University of Illinois Reviews

Alle 325 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Enjoyed my time here
Systems Administrator III (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, IL13 oktober 2018
Has same types of issues as most employers. Sometimes you will find bad managers. Overall it was good place to work, but I was not involved in the politics, nr was I faculty, so that helps!
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoy working with the public.
Office Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL11 oktober 2018
As a well established progressive and rapidly expanding organization in today's market, I am a self-motivated individual interested in a position that would lead me to a higher level of responsibilities. I am dependable, versatile, love multi-tasking, and love working with people.

As a Clerical Assistant for over 10 years, I have lots of experience and I am willing to expand my skills in a organization that is growing, this opportunity will help me grow with the company.
Pluspunten
I enoy working with the public.
Irrate people
Collaborative and Creative Position
Health Professional Navigator Peer Mentor (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL3 oktober 2018
As a mentor for students interested in applying to professional school in the health field, I able to communicate and provide advice to several different types of people. Overall, I found this profession to encourage me to be creative when helping people improve their personal statement. Also, I collaborated with different mentors from different health professionals in order to give the students our personal advice.
Fast paced environment
Case Manager Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL31 augustus 2018
You must be able to learn quickly and able to move around. You must be on time and enjoy learning new things. What I enjoyed the most is the benefits
Ill!
"Undergrad Research Assistant" (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL27 augustus 2018
Great University, Great Professor!! Wish I learned more when I was there. I would like to go back and do it again. Met great people an lifelong relationships.
Good Benefits
Garage Sub-Foreman (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL23 augustus 2018
I come to work and do my job. I was able to move into management in a timely manner. The culture of the work place runs hot and cold depending on the day. My current position is not the best use of my skills and talent.
Bedrijfscultuur
Academic experience, industry-focused research, invaluable knowledge
Undergraduate Researcher (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL22 augustus 2018
It was undergraduate research, so the compensation and overall experience was as expected. The whole experience is catered towards academics, and is highly competitive. However, the knowledge that is gained (in addition to what is learned formally in the classrooms) is invaluable. We had access to state of the art facilities and labs, and the type of work is largely self-reliant, without the need for too much supervision, depending on the type of research group.
Bedrijfscultuur
State budget issues aside, a great place to work
Business Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL18 augustus 2018
A typical day at work was checking and replying to a LOT of emails, problem solving, scheduling project meetings, attending project meetings, working on deliverables, working on individual projects then absorbing the day and planning the next one.

I learned Tableau and Business Objects report-writing skills, as well as Business Process Improvement techniques.

My immediate supervisor was great to work with. My manager, however, was a micromanager and not the easiest to please.

The culture was progressive, despite being majority white. In my unit, specifically, it was white male dominated. Very professional to/with our clients but laid back within the unit. Nearly every employee is at least Bachelor's educated, with several having Masters and PhDs so I worked among some highly intelligent people with great ideas.

The hardest part of my job was keeping my manager happy, whose concerns seemed to often differ from my clients. Budgeting issues kept upper management anxious, since we did not work in one of the lucrative departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and clients. People in general are happy at the university, and the benefits are very nice.
salary and benefits
Minpunten
unless your department is north of Green, you might suffer from budget cuts
Bedrijfscultuur
Great to start out with.
SDR/ Mentor Program, Telemarketer (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL11 augustus 2018
University offers a great amount of work study poisitons to help out students, however the positions themselves need to be a small bit more rewarding in some cases to help struggling students.
Pluspunten
flexible hours, great working environment
Great Internship
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL2 augustus 2018
Great way to apply the classroom to the workplace, offer valuable research skills that helped me tremendously throughout my professional career. Very friendly workplace
Nice place to work
IT Technical Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL28 juli 2018
This is a exciting place to work and would recommend it for a career. You have opportunity to grow if you take advantage of it. The benefits are good as well.
Great work environment
Full Time Computer Programmer (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL17 juli 2018
The work environment was great, although the salary was pretty low. I enjoyed being able to pick out the projects I wanted to work on. I enjoyed working with legacy software as well as new technology.
Great work experience
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL13 juli 2018
High-end research areas. A healthy environment for research and technology advancements. Courses and research can be intense but the learning process is concise.
Nice University
Interviewer (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL10 juli 2018
Worked on a research project part time. Staff were awesome and a great environment to work. The project was held at multiple sites in the United States.
Bedrijfscultuur
This is unpaid voluntary position
Adjunct Associate Professor (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL25 juni 2018
I am a Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Human Nutrition and Food Science at the University of Illinois. No review on this university is applied.
Project Coordinator
Research Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN25 juni 2018
The coordination of programs based around feeding the community while focusing on the needs individuals seeking help for the advancement of the well beings, I facilitate a comprehensive adult education program and domestic violence awareness for young men. I also help conduct a study pertaining to African American males in low-income communities,
Uic
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner student (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL24 juni 2018
I attended UIC as a grad student. Great advanced practice nursing school. I intend to return for my doctorate. It's nice that they have satellite campuses to attend.
Casual environment
Administrator (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL16 juni 2018
Boring. no perks for employees. More could have been offered to help employees remain engaged in their work as well as in the company as a whole. It was like factory work, i.e. in out, in out. no real consideration for employees. as if they didnt really exist when it came to decision making.
8-5 working hrs
no perks for employees
Student
Springfield, Student (voormalige medewerker) –  Granbury, TX15 juni 2018
Amazing professors who love their jobs. Challenging coursework required hours of attention to detail in order to complete the program. Enjoyed my time as a student very much.
not family oriented
Building Service Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL11 mei 2018
What I enjoyed the most about working at the University were the fellow employees. I have been on 6:00 am to 2:30 shift for approximately 4 years. I would have to say the hardest part of this job was campuswide snow removal.
Claim deze bedrijfspagina

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij University of Illinois. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag