Reviews voor Rural Carrier Associate bij United States Postal Service

1.455 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Cut throat Fat shamers
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Clearfield, UT19 februari 2018
I think that it was just the place that I was at, but if you go this way you better be fit. You better be able to do p90x for about 8-10 hours a day and then your ready. On top of that I had a bunch of fat shamer's where I worked. They didn't like that I was over weight, and they made that known. It wasn't very nice place to work save for like 3 people there total. I did like getting to be on the road and delivering the mail though, but it is tough. They don't give you the appropriate training nor do they give you a good route to start out on to get trained. That's were they fail and when I got there, had been failing. Had they only put me on a smaller route and been clear in the expectations, then proceeded to give me enough time to acquire the skills to do a good job, I would have. They failed me, that's all there is to it. It's a shame, I'm not the only one that they have failed, countless people I have talked to have been in the same boat with this company. They failed. They may in the end fail big time.
The money
Everything else.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Don't do it
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fredericksburg, VA19 februari 2018
Don't do it. Unless you are okay working 50+ hours with a day off maybe once every two weeks don't do it. People break down crying in the middle of the day from stress. I've seen it happen, and I'll admit it's happened to me. Just save yourself the stress. It's not worth it.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Never a dull moment
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Ontario, CA17 februari 2018
Theres always something to do here.. Whether I'm delivering a route or doing pick up's for companies in my city there is always something to do. So the times flies fast when your busy working.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Working as a Rural Carrier Substitute
Rural carrier substitute (voormalige medewerker) –  Traverse City, MI16 februari 2018
Typically involved in week end delivery, Saturdays. Also when the regular carrier took a vacation. Depending on the size of your Post office, you can also work as a relief carrier for another route.Typical day started at around 6 am. On the road from 10 am to sometimes 7 pm. The scary part was peoples dogs. I carried a bag of dog treats to distract them. So you sort the mail into the addresses and deliver it. I enjoyed it for the most part. I did not like having to use my own vehicle though.
Pluspunten
Pay is good. So are some of the people you work with.
Minpunten
Hours can be hard on you. Trying to drive your own vehicle is a little stressful.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
no benefits, not fair in the job
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Moss Point, MS16 februari 2018
The company is going down. Your jobs is to do everybody job if you are the best worker and the ones not doing their job get away with everything. You do not have a life with this job.
no benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good relaxed place to work
Associate Rural Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Bridgeport, TX15 februari 2018
Relaxed place to work, but fast paced. Co-workers are great. Job is pretty straight forward. Only i was part time and was offered 1 day a week to work so did not pay the bills
Pluspunten
Most of the day your own your own
Minpunten
They only hire at part time to start/ Not enough hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 2Rapporteren
Busy
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Lawton, IA15 februari 2018
It takes a lot of time and effort to learn the job. Many people have to provide and maintain their own vehicles. Hours are odd and not always guaranteed. Opportunities for picking up additional shifts are even more sporadic. It is quick paced with little room for error. Everyone sorts their own mail and packages before delivering.
Great money
Minpunten
Unreliable hours, money goes into vehicle maintenance
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
More complicated then youn would think
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  The Plains, VA13 februari 2018
As a mail carrier you are working out in all the weather - rain, sleet, snow, blazing sun.....5-7 days a week. Just with any government agency, they are too top heavy with managers. My Post Master is great, he stands up for us, but not all are like him.
Too many managers
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Great enviorment
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA12 februari 2018
A typical day included lots of physical labor and moments where self motivation was important in job completion. Great pay but no benefits available for a while
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
The Worst
PSE Mail Processing Clerk/Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM12 februari 2018
The Post Office is a terrible place to work. It is run like a military operation. Thel harassment is really bad there. People do not get fired there for the horrible things they do. They get promoted.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Rca
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Gilbertsville, KY11 februari 2018
This is a as needed position. You may work 8 hours a week, you may be lucky and get 30+ hours. There is chances to sub out to other offices. The chance to become career is better in larger offices with more routes.
Pluspunten
Good pay, Work mostly alone, Paid for route time not actual time
Minpunten
Lack of bathroom when out
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great pay but they overwork you
Rural Carrier Assistant (RCA) (huidige medewerker) –  Winchester, VA11 februari 2018
Overall, the USPS paid very well but they require you to work crazy hours and with little chance of advancing in the company. It is very hard to get days off and management does not hold everyone equally accountable.
Great Pay
Bad Benefits & Terrible work life blaance
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Depends on location
Assistant Rural Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Glibert10 februari 2018
Finding a location that has a good management team is really important and post master but it's a good job you deal alot with the weather and you make sure to bring all your food and drinks with you finding a bathroom could be tricky sometimes but it pays really well and once you make regular it's even better for binifets it's hard labor work but to me that's better then sitting in an office all day
Pluspunten
Working without management breathing down you're neck
Minpunten
Quick fast paced and demanding
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Usps rca
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Zebulon, NC10 februari 2018
This job requires you to come in fairly early in the morning and find out what you are going to do for the day. You work until you're done and if someone else needs help you go back out and help them. You never really know when you're getting off unless you are a regular . its not a hard job but it does require some work and time commitments .
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 3Rapporteren
Rca
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Bowie, MD9 februari 2018
The post office is very unpredictable, you never know what you may walk into on a work day. It could be a stressful job. Management i give a 4/10. This job is not for everyone.
Freedom
stress
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
Productive place to work
Rural Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Walterboro, SC8 februari 2018
Being a rural carrier, the work was fast paced.I enjoyed working with my coworkers. They made the morning go by and we enjoyed each other. The hardest part of the job was making sure all the mail was in order (the more you work, the easier it gets).
Working hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Disappointing
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Provo, UT8 februari 2018
The idea of the job is good. I went from working every single day during the holidays, to working one day a week in the spring/summer. I received no benefits and my job would "eventually" have an advancement opportunity. I had a bad experience with my manager at the beginning of my career there and it was held against me the rest of the time I worked there. I probably would have been able to stick it out if I had had a different manager. It could have been great, but my personal experience was a negative one.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Postal Carrier
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Dayton, TX8 februari 2018
Arrival time is at 7 am, I go to the route I'm scheduled for that day, gather the letters, magazines and parcels for that route, sort them in order of the route, then load it all into either a postal vehicle or personal vehicle. Deliver everything along the assigned route while also collecting outgoing mail/parcels.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work. Great benefits, great pay,
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  Shawnee, KS7 februari 2018
A typical day of work would be to come in case mail for your assigned route, load your truck, then deliver mail to customers.
People who I trained with, were not interested in training me. Maybe I slowed them down. Workplace was relaxed, even though it was a bit stressful during holiday time. The hardest part of the job was working in extreme cold and hot weather. I enjoyed working at my own pace and the pay was nice.
Pluspunten
Working at your own pace and the pay
Minpunten
Working in extreme cold and hot weather
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
good place to work
Rural Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Oshkosh, WI6 februari 2018
a typical day of work is working 8-10 hours a day sometimes 12.
I have learned alot from my customers.
Management was ok/
The hardest part of the job was working thru the holidays.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers and customers.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
working over your evaluated route time
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren