University of Illinois

University of Illinois Employee Reviews

4,0
Good benefits and retirement and better retirement with better paid by my review summary!!! I only made 17.00 an hour while others made more with less years and no real education because management favor not abilities
!!! I had 30 years and masters education!!
Pros
Good benifits Good union
Cons
Advancement is not by education or years of service!!
3,0
Not bad work. You have a job to do. Have to get all your work done. I wish I had better hours. Managrs could be better towards us. But it's not a bad job
1,0
A clear picture of Amerikkka, I was passed over for no other reason than being black. The only black in the department and I was still too much black.
Pros
Within cook county
Cons
Amerikkka
3,0
Good place to start your carees as a Graduate research assistant. The university has a lot of resources and has a very diverse environment to be exposed.
4,0
Work hard and get rewarded.
Friendly environment

Competitive place and everyone is devoted to their work

Healthy competition

Oncampus interview with pharmaceutical companies are available once you are done with postdoc.
5,0
I really liked the staff and the students that enrolled in the classes. The students were a mix of graduate students, alumni, and professors. Everybody was friendly and really wanting to learn proper Pilates.
5,0
University of Illinois is a great academic institution with lots of opportunities for growth and excellent benefits. It is located in an urban area with lots of great restaurants and theaters. The culture is very diversed where everyone is accepted regardless of race, gender, age.
5,0
I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot and was working with amazing people. I was able to implement my knowledge in healthcare to make this job very successful.
1,0
Stayed at job loved being assigned work and took pride in getting the work done in timely manner...took pride in my work . I knew what was expected of me on daily basis. And didn’t mind the work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Illinois?
1,0
if leadership likes you, you get promoted and raises, if they don't, hold grudges, keep you from being promoted, don't try to develop people, hold themselves to different standards, so much corruption it is sickening
4,0
The university was a fun place to work with plenty of activities on and around campus. The group itself was close knit and a pleasure to work for. Benefits were spectacular.
4,0
I was a student employee for 4 years. They were very accommodating in adjusting my work schedule around class schedules and study requirements. Pay won't be union rate, but it's a good source of income to offset some of the costs of paying for school.
5,0
Come to work on time and everyday , I’ve met a lot of friends a lot of fund memories to take with me. The job helped me to become a wonderful father and friend and taught me more respect for sports
Pros
Kids education
Cons
Longevity
5,0
Manager is great! The pay not bad and the benefits are exceptional. The work is very satisfying and meaningful. A great place to work and feel like a family and be a part of a great team.
5,0
During field season, we are always out on Lake Michigan gathering samples or along the Illinois shoreline interviewing fishermen. I have learned so much already, from invertebrate and vertebrate identification, and other various aging techniques of yellow perch. The hardest part of the job can be the long and early hours, but the amazing experiences are worth it.
5,0
Loved the U of I! I only left because of pursuit of completing my undergrad and graduate degrees. I still stay in contact with my colleagues and think of them as extended family.
5,0
Great place to work overall. You have a lot of freedom to bring your work experience with you and make a job your own. There is a lot of flexibility with your time off.
4,0
Good: Super benefits, interesting work, incredibly large community, meet people from all over the world, lots of raises.
Bad: All of the research jobs run out of time and money eventually. No way to transition into new research.
5,0
Making sure to meet all of the students needs while taking exams and enter acting with my fellow employees. I enjoyed helping to set up the testing room and making sure that everything was in tip top shape
2,0
It is a fun environment that is what you make it. The change in sr. leadership has created a different vibe and purpose for us to follow which has made the environment a formidable place to compete with.
3,0
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is charged by our state to enhance the lives of citizens in Illinois, across the nation and around the world through our leadership in learning, discovery, engagement and economic development.