University of Illinois Reviews

Alle 328 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
A helpful and rewarding job.
Research Assistant for the Hull Group (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL7 februari 2018
After my time as a Resident Advisor I am thankful for the opportunity to make a positive impact on residents' lives and to learn some powerful interpersonal skills. I have had two exceptional supervisors that manages myself and our staff well.
Illinois Athletics Video Production
Assistant Director of Video Services (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL6 februari 2018
Most days are quite demanding. Average 50 or more hours a week. Work with students a lot. Very difficult to maintain a work/life balance. Numerous short deadlines.
Fine
Graduate Teaching Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL5 februari 2018
You really want to know? I did some research, I was underpaid, overworked, but in the process did some partying and was able to come into work when I wanted. Grad school is great, but then as soon as you leave its brutal.
Good School
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL4 februari 2018
It is a good school. peaceful city. It's cold over the winter but nice during summer. There are lots of opportunities for students. Overall I recommend it.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant/Student Leader (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL2 februari 2018
Created assignments, graded all assignment, quizzes, and exams. Organized mandatory bi-weekly field trips exposing students to real-world professionals in the biological fiend
Bedrijfscultuur
Poor management, lack of direction
Extension Educator (voormalige medewerker) –  Effingham, IL25 januari 2018
U of I Extension has a poor attitude toward innovation. Employees are expected to do the same thing that had been done for that past 20 years. It's too much trouble to do anything different that might make them a useful entity in the age of online educaiton.
Assistantship
Research & Teaching Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL23 januari 2018
It was a typical university environment. The research could be interesting or boring depending on the topic.The benefit was excellent and it covered tuition with expenses.
Bedrijfscultuur
Awesome place for Engineering!
Graduate Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL20 januari 2018
Lots of research happening here.Especially in CS department. Also, cost of living here is low.
the only problem here is cold winters. If you are used to harsh winters you can come here.
Bedrijfscultuur
Assistant Director of Dining Services for Catering (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL17 januari 2018
Exciting and fast paced work environment. My supervisor was very supportive. Great management staff! Always looking top improve and offer the best quality product to students and staff.
good pay and benefits
Bedrijfscultuur
Not sure why they are having me do this.
Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL15 januari 2018
I was only there for an REU a few years ago. The graduate program from what I have seen is very intense. I would recommend going somewhere else for graduate school.
Bedrijfscultuur
Extra Help Accounting (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL13 januari 2018
My last job was only a temporary position. It did not include benefits, but since I had retired from the same company, I already had those. I took the position knowing the end date when I started. I had done all of the work at my previous position so it was really easy to move in and do the work that was required.
1,0
Bedrijfscultuur
being on a job that you could say home
MEDICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL9 januari 2018
this is very comfortable place to be at people friendly and team player with co workers and staying with a company and maintain you r position and career and staying focused and stability and financial
n/a
n/a
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to do research, and can meet people from different background.
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL4 januari 2018
The students are working hard. Great opportunity and support from academia perspective. Nice campus environment. Great professors and researchers. Diversity in cultures.
Great research resources.
Stressful and fast pace.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work for experience
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL3 januari 2018
I learned a lot about chemical reactions such as TLC plating. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people I worked with. The only thing I didn't like is that it is not paid, it is for experience and university credit.
Cool people
Not paid
Good grad school
Teaching Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign County, IL2 januari 2018
Many motivated students at this university make teaching more fun. Nice campus, though in a somewhat uninteresting location. Overall recommended for grad students.
Uninteresting location
Great place for Students
Undergraduate Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL28 december 2017
Great friendly place who is new to research field. All professors and staff are equally helpful in encouraging student to participate in meetings and work on various projects
Bedrijfscultuur
Research One university with outstanding faculty and smart students
Director of Communications, College of Media (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL15 december 2017
The U of I has faculty governance, which makes for a challenging place for a non-faculty person to work. The research conducted is fascinating and world-changing.
Bedrijfscultuur
Being a graduate student is never easy!
Graduate Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL7 december 2017
Definitely not the position for me. Being a graduate student promises the future of success, but the road towards it is not easy. You pretty much "make your own program". You set you hours, make your own schedule, and have to go to class as well. The hours are long, with little pay. Again. if you want to work in Academia, you need to be able to develop multitasking skills, organize your research and be ready to work hard. Not for anyone!
Pluspunten
guidance, free funding, resources for research, great departments
Minpunten
No benefits, stressful, low pay
good experience
Senior Research Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL5 december 2017
have to be self motivated to learn new things on your own. High expectation. work-life balance not so good. staff and colleagues are friendly. compensation is so so.
Groundsman (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, Il30 november 2017
Loved working at u of I. Great benefits, great people. Laid back and enjoyable. I worked there 5 years and loved every minute. The grounds department was fun and always something to do.
Job enviornment, people
Claim deze bedrijfspagina

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij University of Illinois. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag