Reviews voor Rural Carrier Associate bij United States Postal Service

1.581 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 15.007 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Did not work there long enough
Associate Rural Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Bluffton, SC17 mei 2018
I see when you have a situation management has no empathy for you, they don't support you if the situation is serious and they cover their mistakes so you can look like you was the one that failed to follow directions. When you don't know the procedures or you do not know what to do from that point. they are not helpful at all.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Be prepared not to have a life outside of the USPS
Rural Carrier Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Chico, CA17 mei 2018
As an RCA you are treated less than human. The supervisors don't care about you having time off. They just look out for themselves. It is a very poor working environment. I like performing the job duties but the people that are in charge will make life difficult when it doesn't have to be. Lazy co-workers are babied.
work outside generally
Minpunten
On call, no sick time, work all weekends and holidays, lack of care of your well being
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Grueling
Regular Rural Carrier/RCA, OJI (voormalige medewerker) –  Rome, GA16 mei 2018
Extremely fast paced, lots of pressure from management to hurry.
Once you get the hang of it, the actual job or delivery part is enjoyable.
Very diverse culture.
The summer heat is miserable. It is easily 120 degrees inside mail trucks. There is no AC, and I assure you NO wind comes in through the window.
Management will not hire enough help.
Taking care of costumers along your route is enjoyable, you are the highlight of some peoples day, and that makes you feel good.
Good pay
Minpunten
Miserable heat, Poor management, Not enough help.
rural carrier associate
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  El Paso, TX15 mei 2018
i was a sub for the city carriers, the rurals are the back up assistant for the city associates, since my city carrier was off on leave, i had to do the work of a city carrier.
fast paced
management
Terrible management
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, MO15 mei 2018
Only good thing was pay, unreliable hours, harsh expectations, unfriendly and stressful environment. Unrealistic expectations, on call 24-7, aggressive management, co-workers on the whole not super friendly. Unwillingness to change with work environment. Once you're hired, they own you. No going to school, they guarantee 1-2 days a week but won't let you have another job. Managers under a lot of stress, this gets passed on to employees constantly.
Everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Fun
Assistant Rural Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Hamilton, NJ14 mei 2018
Even as an RCA you get little to no hours and takes forever to get Regular. By taking it, I guess it means that you will have one foot in the door, but you won't really learn the day to day that it takes to be a carrier. You'll only get to speak to CCAs that are posibly tired and bitter of there current situation about working 6-7 days a week. You might get more discourage with their negativity. Definitely if you are good with moving then apply for City. I've seen a lot of carriers that drive 45+ min to go to work and it make no sense. The job is physically and mentally demanding so adding a 2 hour commute is ridiculous especially during the holidays. Look out when applying because sometimes the Job post won't reflect an actual city,
Bedrijfscultuur
Rural Route carrier is not a full-time position when you start
Temporary Rural Route Carrier (voormalige medewerker) –  Starkville, MS14 mei 2018
When I started, I was under the impression that after the probational period, I would get my own route. This was not how it works. People stay there a long-time, obviously. Someone who started with me 4 years ago is still not full time.
Decent money, awesome co-workers
Minpunten
Waiting for your full-time job
Bedrijfscultuur
The USPS is great to work for as long as...
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (huidige medewerker) –  Pilot Mountain, NC14 mei 2018
To work for the USPS and make a career of it, you have to have a passion for the work that you do. You have to look at your position as more than Just a Job, its more like a lifestyle. And another importat thing is that you have to have a great postmaster, the only reason i left is because my postmaster was jealous of me and would rather have men working for her other than women, it was rough and i miss working for the USPS so much.
Great money & Benefits
Minpunten
Some people that work for the USPS are just hateful and some postmasters think they own you
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Entry level work same as regular workers
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  CT14 mei 2018
But pay much less and no benefits. Tenure based advancement so it could be a long time before a regular carrier retires, and even then the most senior RCA bids on the route.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a challenging job and I learned so much.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Venice, FL14 mei 2018
Being an RCA was both physical and stressful. Work hours vary. An RCA can become a regular thru vacant routes by bidding and senority. Very seasonal. Most of the year, hours were from 8 to 15 hours a day, 6 sometimes 7 days a week. I really enjoyed my job.
Pluspunten
You are working on your own most of the time, casing, loading and delivering.
Minpunten
Management with no mail delivery experience.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work except around holidays
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL14 mei 2018
There's usually enough hours to make a decent living. The main downside is from about late Oct through Jan it is SO busy with the holidays that you could be working anywhere between 60-75 hour weeks. It leaves you little to no time for a home life around the time of year you want to be with your family the most. During that time $ is GREAT! But I don't think the pay is enough to outweigh the lack of home time.
