United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Postal Clerk

Found 1.469 reviews matching the search See all 22.773 reviews
Unknown
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 October 2019
Great pay unsafe working environment. I loved my job until I hurt my back resulting in a herniated disc. After I hurt myself I wasn’t treated like an employee anymore more so like a liability.
PSE Clerck
Postal Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE20 October 2019
I enjoyed working at the post office. Great people and amazing supervisors. I will recommend it friends and you can make good money and good benefits for regular employees
Poor Management
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  NC20 October 2019
In my experience, management is only concerned with getting the mail carriers out and in. They are not concerened with the employees' well-being. #myExperience
Pros
Pay snd overtime
1,0
Worst work environment ever. Employees treated like dirt.
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Billings, MT18 October 2019
Worst place I've ever worked at in my life. No training at all. False promises by supervisors who target employees. Just an awful experience. The processing plant in Billings is run by people with no leadership skills. No wonder they have such a low retention rate. What a weird place.
Pros
Cons
Supervisors have no leadership skills and are rude. No training. NONE
3,0
Not the best position for a single parent with young children
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PA17 October 2019
Working for usps is great, but it's a strain on family life. I'm a single parent, and I was tardy getting to work and tardy picking up my kids. Stress
Pros
Stability, compensation
Cons
Very early hours, not family friendly, don't really care if you're a single parent
Run!
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NY16 October 2019
Management is a joke absolutely no communication. I wouldn’t recommend working for the post office at all .. the more your nice and think your helping them they are screwing you over.. you will have absolutely no life
inconsistant hours
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IA14 October 2019
Dont have good benefits til you're career position which on average takes about 2 years. Hours are all over the place. One day youll go in at 3am. The next day at 3pm. Only work 3-6 hour shifts. Pay is good but very inconvenient.
2,0
Poor management, poor scheduling
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC13 October 2019
You will never know your schedule. They will post it the day before, make changes daily, have you leave late and in too early. Management is sneaky, unprofessional, and could care less about the well being of employees. Employees are cranky due to poor work environment. I am trying to find a replacement job. The pay is good but it is not worth the stress. The job itself is easy but new employees are taken advantage amid. Do not
Become a PSE.
3,0
Good money, but mostly everything else is to be desired.
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WV13 October 2019
Good pay, but mostly everything else is to be desired. Management has no qualifications and mostly all advancement is a “buddy system.” Easy to get hired on.
2,0
Fast and slightly stressful
PSE Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA12 October 2019
I learned how the mail is ran.
Certain management will treat you like an actual person.
The other PSE's usually stick together and try to help each other out.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
They will overwork you
1,0
Incredibly and unethical disorganized management
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, CO12 October 2019
I can't think of a worse organization that I've previously worked for. LOW pay, long hours, chaotic management, favoritism, good ole boy club, lack of concern for employees or customers. Management just wants their bonus based on working you incredibly hard and sending you home early. Don't count on fair treatment or fair pay.
5,0
Everyone there will treat you like family it's very great place to work you learn know things everyday.
PSE MAIL CLERK /ELECTRONIC MAIL-SORTING/ COMPUTER DEVICES / DOCKER WORKER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN12 October 2019
Very great place to work everyone never treat you like family everyone keeps to their self if you need help people are there to explained and they have really great benefits
Terrible environment
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 October 2019
childish employees and unprofessional managers and supervisors... you are better off keeping to yourself and do your job . if not, your job will be threatened and you will be disciplined for little to no reason at all.
Amazing Place
POSTAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Southport, IN10 October 2019
The benefits and work environment are very key bonuses to the job. Some of the politics behind the scenes make the job less enjoyable. Overall this is a great job
Good money
PSE Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VA10 October 2019
Work hard in there but the pay is ok, you’ll get a lot of hours if you really want it. Im not currently there anymore due to issues with my car but I recommend it to someone who needs a job.
Great Place for Growth
NTFT Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Folsom, NM8 October 2019
The advancement with USPS seems to happen real quick. I have grown in my knowledge of how the post office operates as well as all the work that goes on behind the scenes.
Window clerk
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RI6 October 2019
A typical day would be to setup and open the window for service. I met many friendly and nice people and learned a bit about many of them. Management would help and give input as needed. The hardest part of the job was getting someone to come to the window when help was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many nice people.
5,0
I enjoyed my time with the USPS.
POSTAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mississippi District4 October 2019
Working for the USPS was a very rewarding experience. I was able to meet the people of the area. I was able to provide service for customers and actually see how pleased they were with the service I provided.
5,0
It was a good opportunity
PSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KS26 September 2019
Working there helped me take care of my house hold me being a single mother it's always hard finding a good paying job and The USPS was the best job I ever had all my years I've been working
Pros
Good oppourtunity to grow with the company
Cons
Working as a Casual your term dosent last long enough
This is a great job!
PSE Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN24 September 2019
This job have great pay and a great work environment. The hours are long but it is so worth it. There's also plenty of opportunity for advancement with the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5