University of Illinois Reviews

Alle 271 reviews worden getoond
Excellent learning environment
Director of Clinical Operations (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL30 juli 2017
Enjoy working with faculty and staff. Great learning institution with educational resources at your disposal.
Hectic environment with newest technology and advancements
Cool school
tutor affiliated to Department of Physics (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL3 juli 2017
University of Illinois is ranked top 2 in Computer Science this year! I am very proud of being a student here. I learned, and created a lot at UIUC. ILLINI!
Bedrijfscultuur
in the middle of nowhere
Visiting Scientist (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL19 juni 2017
located at a very small town. School is really great but nothing else to do. Great research but too much politics. Constant stress of finding grants. great engineering school
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a pleasant if somewhat stilted work environment, because I was temporary help.
Extra-Help Office Assistant I (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL10 juni 2017
Work day was not always busy. What I learned was minimal because I was not hired into a permanent position. I was only given enough training and information to complete the assigned task for a specific amount of time.
Flexible work hours
Parking was expensive.
Difficult employer
Assistant Director (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL5 juni 2017
The university has the potential to be a great employer, but unfortunately it is held back by the state. Being an Academic Professional, we take the brunt of the hardship and there is little job security but continual threats of our benefits being slashed.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL4 juni 2017
Worked as a teaching assistant many years ago. A fun place to work and students were enthusiastic and talented. The job allowed a lot of freedom to design the curriculum.
Intern at University of Illinois Springfiled
Springfield Intern/ Events Coordinator, UIS (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, IL1 juni 2017
Working in an athletic environment is absolutely great. All the staff is very personable and outgoing. They were easy to talk to and had great work ethic. The staff all had the same vision and goals for the athletic department, it was one big team
Great experience
OK to work for
Nutrition and Wellness Educator (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL25 mei 2017
Good, but offices are located in Urbana and we work in Chicago and life would be better if we had better contact with our employer. Time goes by too fast not to be in touch with those who make the decisions.
Fun
Lab Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL22 mei 2017
At the University of Illinois, you get to work with world class faculty on cutting edge research. Schedule is based on your availability, and a positive environment is always present.
Fun Undergrad Job
Residence Hall Desk Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Pennsylvania28 april 2017
It was nice to work as a residence hall desk clerk. I was able to make many friends during my employment. The only downside is that you might give hours in the early morning/night (3AM - 7AM Shift).
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a diversified campus - poor job security.
Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, IL22 april 2017
The school needs to diversify its administration, faculty and staff. They also need to make the campus more welcoming for minorities and offer better job security for teachers.
Excellent for Grad Students
MBA Program Graduate Student Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL21 april 2017
Excellent part-time opportunities for current Graduate Students; great pay and part-time flexible work opportunities to help support oneself while in school
Flexibity
Awesome place to work
Business Administrative Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL18 april 2017
I loved working for U of I because I got to meet new people and was still able to make due with the wages and benefits package for my family and I. I would love to work for a company just like it in order to truthfully earn a decent living for My family
Pluspunten
Benefits, advancement opportunities, meet new people
Work Life Balance
Process Improvement Facilitator (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL13 april 2017
Work Life Balance in my position is wonderful. My job allows me to telecommute when needed with minimal travel for the job. I have enjoyed learning all of the different aspects of Higher Education with regards to the culture and diversity of each department.
Free tuition to employees
Minpunten
Salary increase and advancement based upon state budget
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun work place
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL10 april 2017
Got knowledge and training of various new techniques. Sufficient breaks in between work were allowed. Many opportunities were given to develop as a student researcher.
Dining Worker
Dining Hall Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL10 april 2017
My position was apart of federal work study. The dining hall I worked in was really relaxed and I wouldn't have wanted to work anywhere else on campus.
Nice place to work for
Office Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL9 april 2017
Calibrated issues in classrooms regarding
smart-boards / computer problems.
Ordered new computers, furniture and assisted with remodeling projects.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining inventory using on-line system for surplus/disposal items per depts.
and, reported via spreadsheet to UIC warehouse. Often times other
departments did not report their surplus items.
Pluspunten
Free lunch during student events
Minpunten
Had to walk to other campuses in the winter to drop off documents.
University
Teaching Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL8 april 2017
Great school in terms of educational opportunities, as well as a balanced lifestyle. The university does an excellent job in preparing the students for the demands of the real world.
Awesome
President (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL5 april 2017
I had a great time at the University of Illinois, I feel like I grew as a professional while here. I learned about different waste procedures which helped me get my new job.
great workplace enviroment
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Underappreciated Urban Research University with True Diversity
Institutional Data Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL1 april 2017
Excellent and inspirational urban mission, great institutional values. Commitment to accessibility means it is a very diverse place with phenomenal positive impact, especially in the health sciences. As with most universities, it is administered unevenly, so your work experience will vary depending on the unit. As a public university, it struggles with being underfunded. Hugely successful in research (engineering, public health, medicine).
Pluspunten
Generally understanding of work-life balance needs (family, health, etc)
Minpunten
Pay is stuck. Little room for advancement
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren