United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Found 123 reviews matching the search See all 23.387 reviews
Usps
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CA27 October 2019
A typical day at work begins at 6:30am where I assess the mail volume and plan the workload for my employees and ensure all trucks are on schedule. I manage 40 mail carriers and 6 clerks everyday and have learned how to resolve conflict in the workplace, time management, organization skills and accountability from my employees. The workplace culture/ environment is not very challenging which is why I'm seeking the next opportunity in my career. I have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I have with my colleagues.
Pros
Retirement, steady paycheck and vacation time.
Cons
Public sector, incentives are not tied to productivity.
3,0
Good pay. Horrible management.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas5 October 2019
Tons of management employees that do absolutely nothing all day everyday. 4 levels .Local, district, area and then Headquarters all sitting around producing nothing drawing six figure salary's. It's pathetic.
4,0
Great pay and benefits but...
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kentucky16 September 2019
Unrealistic expectations. The majority of management have lost their integrity. The pay is great and the benefits are wonderful, but the job is extremely stressful.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Stress, home/work balance
Stressful Environment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia, Maryland, Georgia, North Carolina11 September 2019
Not a healthy place to work for lower Management nor employees
Upper management is very corrupt trying to make impossible number register so they can appear to be making their quotas. As a result, their corruption is infecting the entire operation. I have worked many positions within the postal service because I believe we should lead by example and our required expectations should be known by management and capable of being fulfilled by management if the need arises. Many supervisors and managers have positions because of who they know not what they know or are capable of doing.
I am saddened because I loved my job but the dishonesty to individuals and customers became too discouraging so after 24years of service I RETIRED!!!
Pros
Pay is great, customers are wonderful and employees not bad
Cons
unappreciative of all employees, jeopardizes safety, deceptive to meet quota for bonuses
Its a very secure job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 September 2019
The job is secure, the days are long sometimes and the coworkers are sometimes not too pleasant to work with. The management may change up rapidly but there is a lot of room for growth if you want to grow.
Pros
Money
Cons
It takes alot of time to earn the money and the people
1,0
Modern day slavery
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NY19 August 2019
While the salaries are competitive, they expect blood, sweat and tears. As a supervisor they expect you to live out your day in their facilities threatening workers and violating the national agreements the craft unions. God forbid you get sick, don’t expect to get paid. Even though you have sick time. There is a major cultural issue within the postal service and until 60+ percent that doesn’t want to retire actually does it won’t change. The managers are verbally abusive and have very little respect. They turn many good employees into bad ones
Great opportunity
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MD17 August 2019
Great opportunities for advancement. There are so many avenues you can take once working for the USPS . Just need to be prepared to earn your money. Some days harder then the next.
Financially good job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 August 2019
Fast paced, good pay, management needs to address employee issues fairly. Management needs to control work hours and overtime of all support staff adequately
5,0
Secure employment with good benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT2 August 2019
People who work at the USPS enjoy a full tenure. 30 or 40 years of employment is normal. This can be attributed to good
Working conditions and benefits.
5,0
Good place for career advancement and personal growth
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN1 August 2019
Good place for career advancement and personal growth, That's my opinion. and definitely it's a good place for job security, too. so, right ahead and apply.
productive work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA29 June 2019
My job was very important for all of us and I took pride what I was doing .
I learn to be professional , punctual and skilled individual .
Based on knowledge and experience my performance was highly efficient.
5,0
Working for the USPS was both educational and exciting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC11 June 2019
At first, working for the USPS was overwhelming, Leaning zip codes for the whole country and then for each city in my area. As I progressed in my career I found it to be a wonderful place to work. I advanced in my career and learned about worldwide delivery.
Was a fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LA30 May 2019
Post office coworkers were like family. Our office was stress free and everyone worked together as a team. Retirement benefits were good but the people who been there longer still had pension plans which was better.
productive
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  California12 May 2019
I work as a Supervisor at the united states postal service. This used to be one of the best jobs that I have had until we got a new boss. The new boss is not a Team player and if something goes wrong he blames the supervisors. We should all be a team and work on making things better not blaming each other.
3,0
Stressful and quick paced.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CA9 May 2019
Manage would change constantly and hard to retain hourly. Lazy people would get reward witht the easiest jobs and hard working people would be push to work harder and longer with a lot more responsibilities
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not enough hours, stressfull, cnstant change
4,0
Government guidelines
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV18 April 2019
The USPS is a government agency that has guidelines in place to provide the best service for the customer.At
times hours were long, and not appreciated by upper
Management.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Unfair upward mobility
Unhappy Employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA12 April 2019
United States Postal Service is a great company to work for. The benefits are amazing but the management does not show any compassion towards the employees of the company. A larger amount of employees are unhappy but want to stay with the company because of benefits.
2,0
Postal
Clerk/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH6 April 2019
Can be a very stressful place to work depending on the location and particular employees and management. Certain individuals can make it a bad or a good place to work. Most customers just complain whether warranted or not. New employees aren’t paid as much.
Pros
Reliable work; benefits, vacation and sick leave.
Cons
Overly stressful
5,0
Excellent company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WA31 January 2019
A typical day at work is constant from start to finish. you never stop moving and feel fulfilled at the end of the day knowing you delivered mail to everyone in your community.
Favoritism
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA3 January 2019
It great place to work job security and great benefits.
To eliminate favoritism from the buddy system instituted supervisor program called asp to help but failed to eliminate it totally.
Pros
Good benefits and job security
Cons
Upper managers only see black and white don't see gray area in dealing with employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5