University of Illinois Reviews

Alle 321 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Awesome place for Engineering!
Graduate Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL20 januari 2018
Lots of research happening here.Especially in CS department. Also, cost of living here is low.
the only problem here is cold winters. If you are used to harsh winters you can come here.
Bedrijfscultuur
Assistant Director of Dining Services for Catering (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL17 januari 2018
Exciting and fast paced work environment. My supervisor was very supportive. Great management staff! Always looking top improve and offer the best quality product to students and staff.
good pay and benefits
Bedrijfscultuur
Not sure why they are having me do this.
Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL15 januari 2018
I was only there for an REU a few years ago. The graduate program from what I have seen is very intense. I would recommend going somewhere else for graduate school.
Bedrijfscultuur
Extra Help Accounting (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL13 januari 2018
My last job was only a temporary position. It did not include benefits, but since I had retired from the same company, I already had those. I took the position knowing the end date when I started. I had done all of the work at my previous position so it was really easy to move in and do the work that was required.
Bedrijfscultuur
being on a job that you could say home
MEDICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL9 januari 2018
this is very comfortable place to be at people friendly and team player with co workers and staying with a company and maintain you r position and career and staying focused and stability and financial
n/a
n/a
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to do research, and can meet people from different background.
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL4 januari 2018
The students are working hard. Great opportunity and support from academia perspective. Nice campus environment. Great professors and researchers. Diversity in cultures.
Great research resources.
Stressful and fast pace.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work for experience
Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL3 januari 2018
I learned a lot about chemical reactions such as TLC plating. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people I worked with. The only thing I didn't like is that it is not paid, it is for experience and university credit.
Cool people
Not paid
Good grad school
Teaching Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign County, IL2 januari 2018
Many motivated students at this university make teaching more fun. Nice campus, though in a somewhat uninteresting location. Overall recommended for grad students.
Uninteresting location
Great place for Students
Undergraduate Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL28 december 2017
Great friendly place who is new to research field. All professors and staff are equally helpful in encouraging student to participate in meetings and work on various projects
Bedrijfscultuur
Research One university with outstanding faculty and smart students
Director of Communications, College of Media (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL15 december 2017
The U of I has faculty governance, which makes for a challenging place for a non-faculty person to work. The research conducted is fascinating and world-changing.
Bedrijfscultuur
Being a graduate student is never easy!
Graduate Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL7 december 2017
Definitely not the position for me. Being a graduate student promises the future of success, but the road towards it is not easy. You pretty much "make your own program". You set you hours, make your own schedule, and have to go to class as well. The hours are long, with little pay. Again. if you want to work in Academia, you need to be able to develop multitasking skills, organize your research and be ready to work hard. Not for anyone!
Pluspunten
guidance, free funding, resources for research, great departments
Minpunten
No benefits, stressful, low pay
good experience
Senior Research Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL5 december 2017
have to be self motivated to learn new things on your own. High expectation. work-life balance not so good. staff and colleagues are friendly. compensation is so so.
Groundsman (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, Il30 november 2017
Loved working at u of I. Great benefits, great people. Laid back and enjoyable. I worked there 5 years and loved every minute. The grounds department was fun and always something to do.
Job enviornment, people
research and teachinh assistant
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  champaign urbana, il19 november 2017
typical teaching and research assistant positions while in graduate school. Tuition waiver and monthly stipend were great and put me through grad school.
very stressful
snack bar attendant/ catering/ and prep cook (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL15 november 2017
I would not advise anyone to work at the university does not treat there workers fairly. the pay is good . the workers are lazy and they do not like to help anyone who is in need
Pluspunten
it is a great learning experience in the culinary arts field
Minpunten
the hours are not given. there are not any benefits for a part timer
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work freindly staff rich heritage!
Food Sanitation Laborer/Stage Hands (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL14 november 2017
A typical day at State Farm Center well the crew usually meet on the northwest side of the stadium before we start our assignments we have doughnuts & coffee, work until everything is setup then we have intermission until the show is concluded then I'm responsible for breaking down stage & loading it up. Something great I learned was time management & how to be a team player. Workplace culture is great I mean you become intrigued with the job almost immediately just knowing the history & knowing what your apart of makes you appreciate the job just little more. The hardest part of the job is the scheduling I personally wish I had more hours. The most enjoyable part hands down is meeting the celebs & pay.
Discounts, pay, Company
Healthcare, breaks, scheduling
educational job
Acct Tech I - Univ. Payables (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL9 november 2017
I was able to return to school and the University paid for it. They have a great benefit package and I was able to grow as an individual and employee while there.
Productive workplace
Building Service Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL23 oktober 2017
This is a cut throat environment. It is not a fair and just place to work. The slackers stay there to retire and those that work hard may lose their position because of a slight slip. I was a slow work environment and it may take about 3 hours to do a taask. It must be strerched over a 8 hour shift.
Bedrijfscultuur
easy to communicate and flexible
Student Event Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL22 oktober 2017
Clear direction given from upper level management. The other employees work well together and there is no abuse of power. The hardest part is understanding every specific question. The easiest part of the job is the flexibility in hours and what to do during the game.
Free lunch, work 2 or 3 days a week
Long days
Bedrijfscultuur
My daily and weekly duties
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL9 oktober 2017
Typing, filing, meet & greet, assisting the hard manager, taking inbound & outbound calls, running errands in & around UIC, internet research. I also spoke to students that were new at UIC and answered questions about the campus.
At the desk all day.
Liad off
Claim deze bedrijfspagina

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij University of Illinois. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag