United States Postal Service Employee Review

View all United States Postal Service reviews

Would not recommend this job to ANYONE
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TX11 September 2019
I would not recommend this job to anyone. Many people are only for themselves working at the Post office. There is no encouragement to do better. People leave you to struggle, and expect you to learn the job within a couple days. Management is horrible. Management is the Number one reason the Post office has a High turnover rate. They do not care about you as an Individual.
Pros
Making decent money
Cons
Management, Attitude Culture, non caring, treat new people horribly

Other United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Good short term work for a single person
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO10 December 2019
Worked at USPS as a CCA for 2 Years .. would have stayed if the chance of making regular had been on the horizon but it wasn't . There was bad abusive style managers and a couple of good ones . The hours were long and stressful often being thrown onto routes then given half another route all being done in vehicles that broke down all the time . I am married with 2 kids .. i barely seen my family in the time i was there .. i decided after being sworn at by a postmaster to " get my A** into work " on my one day off in 15 days that i had enough and quit so in short if you are single > hate your home life > want to earn a lot of money for working endless hours its a good gig .. if you have any family / social life look elsewhere !
Stressful, unrealistic expectations
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR10 December 2019
Don't do it. Just don't. I managed to last almost a year before the 15hr days, 6 days a week finally broke me down. The pay is great and (if you have a walking route for the day) you get a lot of exercise but just about everything else is a nightmare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5