Get Ready To Work
Rural Carrier Associate/Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Hephzibah, GA13 mei 2018
With the constant onslaught of commercialism in our field of vision it is never as evident as when you work for the post office. There is an ever increasing amount of packages with fussy and rude customers to go along with them. The mail never stops and never sleeps. You will be up early and out in the elements. The pay is decent but with the workload ever increasing it is not competitive with other delivery options and sometimes is not simply worth the effort.
Decent pay
Minpunten
Always on call, tons of packages, weather
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
stressful no time for life duties
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Atlantic Beach, FL13 mei 2018
It's stressful because we would always have to split extra routes because we have call outs all the time, work six days a week , have to come in on your off day and be threatened with disciplinary action if you didn't come in. work a minimum of 10-12 hours a day, and would have to run other routes packages because the regulars would leave before the delivery truck would get there so the weight fell on the subs.
the overtime pay
Minpunten
no time off, do more than supposed to do.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Poor work environment across the board
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Evans, CO11 mei 2018
The job is very stressful from beginning to end. Management is poor, and is only concerned with how long it takes you to complete a route, not taking into consideration unexpected events such as weather, late mail, traffic, etc. Taking a lunch is forbidden daily to focus on getting back to the station as soon as possible.
Pluspunten
Pay per hour is reasonable
Poor work culture
New rca
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Long Island, NY10 mei 2018
I'm an RCA in Long Island New York. I'm 3 months in right now and overall I really like it. I happen to have an awesome postmaster and my coworkers are very nice and helpful. I've already been trained on four of the routes. On average I work approximately 30 hours a week. That being said the smallest route our office is 500 stops going up to over 700. Being a newbie I have a very hard time getting it all done in time which is very stressful. I also happen to work in an office where the regular carriers are very young so my Prospect make career seems dismal at this time. I'm definitely not giving up I'm going to stick with it because anything can happen. Just don't expect this to be an easy job. It's very taxing mentally and physically.. but I'm proud to work for usps (really). It's definitely not for everyone
Pluspunten
Being out on your own, dealing with people
Minpunten
Extremely long routes, stressful, lack of opportunity to advance
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
You will be in the sun!
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Brownsville, TX10 mei 2018
The salary is very well for the lower valley cost of living and the people you work with are truly professionals. I would return to the agency if the opportunity raised.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Supervisors could take some classes to effectively deal with employees
Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Florida8 mei 2018
Supervisors put a lot on you and they keep loading you down until you break. The job isn't for everyone. Sometimes, even when you give your all it just isn't good enough.
everything else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Working as an RCA
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  Assonet, MA6 mei 2018
So I started out working w/ USPS as an Associate carrier the day after thanksgiving. I was lucky enough to get a real small office w/ nice carriers and managers. Right off the bat though, it's hard work. Take the job description on their site to heart! I'm a fit, 30yr old guy and doing the Mail just wasn't for me. As an RCA you'll work almost everyday during the holiday season except X-mas. You'll get anywhere from 500-700 stops depending on a route, so this is not a laid back job by any means. You'll also be sorting anywhere from 2000-5000 pieces of mail in the morning at your case, unless you bring the DPS to the road, but then you'll have to finger through it. (Oh Yeah, and carrying in bad weather is a NIGHTMARE! cough SNOW&ICE) The LLV'S are terrible, period. There are no benefits except very expensive insurance they offer...don't do it.
In order to receive benefits and $20hr, you'll need to become a regular which could take anywhere from 1-10yrs...yes. Thats why theres a lot of Moms doing this job.
It's not a terrible place to work, you just have to be the type of person to do this: Very Responsible, Quick, Safe, Very Organized, and Willing Everyday! Superman or Supergirl LOL
I switched to the ARC position afterwards, which is just package delivery w/ a GPS on Sundays+Holidays until I find something better.
Pay & employees
Minpunten
No benefits, you have to wait to make regular, it's hard work, The LLV'S
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Challenging
Rural City Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Manassas, VA5 mei 2018
The Post Office is a great great to have but I believe some location are worst than others the culture is great people from many different background of world makes it a great atmosphere each one learn something different and similar from each other. Aside from that my particular the management is not great they yell and scream gives you huge route and threat to write you if you finish on time.
Pluspunten
Work without being supervise, meet great people, never borring
Minpunten
too much work, hard to finish on time, bad management.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
usps
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New Market, TN4 mei 2018
it was an okay job no benefits just like any other job you have your good days and bad days there are good things and bad things about every job people need to treat employees better
Minpunten
non enough hours no benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag