it takes 1 to 4 years before you become a permenanat ft employee
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
great about the work
Postal worker, Warehouse sorter, Mail Delivery (huidige medewerker) –  Edison, NJ18 september 2018
work 6 days
deliver mail and package to the route, make sure you scanner the scram point every time you arrive to your route.
try to work with the team work
the hard part is to get the done done before you go back to the office.
talk to your custmore and feel good about your work how proud they are.
free lunch
take a break.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag