United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Rural Carrier Associate

Found 2.764 reviews matching the search See all 23.175 reviews
Fast paced and stressful
Rural Carrier (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MI18 November 2019
If you like working hard, fast and without supervision this job is a good fit. A typical day includes going into work casing up the mail that is waiting for you (ie, flats, dps(optional), and raw mail), organizing packages, loading your vehicle,and delivering your mail. Depending on how fast you learn the route you are on is what will determine how long your day will be.
4,0
Good starting point for a government career.
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MA17 November 2019
Rural carrier position is a fun position, it is a stressful job due to large rural carrier routes. Things I'm learning at this job are different streets and areas of the city in which I live. Work atmosphere is fun and educational.
2,0
Depending on what Postoffice your hired one to truly depends on your experience
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, TX17 November 2019
As much as I enjoyed the challenge somehow the Federal Government gives Postmaster to allow to cuz at you and treat u in the most unprofessional way . As well they somehow they have all rights to make u work 10 hour days 7 days a week without a day off , the regulars are not kind to new people who are trying to learn , an
4,0
Not a bad place to work if...
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Coshocton, OH17 November 2019
I’ve been working at the post office for a few years now. It’s a great job to have, but you start out part-time and are only scheduled one day a week. If you’re a motivated worker however, other offices may need some help and you can get trained on other routes, which is what I’ve done and I’ve been working everyday. It may be a challenging job to learn, but once you get it, it’s pretty easy. However some days the work load can be a lot. also, full time positions are based on seniority— so depending on how many people are ahead of you, it could take years to get full time.
Great atmosphere. Mature hiring process. Great management
Assistant Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VA17 November 2019
This is a position that speaks for itself. What better job to have than one where micromanagement isn't a priority? Employees are happy to come to work. The holiday season is a very rewarding time of year if you're willing to work overtime, and the hours are benefitial for those who have families to tend to. The best part about work there is the opportunity to interact with community members in a positive manner.
Worst Job/Best Job
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MO16 November 2019
I have been working as a Rural Carrier Associate for the past 5 years, which means I am a substitute whenever someone else is out. I have been averaging about two days a week. I love everything about the post office, except for the lack of work. I will eventually become a regular, but that could take years. In the meantime, I have afamily to feed.
Bad management
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO15 November 2019
Management is horrible but work place and people are amazing. Have to have good memory an quick skills cause you are only aloud a certain amount of time to deliver things.
2,0
Very hard work. Lazy? Don't bother. Don't like hot/ cold? Don't bother.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts15 November 2019
Management in most offices is horrible at best. Expect to work all the worst hours and days. Expect to be called in alot. Expect some customers to complain, no matter how hard you work and no matter how good you are! As an RCA you aren't allowed to have a life!
Rca
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CA14 November 2019
They have a good environment and people working there. The supervisor is available to talk if u need help. Which ever regular you sub for is willing to help or give u
stressful
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, IN13 November 2019
The job is mind numbing torture for anyone that thinks. Now I have to make the rest of this 150 characters long so I can move on to finding new employ
Hard but rewarding work
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CO13 November 2019
This will tax you mentally and physically, as moving mail is not for the slow or the weak. Even so, this job can be very rewarding as it will build towards a career in the postal service.
Loved working there
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FL13 November 2019
It’s a fast paced job but made me feel accomplished. Sometimes it gets overwhelming but the people that work there are pretty encouraging. That’s a big part of what I loved. Being outside in all types of weather is challenging but not horrible. I will absolutely work there again.
Mgt sucks
Rural Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cadiz, OH12 November 2019
Dont recommend
Subs are worked to the max with no benefits in return. Mgt is all about themselves. They let the losers stay and the winners go. Mgt is poor even beyond the post master. The union is for mgt not for employees. Waste of money.
Insufficient training
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, IL12 November 2019
the regular was training me had me scanning packages when I should have been taking notes and I didn't learn the job fast enough i had 10 days on the job to learn 600 people on my route and they said I wasn't fast enough and let me go
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management doesn't know how to train
2,0
You have to have a ton of patience to be anything more than on call.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Atwater, OH11 November 2019
It's literally a seasonal job where you work nonstop for 3 months and then your lucky if you get called more than one day a month after that. It takes a very long time to advance. And it's an incredibly stressful job where you rush to keep up with the demands and get back on time to bring in returning parcels and mail.
Just say no
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA11 November 2019
You will sit through days of safety classes and once you get to your station you will learn that the rules are impossible to follow in order to complete your route in the time allotted.

The most stressful job I have ever had.

The pay seems good at first but not after you figure out what they want for it.

Management is a joke.
Usps
Rural Carrier (Current Employee) –  Patrick, SC9 November 2019
Great place to work it is a little stressful during peak season (November 1st - January 1st). Thr management is very hands on and the training is very consistent.
Dear usps
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TX8 November 2019
The job was pretty much self explanatory. If I had a chance I will go back I just don't like the fact that it takes about values before you can actually Get an
perminent spot and route
2,0
If You like Money and have no family or desire to have a life outside of Work Then this is the Job for You.
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA8 November 2019
Lied to me about working on Sundays, Lied about PTO. Working Seven Days a Week 10-14 Hour Shifts. Training on Specific routes is non-existent. Would not recommend if you have a family.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TN8 November 2019
If you’re lazy do not bother. If you are looking for an easy job, do not bother. This is not an easy job, but it’s a great job. You come in sort your mail and packages, deliver your route then go home. I know it sounds easy, but I promise it’s not. My office is great. Pay and benefits are good as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5