Reviews voor Rural Carrier Associate bij United States Postal Service

1.976 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 17.654 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
It is work.
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Chandler, AZ16 november 2018
While sometimes treated unfair, i did very much enjoy the work it self. Management needs to be improved as well as routes re evaluated. If you are okay with unpredictable work hours and passive aggressive co workers i think you will be fine. Prepare to work hard!
Fast paced environment
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Lillington, NC16 november 2018
A person is able to determine how much they could advance. Learning the routes and being a substitute for the career drivers allowed me to get more hours.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good for high school graduates
RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Nj14 november 2018
It is the great opportunity for people who just starting in any kind of work force. Hard working people always needed. Long hours and good pay. I just wish they would explain about benefits little more up front, instead it was a surprise for me.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very fast paced and stressful workplace
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cypress, TX13 november 2018
My hats off to the Postal workers. It is a very challenging place to work at my location. I was a Rural Associate which means I would have to work there for years before becoming a Regular with the same route every day. My day consisted of casing hundreds of pieces of mail and packages, delivering them on different routes which took awhile if you didn't know where you were going and had to rely on reading the route street by street. We had to accomplish all of this within a certain time frame or be reprimanded. We were not allowed to return to the Post Office until all mail has been delivered, no matter the hour. Our immediate supervisor was very tough on all of us taking no excuses. Although many workers did not get along with the Postmaster, I felt like she was strict but fair. Many of the packages were heavy and that was challenging. The most enjoyable part of working there were the other postal workers. We stood every day casing our mail laughing, talking and supporting each other. I truly missed my co-workers when I left.
Comraderie and Support
Minpunten
Heavy packages and stressful deadlines
my exprience
Rural Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Vacaville, CA12 november 2018
Working as a rural carrier assistant had its pros and cons, it was a very difficult job, which the hiring team explains to yo in training. you have to be very dedicated and ready to work hard in all types of weather conditions you have to be very accurate and work at a steady pace, every day the volume of mail and parcels differed. this job can be very stressful but enjoyable, simply because you're in control of your work, you don't have a supervisor constantly watching you. when you first start out it could be difficult but if you're dedicated you will find your own way to make the job easier and feel more confrontable. the managers at the station I was employed can be unprofessional in stressful events. but I stuck it out for 2 years, but I'm also a strong, reliable person and very hardworking so if you have any of the traits I have you can do it.
Pluspunten
good pay benifits, can make same pay in any state
management, volume of mail
Bedrijfscultuur
very to yourself kind of job
Assistant Rural Carrier (ARC) (voormalige medewerker) –  Lompoc, CA12 november 2018
If you like working alone and long hours then this is the job for you! you have to get things done in a timely manner and then help others who are slower than you. it is a very independent job.
Very High paced
Rural Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Corona, CA11 november 2018
A very demanding job but worth it. A great place to work at with great benefits. A ton of job opportunities! The location I was positioned at had so many welcoming employees. For the most part, everyone I encountered were very very helpful. Hardest part of the job is that even as a new employee, management is very demanding!
Great benefits, job mobility
demanding, stressful
People
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Laurel, MD10 november 2018
My experience at the post office depended on the day. The work was easy but people there are undercover racists to those that they do not like. They put alot of pressure on temps and expect them to work all day all all night until job gets completed. Supervisors are slow.
Bedrijfscultuur
More work then it’s worth!
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Pendleton, IN10 november 2018
You are always on call and cannot plan anything. Some days you have as many Amazon cartons to deliver as mail and your Superviser expects you to finish your route in the same amount of time all in all a terrible place to work!!!
Co- workers
Everything else
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good paying job but the company overall seemed to have little concern for employee welfare
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (voormalige medewerker) –  Burlington, WI10 november 2018
I enjoyed the job because it gave me a sense of fulfillment when the day was done. It was fast paced and I loved the people. The issue was with management. They seemed more concerned about getting the job done even if it meant affecting the welfare of their employees. I felt unsafe in certain situations but they did not seem as concerned about that as just getting the job done sometimes.
Pluspunten
fast paced, using organizational skills and worked with variety of people
dangerous situations, high stress
Fast paced, stressful.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Porter, TX9 november 2018
Walk in, the clerks are now starting to throw the mail up. We have to wait for them to finish as we are putting the mail up. If any one of our co workers called in. We had to split the route, for no mail gets left behind.
Pluspunten
Holidays off with pay, PTO and a company vehicle.
Minpunten
Sun, rain, sleet or snow. The mails got to go.
Bedrijfscultuur
Could be great income for full time
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Seymour, CT9 november 2018
Being a rural carrier assistant they only give you 1 or 2 days per week. They put you on multiple routes before you can learn one route completely. Their were a few nice people working there but a few of them when asked to train new employee they refuse.
Bedrijfscultuur
not for the faint of heart
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Rockwall, TX9 november 2018
This is hard work people. This is a super fast paced, rigid environment. Start early, inspect vehicle, organize mail, parcels, sign for express mail, load truck, and head out. Depending on experience it may take 5-12 hours to run a route, it's up to you...moslty.
Management was pretty good, some better than others.
On the job training is helpful, as are your coworkers - on a good day.
The culture is intense, you have a small work space, bad lighting, lots of large equipment and sharp edges. You will definitely go home with bruises.
Hardest part of the job is people parking in front of the mail boxes and being treated like a degenerate. People have no idea how hard this job is and how blocking mail boxes makes it even harder.

