United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Rural Carrier Associate

Rural Carrier Associate3.228 reviews
Found 3.228 reviews matching the search
3,0
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
1,0
Extremely outdated, horrible management, if they mess up your pay expect to wait months to receive it. No motivation they only offer demotivating speeches. First job where it was acceptable for management to yell at entire staff regularly and without cause. Not a place I would ever recommend for anyone to plan a career. No matter how much you give and how hard you work, it is never recognized and you always could’ve done better. The most stressful job I’ve ever had hands down. Your first 90 working days not calendar days they can terminate you for any reason they deem and there’s nothing you can do about it.
Pros
Absolutely zero
Cons
Everything including not knowing if you’ll be paid on time or ever
5,0
I enjoyed,working as a rural carrier money good got my work done and went home. Supervisor and coworkers were very helpful to me with getting the routes down. Overall enjoyed.
Pros
Money, beautiful drives through neighborhoods, mine were on a waterfront
Cons
Lots of packages
1,0
horrible experience i had at south county st louis MO! i used they are 24 hour shipping.. it delivered 1 day late and they r refusing to refund my shipping cost. i am very disappointed... they dont even deserve one star.
4,0
The pay is good. The benefits for a rca aren’t as good as a regular carrier, but you do get offered a lesser health insurance. My biggest issue is that it will take about ten years to get a full time position Because when someone quits or most likely retires, you have to wait till everyone hired on before you gets the full time position first. So if you are the last hired on you have to wait till everyone in front of you gets a position first. Which is fair, it just takes so long!
Pros
Benifits and pay
Cons
Stress and takes so long to go full time
5,0
Working as a mail carrier is very repetitive. Sorting all the mail and packages can sometimes be a bit challenging. The route is easy and as long as you have your mail and packages sorted right. Can be a bit stressful at times.
Pros
Can listen to music or talk on the phone, it's pretty much backroad driving and you meet nice people along your route. The pay is good.
Cons
Drama. Stressful.
3,0
The post office can be a great place to work if you can become a career employee. This unfortunately means you start out as a part time employee and have to wait, sometimes up to ten years, before you get full benefits and better pay. The work itself can be physically demanding and requires long periods of standing, lifting up to 70 pounds several times a day, and working outside.
Pros
Good base pay and longevity
Cons
Physically demanding work
3,0
Overall
My experience working at United States Postal Service was that is an unsteady job that your life sometimes revolves around. I was a rca so experiences may fluctuate.
2,0
Told my manager that I was suicidal and his only response was that he didn't want to hear about it because it would make him liable. Absolutely terrible place to work. They will drive you into the dirt and leave you there.
3,0
Management is either trash or wonderful. Almost no benefits until you're a career employee, which takes years. Pay is good if you can get hours and deal with being screwed every week.
3,0
I have a job offer for a Rural Carrier Associate and I’m confused as to why I would be a part time on call employee working 40+ hours on a part time title
1,0
This office is very unwelcoming. Everyone there is overworked and as a result very unhappy. Most are all about gossip and the post master is unprofessional. I had high hopes for this job and am very disappointed
Pros
Postal vehicle provided
Cons
Everyone is mean
3,0
This job just like any other Job is what you make it. Hours can be long due to being under staffed . Pay is good , If you're looking for an organized work place this is NOT IT! Most of MGT sucks .
Pros
pay
Cons
no benefits, micro management
4,0
Not too bad. I would recommend working for the USPS. Becoming a career employee and getting the GOOD benefits can take years unless you are working in an area that is developing meaning getting new houses or businesses. You could be working for 12 days straight or more. Paid bi-weekly. Like I said before Not too bad.
Pros
Benefits after you become a career employee
Cons
could take years to become a career employee
4,0
I love my job at the USPS. I get to be out and enjoy the work! Busy till done! I am currently working in management and love learning new thing's every day.
Pros
Busy makes the day fly by.
Cons
Attitudes! Not very efficient.
4,0
Great company to work for. Working for the USPS makes you feel proud of the work that you do.

Not as easy as the average citizen make think. A lot goes into getting your mail. Found a new appreciation for the mailman/ mail lady. Definitely would refer a friend.
Pros
Health Benefits, Pay
Cons
Rain, Sleet, Snow or Mud you must go
2,0
If you could find another job, then go there. Post Office is low on staff and heavy on making you do your job and every route that doesn't have a body.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
No time with family
5,0
My only complaint is being forced as a sub (RCA) to deliver packages for Amazon on Sundays and holidays and not receive time and a half pay nor holiday pay. This is not fair to us at all.
1,0
They pay the full time guy to stay home on holidays but make you come in and work for regular wages on holidays to deliver packages to make the regular guys job easier
Cons
You are the bottom of the barrel, The union is same for full time and part time, so the RCAS get hosed
3,0
So much to list. Good: great pay and good, affordable Health benefits for part time work. Bad: Worst management at my office. You’re treated like Just a number. Expect you to show up whenever they call even on day’s off. Send you to work in other offices an hour away. Work every single weekend Saturday and Sunday. High turnover. Backstabbing. Management hangs out when they’re off and whisper secrets in front of everyone in the office (literally whispers). Takes years to get a full time career position
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management. Treated as a number
4,0
at the post office working as an RCA you work as much as they want or as little as they want, you never know when they call. good paying and good people.
Pros
alone time
Cons
never know your hours