Best part of the job is it's a head down, get the job done kind of work place, no time for office drama, your so busy it goes by fast.

If you can work in this environment its a great job, the pay is good, and if you get a career route, the benefits are amazing.
Pluspunten
No drama, fast paced, pay and overtime pay
Minpunten
hard physical work, working in the elements no matter what
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Tough to advance and hard on family life
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Grove, OK9 november 2018
I was hired on with the promise of growing opportunities and after a year it became apparent those opportunities were many years away. Most subs are there for 3-10 years before you even get an opportunity to advance to full time. No time off, can not plan anything with the family because if you get called in you have to go. Plus you have to buy your own vehicle and maintain it. Subs are treated HORRIBLE! Great pay and would be ok if you have no family and a flexible schedule and can wait for the chance at full time I guess.
Great Pay
Minpunten
Too difficult to advance, not family friendly
Horrible unstable workplace
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Winchester, KY8 november 2018
The high hourly rate is what brought me to USPS but trust me, they aren’t being generous. That’s the lowest they’ll pay people to stay and most subs often don’t. Goes to show you how bad it truly is. If you have no life already or don’t want one, I’d recommend it. If you ever want to see your husband or do a weekend activity once a month even, not gonna happen. They drag the subs through the mud and wonder why retention is bad. The job itself is relatively easy but taxing because mail volume fluctuates. No day is the same, most are heavy. You’re literally delivering trash. 99.99% of mail is garbage and it’s such a waste and starts to make you mad. You work so hard to get trash to people, most throw it away. Supes will give you a day off after working 8 in a row and act like they created an act of god. Oh and on that day off, they’ll call you at 6am asking you to come in and be mad if you don’t. As if you need a life? Grocery shopping? Do it after work. Just need to do some laundry? Better do it when you get off. That’s what ultimately killed me at this job. I even spoke with my supe to remedy it. She made false promises. I work hard, always have. Not lazy, I’m on time, never call out and do what I’m told. But in the end the relentless changing of the schedule rendering planning of literally anything impossible and the no days off is why I left. Ever amazed that the post office is fast? It’s because they dog their workers in order for that to occur. Hope amazon buys them out.
Pay
Minpunten
No time off, erratic ever changing schedule, no life
Great Job
Assistant Rural Carrier (huidige medewerker) –  Suffolk, VA8 november 2018
Good culture and work environment. Great work and life balance. Coworkers are awesome. The union is great. The bosses are fair and supportive. Great job.
Review of a day.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Mosinee, WI7 november 2018
Start shift by sorting magazines, (flats), mail, (letters), and packages, into designated slots with the customers name and address, to ensure proper delivery. Next you load the truck placing packages in the back in an order to make them easily retrieved. Hoping the weather is around 50 degrees (so you don't get to hot or to cold) you drive around and deliver the mail and packages.
The best part of my day was meeting the customers who were excited to get their packages.
Hardest part of the job maintaining a healthy temperature in the mail truck, they have no air and the heaters have no temperature control (just on and hot even in summer).
Fast paced work
Rural Carrier Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Racine, WI5 november 2018
High volume of mail and parcels. Challenging role, but RSR's and supervisors support development. Each day is predictable in routine but also not monotonous.
Pluspunten
working independantly, working outdoors, driving
Minpunten
little to no breaks, high pressure and stress
Bedrijfscultuur
Each day varies due to the mail volume is not consistant daily
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Franklin, TN5 november 2018
Depending on how much mail is received each day will determined whether the day will be an easy going day or a long day. The job is not hard but is very repetition. Management is just like any other management team at any company that have goals and expectations for the company. The culture is very diverse. There is no hard part about the job. the most enjoyable part is the customers.
Minpunten
how long it takes to become a career employee
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Waste of time
Rural Carrier Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Dublin, OH5 november 2018
Waste of time. Work and training was incorrect and there was never enough time to deliver all things everyday on time. ///////////////////////////////////////////////
ALl
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij United States Postal Service. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag